S.O.S. Wedding planners Reviews

Cancun, MX
View more information

Caty C. Married on 04/23/2022

10/10 recommend

Maggie & her team were absolutely amazing! We were referred to her by a previous bride that worked with her in Mexico, and to say she saved our wedding is an understatement! She is responsive, reliable and has a true passion for her profession. If you are in need of a wedding planner, look no further! You can trust that you are in great hands and your wedding day will be all that you have ever dreamed of! Thank you SOS wedding planners!!
  • Jeniece
    Jeniece W. Married on 12/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The most incredible wedding planners in the world!!!!

Maggie & Michael are DREAM wedding planners. My husband and I were supposed to be married in Italy in May of 2020. After rescheduling 5 times, we finally decided to cancel Italy and move the wedding to Tulum. The moment we met Maggie, we fell in love with her. She has the most calming and nurturing demeanor and really just makes you feel like everything will be ok. Planning a wedding from scratch for the second time in less than a year is a lot to handle. Giving up your dream wedding location in Italy is a lot to handle. Replanning a whole new wedding in 6 months is a lot to handle. Maggie and Michael made what seemed like the impossible, actually possible.

And at the end of the day - our wedding in Tulum was nothing short of pure perfection and was honestly better than anything we could have ever imagined (Italy included). I am not a go with the flow kind of bride. I have a very clear vision and know what I want. I am VERY particular. And for someone to be able to execute the vision I had in my head and make it even better than that - is no small task. Every single person who went to our wedding said it was the most beautiful, absolute best wedding they have ever been to in their lives - and it is 200% because of Maggie and Michael. Not only did they make sure our wedding day was perfect, they planned our welcome dinner, our brunch and all the transportation for our guests.

I am very rarely impressed and I NEVER write reviews. But I would move heaven and earth to let the world know how amazing this team is. If you are getting married in Mexico - these are the planners for you. I love them all dearly and when I think about my wedding and the work their team did to make my day perfect - I get emotional and start to cry. These are some of the most special people on earth and you will be so lucky to have them as your wedding planners.
    Morea H. Married on 12/07/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Could not have asked for more

Maggie and the team were amazing and I could not have asked for a better wedding planner. She knew how to calm me down when I was stressed, was very responsive through WhatsApp (literally talked to her everyday) and took care of everything. There were no problems and everything turned out better than I could have ever expected.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Paola A. Married on 02/18/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We can't thank SOS wedding planners enough for the beautiful and spectacular wedding they orchestrated for us!! After months of planning, and calls and texting, we feel like Lesly became family. It was a very detailed and busy week, from a thursday catamaran trip, Friday beach welcome party, to an all night wedding at Xcaret for 130 people. Tequila tasting, fireworks, Mariachis, calypso band, fire dancers, cigar maker, DJ, batucada dancers, cuban band, hair/makeup, photographer, videographer, and even fortune teller birds...They pulled it all together and we were thrilled!! Every time we arrived at an event, we were always impressed with how visually stunning things looked. They have great visions, they think big, and they certainly made our crew from NY and Miami very happy. They work with top notch vendors who were reliable and great to work with as well. If you're planning a wedding in the playa del Carmen, Tulum, or any surrounding area, you will love the results with SOS. we sure did and wish we could do it all again!!
    Janine Married on 02/14/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Wedding planning is stressful, especially when I was trying to plan a wedding from Vancouver, Canada to the beautiful Mayan Riviera, Mexico. But with Maggie all my stresses were put to ease as she answered my countless skype, whatsapp and phone calls in a timely matter and never made me feel like I was annoying her!

I seriously cannot thank the SOS team enough they listened to every detail and made sure our big day was a dream come true!

Fellow brides getting married in Mexico... do not even think of planning a wedding without them!
  • User2555750 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Maggie is an exceptional wedding planner! Planning a wedding abroad is never an easy feat - but Maggie made us feel so at ease with the whole process and is amazing at what she does. From the very beginning, I had a particular vision for my wedding - how it would look and feel. Maggie captured it perfectly. She listened, shared ideas through photos, and was always available to chat. She is extremely professional and punctual. I can say with confidence that Maggie not only met our expectations, but exceeded them in every way. She is very reliable, hardworking, creative and has a great eye for aesthetics. Most importantly - she is so much fun!! Maggie also has great relationships with all of the vendors - you know you're in good hands. Our entire wedding day was flawless and she played a big part in that. To this day, our family and friends say that it will be hard to top off the wedding we pulled off - everyone had the best time! My husband and I feel so lucky to have worked with Maggie - and we know we'll remain lifelong friends.

Here is our wedding highlights video that captures Maggie's incredible work: https://vimeo.com/158477533

Thank you, Maggie!!
    S +J
    Natalia Married on 10/11/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    La mejor compañía para realizar tu boda!!!!! Mi matrimonio fue hace 3 semanas en Tulum y quedo increíble, fue un sueño. Trabajar con Maggie me generó tranquilidad, confianza, son excesivamente profesionales. Solo tengo agradecimientos hacia ella por hacer mi sueño realidad.
    Daniella Married on 05/02/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I had an image of my wedding in my head and Maggie made everything come true!
    First of all I would definitely recommend having a weeding planner for your own wedding, one of the best decisions we made. This is particularly essential when organising your wedding from overseas. We got in contact with Maggie through a friend and she resulted super friendly and great to work with.
    Organising our wedding was not an easy task, especially because we live in Australia. We had several chats over Skype before we traveled to Cancun and when I arrived we had a couple of meetings, during the last week before the wedding, to finalise the details. She lives in Cancun and knows many of the providers personally and always tried to get the best price possible, taking into account my budget and taste. She definitely helped us to save a lot of money.
    We had some crazy ideas for our party to make it unique. When we told her what we had in mind, she loved it, and did everything to make it possible.
    During the last week, when everything was coming together, she took charge and ensured all providers knew what was expected from them. During the wedding day she was present from early morning till after the party to ensure everything ran smoothly and on time. I knew we could entrust the coordination to Maggie, and for these reasons I am hugely grateful.
    I highly recommend her!
    Thanks heaps, Maggie!
    Estefania Married on 03/07/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Maggie was exceptional, she was on top of our needs and if we had any crazy idea she took the lead of looking for different suppliers and prices. We had 2 meetings with her in Cancun/ Puerto Morelos a year before the wedding, she had our agenda for those days and made our time worth it, she gave us good insight of suppliers and expenses.
    She made herself always available, understood our needs and wishes.
    Maggie made our special day happen flawless and full of surprises.
    At first we though we could organize it without any help,but as soon as we found her she became indispensable.
    As a person she is caring, full of energy, friendly and organized, We love her and her personality!
    Thank you Maggie!!!!