Rust Manor House Reviews

91 | Leesburg, VA

91 Reviews for Rust Manor House

Elaine · Married on 04/29/2018

Rust Manor House was the first venue my husband and I toured, and we were sold immediately. Rust Manor was perfect for our small, spring, garden wedding. We appreciate how attentive and professional Jackie and Paul were throughout the entire process, from planning to execution. We also loved the variety of locations to have our wedding ceremony and the beauty and serenity of the entire Rust Manor property. We highly recommend Rust Manor House for any special event. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Carlene · Married on 04/20/2018

Our wedding at Rust Manor House was amazing! From the very first time we met Paul when he showed us the venue, we knew this was the place where we wanted to have our wedding. The grounds and home are beautiful and well taken care of by the Rust staff. We especially loved the large evergreen trees behind the house, which kept greenery in our pictures, given our mid-April wedding. While it's common to hear people talk about how much work is involved in wedding planning, the staff at Rust made things so much easier. Jackie was always very responsive to emails and did so much to help our day go smoothly. We used the associated catering company, Great Blue Heron, and the food was delicious. Our guests kept coming up to us during the reception to tell us that they couldn't get over the quantity and quality of the food. Overall, we would recommend Rust Manor House to all of our family and friends if they were looking for a venue. We are so glad we decided to make Rust the setting for our special day!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Rust Manor House's reply:

Thank you so much Carlene! Your wedding was beautiful and we hope you come back to visit us in the years to come!

Asha · Married on 11/19/2017

We are so glad that we chose to get married at Rust!! Not only is the venue absolutely gorgeous, but Jackie, Paul, and Amy were such a pleasure. Jackie took excellent care of us on our wedding day and in the entire year of planning leading up to it. She was so responsive and knowledgeable. She answered all of our questions and made suggestions that really helped make our dreams come true. Everyone was so patient and calm which was really helpful as the wedding drew closer and on the day when I was super stressed and nervous. They were very supportive and really stepped in to help when we needed them during the wedding. We had planned to have our ceremony on the beautiful lawn but the November weather did not cooperate (turned out to be the coldest and windiest day of the week). Amy jumped to the rescue and helped us make the last minute switch to an indoor ceremony. It was beautiful and all our guests had a fantastic time. One final but important note, Rust photographs like a dream! There are so many beautiful places on the property to take pictures. All of our pictures came out so lovely and we will cherish the memories forever! I would absolutely recommend Rust Manor House!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Alex · Married on 11/12/2017

Rust Manor was the perfect venue! It was the first venue we toured where we both could imagine ourselves getting married there! Jackie and Paul were both super helpful in helping us get ready for the big day! They asked us questions we would never have thought of and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of. The amenities offered in the package are extensive and ones such as the firepit for marshmellow roasting and lawn games were a huge hit at our wedding. The venue itself is gorgeous. There isn't a spot at the venue which isn't beautiful! All of our pictures had the perfect backdrop. We got married early November on a rather chilly day but our wedding was small enough that we could have the ceremony inside- we really appreciated having the option to do that. We could not have been happier.

Sent on 12/03/2017
  • Anneka

Anneka · Married on 11/05/2017

From the moment I saw pictures of Rust Manor online, I knew that was the venue where I wanted us to say "I do!" From first contact, to the day after the wedding, Paul and Jackie have been absolutely amazing. They are quick to respond to messages (of which I sent many!!), and always there to put me at ease whenever I was having moments of panic! On the day of, they were all so helpful, there was no need for me to worry about a thing. I can't recommend Rust Manor enough! The venue itself is stunning, and the amenities are wonderful. While the house really sells itself, it's the amazing staff that make the total package. We are beyond thrilled to have had our special day at Rust Manor, and forever grateful for all of the assistance, guidance, and calming words from Paul & Jackie throughout the whole process. Thank you both, and the rest of your wonderful staff!!!

