Rusty Scupper Restaurant Reviews

Rusty Scupper Restaurant 1
Rusty Scupper Restaurant 2

Kim · Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing reception!

We had our wedding reception for 70 people at Rusty Scupper in December 2018. The staff during the event was very helpful. The coordinators in the planning phase really helped with table layout and decor, appetizer and dinner selection, parking and vendor setup. The food was amazing and price was very competitive. Many different open bar options to chose from. We wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 01/08/2019

Lauren · Married on 04/21/2018

From our experience searching for wedding venues, the Rusty Scupper does not seem as popular or as highly reviewed as some other venues in Baltimore - BUT we could not have been happier with our wedding there! The Inner Harbor views are amazing the price is actually VERY reasonable. Having a wedding at a restaurant takes off so much stress of finding caterers, buying alcohol, & renting tables/linens - from our experience, it was actually more cost-effective too!
    The food at the RS is really incredible and there are so many options for buffets and various sit-down plated meals as well as a large variety of appetizers. They worked with us to make vegan meals for some of our guests and there also also plenty of gluten-free options.
    The food and beverage mins vary for the day of the week, time of the year, and amount of space you need - while this worried us initially, the minimum for a Saturday night in April was much less than we expected and we actually added additional space because we ended up meeting a higher minimum anyway!
    We had about 75 people, which was the perfect amount to rent out the top floor of the restaurant that includes the patio area overlooking the Inner Harbor - our ceremony and dancing were outside on the patio and it was so beautiful!
    From the very beginning, Michelle Rigby was a pleasure to work with! She answered my many emails and was so sweet throughout the entire process, offering suggestions and advice when necessary. She and her staff set up all of our decorations and flowers that we had delivered earlier in the day. The staff was also so amazing during the event, following my husband and I around with appetizers to make sure we ate, always asking if we needed a drink, and politely waiting for everyone to leave at the end of the night. They also put together all of our decorations at the end of the night for us, boxed up cake, and sent us home with some food in case we were hungry later that night!
    We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 04/30/2018
    Rusty Scupper Restaurant 3
    Rusty Scupper Restaurant 4

We used Rusty Scupper Restaurant as our ceremony and reception venue for our wedding. I am so glad we did. We were married on the outside deck and had our reception indoors. The panoramic views of the harbor were phenomenal!!! The venue has so much natural beauty that it wasn't necessary to have a lot of decorations.

We had dined at Rusty Scupper before and knew the food would be delicious. Having good food at our wedding was one of the most important things to us and they did not disappoint!!! What I loved about Rusty Scupper is that they have an array of food options to choose from and different combinations to meet varying budgets. Choosing a wedding venue can be expensive and overwhelming and I was pleased that they did not put pressure on us and worked within our budget to help coordinate a wedding both we and our guests loved.

Throughout our wedding planning process we worked with Banquet and Sales Manager, Emily Smith. She was a breeze to work with and was very responsive to our questions and those of our wedding coordinators. She provided good advice on ceremony and seating arrangements and even provided us with a list of recommended vendors (we ended up choosing a bakery and hotel recommendation from her). To be honest, the entire staff at Rusty Scupper was very professional and we received several compliments on our decision to get married there.

If you are in the Baltimore, MD area and looking for a wedding venue (or any event for that matter) I highly recommend the Rusty Scupper Restaurant!

Sent on 07/17/2017

desiree · Married on 06/25/2016

Michele Rigby of The Rusty Scupper was incredible to work with. She was responsive, attentive, compassionate, and EXCITED for us! The venue is breathtaking, overlooking the water. The food was superb and I wouldn't have changed ANYTHING about our big day!

Sent on 01/02/2017

The Rusty Scupper was a perfect location for our rehearsal dinner, welcome reception, and post-wedding brunch! The set-up on the (private) top floor is great for mingling, and the outdoor deck has a great view of the harbor. They were very easy to work with for our unique event timeline, and the pricing was great in relation to other options in downtown Baltimore. The brunch is their actual jazz brunch, with the same buffet food as is normal, and it was delicious. For the rehearsal dinner and welcome reception, we used a standard buffet option and passed appetizers. Some of the food items were better than the others, ranging from mediocre to great. I would say that this is a great location because of the private party area, the service, and the value, with the food as good enough based on these other outstanding positives.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Kyle · Married on 11/07/2014

The Rusty Scupper did a great job in accommodating us for our rehearsal dinner. They were willing to work with us and get us exactly what we were looking for. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere was perfect.

