Ryan O'Dowd Photography Reviews

Ryan O'Dowd Photography 5
Ryan O'Dowd Photography 6
Ryan O'Dowd Photography 7

nicole · Married on 10/10/2014

Absolutely amazing! I would highly recommend Ryan O'Dowd photography to anyone for any event, they may have. My wedding pictures are breathtaking and will serve the amazing purpose of helping me relive my special day for the rest of my life. If I am ever in need of professional photography again, I won't hesitate to contact Ryan.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Korey · Married on 09/20/2014

Ryan and his wife are top notch! They have ability to adapt with whatever climate is present to make the best picture happen (large venue, small venue, day, night, classical, rustic). He is very willing to put in the work necessary to make you happy and does it with a smile. We actually had two engagement photo sessions that some other photographers wouldn't have done. Very creative and knows many venues in the area.

Kelsey · Married on 09/20/2014

Ryan was so great! He was very willing and able to be flexible with our crazy schedules for engagement photos! Ryan captured precious moments on our wedding day that we get to treasure forever. His photographic style is unique and still encompasses all the "must haves" of the big day. His wife took on the groom and groomsmen while Ryan stayed with me and my bridesmaids all day. Ryan was very good at keeping us on task and making sure we got our sunset pictures during the reception. I would highly recommend him to any bride looking to book a photographer.

Sent on 01/19/2015
  • I

Issayas · Married on 08/23/2014

Ryan was great to work with: very professional, yet easy going. He brought the best out of us and our wedding party, and the pictures turned out amazing!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Christian · Married on 08/10/2014

There are plenty of things that can distinguish an event photographer, like catching the right moment, lighting, picture quality, composition, and turnaround time. I really liked Ryan's composition, depth of field, and use of light. You'll be able to see things like that in his photos he posts online. However, not being a trained photographer myself, I tended to find aesthetic style elements to hit a threshold. Most people's styles looked similar to me. I think to make it in the business you have to be at that level.

What set Ryan and his work apart, to me, were his professional, pleasant manner and the way photography is a means to relationship for him. My wife and I felt valued as people, and found ourselves enjoying every interaction with Ryan as if he were an old friend.

Speaking as a recent consumer in the wedding industry, and it sure is an industry, I developed a sense for when a service provider (baker, event coordinator, etc.) saw me as a commodity. I sometimes felt like I had dollar signs drawn on my forehead. Manipulative sales lingo accompanied fake smiles. I never felt that sense come up with Ryan. He always came off to me as equally passionate about his art and his customers.

We got our photos about 2 weeks or so after the big day. Everything was to our liking. The quality was great, the composition combined traditional shots with innovative ideas of his. His second shooter got great shots as well.

During the wedding day, Ryan was organized and efficient. He was able to corral our family for the group shots, which I'm sure was harder than it looked. We saw him and were assured he was getting the shots we wanted, but he was never too close or invasive.

I don't know what else we could have wanted in a photographer. Picking Ryan O'Dowd for our wedding photographer was one of the best planning decisions we made.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Cari · Married on 08/10/2014

To me, picking the right photographer is one of the most important aspects of planning a wedding. When it's all said and done, all that is left of the big day you've planned for and anticipated for so long is pictures and precious memories. To me, that's what makes a quality wedding photographer priceless. Thanks to Ryan O'Dowd, my husband and I now a priceless collection of photos that I know we will treasure for decades to come.

After pouring over pages and pages of local wedding photographers, we finally found Ryan's website. We were instantly blown away at the quality of his work, and we knew he was not just another photographer. Working with Ryan was so easy, and by the end of it all we felt like Ryan was more like a friend than just a photographer. If you're like me and pour over hundreds of reviews before making a decision, believe me when I say you don't need to look any further! I think his work speaks for itself.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Kristen · Married on 06/28/2014

Awesome job!!!! My husband and I absolutely love our wedding photos. Ryan and his wife Laura did a wonderful job. Everyone at our wedding loved them and you can really tell that they enjoy what they do. My dad and grandfather are photographers and they loved the work Ryan did for our wedding. We couldn't have asked for better!!!!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Not only as the Mother of the Bride I am also the wife of a seasoned Wedding Photographer who had been told he was to be a Dad on the day of the wedding. We met Ryan at a Bridal show and every time wedding photography was mentioned Ryan's name was on top of the list. The day of the wedding Ryan and his wife Laura were very professional every step of day. We were very pleased with the photos and the details that were captured at the wedding. Even Dad (the photographer) after critiquing the photos was exceptional pleased!!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Becky · Married on 06/07/2014