Sent on 11/07/2017
  • Athena

Athena · Married on 10/31/2017

The venue was absolutely gorgeous and Jackie is the absolute BEST! She claims that I was organized throughout the whole process, which made her job easier, but the day before and the day of I was an absolute mess and she brought everything together beautifully for us on our wedding day. I can never thank you enough for everything you did for us! Thank you Jackie and Paul for everything!!!!

Sent on 11/01/2017

Demetria · Married on 10/27/2017

I cannot explain how happy we were with Rust. The house and grounds are, of course, beautiful, and it is apparent that they are kept up with very well. Jackie was by far one of the best inclusions in our experience at Rust. She was incredibly patient, kind, responsive, and went above and beyond to ensure my wife and I were up-to-date prior to the wedding, and accommodated during. On that note, we had so much peace of mind knowing we, as a same-sex couple, were accepted by all staff at Rust. I cannot speak to that enough.

Liz and the Great Blue Heron catering experience were all absolutely exceptional. She was so responsive and ahead of the game, and we felt like we were really on top of everything. It was really great that catering was in-house (and that Liz was a liaison in handling linens), as this eliminated a bunch of extraneous vendors to keep up with. The food was absolutely spectacular, and we never ran out at our buffet! We got a ton of compliments from every single one of our guests about how delicious the food was - my grandmother even said it was the best steak she had ever had. That is VERY high praise coming from her.

Our only disappointment is that coffee and tea were not served, which is something we specifically asked for. And, like most weddings, full plates of food and full glasses of alcohol were taken by cleaning staff. Something that usually happens, but really shouldn't, considering everyone was enjoying the food and drink so much.

All of that aside, we could not possibly be happier having had our wedding at Rust. We cannot thank all of you enough for being so wonderful and helping to make our special day beautiful. I urge anyone looking for a gorgeous outdoor venue (with ceremony and reception BOTH on-site - how convenient is that?!) and nifty enclosed reception tent, to rent Rust as your venue. Our day was perfect.

Sent on 01/04/2018

Katie · Married on 10/21/2017

I cannot say enough about the staff at Rust Manor House...Jackie, Paul, and Amy were all amazing leading up to the wedding and on our special day. I barely had to lift a finger all day. They definitely go above and beyond to help out. The house and the tent were beautiful, as well! Definitely select this venue for your wedding day...you won't regret it! The bridal suite upstairs was plenty of room for my 7 bridesmaids, mother, mother in law, and I, along with 2 hairstylists and a make artist (and a dog!). They were even nice enough to clean up a bit after us when we had to rush to the shuttle at the end of the night. I will forever be so happy that we chose to get married at Rust Manor.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Jim & Lorie · Married on 10/21/2017

Our Daughter was married this past weekend at Rust Manor. During the entire planning and execution of the wedding Paul, Jackie, and Amy were wonderful to deal with. They are very knowledgeable and were very accommodating during the entire process. Wonderful folks to work with! The venue is beautiful from the house to the reception tent. There are several places where the ceremony can take place and all are memorable. The beautiful weather was certainly a bonus, but the Rust Manor venue and the people are first class and my wife Lorie and I recommend this venue without reservation.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Serina · Married on 10/15/2017

The staff at Rust Manor House is amazing and unbelievably organized. It was very apparent from the first conversation that my husband and I would be in good hands. Jackie helped us to create a timeline that made sense for all of our vendors, as well as our family. Which my husband and I still can't thank her enough for, because we had no idea what to do. Additionally, the staff put out all of our DIY decorations for us the day of the wedding. We are so thankful that all of our small details were perfectly executed. If you are looking for a picturesque venue with reliable and friendly staff, I truly hope that you would consider Rust Manor House.

