Ruth's House Event Rentals Reviews

54 | Charleston, SC

54 Reviews for Ruth's House Event Rentals

Adrienne · event on: 10/01/2014

This is my fourth time working with Ruth's House Event Rentals. They are the best and provides excellent services.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Kathryn · event on: 09/14/2014

Ruth's House Event Rentals came highly recommended by our venue which was Old Santee Canal Park in Moncks Corner, SC. The tent was beautiful and really clean. Also, the linens, tables and chairs were all perfect. They made the rental process super easy for me which left me to address other issues. I love the superb customer service I received from them starting with the initial email contact I made with them. Great prices too!!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Josie · Married on 09/13/2014

All around fantastic experience! Completely worry free and any questions were answered promptly and completely. Wonderful!

Sent on 10/01/2014

We rented our dance floor from Ruth's House Event Rental. Originally I ordered a 12X12 black and white dance floor, but after talking with the reception venue coordinator I realized I needed a larger dance floor. I called Ruth's back and found out how much that would cost. Their price was more than another company who's quote I had received prior to booking Ruth's in the first place. Stephanie quickly reminded me that they do a price match, and they did. It was nice to have a company do what they said they were going to do, and it was nice to save some money too. Per my venue coordinator they were very nice and professional when they set it up and took it down. The dance floor was beautiful and it got a lot of use at our reception.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Kathryn · Married on 09/07/2014

Our wedding was at a private residence on Kiawah Island near Charleston. Ruth's Event Rentals supplied our frame tent, tables, chairs and linens. They had the best prices and all the equipment was in excellent shape! Great crew and very easy making changes to order as guests list went up. Highly recommend them!!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Latrie · Married on 06/28/2014

Ruth's House did an excellent job with providing my rentals for my Summer wedding in Charleston, SC. I rented a 40x40 tent, dance floor, bars, tables, lounge furniture, linens, lighting ......well pretty much everything. They worked with me through my many changes and came out to my venue to help me with the layout. They definitely had a personal touch that I did not feel when visiting some of the other companies in the area. Great Value, great service and we were just well pleased all around! Thanks to Ruth's House -- would highly recommend.

Sent on 10/31/2014

AnnMarie · Married on 06/07/2014

Ruths House made my wedding vision a reality! We were able to have our ceremony on the beach and our reception overlooking the water. The farmhouse tables were exactly what I wanted. The tent and lantern lighting made the night so magical. Everything was absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 03/24/2015

amy · Married on 11/10/2012

Selena was fantastic in this whole process from beginning to end. I was very happy with the services that we received for our wedding rentals. I will recommend them to anyone looking for event rentals. Even with last minute changes everything was perfect!

Sent on 11/20/2012
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/06/2012

Ruth's House Event Rentals were so amazing to work with! I started my rental list 10 months prior to our wedding day and they were professional, caring, and kind through all my changes and questions! They were prompt and had very competitive pricing. They always responded to emails and phone calls day of. A small mistake was made the day before our wedding and Ruth's House went to the professional extent to resolve the issue without burdening myself or our families. Thank you to the owners and their families who worked hard and helped make our day happen! Sarah & Zach Coker

Sent on 10/12/2012

Diane · Married on 09/02/2012

Ruth's Rental Staff from the office staff to the workers who installed the 20 by 140 tent gave us the best customer service anyone could ever ask for. I have nothing to say but good things about this staff. I don't have one negative thing to say about this staff, 100% + positive things to say. Everything that i asked for and more was provided for our special day. I did not have to worry about anything that we needed. Extra things that I needed at the last minute was provided. The installation staff was the best most professional staff that I had ever seen in my entire life. Very hard workers, got the job done. Any extras that we need like installing the extra lights on the pole and installing the fabric from the top of the ceiling was provided. The fabric and pole lighting was provided with no extra cost. Words cannot express how me my daughter and husband felt on that day when our guests arrived. Everyone was blown away with the tent, the chandliers and everything else. The tent reception was a first for most of the guests in our area. The extra tent 20 by 40 tent that was provided for the bar area was a hit at well.
    Ruth's rental gave our guests something to talk about for a long time. I thank the staff of Ruth's rental for making my daughter's day very very special and outstanding. My hats off to Ruth's rental and the staff for contributing to this special day. thank you very much. Keep doing what you are doing to make every bride have a great day.

Sent on 09/07/2012

Neal · Married on 08/11/2012

This review is from the Father of the bride. I have never given all 5’s on anything before.

We rented two tents, tables and chairs for ~350, linens, dance floor, etc.

Selena is a very talented person. She listened to the desires of the parents and my daughter and put together a wonderful ensemble. She worked with us so well.

Their price was very reasonable in comparison to other tent rental places.

Lastly the construction and tear-down crew did a great job. They were carful with our lawn during both phases and very carful to protect the landscaping.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Haily · Married on 04/28/2012

I would recommend Ruth's house to any bride!!! They were so friendly helpful, and just easy to work with!!

Selena was so wonderful to work with she was always really quick about getting back to me through e-mails or phone calls!! Very patient with me and all my changes through out the process.

