Sacramento, Roseville Wedding Officiant - Ken Birks Reviews

68 | Roseville, CA

68 Reviews for Sacramento, Roseville Wedding Officiant - Ken Birks

Sheral · Married on 11/12/2013

Our wedding with Pastor Ken Birks could not have been better. We threw a few extra things in the ceremony (songs mainly) and he was so easy to work with. We selected the wording in our ceremony out of options he offers and everyone at the ceremony made comments about the excellent messages given by Pastor Birks. I would highly recommend this wedding officiant.

Sent on 01/21/2014

Nicole · Married on 10/11/2013

We are very happy with our decision to use Ken as our wedding officiant. We both were raised Catholic but opted not to have a church wedding. Together with Ken, we put together religious elements of our ceremony, but it was very much "us". We wanted to include our families and guests as much as possible. After meeting with Ken he emailed us a bunch of options for our ceremony. We chose the ones that we liked the best and were able to add our own elements into the mix which made our ceremony feel really special. He is very kind, professional and prompt with replies. He had another ceremony rehearsal scheduled on the day of our rehearsal and went out of his way to make sure he was able to attend both, which was really nice. The best part was he put a special booklet together with our whole ceremony and we got to keep it. We can always look back at our ceremony booklet when we want to remember our special day and our personal vows. We will gladly recommend him to any friends looking for a wedding officiant.

Sent on 01/10/2014

Ken did a great job. We felt like we knew him for a very long time even though we had only just met him. He was very professional. He was very easy to work with. He was very open to our ideas. He provided us with samples of vows and we were able to pick and choose what we wanted. I would definitely recommend him to other brides.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Josie · Married on 05/19/2013

Pastor Ken Birks is by far the BEST wedding officiant! He made our wedding really special and memorable. It was fun working with him and going over details for our wedding. The ceremony booklet is awesome! We loved how it really all tied in well with our wedding. If you are looking for a wedding officiant, Ken Birks is who you should go to! Thank YOU so much for working with us and taking the time to make our wedding Amazing!! Ken Birks hands down A+! Thank you again! We are very happy with your services! :)

Sent on 05/21/2013

Laura and Alfredo · Married on 05/19/2013

Pastor Ken Birks did a wonderful job officiating our outdoor wedding at a golf course in Sacramento. He is easy to work with, and my husband and I liked the range of vows he presented to us to choose from - From very religious, to not religious at all, to anything in between (my husband and I are not religious so we were looking for someone who would be accepting of that). Pastor Birks also helped us to incorporate some meaningful phrases of our own in the vows, and he attended our rehearsal which we really appreciated.
    We would highly recommend Pastor Birks for any couple's wedding!

Sent on 05/25/2013

Shiloh · Married on 05/18/2013

Ken was very professional and gave us several options for our non-religious wedding ceremony. We were able to do most of our communications via email, which worked wonderfully since we work full time and have small children and can't always meet in person. He was available when we needed him and helped us every step of the way!

Sent on 05/28/2013

Tara · Married on 04/28/2013

Ken was our officiant for our wedding and he did an amazing job! He was very friendly, personable, and made you feel at ease. He was quick to respond to any questions we had before meeting and always made time for us. We had asked for a slightly different type of ceremony in which my husband and I wrote letters to each as our vows and had Ken read them during the ceremony. During the reading, he paused at the right moments to allow for laughter from the audience (some of our vows were meant to be funny). He helped us with the flow of the ceremony to make sure it incorporated everything we wanted and gave us a keepsake of our ceremony script/booklet. We were very happy with his services and highly recommend him.

Sent on 05/26/2013

Lorielle · Married on 04/07/2013

Ken was awesome! My husband and I don’t belong to a church and we really didn’t want the ceremony to be super traditional or very religious (although he does offer ceremonies like that too). Ken offered so many different versions of the vows, the words to be said during the exchanging or rings, and just words to be said through out the wedding that we were able to even edit them a little bit and make it our own. We also chose to do the sand ceremony. I would defiantly recommend Ken to my friends! Also it was very important to me that the officiate attended the rehearsal, and he did. (I guess most officiates just show up day of).

Sent on 05/24/2013

Lindsey · Married on 04/06/2013

Very great officiant! My husband and I were very happy with him officiating our wedding! Highly recomend Pastor Ken Birks to others who need an officiant to other couples planning their wedding.

Sent on 05/23/2013

Pastor Ken Birks was absolutely awesome and we are so blessed that he was our wedding officiant! He was very accommodating to the different religious backgrounds my husband and I have and he made it such a beautiful ceremony. As most brides fear, I never had any concerns about Pastor Birks failure to appear. He was very dedicated to make the day as special as we had dreamed and I wouldn't change anything. I would recommend Pastor Birks to any couple!

Sent on 05/31/2013

Melissa · Married on 09/16/2017

Very professional and a lot of help. The information he gave us was very helpful. Did an amazing ceremony and really made our day special.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Holly · Married on 04/28/2018

Really liked the program that Ken has put together, provide a lot of input so it's very personalized. Ken was on time and quick to reply. My only gripe would be he pronounced our last name wrong when pronouncing us man and wife, everyone does in general so we should have clarified that prior to the wedding since it's now a running joke amongst our friends.

Sent on 05/24/2018

Mj · Married on 05/18/2014

Really great to work with, gave us lots of ideas and options, and listened to exactly what we wanted. Helped create the perfect ceremony for us, and it was just perfect. He was easy to work with and very personable. Pastor Birks created a really nice booklet of our ceremony for us to keep, even had our engagement photo on the front cover. The ceremony was lovely and people really liked his natural, warm, easy going style.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Jason · Married on 06/30/2018

Pastor Ken was great to work with and we were very pleased with our ceremony, which Ken helped us personalize.

Sent on 07/13/2018

jedda · Married on 08/25/2015

3.5

Very nice and professional officiant.

Sent on 09/23/2015

Monica · Married on 03/16/2018

4.2

He did great work he listened to our wishes only complaint I have is he needed to enunciate more because their was a portion where my husband and I couldn’t understand what he said when we had to repeat after him but we had a good laugh over it. All and all great service and he was early on rehearsal and also on the day of the wedding!

Sent on 04/16/2018
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 09/22/2012

3.5

I had gone through one officiant already, as they seem to be the hardest vendors to deal with if you don't personally know one. But I came across Ken's page just through a google search, seemed like a decent guy and a pastor at a church in Rocklin. My husband and I met up with him and got a real good feel from him and decided he was the one for us to get married by, he was open to us adding in certian ceremonies he had never done (rose ceremony) and also had some input himself on certian things he liked to say at weddings, which were nice, he didn't push the religious readings on us if we didn't want them, always returned my calls and emails. Seemed to be a good fit, once rehearsal came around he never showed. I called him and he stated that he had forgot as he wasn't feeling well and thought that the rehearsal was the next day. Unfortunetly he didn't make it to the rehearsal at all as it was too far of a drive for him, so when the wedding came around he had no idea what the flow was and was continually asking my husband what the plan was. He did great during the ceremony and we enjoyed his ceremony he wrote out, however the second the ceremony was over he rushed over to my husband and said "please get the wedding license so I can leave as soon as possible" to use this seemed rushed and unprofessional. We had just expiereneced the best moment of our lives and to have someone pushing us to rush so he could leave kind of upset us. All in all it was OK services. If I could recommend to anyone I would say to go with an officiant you know or have a friend ordaned as this seemed to be the hardest part for my wedding expiereneces.

Sent on 10/08/2012

John · Married on 06/10/2017

Ken did a good job officiating the wedding.

Sent on 07/10/2017