Sent on 03/07/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! Rust Manor House is truly a dream venue. I lived in Leesburg for 20 years and not once ever knew this magnificent property existed until I was shopping for a venue location and thank God I found it! Not only was this place beautiful but Paul and Jackie were so amazing, helpful, and professional every step of the way! We had our wedding on a beautiful day in October and the tent was perfect with plenty of roon! You won't be disappointed with Rust at all. THANK YOU to everyone at Rust for making our wedding day truly the best day ever. We couldn't of done it without you!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Anya · Married on 10/13/2017

We had our ceremony & reception at Rust, and we absolutely *loved* it. Cannot recommend Rust's team as well as the beautifully kept spaces more highly. The venue is naturally so beautiful and actually quite affordable compared with NOVA wineries and other old mansion-esque houses. I'm also going to link catering in here, as Rust is partnered with Great Blue Heron Catering, and they were also fantastic (their cost not reflected in the $3300).

Sent on 10/27/2017
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/29/2017

I can't say enough good things about the staff and the venue they manage. My wedding was perfect with a large thanks to them. The response time from Jackie and Paul is unbelievable and they have a very can do approach. We asked for a set-up they hadn't done before and it was perfect for our outdoor wedding, outdoor cocktail hour, and then indoor house reception. The site itself is beautiful and getting ready in their bridal suite was very fun. We even used many of their recommendations for other vendors and they too were perfect. Having my wedding here helped make planning fun and easy. I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Taylor · Married on 08/12/2017

My husband and I got married on August 12th, 2017, and we had such an amazing experience using Rust Manor House as our ceremony and reception locations. The venue is absolutely beautiful, and the pricing is phenomenal for what is included. Paul was exceptionally accommodating and friendly while showing us around the property. After our initial visit, we worked with Jackie for the rest of our planning, which we mostly did by email as my husband and I live about two hours away from Leesburg. Jackie was just wonderful to work with, as she is very calm, cool, and collected and I felt incredibly comfortable with her knowledge and experience. Jackie was always very responsive to emails and was incredibly helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. She made me feel very at ease every step of the way.
    I just can’t say enough about how beautiful this venue is. I was so worried about the weather for our wedding day, as there was a chance of storms for our outdoor ceremony. Luckily there was a back-up plan available to have the ceremony inside the house. We were fortunate that it did not rain at all during the ceremony or reception, but I had peace of mind knowing that there was a plan for if it did storm. Another thing I love about this venue is how many things are included in the venue price. We didn’t have to worry about renting a reception tent, tables, chairs, etc., as they provide those at the venue already. We were able to use the beautiful bridal suite and the groom’s cottage for getting ready.
    My husband and I would absolutely recommend Rust Manor House to anyone looking for a wedding venue in the Northern Virginia area. It is a gorgeous location with many things included at a great price. If we had to do everything over again, we would definitely choose Rust Manor House again without a second thought. Our wedding day was everything we wanted it to be thanks to Rust Manor House!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Arion · Married on 07/22/2017

Rust Manor House was a dream come true for my wedding reception. I feel in love with this venue from the first second I saw it and I'm so glad we were ablet to book it.

Jackie and Paul were amazing to work with throughout the entire process. They were always available to answer any questions I had and even ones I hadn't though of yet! When it came time for our walk-through a few months before the wedding Paul was able to take what I had invisioned for both the inside of the house and the reception tent and make it happen.

The inside of the house is gorgeous and my guest loved the old manor home feel. Quite possibly the only thing that can top the house are the grounds which are too beautiful to put into words. With all the greenery around it made the perfect setting for photos. (Side note: our guests also loved the lawn games!)

Once it came time for everyone to head down to the reception tent our guests were blown away. I think a lot of them were doubtful about the local when I told them the reception would be in a tent (in the middle of July...) but almost every single person told me how beautiful it was and that they felt like this was an actuall ballroom. The new lights and chandeliers they put in gave the room the perfect and eveyrone greatly appreciated the new fans which kept all our guests cool throughout the evening.

In addition, we were able to utilize the Bridal suite and Groom's cottage for the entire bridal party to get ready. Both areas were the perfect setting for those photos and allowed the bridal party to relax before things kicked off. It was the perfect way to start the day!