The quality of their equipment was amazing..they did such an amazing job with the lighting, tent, liner, pole tent covers, etc. I could have had my wedding reception just under the tent with no flowers or decor and it would have been beautiful on it's own!!

If your planning a party or wedding and Charleston I highly recommend Ruth's house to provide all the rentals you would need!!

Sent on 05/10/2012

Tabatha · Married on 10/29/2011

The service was excellent. We rented chairs and tablecloths for our wedding. Their response to all my questions was excellent. The rentals were delivered on time. The products were clean and looked very well. I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 11/03/2011

San · Married on 10/29/2011

We had a FABULOUS experience with Stephanie and everyone at Ruth's House. I changed my mind so many times and Stephanie was so accommodating!!
    Highly recommend them to anyone!!!!

Sent on 02/08/2012
  • F

Dayle · Married on 10/15/2011

Very willing to work with you and flexible about changes.

Sent on 10/26/2011

Alexis · Married on 10/01/2011

I take opportunities to offer feedback and give reviews VERY seriously. With the risk of appearing not to truly value what a “perfect” score should be….I could not give Ruth’s House less than a 5 in any arena. I have VERY high standards and fully expected that I would not find any vendor that would be as passionate about the ambience and atmosphere that I was trying to create for my event. I am so glad I was extended a referral that changed my whole planning experience! Ruth’s House took my disjointed theme and tapped into both their experience and creative, forward thinking design pallet and made something truly magical. There was no detail unfinished and the theme was perfectly consistent which really aided in the mood I had envisioned. When planning such an event you cannot stay on top of every task.
    It is CRITICAL to have a team behind you that has a high level of design experience, access to the best floral and décor sources and an extensive inventory of rentals. It takes a lot of the worry and stress out of having to piece mill event with multiple vendors. I can honestly say in the numerous amount of conversations I had with Ruth’s House I only received a voicemail once and my call was promptly returned 10 mins later.
    The design reviews lead by Selena kept me abreast of the progress and there was no opportunity for surprise. It was a pleasure to work with such passionate individuals who really love the business and it shows! With the conservative budget I presented…I never imagined my event could feature such luxe flowers and fabrics/draping and décor! In my opinion they are at the top of the competitive Charleston Wedding Industry game. Would do it all over again and not change one thing thanks to Ruth’s House!!!!!

Sent on 01/28/2012

Lori · Married on 09/22/2011

So pleased with Selena and Ruth's House! Exactly what I had hoped it would look like! I was an out of state bride and nervous about planning things, Selena was very patient and responsive. It turned out beautiful!!

Sent on 09/30/2011

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2011

Ruth's House is great. They don't only do a great job setting things up, they have the best prices in the Charleston area. If you go any where else you are sure to pay double the prices of Ruth's House. The men that set up everything were so nice too! They did whatever you wanted and at first I didn't know where I wanted to set up the tent. They were so patient with me and never rushed me. Also they left 4 tables that I ordered, but the morning of the wedding they had them already dropped off! They have really good service and I would recommend them to any one getting married!

Sent on 09/20/2011

Rebecca · Married on 05/22/2009

I used Ruth's House for both my rentals and my flowers and decor. The service here was amazing. They had everything I wanted, and what they didn't have, they got. I had to change several things almost at the last minute, and there were never any problems. They set everything up and took everything down. Everything looked wonderful. The flowers were absolutely amazing. I told Selena what I liked, and then gave her discretion. What an excellent choice that was - what she did with the flowers was so much better than I ever could have dreamed.

Sent on 06/12/2009

Sarah · Married on 07/15/2017

We used Ruth's House for our wedding rentals, and they were fantastic. Helpful in answering questions and providing suggestions. Willing to work with us to move chairs from our ceremony site to our reception tent (rather than renting twice the number of chairs we actually needed). Straightforward with pricing and the payment schedule. I didn't interact with them much in person as our day-of coordinator handled all of that planning, but from my experience, the Ruth's House folks were great. My only small complaint is that there were a few times I had to resend emails after a week due to not having gotten a response. But I understand that sometimes things get lost or overlooked in the shuffle, and it didn't impede on my planning in any way.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Debbie · Married on 10/22/2016

Excellent service. Very responsive. Best prices in the area.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Ruth's was very accommodating and worked with us closely to make sure we had everything we needed and that the event was set-up exactly the way we wanted it. The only thing that was tricky is that they did not have the larger round tables that fit 10 people. That made seating arrangements hard, but we figured it out.

Sent on 11/28/2012

They were reasonably priced, very kind, quick in response, and willing to talk through everything- questions, ideas, visions, ect.

Sent on 08/17/2012

Emily · Married on 04/02/2011

Everything was so great! It was so windy and you worked really hard to make it perfect for us. Thank you for everything.

Sent on 05/17/2011
  • brittany

brittany · Married on 03/16/2019

Perfect day

Couldn’t have asked for better options for our wedding day! The farm tables gave the perfect touch and of course our chairs looked amazing with them. Ruth’s house was very flexible with adding items on last minute—- because of course things get miscounted and mistakes happen. They are great to work with and I highly recommend them for your next event

Sent on 04/22/2019