Sent on 11/16/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/01/2014

We had a wonderful rehearsal dinner at The Rusty Scupper. The staff was very friendly and they helped us with all of our needs. From the start of the process to the day of the rehearsal dinner, they were there to answer any questions for us. And the food was AMAZING!

Sent on 11/07/2014

Caitlin · Married on 09/19/2014

We chose the Rusty Scupper with our parents partially because this is where we got engaged, but mostly because it's a Baltimore institution and the food is incredible. We had about 25 guests and fit perfectly into a small private room at the back of the restaurant. With floor-to-ceiling windows in the room, our sunset view of the inner harbor was gorgeous and relaxing. The set-up allowed us to easily mingle from table to table with our friends and family members. Our servers were incredible - remembering everyone's drinks without having to ask and having them ready immediately. They easily accommodated several food allergies with our menu, including gluten free items. The food was delicious and offered a good variety for everyone. The Rusty Scupper was a wonderful start to our exciting wedding weekend, and we're so glad to have chosen them for our rehearsal dinner location.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Barbara · Married on 05/25/2014

Rusty Scupper's couldn't have been the more perfect venue. Sure, people will cringe a little when they ask you where your wedding will be and you reply "Rusty Scuppers... I know it's not the classiest name but I swear it's a lot better than it sounds." We worked with Kim and e-mailed her a dozen times every day in the weeks leading up to the wedding and she was nothing but nice and extremely responsive and put all our nerves at ease (we were planning from 2 states away).

The restaurant has the most breathtaking view of the inner harbor and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. The staff was amazing and there wasn't a single complaint (that I heard of) from any of our guests. We had rented out the top floor and were able to fit about 150 people inside and on the patio. I was worried people would be "offended" being sat outside but if anything, people were wondering why they WEREN'T sat outside. I'd say 150 was slightly packed for that top area but everyone loved it. There wasn't a single bad seat in the house, the food was amazing (so I was told) and everyone really enjoyed hanging out and talking on the patio, enjoying the views.

I didn't want a stuffy wedding where everyone would be stuck in their seats only talking to the few people sitting next to them. Rusty's was perfect because that patio area really encouraged people to walk around and mingle. By the end of the night, everyone had gotten to know each other.

NOTE: Rusty's has no affiliation with the parking garage. The garage's absurd rates were the only complaints we heard about the night so if it's within your budget or if guests are interested, I'd recommend buying prepaid parking passes. Most everyone got charged $18-$20 on their way out and it's $12 if you buy them prepaid. I think you need to buy them 48-72 hours in advance.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Darla · Married on 08/15/2013

We had a small wedding and were lucky enough to get the top floor of the restaurant with the wrap around deck. It was SO great! It was just enough space for our wedding, we had about 50 guests and had all the tables inside and dancing outside and it was fabulous. The staff were so helpful with everything...they even set me up with a little fruit and cheese tray while I was hiding out waiting for the ceremony to start because I didn't realize I didn't eat all day (for my 6pm wedding) until I was pacing around waiting to start. Emily and Kim went out of their way to make sure that we had a good day and were just so sweet. I loved working with them and they even put up with my crazy amount of emails without ever complaining. They were lovely and the restaurant was great. Great food, great people, great atmosphere and view...couldn't ask for more for our wedding day.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Looking a the perfect quintessential Baltimore wedding venue? Rusty Scupper is it! We were married on the deck and enjoyed the remainder of the evening with a panoramic view of the harbor and Federal Hill. Both Kim and Emily were quick to respond to all of our calls and emails. They worked with us to create a magical night, including escorting our 20-piece big band up the back stairs as to not interrupt our dinner. All of our guests raved about the food, even our gluten-free guests who were given special attention by the servers. I never had to approach the bar because servers were asking me if I needed a drink just as I finished the one in my hand. The Rusty Scupper provided exactly what we wanted... a beautiful venue for our wedding and a staff that would ensure that we didn't need to do anything on the night of the wedding but enjoy each other and our guests. I look forward to celebrating many anniversary dinners at the Rusty Scupper!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Kevin · Married on 05/04/2013

Simply the best view of the Baltimore Inner Harbor. The food was unbelievable. We had people going back for second and third helpings.