For any brides and grooms out there looking for the perfect location for your wedding Rust Manor House is the place for you!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Adrienne · Married on 07/07/2017

Jackie and Paul at Rust Manor were amazing to work with. Rust was the only venue we visited and after driving up the tree-lined road to arrive at the house, we knew it would be perfect. Everyone commented on how beautiful of a space it was and it fit our wedding perfectly. The team there are very detail oriented and communicate clearly and in a timely fashion to make sure your day runs smoothly. By the end of the process, Jackie really felt like a friend! We took advantage of the beautiful, big tree in the backyard for our ceremony and the nearby tent for the reception. The manor house itself included a bridal suite that we used for hair and makeup and a groom's cottage for the boys. We couldn't have asked for a better place to have our big day!

Sent on 07/09/2017

Mr. & Mrs. · Married on 07/03/2017

Great location, can be a little hard to find for the first time. Saw Rust Manor online, and could imagine being married there. Picked it for the location, we wanted to do an outside wedding and having the reception right next door was also a plus! From first email, to the day after the wedding, Paul and Jackie are the best to deal with. They have been absolutely positively amazing. They are quick to respond to messages, and always there to help out with last minute changes! On the day of, they were all so helpful, there was no need for me to worry about a thing. I can't recommend Rust Manor enough! The venue itself is gorgeous, and the amenities are wonderful. Only thing that is a small issue is reception food has to be catered. Luckily we found - Zesty Gourmet. Leanne and the Chef were very accommodating to what our needs and demands were with most of everyone being vegetarian. All in all, Rust Manor was a great location to and best of all it brings an amazing staff that made the total package. Thank you both, and the rest of your wonderful staff!!!

Sent on 01/03/2018
  • W

Will · Married on 07/01/2017

Stop looking! You've found the place! Rust Manor House was an incredible venue on our wedding day. Jackie, Paul and the whole staff there were SO kind, helpful and flexible about making our big day truly special. From the very first conversation as we toured the grounds, they were very knowledgeable and calm, and were right there with us every step of the way right up until our final exit! They were seriously the most professional, accommodating venue we could have ever asked for. Our 175 person wedding went off without a hitch, and our entire guest list couldn't stop talking about what a beautiful venue it was. We cannot recommend it enough!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Katie · Married on 06/11/2017

Oh my goodness where do I even start. From the moment we pulled up to the Rust Manor House we were in love,the place is drop-dead gorgeous. Not only is the venue one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen but its staff Jackie, Paul, and everyone else are absolutely amazing. From the moment we chose the venue (the same day we saw it) and started out wedding plans Jackie and Paul would respond within 24 hours (usually only 2 or 3) with an answer to whatever question we had. The day of our wedding we were completely at ease because we knew they were on top of everything. All of our guests were completely blown away by the attentiveness of the staff and the venue itself. My bridesmaids had a wonderful time getting ready in the beautiful bridal suite and our groomsmen had a great time hanging out in the cottage next to the manor. I have absolutely no complaints from our entire day spent at the Rust Manor House for our wedding and would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone.

Sent on 06/14/2017
  • klbak19

Kelly · Married on 06/03/2017

I had my ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at Rust Manor House, and was so glad we chose Rust! I was planning my wedding from across the country, but it felt like I was planning it locally from how easy it was to communicate with Jackie and Paul. I only saw the venue once before the actual wedding, but was able to do any planning via phone and email. The grounds, house and tent are so beautiful and was perfect for the outdoorsy wedding vision we had, while still being very comfortable for all guests. We used their caterer Great Blue Heron and were very impressed with the quality and service. Jackie and Paul helped the day go very smoothly, and were so helpful in advance and the day of!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2017