Ryan O'Dowd is the best photographer I have ever worked with. My husband and I live in Austin, but were getting married in Dallas, so we only had very specific dates we could work with. Ryan was able to adjust to our schedule and was very flexible with us. Ryan does a package that includes engagement photos, bridal portraits, and wedding photos. Before, we started our engagement photos, Ryan met us at Starbucks so he could get to know us and our personalities. Ryan is a very easy going guy and he is very passionate about what he does, so it was very easy to get to know him as well. Ryan knows many locations in Dallas and was able to suggest locations that fit the "vibe" we wanted for engagement photos. Ryan's photography style is more candid rather than posed so his photos really capture feelings and the moments. On the day of my bridal portrait session, it was 20 degrees and rainy. We had picked a beautiful outdoor location, that was no longer going to work. Ryan was able to locate a gorgeous indoor location for us to use that same morning that still fit the theme I wanted. At our wedding, Ryan felt more like a long time friend and guest, rather than a vendor. He captured every moment at our wedding, and we didn't feel like we missed out on any photos or moments. Ryan is the best and my husband and I highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/07/2014

Adam · Married on 06/07/2014

When planning our wedding, my wife and I knew from the second we talked to Ryan he was the right person for us. Ryan remained in contact with us throughout the process, which as everyone knows can be stressful. Ryan, however, made the photography portion the least of our worries with how efficient and friendly he was. When it came to engagement pictures and the wedding itself, Ryan was unobtrusive and managed to capture perfectly candid moments that my wife and I love to look at and will cherish forever. The quality of the photos we received were absolutely stunning. When he was at our wedding, it didn't feel like Ryan was just a worker we hired, he felt like a lifelong friend we had invited to join us on our special day.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Meagan · Married on 05/25/2014

Wonderful Experience!

We worked with Ryan and his wife with our engagement pictures, bridal pictures, and wedding day. They were very friendly and easy to work with! We had bad weather for engagement pictures and bridals and Ryan worked around this to give us wonderful pictures! He also has a photo booth that you can rent for the wedding with a real person taking the pictures....which was a nice touch and a HUGE hit at our wedding. We received a book with all of the pictures from the booth and are able to enjoy the fun way after the wedding was over. It was a great experience and I would recommend him for your wedding!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Adrianna · Married on 05/23/2014

I can not stress enough how important the right photographer is to capture your wedding day. These photos will last you a lifetime and become a treasured possession for generations to come!! Jonathan and I wanted to find someone who could truly tell our love story through there photography.... AND lucky for us we found Ryan! My favorite vendor and the best choice I made in all of my wedding planning-aside from my dress ;-)

Ryan O'Dowd was profession, friendly, and easygoing. My bridesmaids helped me find him at a bridal show in Frisco, Tx. Immediately I was amazed by the quality and artisic nature of his work. He has an eye for recognizing and capturing all of those unique details. I know I sound like I'm gushing but just meet with him or visit his website to see for yourself.

Ryan genuinely cares about his clients, their families and their happiness, and his dedication shows. We discussed the wedding details over coffee where he worked with me to put together a package that I could afford. Ryan made himself available for any questions I had along the way, and eased my many concerns.

By the time Jonathan and I arrived to our big day, we felt like we had made a friend. He made it quite easy for us to relax and be ourselves, which allowed Ryan to get the most warm and charming moments. My family can't stop praising my wedding photos even months later. His photos are so beautiful!!! Every page in my wedding album that Ryan designed is filled with love and happiness, and makes me I feel like I'm reliving that day.

I would recommend him to anyone. Jonathan and I look forward to even using him for newborn pictures one day.

Best wishes in your marriage and pending nuptials. Thanks for reading!

Sent on 01/05/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/04/2014

I truly believe that photography is one of the most important aspects of a wedding. Pictures are the one thing that you can actually take with you from your day. Having said that I am so glad that we chose Ryan to capture our memories. The detail of his work is amazing. Our pictures tell the story of our whole wedding day. My husband calls him a freakin photographical genius. He is very fun and easy to work with. I can't recommend Ryan O'Dowd enough!

Rebecca · Married on 02/08/2014

We were so pleased with the Engagement and Wedding photos! As the Mother of the Bride, I was very cost conscious but didn't want to sacrifice quality-after all these are memories for a Lifetime! Ryan delivered in every respect and was the consummate professional. I look forward to years of re-living our wonderful memories from that day.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Katie · Married on 02/08/2014

Ryan is awesome! He has such a wonderful eye and really knows how to capture all of the most wonderful moments. Aside from his technical prowess and artistic talent, Ryan is also just a joy to be around- seriously, my friends and family all fell in love with him. He really takes the time to get to know you and find out just what you are wanting to get out of your photos. Looking at the pictures from our wedding takes me back to that day and brings me such joy, and I know it's because all of the feeling from that day was captured on film. Fully plan on getting this guy to take pictures of our growing family in the future!

