Running Hare Vineyard Reviews

Running Hare Vineyard 4
Running Hare Vineyard 5
Running Hare Vineyard 6
Running Hare Vineyard 7

Our daughter's wedding at Running Hare Vineyard on June 30 was wonderful.
    Barbara, the owner, represented the vineyard with professionalism and genuine care and concern that made our special event perfect! I would recommend this venue for anyone who wanted that "Napa" feel right here in Maryland.

Sent on 07/28/2012

Running Hare Vineyard's reply:

Thank you so much! Glad the rain held off and we were able to have the ceremony out in the vineyard! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Nilia · Married on 03/31/2012

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    Barbara, you are so wonderful! The vineyard was breath taking. Thank you for working with me to meet my dreams!!

Sent on 04/08/2012

Elisha · Married on 10/09/2011

When you think of Vows In The Vineyard, there is no more perfect a place to express this, then Running Hare Vineyard. The property is absolutely gorgeous with a twist of shabby chic and sophistication. The views are amazing and will put you in the middle of a perfect dream. Our wedding ceremony & reception will forever be remembered by our guest as THE most beautiful and romantic event. Barb & Mike, the proprietors are wonderful to work with and Barb's vision of the perfect wedding was carefully laid out in the architectural design and flow of the outdoors ceremony location up to the breathtaking reception/events building. We had an absolutely magnificent experience at Running Hare and would highly recommend this wedding venue.

Thank you for adding to the joyful spirit of our event. And thank you for giving us a lasting memory of your kindness and generosity.

Sent on 10/20/2011

Christina · Married on 09/03/2011

Running Hare Vineyard is an incredible venue in Southern Maryland and we couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out!! The wines are spectacular and the views are amazing. Thank you!!

Sent on 09/10/2011

Sarah · Married on 08/26/2011

We absolutely loved getting married at the Running Hare Vineyard - it was the most beautiful location and everything that we wanted in a wedding ceremony and reception. We look forward to visiting the vineyard on many anniversaries for years to come!

Sent on 01/13/2012

Mindi · Married on 05/29/2011

RHV was an absolute fantastic venue for my dream wedding. It was the first venue we looked at... and we put the deposit down that day. This was before the new venue building was even complete! We instantly fell in love. I would recommend it to any interested brides. It has been five months and my family and friends still rave about our wedding. Barb was great to work with. I used several of her "recommended vendors" and was beyond pleased.

Sent on 11/03/2011
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 10/23/2010

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about the vineyard. The property is stunning and the villa is breath taking. Our wedding was magical and we have Running Hare to thank and I wouldn't have changed a thing about our wedding.
    Advice for future brides - you will not regret choosing RHV as your event location.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Candice · Married on 05/29/2010

The venue is more than just a venue it is a hidden jewel, not for long though! We were so lucky to find Mike and Barb when we did because the venue was more than we could have ever imagined for our wedding day. The property is so dynamic that our wedding pictures look like we were flown right into Tuscany, Italy. Even if you dont have an opportunity to marry there, go visit the winery for a glass of wine and enjoy the sunflower fields! RHV will always have a special place in our hearts :)

Sent on 07/06/2010

Molly · Married on 09/10/2016

Loved the venue! Everything went perfectly!

Sent on 10/01/2016

The Running Hare Vineyard far exceeded any thoughts/expectations we had when we were planning our wedding. We looked at many outdoor venues and none of them came even close to the RHV. The ceremony was beautiful, the views stunning, and the party perfect. It really was dream like.

We were very happy to be able to extend the hours of our party to be able to enjoy a longer cocktail hour at the portico. Many of our guests came earlier to enjoy the wine tasting. My husband and I chose to do out pictures before the ceremony. Which allowed us to spend more time at the party. We were able to look over from the reception hall as people arrived for the tasting and gathered for the ceremony, and this one of many beautiful moments throughout the night.

I would not think twice about having a celebration here.