For me, choosing my wedding venue was one of the hardest parts of planning. We visited many beautiful venues in the area and Rust was very beautiful as well - it had that fairytale story book feeling when you pull up with lush green grounds. However, the main reason we chose Rust Manor was for it's staff. Specifically Jackie and Paul. They were AMAZING to work with. From the moment we met them during our tour we knew it was right. They treated us as if we were family members getting married there. I remember I originally wanted to hang a chandelier from the tree and was discussing how I would do that with my husband and I remember Paul telling me not to worry he will handle things like that. Immediately it put me at ease knowing they wanted to help me create my dream wedding day. Jackie the venue coordinator is SO good at her job. No lie, I would email with a random question probably twice a week and would get a response back within hours, sometimes minutes!! She was always thinking of the little things that I might have missed and must have made over 15 floor plans for me without ever complaining. They go above and beyond for their clients and they will guide you and help you throughout the whole process. I highly recommend this venue!!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Priyanka · Married on 05/13/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Rust Manor House! It is such a gorgeous venue and working with Paul, Jackie, and the rest of the Rust team is a dream. They know exactly what they are doing and guide you through the process so that you don't have to worry about anything. They are incredibly thoughtful and always adding to their inventory of things you can use for your wedding (at no extra cost!) just to help make your day beautiful. As others have also said, they are extremely responsive to emails and go out of their way to accommodate any request. And I love that our venue cost (which was very reasonable in the wedding world!) goes towards supporting the Virginia Parks Service and Audubon Society. Our wedding was amazing and beautiful, and we couldn't have done it without the fantastic team at Rust. They are truly the best!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Anne · Married on 05/06/2017

If you want an amazing wedding experience with talented professionals, a beautiful venue, and great flexibility - all while on a budget - the Rust Manor is the place for you. When we walked into this venue and met Paul and Jackie, we knew that we were in good hands. From email responsiveness to helpful planning tools to day-of assistance, Rust Manor does it all. Their grounds are beautifully kept, their permanent tent has beautiful chandeliers, and their manor is a dream. It has a groom's cottage and a bridal suite, multiple wedding ceremony locations, and a fabulous list of preferred venders. I HATED wedding planning, but working with them was one of my favorite parts - it ALMOST makes me want to have another wedding ;) Thanks again for an EXCELLENT experience.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Karen · Married on 04/22/2017

We fell in love with Rust Manor the moment we saw the gorgeous house and grounds. Not only is the place absolutely stunning, but you get so much included in the cost of the venue than we found at other places - including nice details like lawn games, cake stands, easels, chalkboards, etc., and they are constantly adding new things! We loved that they were part of Nova Parks and that our money would be contributing to the community. What sealed the deal for us though was meeting the Rust team. They were all down-to-earth and so helpful with every little detail. Jackie, the venue coordinator, was especially excellent! Over the course of the year, Jackie replied promptly to my many questions and helped coordinate communications with their in-house caterer. She was so organized with everything and we felt in good hands the entire time. On the wedding day, it was great having her calm presence there. The whole team worked together flawlessly and were so helpful giving advice and lending a hand setting up. It was a rainy day, and I was feeling bummed that we might not be able to have our outdoor ceremony. Jackie assured us that they were well-prepared for the rain and had enough large umbrellas for our guests (another perk!) and encouraged us to go for it! We were so happy we still got to be married in front of those beautiful trees and the rain actually made things super romantic and memorable. We love that Rust had a “yes” attitude and were so flexible making adjustments for us so that we could still have a perfect day, rain and all! Rust Manor is truly a magical place and I would recommend it to anyone - to get married at or even just to visit. Thank you to the entire Rust team for an amazing day we will never forget!

Sent on 05/14/2017
  • F

Farheen · Married on 04/08/2017

Rust Manor House offers so much more than just a venue. It has gorgeous space for both a ceremony (back steps-gorgeous in nice weather) and a beautiful and large tent. But it also has extras like a cake stand, a cocktail space with lawn games, easles, a sound system that can be carried from inside to outside the house, a brides' room and a grooms' cottage, lighting across the lawn, tent included...just things that you wouldn't think about or think you need that come in so handy and are all included! They added up to so many extras at other venues and everything here just helped make the wedding day less stressful. They also have relationships with the vendors in the area, have outlets where they need to be for the caterers, have tables/chairs that are lovely, etc. It just makes your life easy. And for a rustic elegant outdoor theme, this is your place. there are also discounts off season and I think weekdays.

Sent on 04/21/2017