Sent on 02/08/2015

From engagement pictures, bridal pictures to our wedding day pictures...Ryan and his wife, Laura, do an absolute AMAZING, SUPURB, PHENOMENAL job. Every single one of my pictures are amazing. It was hard to pick just one for my framed bridal picture at the wedding. They caught every single emotion and left no detail unturned. Ryan has a very creative eye and you can see it in his artistic shots. He was very open to what I wanted and made it happen. Even the presentation of the final USB with all the pictures on it was priceless. I can't say enough wonderful things about Ryan O'Dowd Photography.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Ryan was the right guy for the job. Made us feel comfortable with taking pictures. A photographer that is all about getting to know you. Takes you out for lunch just to do so. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 08/19/2013

Lindsey · Married on 08/02/2013

Ryan wasn't just a photographer. He was a friend by the time the wedding came around. He spent time to get to know us. Which meant a lot to my wife and I. I would recommend Ryan to anyone out there. I wouldn't of pick another photographer.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Suzanne · Married on 06/08/2013

I chose Ryan O'Dowd Photography for the LIFE he captured in his photos. It's not my Momma's average church pictures. His ability to capture action shots is amazing. My favourite image is my husband and I on the back of a golf cart! There was no way Ryan or his team could plan for it. They were keeping their focus on identifying greatness! Ryan is very flexible and easy to work with! He didn't just want it his way. Any poses you know you want ahead of time let him know. He won't forget. After submission to Mississippi Magazine, his photos were chosen for a multi-page spread in the January wedding issue. Ryan is such a pleasure to work with. I feel like he did not "sell us" on his work; we truly chose him. Then, at Christmas, he sent us the cutest ornament with our photo on it.

Sent on 06/25/2014

Amy · Married on 12/18/2010

Ryan did such a great job on our wedding pictures, and is truly wonderful to work with. I would highly recommend him!!

Cassie · Married on 11/17/2017

I was referred to Ryan O'Dowd Photography through my venues vendor list and am very thankful! This husband/wife duo was so great to work with! They made sure all the shots I wanted captured were on their list and even had some great ideas of their own! They were flexible with my needs and were very thoughtful of us. The photos were sent back to us
    INCREDIBLY fast, I think it was 3 weeks! It was a pleasure having them on my wedding team and I would definitely recommend them to friends and family! I might even use them for our future family pictures!! The O'Dowd family is a true blessing!

Sent on 01/03/2018
    Ryan O'Dowd Photography 8
    Ryan O'Dowd Photography 9
    Ryan O'Dowd Photography 10

Amy · Married on 10/22/2016

When we were looking for a photographer for our wedding we were so nervous. To trust someone with such a.l big part of the day can be nerve raking. The moment we met Ryan he was totally different than the others we had met. He instantly put us at ease, answered all our questions, and did not make us feel like he was in a rush. His quality of work is exquisite. He has a great eye and will listen to everything and anything you ask him. He was so thoughtful in everything that he did. Our wedding would not have been nearly as fantastic had it not been for Ryan. He is amazing at what he does!!

Sent on 01/12/2017

Erin · Married on 12/08/2012

Of all the vendors, the hustle and bustle, the details, phone calls, meetings, and people to talk to while planning our wedding, Ryan was - hands down - the BEST part of all of it! From the very second we met him, we felt at ease. He was warm, listened to us, really heard what we wanted and what our budget was and gave us just what we wanted-exactly how we wanted it. He was fast to respond to questions, went out of his way to make himself available, and even took the time to get to know us as a couple so we could be bonded, in a way, before the big day. And true to form, on the wedding day, Ryan's face was one of the faces I wanted to see most! He was non-invasive, and entirely professional. Most of my guests said they barely even knew he was there--even though the pictures clearly showed, he was everywhere! Taking the best shots..shots I never even knew he was taking. Shots that will forever live in my heart. I could not recommend him enough!!! Ryan O'Dowd made everything memorable, from my bridal portrait session on a VERY windy day, to the morning of where he captured moments that I will always remember, to the second the love of my life became my husband. And the reception??? He found the fun and laughter in his lens and I can re-live the magic of that night forever and ever. Trust me, if you choose Ryan, you'll feel the same way. He's the GREATEST!!!

Jerica · Married on 03/26/2016

Ryan and Laura are absolutely a joy to work with! We used Ryan for our engagements, my bridals, and our ceremony/reception. All of our photos are absolutely stunning. I love them all! Not only were the photos beautiful, I received them 2 weeks after my wedding.

Not only is Ryan an amazing photographer, he listens to what his clients want. My husband and I did not want to have a first look. It was a personal choice that we decided as a couple. Ryan never questioned that decision and supported what we wanted 100%.

I will definitely be using him again in the future!!!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Sarah · Married on 06/27/2015

I absolutely loved working with Ryan and his wife! They did an amazing job and after seeing our engagement photos and my bridal portraits, I can't wait to see the actual wedding photos! I would recommend Ryan to anyone and everyone that asks. He's kind, professional, and willing to put up with the most annoying of families (I would know). He answered all of my questions and was super flexible with my schedule! Great company, great family, I would definitely consider using him for your wedding!

Sent on 06/30/2015