Safety Harbor Resort & Spa Reviews

Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 5
Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 6
Safety Harbor Resort & Spa 7

Adriana · Married on 03/12/2017

This place is just breath taking. The charm and history of the resort alone made it a reason for my husband and I want to see it in person. It definitely did not disappoint. We got married here few weeks ago and loved going once a month just to visit the area. Meeting Maria Touloumis is a must if you are looking to book here, she will change your life! Her and her catering staff are absolutely amazing and so accommodating to everything you think you need. Maria was more than attentive to our vision and made sure that everything we wanted was able to come true. Our wedding went off without a hitch and we are still getting compliments on it. If you have the opportunity to go over to Safety Harbor Resort and Spa and tour the grounds you must ask for Maria Touloumis - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Lillie · Married on 01/27/2017

Our family recently hosted a bridal shower, rehearsal dinner and wedding reception all at this venue. It is quite a gem! There are several rooms and locations within this venue to choose from. Beautiful settings for pictures both indoor and outdoor. The food was creative and amazing! All three events had different types of food ordered and none disappointed. The event planner, Maria T. was absolutely wonderful. She helped us navigate through the details, offered insightful suggestions and all in all was a pleasure to work with. She is knowledgeable and professional, yet puts you at ease. I highly recommend this venue. My only regret is that I didn't find it sooner. Since this is also a hotel and spa, it is perfect for out of town guests, or for the guests who would like to stay over instead of driving home. It makes for a great weekend retreat.

Sent on 04/27/2017

Alejandra · Married on 01/15/2017

Our wedding was perfect, thanks to Maria Toloumis, the most amazing, most perfect wedding coordinator on the planet! From the very first day we met with her, she was a God sent. She thought of every single detail that would make us happy and did everything to make it happen!

Maria, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for being so perfect at what you do!

Sent on 01/25/2017

Cherylann · Married on 12/10/2016

We had our wedding there 12/10/16 and absolutely everything was perfect. It was my dream wedding for sure. The venue is beautiful and we did our ceremony on the bayview terrace and reception in their tent. The food was amazing and the service was great. Maria Toulomis was phenomenal. I can't say enough about it. Absolutely incredible!!

Sent on 02/19/2017

Lorie · Married on 12/04/2016

My husband and I got married here 2 weeks ago. This was the best decision we ever made and it was all due to the loving, caring attention of Maria Touloumis!! I cannot say enough good things about Maria and Safety Harbor Resort. My wedding day was amazing and was everything I've always dreamed of. The food was amazing and the rooms were spacious and comfortable. We had a few out of town guests that were able to stay at the resort. Having everything all inclusive really made planning so much easier. Thank you Maria and everyone else that had a part in our big day. We will never forget it and will be back every year to celebrate our anniversary!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Tiffany · Married on 11/15/2016

I can not express enough how amazing this place is. When my husband and first walked in we were greeted with smiling faces and helpful hands. The grounds are absolutley beautiful and the rooms have a special historic charm. I chosw to have my hair and make up done in the spa and Paul Oliver made me look so beautiful! His professional touch made my husband actually gasp when he saw me coming down the aisle! Maria Touloumis was our catering manager and she made everything perfect for our big day! She didnt miss a single detail during the planning process, making sure we had everything just the way we wanted it! She is a firecracker who isnt afraid to get what you want done and make sure all your vendors stay on task and on schedule so that our day flowed so perfectly! Her focus was always on making sure we were happy and taken care of like royalty! Our guests could not stop raving abpit how wonderful the staff were and how amazing the food tasted! We didnt have a single complaint from our guests the entire night!! We have already recomended many people to use safety harbor as their venue and had an engaged couple who attended our wedding inform us that they will definatly be having their big day there!! We are so happy that we chose safety harbor resort for our wedding venue and will definitely be returning to partake in the resort amenities!!

