Ruth's House Event Rentals Reviews

54 | Charleston, SC

54 Reviews for Ruth's House Event Rentals

• Dani

Dani · Married on 05/19/2017

Working with Ruth's House was great for us because of their convenient location. They were easy to reach by phone and very willing to work with us on changes to our original proposal.

Sent on 06/05/2017

Representative worked well with adjusting to my changes. Rented 40x100 tent with tables, chairs, linen, fans, dance floor and more... I've never rented anything this large before so I'm not sure of a fair price but it was a lot more than I had expected. Fans were not fully operational. Everything else was outstanding!

Sent on 10/09/2014

Scott · Married on 04/23/2016

4.2

We had a number of edits after our original reservation. Stephanie and her colleagues were very flexible and willing to help us as needed. Thanks!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Geno · Married on 10/04/2015

1.8
      2.0
      3.0
      2.5
      0.0
      2.0

My wife and I had the unfortunate circumstance of getting married in the middle of a hurricane. We're talking about a 1,000-year flood event in which people across South Carolina died. The president of this country proclaimed it a state of emergency. And yet despite all this, Ruth's House refused to return even a cent of our deposit, and did so in an extremely rude way.

I was fully aware of their no-refund policy regarding the deposit. This is common and expected. The whole reason for us having the tent was in case of rain, but this hurricane was so extreme that our venue requested we not even attempt to put up the tent, and they offered - for free - to let us use their interior location.

I contacted Ruth's House several days before the wedding to cancel, and requested that they consider giving us at least a partial refund considering the severity of the situation. Their response? "Unfortunately our small business is not run on emotions driven by unfortunate circumstances but sustainable business practices reflected in our policies which was directly presented and agreed to by you (rental contract)."

Beyond that, their customer service was poor from the beginning. They failed to call back with information on multiple occasions when they promised to, and they were consistently unprofessional over the phone.

I would not recommend them in any way, shape, or form. I know of another event company who informed me that they refunded multiple weddings during that hurricane weekend even though it went against policy, just because they had empathy and realized the difficult situation these couples were put in. They were shocked that Ruth's House wouldn't grant even a partial refund. My wife and I did not get to have the wedding of our dreams for reasons entirely outside of our control, and Ruth's House was nothing but rude on top of it. Our marriage is amazing, but we would never use Ruth's House again.

Sent on 03/26/2016

Ruth's House Event Rentals's reply:

The issue here was when the wedding was called off. By the time the cancellation occurred we already had all the rental items loaded and crew members ready to install. We would definitely would have worked with the client to reschedule for another date.