We started out with Kristen and Alyssa as our contact/ Event Coordinators. Some time this year or last, it switched to Emily Smith. We were not made aware of the change immediately... However, I have to say she did an amazing job. She helped us down to every detail, suggested heaters the week of the wedding after noticing the cool nights. She made suggestions we hadn't thought of for our reception and pictures. She provided their shuttle service to allow us to take wedding photos from the top of Federal Hill, giving us the entire Baltimore skyline as a backdrop. She was truly a delight. A few people who needed her assistance during the wedding said they were able to get her and get whatever it was taken care of in such a short time. No one had any complaints, everyone who had encountered her said she was great and only had compliments. We are so very happy with her service, I have to say we will always think of the Rusty Scupper when we need a venue in the future and will enjoy going back for dinner and seeing her there. We honestly couldn't be any happier with the service she provided and really wanted to Thank everyone who was part of our event for the amazing service.

Sent on 05/15/2013

carolyn · Married on 09/15/2012

The Rusty Scupper has a perfect waterfront view for an outside Sept ceremony. We had full access to the third level ,both inside and the outside deck area. The service was professional and friendly. They took care of everyone and everything without getting in the way.The dinner variety and quality of food was remarkable. Our guest are still thanking us for a beautiful and fun wedding. We made a perfect choice for a perfect wedding. Thanks to Alyssa at The Rusty Scupper at Baltimores Inner Harbor !

Sent on 10/03/2012

Brittany · Married on 05/31/2012

I used the Rusty Scupper for my ceremony and reception, and I could not have been more happy! They have a top floor that they use for events and it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. We were married out on the deck overlooking the harbor and it gave us some of the most amazing wedding pictures. Then we took it inside for the reception and had some of the most delicious food! The staff were all welcoming and involved. Everything from start to finish was exactly as I envisioned it and the price was so reasonable!

Sent on 01/22/2014

Maria · Married on 10/01/2011

My fiance and I are from the Philadelphia area. We came down to the Inner Harbor one year for my birthday (years before we were ever engaged) for the first time. We had dinner there and enjoyed the food and service so much that we came back the following morning for brunch in the Topside Lounge and fell in love with this restaurant. We started making a point to make the two hour drive down every couple of months just for their brunch. Two years later when we actually did get engaged, we immediately thought of the Rusty Scupper and ended up making it a mini destination wedding for our guests!

Let me say, it was well worth it! The food was outstanding, especially the crab cakes. Our guests are still sending us texts weeks later telling us how good the food was. It's definitely not your typical wedding food because it's being made fresh and served straight out of the kitchen. We have friends that are from the Philadelphia area that are aleady asking when we're going back.

The wait staff was super friendly and accomodating to every single guest. Excellent service, completely professional, and every one with a smile on their face the entire night.

The night, and entire day for that matter, was made completely hassle-free by the Rusty Scupper's event coordinator, Alyssa Hayes. She seems to stay calm, even when everything seems so hectic around her. Nothing is ever a problem. If something comes up unexpected, she always has a back-up plan. For instance, the weather report told us it was going to be sunny and 78 degrees for the entire 10 days leading up to the wedding. Then the night before, it decides to change its prediction to rain all day and freezing cold, which totally threw us for a loop. Alyssa told us not to worry about it, got a tent for us, had it set up and broken down, and just simply added it to our final bill. We didn't have to worry about any of the logistics of it. She also took care of us personally by getting us drinks, food, etc. She even dealt with my intoxicated, unruly mother during the night with patience and poise (sorry about that, Alyssa). She had the entire room set up beautifully when I got there, even though I actually gave her very little direction. Short of having a weather machine, there was not a single thing more that Alyssa could have done to accomodate us.

The Rusty Scupper is an amazing place to have your wedding, especially if you're like us, and don't want to have your wedding at a cliche wedding factory, with subpar food, and a view of cement walls. For seemingly half the cost, you can have delicious food, great service, and such a charming, romantic, and truly unique venue. Not to mention, you almost don't even need to spend money on centerpieces, because the floor-to-ceiling windows of the spectacular view of the Inner Harbor is really the theme in and of itself.