Sent on 11/25/2016

John · Married on 11/12/2016

AMAZING Wedding. The facility is beautiful. We had the ceremony/cocktail hour/reception all on site. We worked with Maria Touloumis in Catering. She is the best. Very helpful, always calm, made changes as we went along... was awesome at the Wedding and Reception. Staff was great, rooms were super, food was fantastic. Cocktail hour on the outdoor deck overlooked Tampa Bay was fantastic at sunset. it was the BEST wedding I have ever been to. Near PERFECT in every way. I cannot recommend the Spa and Maria any more than I am with this review.

Sent on 11/17/2016
  • Maureen

Maureen · Married on 11/11/2016

Safety Harbor Spa and Resort is all you need for a fabulous wedding, the above 5 star rating was evident in all members of the wedding planning team and especially, Maria Touloumis. She anticipated every need and created a wedding for our grandaughter that we will always remember!!

Sent on 12/04/2016

Sonja · Married on 10/23/2016

You will love this venue and wedding coordinators. Maria Touloumis was our event coordinator and made us feel very confident throughout the planning process. She was there from start to finish. She and the entire events staff were amazing!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Sharon · Married on 10/08/2016

Wedding was planned by Maria Touloumis. Maria was key to our beautiful event. She guided us in making the hundreds of decisions an event like this requires. She listened to our vision and helped us achieve exactly the wedding we wanted. Maria is a calming problem solver during the event, fixing every crisis that arises with humor and warmth.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Lori · Married on 08/27/2016

Zandra, my coordinator, was fantastic! She guided me on the arrangements that needed to be done on my part when I felt overwhelmed with what to do first and stayed on top of every detail to make sure things were done on time with me, the banquet team and my vendors. The banquet team were all very professional and accommodating at the reception and the food was fantastic! My guests also raved about the food at the cocktail hour that I unfortunately missed because of pictures. This venue is very beautiful, the resort staff were all very friendly and my suite was huge. I came to realize that the key to the perfect wedding after you find your venue is your coordinator. You can find the perfect venue, but if your coordinator is not accessible or is not committed to help, your event does not come together and will be a complete disaster. We were so fortunate to have Zandra. I enjoyed working with her very much because she really cared about making sure my daughter's wedding was perfect. She truly went above and beyond, even assisting with "issues" with some of the future "in-laws". She worked so closely with me and my daughter on our event that I feel like she is part of our family now.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Cathy · Married on 08/20/2016

My daughter was married Saturday, August 20 at the Safety Harbor Resort & Spa and we couldn't be more pleased with everything! We worked with Catering Sales Manager Maria Maxwell and she was a pleasure to do business with! Because of a staffing change at the Spa, Maria only had 3 weeks to pull together all the details of a wedding that included the wedding and plated dinner reception on site for 170 guests. She was very responsive to all of our questions and direction - and tended to each and every detail with complete excellence and professionalism. She was a delight and went out of her way to make sure Allie and Doug had the wedding of their dreams. Thank you Maria Maxwell and staff!

Sent on 08/25/2016

Lloyd and Maria · Married on 06/25/2016

We just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Safety Harbor Resort and SPA and we had a wonderful time as well as our guests. The preparation leading to the the event was well organized by a wonderful person, Maria Savakis Touloumis. The resort staff were very helpful and made our stay very relaxing to us as well as to our guests. Choosing this venue for any event is highly recommended.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Candace · Married on 06/25/2016

Maria Touloumis is a wonderful wedding planner. She is detail oriented, timely, organized, and efficient. If you want a wedding planner that will allow you to relax because you are confident that she knows exactly what she is doing, you want to go to Safety Harbor Resort and Spa and see Maria.

I recently got married at Safety Harbor Resort and Spa, and the day went so well, I can still hardly believe it. From the beginning of the wedding planning process, Maria helped me to not only relax but enjoy the whole process. She has the right connections, the right experience, and the right personality to make your wedding day wonderful. One of the best things about Maria is that she not only has the patience of Job and an extremely loving spirit, but she can also command a room. Your wedding day will have many moving parts, and you can rest assured, these moving parts will do exactly what they need to do and be exactly where they need to be because Maria is your coordinator.

