Ryan Owen Music Reviews

31 | Woodland Hills, CA

31 Reviews for Ryan Owen Music

Jenna · Married on 05/28/2016

We are so thankful to have found Ryan to perform at our ceremony and cocktail hour at Bel-Air Bay Club! Ryan played solo acoustic guitar for our ceremony and was so accommodating! He gave helpful advice when we asked for it and was also so accommodating when we wanted a specific arrangement of a song. He was such a pleasure to work with throughout the wedding process and we recommend him with tremendous enthusiasm! We also had his alt trio play during our cocktail hour and they were amazing!! The sound was so elegant, rich, and wonderfully upbeat -- setting the perfect mood before the reception. Thank you, Ryan!!

Ryan performed solo acoustic guitar for our ceremony and to put it simply -- things with Ryan were just so easy during a time when you just need them to be. He is incredibly quick with responses, his prices are so reasonable, and his music was beautiful and just what I wanted for a small garden wedding. He has other pieces (duo, trio, quartet) but I decided to go solo and I'm glad I did. I love that he will learn songs for your occasion, which he did for ours. Highly recommend.

We were very happy to have Ryan Owen Music to be a part of our beach wedding. Ryan was very responsive to questions, dressed professionally, and the quality of the music with the alt trio was excellent. It really added to the atmosphere of the beach wedding. I would HIGHLY recommend Ryan Owen Music. Good Value for quality service.

Jennifer · Married on 03/14/2015

Ryan was amazing to work with! He specially arranged a song we wanted to recess out to and he was so easy to work with. He was definitely the most communicative vendor and he really worked with us to find a playlist we liked for both our wedding and cocktail hour. He and his team were super professional and truly brought an air of elegance to our wedding. I have already recommended him to others I know getting married and I would not hesitate to use his services again! Thanks Ryan!!

Hilary · Married on 11/01/2014

Beautiful music, very professional and responsive!! Wonderful to work with and incredibly talented musician.

Tracy · Married on 10/11/2014

Ryan is great! We hired his alternative trio for our wedding and they were amazing. We asked for very specific non-traditional wedding music (Arcade Fire, Bon Iver) and they hit it out of the park! Ryan was extremely responsive and so great to work with, we highly recommend working with him!

Madline · Married on 06/29/2014

Ryan was the best vendor that I worked with. He got back to all of my emails immediately. When we discussed what music he should play, he understood our taste in music and was able to translate it perfectly. The songs he played for the ceremony were perfect. They had the integrity of the original songs, but were delicate and elegant for my ceremony. I would definitely recommend Ryan for weddings and I will probably use his services again for other events.

Liz · Married on 03/15/2014

We chose to have the guitar + violin duo and it was absolutely beautiful for our wedding ceremony. We got married outside under an oak grove, and the live music was the perfect accompaniment to our sophisticated but laid-back feel. Ryan and his violinist did a wonderful job playing a mix of songs that were meaningful to us and that would be enjoyed and recognized by all of our guests, including learning an adaptation of a Queen song for the processional. Great repertoire of classical, traditional wedding music, and contemporary. Not that I ever want to plan a wedding again, but if I had to, I would certainly work with Ryan and highly recommend! Reasonable rates, very professional and prompt communication. All-around great vendor.

Rasha · Married on 08/10/2013

Ryan was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would recommend him to anyone! Before the big day he was incredibly responsive and very helpful in helping us pick out songs and plan out the day. And let me say, that must not have been easy for him because it took us forever to get him our song choices. He was patient and kind and gave us all the support we needed to pick the songs we wanted. On the actual wedding day the music was perfect and I continue to receive compliments both on the classical ceremony music and the contemporary songs the strings trio played at the cocktail hour. You also can't beat Ryan's prices, especially for the quality music you get. You can not go wrong with Ryan!

anya · Married on 07/06/2013

Ryan was a fantastic choice for our cocktail hour and ceremony. From the moment we contacted him we were impressed by his courteous, professional, and lightning-fast responses. He was super flexible and learned two special songs for our processional and worked carefully with us to select the perfect songs for the whole set. On the day of the wedding, he arrived early, while we were taking pictures. Instead of just sitting around waiting for the event to start, he started playing, even though none of the guests were there yet. It was so much fun to be serenaded while taking pictures with our wedding party and family! His music was lovely and the guests enjoyed it very much.

