S&S Limousine Reviews

64 | Le Roy, NY

64 Reviews for S&S Limousine

• Yourlilfig

Tia · Married on 08/06/2016

The limo company was great to deal with! We were able to plan every detail through a few emails and phone calls. It was easy to make payments over the phone, as well. Our driver was on time the day of, unfortunately we were 2 minutes late and our driver called promptly to be sure he was at the correct location. Our limo was clean, though the inside showed some wear. There was ice and cold bottles of water waiting for us. The only thing I didn't like was that there were only red solo cups to drink from, didn't feel too fancy to drink our champagne after the ceremony. Our driver was more than happy to help me in and out of the limo and he was extremely pleasant to work with. I do recommend them!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Rebecca · Married on 09/08/2012

We used S&S for shuttle service to and from the reception as well as for the bridal party's limo. The shuttle service was excellent: prompt, clean and efficient. The service for the limousine was also good. Our driver was early and very nice. The limo was a bit old, however and didn't have a working stereo or divider. However, the price was right and they were nice to work with.

Sent on 09/16/2012

Christina · Married on 08/01/2008

I gathered all the limo prices from area businesses to compare. S&S was the cheapest by far. We booked a limo bus, which isn't a coach bus it is a "short bus". The driver was very nice. The inside of the limo had some wear, but it wasn't bad. Overall for the price they were pretty good.

Sent on 09/24/2008
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/05/2018

Wedding limo

The driver was professional and the limo was clean. Unfortunately the driver spent a little too much time picking up the boys and showing off the different features of the limo that he was late picking up the girls. The ceremony still started relatively on time and it didn't make much of a difference in the day. Very good communication with the company prior

Sent on 02/27/2019

Kristin · Married on 10/17/2015

Our driver was nice and fun to work with. He knew how to help me get in and out of the limo with my dress so there was no concerns about the dress getting damaged. However, our limo was older and the audio equipment did not all work. We were still able to listen to music and enjoy the interior lights although it would have been nice to have all of the equipment work. Overall, this would not prevent me from choosing them in the future

Sent on 10/31/2015

3.0

I had no problem with this company on the day of the wedding. I think in general the pricing for transportation is a little steep, but that can't be changed, and we didn't want anyone to drive themselves. Our driver was very prompt and extremely accommodating. She made sure that she helped me into and out of the limo every time, and that my dress was raised, and wouldn't be stepping in any puddles. We forgot cups for our champagne, and 2 seconds later she was handing some back to us. The AC didn't work, but since it was October it wasn't horrible, but did get stuffy and hot when everyone was in there. She offered to drive us around since we arrived early to the church so I wouldn't get too hot waiting in there.

Sent on 12/31/2014
  • tasgmv

Gina · Married on 06/27/2009

3.8
      3.0

I booked them at a bridal show and got an amazing deal. I originally booked the white hummer limo that was shown on the display board behind the table. I later found out they didn't have that and were going to give me a hummer with a truck bed... I did not want this and had a huge ordeal trying to pick a new limo. The inside of the limos are kinda small and you sit knee to knee and when we first got in our limo it smelled like horses. Our driver was awesome though and I didn't really have many problems with them other than the original problem with what car we were getting.

Sent on 07/18/2009

Keri · Married on 08/30/2014

3.6
      3.5

I liked them and would use them again but I wasn't absolutely thrilled by them. I felt the driver was really upset by me having the wrong house number for the house we were getting pictures done at. But he didn't charge us extra for being late so it was okay.

Sent on 11/09/2014

3.4
      1.5

I reserved our limo a year and two months prior to our wedding date.. They were by far the cheapest and seemed to be a great company. I contacted s & s a day prior to our wedding day with a location change. And from there the representative offered me to upgrade to a hummer or a party bus because the vehicle I requested was experiencing mechanical issues. The representative continued to push the bus on me saying that it's really nice and up to date and that the hummer was a little older. To make a long story short.. I choose the hummer.. When i stepped into the hummer the carpet was very dirty and it smelled like horse crap. The driver tried to blame the dirty carpet on my husband and his groomsmen. After the ceremony my husband expressed his disappointment with the cleanliness of the limo. We will not do business with this company in the future.

Sent on 04/02/2015

katie · Married on 10/13/2017

2.6
      2.5
      2.0
      3.0

This was unfortunately my least favorite aspect of our otherwise wonderful wedding. Our driver seemed clueless and uninformed. We had written out a schedule previous to the event but it seemed like he didn't really know what he was there for. We were disappointed. We didn't feel we got what we paid for.

Sent on 10/22/2017

S&S Limousine's reply:

Good Morning Katie! Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience. I would like to talk to you more about this to see what went wrong.