Thank you Maria for going above and beyond my expectations in every way and for being a wonderful person. There are many more things I can say about Maria and the entire Safety Harbor safe, but I hope you have the chance to experience them first hand. I wish you all the best, planning your wedding!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Valerie · Married on 06/11/2016

Our wedding reception was absolutely incredible! The atmosphere was elegant, the friendly staff had everything (decorations, table settings, etc) set up just how I asked. The food and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) was very delicious. Everyone enjoyed themselves. The wedding planner - Maria Touloumis - was excellent. She is very professional, friendly and went above and beyond to make sure this day was what I dreamed of. We also got a free room to be able to stay the night at the Spa after our reception and enjoyed the pool the next morning. I would recommend Safety Harbor Spa to anyone looking for a beautiful place - inside and outside - to have a reception at!

Sent on 06/16/2016

valerie · Married on 05/29/2016

I am so glad I chose Safety Harbor Resort and Spa as the venue for my wedding! I had Maria Touloumis as my wedding coordinator, and she was absolutely amazing. She was so helpful, attentive, and supportive with every decision I made. She designed a custom wedding package to fit our every need without compromising our budget. Maria, as well as all of the Safety Harbor Spa employees made me feel comfortable about choosing this location for my wedding celebration. I definitely recommend this venue for any and all occasions!

Sent on 05/25/2016

We just has our wedding at Safety Harbor Spa in May 2016 and the staff was able to deliver the wedding of our dreams. First of all, Maria Touloumis (Sr catering sales manager)was AMAZING!! She literally was like my wedding fair God Mother. She will make you feel at ease from the start. With all of the crazy and stressful wedding details that come with planing a wedding, she was always there to answer all of my questions and help guide me as well. She is so experienced and really knows what she is doing and will listen to all of your needs and always delivers. Maria Maxwell (sales coordinator) was also such a great help; The staff all works so good together. All of the food at our reception was spectacular. Each and every one of our guests have not stopped talking about how impressed they were with their meals and how delicious it was. The catering staff/servers were on their game the entire night, always with a smile on their faces. We had our reception in the four seasons ballroom, which is such a beautiful room!! If you are thinking about having your wedding at Safety Harbor Spa, look no further and go for it. We looked at so many other venues in Tampa/St Pete/Clearwater and none of them can compare to S.H.P.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Kelsey · Married on 04/22/2016

We truly had our dream wedding/wedding reception, and could not have done with without Safety Harbor Resort and Spa. Maria our wedding coordinator made all of our wedding dreams come true!! She is wonderful and was our wedding fairy godmother. Anything we wanted, she made it happen! Any problems that came up, she immediately put out the fires. She provided us with a stress free wedding experience, which is a bride's dream. The resort is historical and unique, very quaint and cozy. The tiki bar by the pool is a great hang out. The food was AMAZING! They offer such unique food options for wedding food packages, not your typical wedding food. Our service was wonderful, could not have felt more taken care of and tended to. Thank you so much Maria and your entire wedding crew, we had the time of our lives!!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Crystal · Married on 04/15/2016

We love Maria! Her attention to detail is unmatched. She helped make great recommendations during the planning stages and kept us on schedule during the big day. She went above and beyond anything I could imagine. We had an absolutely beautiful wedding. Our guest still continue to rave about the venue and delicious food.

Sent on 04/22/2016

mila · Married on 04/02/2016

Safety Harbor Resort was our second choice, I was looking at Vinoy Renaissance before making my decision. My choice was easy, due to lack of response and attention to details from director of Vinoy I knew what I had to do.
    Diana Cardenas - Catering Sales Manager for Safety Harbor called me next day after my enquiry. We met her a week later, liked everything about what she said, happily signed our contract. But no wedding plan goes without a glitch....
    Two months before the wedding I tried contacting Diana to set up tasting. I was informed by her boss that she no longer works there but had Katherine Turner taking her place.