If the Rusty Scupper has the date open that you want, don't pass it up! We couldn't imagine having our wedding anywhere else! Thank you, Alyssa!

Sent on 10/16/2011
  • Lucie

Lucie · Married on 09/24/2011

Our wedding reception at the Rusty Scupper was absolutely amazing. From the very beginning Alyssa was very easy to work with. We chose the Rusty Scupper because we were looking for a unique venue that felt like Baltimore and wasn't in a hotel or a boring catering hall. Nothing is more Baltimore than the gorgeous views of the entire inner harbor from the second floor deck! That day everything was fantastic and ran smoothly. The food was fantastic, we did the Level III buffet and we got several comments about how great the food was and that it wasn't your "typical boring wedding food". The staff was very responsive to not only myself and my husband but all of our guests. During the cocktail hour they were ready with trays of white and red wine to alleviate a line at the bar when guests first arrived, which I thought was a nice touch. I didn't hire a wedding coordinator for the day of, but here you don't need one. I delivered everything to Alyssa the day before (cake topper, guest book, table runners, candles, name cards, seating chart etc) with instructions as to how it should be set up and she took care of everything! She also took care of all my vendors when making their deliveries that day. We had 120 ppl, which was max capacity (we rented both the top side lounge and the mezzanine level). But no one felt cramped and the space flowed well. Dancing the night away out on the deck with the views of the city is something I will never forget. If you want a beautiful reception that doesn't feel like any other wedding you have ever been to choose the Rusty Scupper.

Sent on 10/13/2011

Brent · Married on 09/24/2011

We used the Rusty Scupper as the rehearsal dinner location.

If you've never been - go visit! The place is beautiful inside. We did the crab buffet with BBQ sides and unlimited wine/ beer for the evening. They were great! Servers were helpful and friendly (not everyone knows how to split a maryland crab open - to include this guy, the groom!), they really met every need and did not rush us at all.

Top notch service and food. We never went there before our wedding. Now we drive up every so often just to eat there. We love the place.

If you're looking for a Sunday brunch option - it's worth the money. Check them out.

Sent on 12/20/2011

Joanna · Married on 09/09/2011

If you are looking for a great, stress free location for a wedding of 50 to 75 people, The Rusty Scupper is the place. Alyssa was a pleasure to work with and I cannot begin to describe the view, especially in the evening. It provided a super back drop and atmosphere for photos & guests. The Crab Cakes were delicious and the servers, very accomodating. I wasted a great amount of time looking for other, more expensive venues when the Scupper was the best choice all along. Check it out, you will not be dissapointed.

Sent on 09/15/2011

Jeanne · Married on 05/21/2011

I wasn't looking for the cookie cutter kind of wedding and I instantly realized through my meetings with other venues that for the size of my wedding, I am better off having my reception at a restaurant. We originally booked with another restaurant at the inner harbor which we picked for their amazing views and different kind of menu but a month before our wedding they decided to have a renovation (check out my other review on this) so we had to look for another venue at the last minute.

I was fortunate that in the midst of the preakness/graduation weekend, Alyssa Hayes was accomodating enough to give us the 3rd floor (plus the patio deck) for our reception. She was quick to respond to all my queries and in case she's on vacation, somebodyelse responded on her behalf. We got to meet with her in person a couple of times to discuss details which I had to plan for since the new venue entailed change of plans for everything. She and her team were flexible enough to meet our various needs specially when it comes to satisfying our vendor's requests. She was there on the day of our event making sure everything ran smoothly. Our plates and glasses were constantly filled and for the size of our wedding, there were more than enough servers to aid us in everything.

