Russ Carlton Entertainment Reviews

2 | Washington, DC

2 Reviews for Russ Carlton Entertainment

lori · Married on 04/02/2011

Russ was awesome! We had a small wedding but the way he had everyone on the dance floor all night, it felt like a club! He took requests, he made sure to find us before the last dance to ask what song we wanted, and he was really easy to work with. It helped that he and our vendor main contact know each other well, because they were an amazing team managing the night. We had him play piano for our Jewish ceremony, and even though he has a smaller list of Jewish songs from his playlist, it was absolutely perfect. We both enjoyed working with Russ!

Sent on 04/18/2011

1.5
      2.0
      3.0
      3.0

Russ has a polite demeanor and is a nice guy over the phone & email. I met him for the first time 2 weeks before my wedding. He was 1/2 hour late for our meeting. That didn't bother me a great deal. One of the nice things about Russ is that he can play live piano for the ceremony and/or cocktail hour. He prepared my requested bridal entrance song on piano, which he performed live during our ceremony without much of a problem.

There were two major errors that Russ made that bothered me:
    1) He mispronounced my fiance's name during the bride & groom entrance, despite the number of times I've said my fiance's name in conversation. To his defense, he did clarify with me on the pronunciation of the bridal party names... but messing up the groom's name?? I am hoping my videographer can do something about this because it's not something we want to remember on film.

2) He changed the order of the reception events and did not follow the final time line. He asked all guests to stand for toasts immediately after our 1st dance (I didn't want to delay dinner and definitely didn't want guests standing for 5-7 minutes during toasts). Our three toast givers were thrown off by having to give their speeches earlier than planned.

While guests were eating, Russ played some light background music. Fiance and I looked at each other and wondered, "What is this music?" It was not anything we put on our song list at all. Think: formal 50's elevator music... sooo not us. Fortunately Russ responded quickly when we told him we wanted "upbeat" music. He instantly played something off our list.
    Some comments I got from family and friends about Russ were "grumpy" and "didn't read the audience well". Admittedly my crowd was a tough crowd to get on the dance floor, but I think the music had quite a bit to do with it.

Sent on 07/28/2009