Katherine was a pleasure to work with, she is consistent, smart, easy going and pretty much saved us from losing tons of money and our minds. Let me explain why......
    When we signed our contract we also had written email asking to have 5 rooms set up and had confirmed email from Diana that it was done. As we were going over details with Katherine she informed us that we didn't have any reservations made, worse there was no more rooms available to book at the moment due to spring break everything was already reserved. We were so upset ready to terminate our contract... Katherine reassured us that she would do everything in her power and find us rooms, there was some time and cancelations can happen. She did just that, she place us on a list for first available cancelations. I was supper happy when she found us all the requested rooms a week later. Katherine worked with us on our schedule, stayed way pass her hours and has been in contact almost every day to make sure that we had everything we asked for. She even stayed till the last minute of the wedding and helped me with my bustle.... who does that? She deserves a gold medal.

Sent on 04/13/2016

Milagros · Married on 03/26/2016

The Safety Harbor Resort and Spa was the perfect place for our wedding and reception on March 26th, 2016. It's a gorgeous hotel with an old Florida feel that had every amenity we needed for the wedding and our stay. We had our wedding in the beautiful Tranquility Garden and reception in the air-conditioned Tent that when you walked inside it looked like a ballroom. Our room overlooked the Tranquility Garden, which was great because we watched other weddings and brides taking pictures in front of the fountain. We worked with Katherine Turner from the hotel who was nothing short of amazing. She was so professional and courteous with us during the months leading up to the wedding. She consistently stayed in contact with us via email or phone to ensure everything was covered, and even was there for the wedding and reception to help out if we needed anything. Give her a raise! The food was delicious and the wait staff was wonderful. Overall, it was a terrific experience and would recommend The Safety Harbor Resort and Spa to any interested couple looking for beautiful experience and place to get married.

Sent on 03/31/2016

If you're looking for a gorgeous venue and amazing staff to help you along the way Safety Harbor Resort and Spa is the place for you.
    They are very organized, honest, and they really know these business. From the rooms to the food everything wad wonderful. My wedding was like a fairytale and I couldn't have asked for anything more. It was better then I could have imagined.

Sent on 03/24/2016

Linda · Married on 03/20/2016

There is a line from a song from The Sound of Music that goes: How do you solve a problem like Maria? In the case of Maria Touloumis from Safety Harbor Spa, that line should be rewritten to read: If you have a problem, Maria can solve it! I cannot think of enough adjectives to describe what a pleasure it was to have Maria as my contact. She was always there for me, guiding me when I had questions about what to do, pointing me in the right direction, giving me suggestions when I needed them. She was invaluable - and her judgment and taste are excellent. She has such a friendly way about her, and she is THE BEST to deal with if you are planning a wedding. I truly don't think I could have done it without her. My guests - many of whom are very picky - just loved the venue, the food, the rooms, the ambiance - everything about the Safety Harbor experience. I truly think I won the Wedding Lottery when I connected with Maria!

Sent on 03/25/2016

We had the rehearsal dinner for our son's wedding at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa on March 18, 2016. Maria Touloumis, our catering manager, was great to work with. She answered all of my questions during the planning process, and worked to make everything wonderful for our group. All of the dishes served at our dinner were delicious. The banquet staff was excellent. The event was held in the tent near the pool, which was just right for our group of forty. All of the comments I have heard from our dinner guests have been very complimentary.

We stayed at the resort the night of the dinner and were pleased with our room, as well. Our bayview room, located in the tower, was spacious, clean, and comfortable. I also visited with family members staying in a different section of the hotel, and their room was just as nice as ours. The property itself is beautiful.

We have eaten in the restaurant and attended banquets there numerous times over the years and have never had a complaint. I would not hesitate to stay at the Safety Harbor Resort and Spa again, or to recommend it to others. As a local resident whose first child was just married, I would definitely consider it as a venue for a future wedding-related event.

Sent on 03/28/2016

Rick · Married on 03/12/2016

Hands down the easiest, most complete, best experience ever. I have heard all the horror stories and was prepared for it all but John Ward and his team made our day PERFECT!!!! No drama, very coordinated, well presented tables, even dealt with two special meals without us reminding them.

The best I can say is that when the bride walked in she said, "this is exactly as I dreamed it would be!"

5 stars times a million.....

Sent on 03/30/2016