We were worried that our live Beatles tribute band would cause a disruption to the other clients and fortunately, they were entertained by it too. We were lucky the other clients were good sports. The food and wine was delish! We had enough seafood and crabcakes to go around. There was enough parking and prepaid parking was a great idea. The view from the 3rd floor was unparalleled! We fell in love the moment we stepped in and we first saw it on a dreary rainy day. The day of our wedding, the clear blue skies and the Baltimore skyline was the perfect backdrop for our first dance. We thank Alyssa and her team for making our reception the best it will ever get.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Joanie · Married on 05/07/2011

The Rusty Scupper absolutely blew away our expectations! We had our ceremony on the deck, seated dinner inside, and used the deck for dancing. It was absolutely perfect. The food was excellent but what really impressed us was the service. Every time I turned around, someone from the staff was refilling my drink. While I was having my dress bustled on the mezzanine during the cocktail hour, one of the servers came over to ask me what appetizers I wanted and she brought my over a plate for me. I assumed I was just getting special treatment because I was the bride, but later found out all my guests were treated that way.

We picked Rusty Scupper because we live minutes away and wanted a wedding that felt very Baltimore. The views from the deck are stunning. However I cannot say enough about how amazing the service was during the event! I must also complement the sales manager, Alyssa. She was extremely accomodating and very flexible during the whole planning process and also made sure everything was more than taken care of during the course of the evening. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 05/24/2011

Rebecca · Married on 07/25/2010

We had our rehearsal dinner at the Rusty Scupper, and we could not have been happier.
    Originally, we had planned to have the dinner at McCormick & Schmick's, also in the Inner Harbor, but found their decor rather dark and dated, and the prices extremely high. Looking for another restaurant, people kept recommending the Rusty Scupper, which we thought sounded like a chain seafood restaurant, we did not think it would be the classy place it turned out to be!
    The banquet manager, Laura, was great to work with. Not being in the area, she was very responsive to me via email, and my MIL spent a lot of time on the phone with her, setting up the dinner. We were given the "semi-private" room, which we were nervous would not be private enough, but it was perfect- we were never disturbed by other diners or noise, but still felt like we were part of the restaurant experience, not hidden in a room.
    We only saw it in person the day before the dinner, and were very impressed. Laura met us, showed us around, even comped our drinks! We were also concerned about the very large crowd we were expecting (more than 60!), but they handled any guest count changes perfectly. The night of the dinner, everything went beautifully. I was amazed at how well the staff did, with no long pauses between courses, constant refilling of drinks, adapting to anything we needed- the staff there seems extremely organized and well-trained. Further, the food was great! I'm very picky about my crab cakes, being a native Marylander, and they were some of the best I've had.
    I would highly recommend having a rehearsal dinner there. I know they also do weddings, and I'd expect that the quality of food and staff would be very high for weddings too. We look forward to dropping in for a delicious dinner again in the future.

Sent on 08/17/2010

Jenny · Married on 09/12/2009

The Rusty Scupper was absolutely perfect! All of my guests loved it - I did not hear one complaint and many guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. We had the ceremony on the deck and reception and dancing inside. The food was great, service was good, planning was easy, staff was fun to work with. We were treated very well during the entire process. I also thought it was quite affordable compared to other locations in the Baltimore Inner Harbor area.

Sent on 09/25/2009

laurie · Married on 08/29/2009

The Scupper was perfect! The location is the best in the harbor. The service was over the top! Our wedding was held in the Topside lounge (the 3rd floor) with aprox 120 people and it felt like each guest had their own personal wait staff. The food was top notch (must have the crab cakes). The Scupper has a casual elegance that suited us perfectly. I highly reccomend this venue!!!

Sent on 09/14/2009

Rebecca · Married on 06/02/2007

First of all, the location has the best view of Baltimore, and it was stunning to see the sun set over the Inner Harbor. The value was amazing; all we had to pay for were the food and drinks, which ended up being about half the cost of event caterers (pricey food) or hotels (which also charge for the use of their space) in the area. The food is excellent, simple and fresh (especially the crabcakes!) The staff were very accommodating and available whenever I stopped by. The building is unique architecturally, and there are many windows which allow a panoramic view. The only problem we had was that we were promised the restaurant was going to be renovated, but the project was postponed. So, we had to look at worn carpets, floors, and mismatched chairs. However, I don't think this took much away from the evening. The restaurant doesn't host many large functions, so it's easy to book even during peak wedding season. They can accommodate up to about 100 people.

Sent on 11/19/2007
  • Kat

Kat · Married on 04/09/2016

We used Rusty Scupper for our rehearsal dinner and they exceeded everyone's expectations. The food was delicious and the views were outstanding.

Sent on 04/12/2016