Juli · Married on 07/05/2013

We hired Ryan to play acoustic guitar for our July 2013 wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. We fell in love with him at our very first meeting when he sat us down and started serenading us on his guitar with various traditional and popular music choices. Everything he played seemed perfect, so the hardest part was just choosing which songs to have him include! Ryan was very responsive and helpful along the way. He even helped me pull off a surprise for my husband. As a singer, I asked several of my choir friends to stand up during the ceremony (after our first kiss) and start singing Will's favorite song. Ryan not only played the guitar background for this surprise moment, but even recorded a practice track for me and my friends to practice with before the wedding. I would highly recommend Ryan to future brides!

Sofiya · Married on 06/01/2013

If you are looking for a musician for your ceremony, cocktail hour or reception, look no more because Ryan is amazing. From the first day that we contacted him up to our wedding day, he has responded to every question we had right away. He helped us with music choices and even played for us in person. He is very talented and everything he plays is just beautiful! He can play a wide range of songs and if there's a song that he hasn't played, he will learn it and be able to play it, no problem. I don't think there's anything he cant play! We were very confident with Ryan and he definitely delivered on our wedding day. I will recommend Ryan to all my family and friends. Thank you for being a part of our big day!

Ryan was a pleasure to work with during such a hectic time. He was very responsive via email and helped with song selection. I wanted to meet in person before the wedding so he went out of his way and drove quite a distance to my house on a Sunday morning. Ryan is very commited to his clients and has a very professional team of muscians. We received many compliments on the music from guests. Thank you Ryan for making our wedding day such a success!

- Mr. & Mrs. Crosthwait

Elise · Married on 04/20/2013

I hired Ryan's 3-piece "Alt Rock Trio" for my wedding and I have absolutely no complaints! He was a pleasure to work with from my first email all the way through the big day. He met me for a site walk-through to go over logistics which was very helpful, he was always super responsive (he responded to emails within MINUTES of receiving them), and he tailored the music to fit exactly what I wanted without any additional cost or attitude. The music was great and he definitely made my day extra special. I absolutely recommend him if you're looking for musicians for your event!

Mimi · Married on 11/10/2012

Ryan and Emily performed a guitar/violin duet at our ceremony and were both amazing! Great music selections and upbeat songs (per our request) to set the mood and keep our guests entertained.

They were courteous enough to keep playing until we finished taking pictures after the ceremony :) Would highly recommend to anyone looking for great/ professional musicians for their wedding!

• Q

Quinn · Married on 09/23/2012

Ryan Owen music did an amazing job at my wedding. The sound was great and they really work with you on making the music personal and unique. It was the one thing I didn't stress about and it worked out perfectly!

Candice · Married on 09/15/2012

We debated for a long time over the music for our wedding.. Dj or live music? Band or stringed instruments? Piano? Harp? It can be overwhelming, esp if you can't afford a coordinator. My husband and I finally landed on a stringed trio provided by Ryan Owen Music. I can't express how happy we were with them. The music they provided was absolutely perfect. Unlike a dj, there was no awkward transitions in music during the ceremony or tacky unwanted music played at the reception. Only beautiful, elegant music timed to perfection. For our ceremony, we had special music selections that were as far from traditional as you could possibly get and they were executed perfectly. My guests couldn't stop buzzing about how great the music was. We would absolutely recommend Ryan Owen Music to anyone for their wedding or special occassion.

