Sachs Jewelers Reviews

27 Reviews for Sachs Jewelers

Jim · Married on 03/01/2011

0.6
      1.0

Beware with Sachs Jewelers…

My fiancé and I bought our engagement rings from there. It didn’t work out so when we broke up, I brought the GIA certified diamond back and they won’t refund me any money. They won’t even do a store credit. What kind of customer service is this? The ring was in the same condition as the day we bought it and like gold and platinum, diamond doesn’t depreciate. I didn’t wear it at all and even they say that it’s brand new.

They did agree to put the diamond ring on display and the price tag was over $20,000. When I bought the ring, it was only for $8,400. After 8 months, I took the ring back because there was no way someone would buy my ring for that price. It doesn’t seem like they want to sell my ring. At the end of the 8 months, they offered me $2,000 for it. Can you believe that? They put a $20,000 price tag on the ring then turned around and offered me $2,000 for it.

They wasted my time and jerk me around for 8 months. I am very disappointed at this store and their management. They acted nice to you but in the end, all they care about is making as much money out of you and they don’t care about you as a customer.

Sent on 03/08/2011

Sachs Jewelers's reply:

This response is to state the facts referenced in a posting dated March 1st, 2011 in a more accurate manner.
    1) The diamond ring was purchased in February of 2007, nearly four years ago. Our store policies state “Exchange or store credit only, within 30 days of purchase. Four years is well beyond this time frame.
    2) The diamond that the customer selected is a beautiful but a more atypical cut being an Ascher cut diamond and was ordered specifically for this customer. This is a unusual cut diamond and is not a shape that is frequently requested. This diamond was placed in the showcase in July 2010 where it remained until the customer picked it up in February 2011. The price tag was reduced to $13,500.00. The platinum ring was custom designed for this diamond in a size 4 specifically for this customer’s finger size.
    3) At no time was an offer made to purchase this diamond, as a matter of fact the customer was told several times that Sachs Jewelers was not interested in buying her diamond.
    4) We were only trying to assist the customer in selling her diamond on a consignment basis.

0.0

I spent alot of money for two small jewelry repairs..A post for a pearl earring and a clasp repair for bracelet..Earring post broke first time I put it on after repair. The bracelet is still not connecting properly. They are not very pleasant and come off as pretentious! Dont waste youre money with this business.

Sent on 03/31/2014