Please call or email Jen
    info@sslimo.com

1.8
      1.0

We used S&S for our wedding and were extremely disappointed with their service.We had a huge number of problems along the way because the prices we were quoted in our initial phone call were not honored. In addition, S&S failed to honor the rate that was sent from S&S in the contract and that we signed and returned. I've never, ever heard of a business doing something like that.

After many, many phone calls, S&S finally seemed to want to help us the week prior to the wedding (they did send someone to drive the groom to the church at no charge--thank you!) and took copious notes on how to best get our guests from the hotel to the reception for the start of cocktail hour at 5:30pm. We received a rather confusing phone call at 4:15 (in the middle of wedding photos) that the shuttle was 20 minutes ahead of schedule. In addition, the driver allowed people to sit three per seat, which meant that over 100 people were at cocktail hour over 30 minutes prior to the start of food and beverage service.

I can see that S&S might not think that arriving early would be an issue, but it posed a giant problem for my poor parents. Guests were hungry and thirsty and started complaining that the bar wasn't open. They complained to management, management talked to my parents, and my parents ultimately opened the bar early, costing them quite a bit of extra money. In addition, my parents had to unfortunately overhear some borderline rude comments from disgruntled guests..

In addition to the early arrivals, the driver for the shuttle ASKED GUESTS the best route to the venue. 85% of our guests were from out of town and had no idea, though they should not have been asked to begin with. The driver of the wedding party shuttle also asked us directions. Plus, he did not have EZ Pass, which delayed the bridal party by about 10 minutes, causing us to arrive late to our cocktail hour.

It has taken me months to write this because I was so, so, so upset about the whole mess.

Sent on 06/23/2015

0.6
      0.0

The limo service starts way before boarding. It starts when you first contact the agency. In my case, the start was a good indicator of how terrible the company would be. The emails I received in response to my questions were often short, hurried, and left a few questions unanswered. The people I spoke with on the phone interrupted, sighed, and rushed to answer questions. They would often cut me off as I was trying to go over logistics, saying "I think so," or "I'm not sure, but I think so," or "I'm sure the driver knows." It was pretty much as helpful as a mediocre Google search could have pulled up.

The ride itself was hassle-free and the driver was amiable. The one thing S&S did that made me want to never go back to them ever again is when I woke up the next morning to an email from my credit card company charging me $160 from S&S. There wasn't even an email from S&S explaining the charge. I called the agency and asked why and the incredibly rude employee said that it was the gratuity that was not paid to the driver on the night of. I explained that we paid him in cash, a total of 15% tip of our entire bill. She then changed her stance and said that we HAD to pay a 20% gratuity fee, and the $160 was part of the missing 5%. Of course this is wrong for so many reasons, but the cherry on top was the fact that she barely hid her contempt when she sarcastically said, "Did you even read the contract?" to which I responded that I have, many times, and I even made an extra copy of the contract so I could refer back to it. She then said that if I really had read the contract, I would know it says the mandatory 20% fee. Right then and there, I knew it was nothing but lies. I had a copy of the contract right in front of me, and it states, explicitly right next to the total, a "RECOMMENDED 20%". I dictated the contract over the phone, and she paused and referred me to her manager. Of course, being it as a "busy" season, her manager was unavailable.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Joseph · Married on 09/10/2016

0.6
      0.5

S&S was helpful when i was inquiring about their services. Once booked, the tables turned. We explained what we wanted to S&S 3 separate times, and we still did not get what we wanted. S&S refused to pick us up at the address on our contract, forcing our guests to walk through thunderstorms to use the shuttle that we provided for guests, and then refused to give us any money back. Will never use again, and would never wish this company upon ANYONE. Stay Away

Sent on 09/14/2016

Kelly · Married on 06/15/2013

0.0

When the driver showed up he showed a contract showing we had a nitro which was incorrect. I have copies of my contract with the correct limo. We were unable to fit even the bridal party in the limo they sent. I wasnt told anything until a nitro showed up to pick up everyone and we were stuck trying to figure out rides because we were planning on the yukon denali which we have had planned since last year. I have had the limo paid in full. When I called to see what happened I was told there was a "problem" with the yukon and thats why they sent a small, rusty nitro that didnt even fit everyone I needed. I am astonished how this business is ran. A friend of mine knows an owner for another limo company who has personally spoke with Tom at S&S who has openly admitted he will take the limo away from someone who has it booked if someone has offered more money. I was told I would get half of my money back when I should receive it all back. My ONLY positive review on this company was our driver Paul who was completely embarrassed by your company and continued to apologize. You ruined an important part of our day and I will make sure to let every person know what a horrible company you are. I dont think there was ever intentions to send the limo we RESERVED and had PAID IN FULL.

Sent on 06/17/2013