Amanda · Married on 09/07/2012

Ryan was a pleasure to work with from the very beginning! Our wedding was a destination wedding, so I didn't get to meet Ryan until our wedding day. After a few conversations over the phone and through email- I knew that Ryan would be perfect to play during our ceremony and cocktail hour. He played songs selected by my husband and I on the acoustic guitar during our ceremony...and it was PERFECT! We had an intimate outdoor wedding overlooking the pacific ocean. Ryan's beautiful acoustic music made the ceremony so romantic....exactly what I was looking for! All of our guests commented on how beautifully Ryan's music blended into the whole evening. Ryan was extremely easy to work with. He always responded to my emails and phone calls quickly. He also have a lot of great song recommendations for our cocktail hour. I would highly recommend Ryan and will definitely contact him in the future if I am in need of an acoustic guitarist for any event!
    Thank you, Ryan, for making our ceremony and cocktail hour so perfect!
    ~ Joe & Amanda

Gary · Married on 08/31/2012

Ryan was an absolute pleasure to work with. He is responsive with his emails and phone calls and has some great ideas which music pieces worked in our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He's a nice guy, a true professional and has a wealth of experience in making the wedding as smooth as possible by playing beautiful music! I would definitely recommend Ryan and his team of musicians!

Grace · Married on 08/12/2012

Ryan Owen music was just wonderful and we are just super glad our wedding coordinator found him for us! We had trouble on deciding what to play for certain parts of the ceremony and Ryan had plenty of suggestions for us to choose from. He responded to emails very quick, which is a plus if you're an anxious bride that needs an answer right away. I especially loved the the version that I walked down the aisle to...just sweet with the guitar! The music selection from the alternative trio during cocktail hour was just great. Many of our guests afterwards kept telling us they enjoyed the modern music selection. Yes, it was all a blur, but from the guests keep telling us, we're just glad we were introduced to Ryan Owen Music. Brides, you won't be disappointed that's for sure! Thanks Ryan Owen!

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2012

Ryan and Emily played guitar and violin during my ceremony and cocktail hour. They did a beautiful job! Ryan was always quick to respond to my emails, and we easily worked out a playlist. He was open to adding new songs to his repertoire to accommodate my requests. Many guests commented on how lovely and lively the music was! Thanks Ryan!

michella · Married on 06/29/2012

Ryan and his trio played at my wedding at Mountaingate Country Club on June 29th. Ryan is an exceptionally nice person and gets back to all of your questions right away. There was never a delay in communication. I find this skill very commendable and a skill that not all vendors have. It shows his dedication to his customers in his ability to always respond within a reasonable time frame so I commend him for that. Communication is key in wedding vendors and Ryan was fantastic to deal with!

We had a three piece (trio) with the classical guitar, violin, and bass. We met with Ryan and he was very accommodating of our requests. We even asked him of songs he wasn't familiar with and he was able to learn them in a very short period of time. The trio was dressed very nicely as well at the wedding. They played for my ceremony and the cocktail hour. All of my guests complimented me on how beautiful they sounded and how wonderfully they played. I would highly recommend Ryan and his services to everyone because he was such a great vendor to deal with. Very professional and beautiful music!

Benito · Married on 05/27/2012

Ryan and his musicians are an excellent choice for any wedding ceremony. He is very professional and has a great selection of music. Would highly recommend to anyone look for great & friendly musicians.

Eva · Married on 05/18/2012

It was great to work with Ryan for our wedding! We love the sound of a simple, classic solo guitar - we got that and more. He plays beautifully! He was very easy to work with and was very understanding with our busy wedding schedule. I recommend Ryan Owen Music - professional and talented.

lindsey · Married on 04/28/2012

We could not have been more pleased with our wedding ceremony and that is due in large part to Ryan and his Alt Trio. We had our heart set on walking down the aisle to Elton John's "Your Song" and Ryan went to great length to arrange it ahead of time and send us a sample to make sure we were happy with it before our wedding day. It couldn't have been more beautiful and it set the mood for a very romantic and fairy tale experience. Our guests also loved his group's versatility, playing everything from classical to Radiohead. Ryan has great taste and with just a few ideas from us and what type of music we liked, he created a perfect playlist for both our ceremony and cocktail hour. He was quick to email us back when we had questions and is reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend Ryan to anyone for any event and I hope we have another excuse to work with him again soon.