At first we did not know how we felt about having an exclusive caterer, but as we went through the process it became so clear why Barb did this. MCC are amazing! We are foodies, and everything was delicious! We were not very picky about how everything got set up, and we had no experience planning an event of this size. MCC made everything seem like a piece of cake, and essentially acted as wedding planners, taking care of EVERYTHING we didn't even know had to be taken care of. Had we spent hundreds of hours trying to figure out the small stuff, we still wouldn't have done a better job. Everyone was absolutely fabulous and made our party perfect. I heard from many people that leading up to the wedding we seemed like the most relaxed couple they had ever seen, and I know that it was because we had the best possible vendors. Thanks so much!!!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Kassie · Married on 05/23/2014

Our wedding day was the most magical day of our lives thanks to Running Hare!!! The setting couldn't have been more beautiful, and we lucked out on our wedding day weather. The ceremony site along with the porch for cocktails was stunning. Our expectations were truly blown away and it was so great having the whole vineyard to ourselves. It really did feel like we were in the middle of Tuscany. Everything ran smoothly and Barb was always available to answer questions. I do think they could have been more flexible on when vendors were able to arrive and set up during the day since you are the only wedding for the day. The price for additional time (We really needed that extra hour!) is a little steep as well. I would also suggest working with Maryland Country Caterers (one of two caterers to choose from). They were amazing!!! They worked well together and the food/decor looked fabulous. I wouldn't have changed a single thing about our day, and we are so thankful we chose Running Hare as our venue! (Not to mention all our guests just raved about it)!!

Sent on 06/20/2014
  • User2199255 · 2+ years ago

This place is beautiful and we really loved getting married there among the vines! Barb is wonderful to work with and we really love it there!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Lauren Richardson · Getting married on 07/05/2021

Gorgeous Wedding Venue

Gorgeous venue with a lovely new ceremony site. Taylor was very timely with her responses to our questions. The bridal suite was perfect for "getting ready" photos. Can't wait for our photos to arrive!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Caitlin · Married on 10/14/2017

I grew up in Maryland but my husband and I met in Italy so Running Hare Vineyard was the perfect venue for us! It really feels like you are in Tuscany. The vineyard and the brand new ceremony site are beautiful!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Samantha · Married on 10/15/2016

The ambiance was made our day beautiful making our fairy tale come to reality. The owners were so easy to talk to, communicate with and provided stellar vendor recommendations ! You can't go wrong !!!

Tip: When planning your wedding keep in mind the time of year, sunset and the time the tasting room closes to the public.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Rebecca · Married on 05/07/2016

Running Hare Vineyard is such a beautiful place to get married and our guests had a great time! Barb is great to work with! She is professional, responsive, and knows what she is doing.

Sent on 05/23/2016
  • User6719999 · 2+ years ago

Beautiful venue for a great price as compared to others in the greater DC area. I was sold on this place as soon as I saw pictures online, and actually booked it without even seeing it in person after speaking with Barbara the owner. Only thing I think could have been better regarding the actual venue was that we had our wedding in early April and some trees weren't fully green, and I would have liked there to be roses bloomed (alas, none). However, the reception indoors is absolutely gorgeous and makes for beautiful pictures- also the weather was absolutely perfect! Originally I was worried about having too many guests but the venue (both indoors and outdoors) easily accommodated our 170 guests, without feeling crowded at all. I would recommend this venue to anyone wanting a beautiful and classic ceremony and reception site for their wedding!

Sent on 05/16/2016

Such a BEAUTIFUL venue, I'm so glad our wedding was at Running Hare. September was the perfect time of year, with all of the flowers in bloom and grapes on the vines. It wasn't the cheapest option, but I think it was worth the cost. They were great to work with during planning. No complaints at all.

Sent on 12/03/2015

Gina · Married on 09/14/2012

What a wonderful venue for my daughter's wedding!!! So beautiful!!! The preferred vendors that were recommended by the Running Hare Vineyard were top notch and very professional. It was a magical, memoral day and the best wedding I have ever been to!! Thank you Barb and RHV for making it such a success! I would highly recommend Running Hare Vineyard!!!

Sent on 09/16/2012
  • Terry

Terry · Married on 07/07/2017

Our wedding is in July of this year however I must say that I have no complaints about Running Hare Vineyard thus far. The owner and her staff were very responsive via both email and phone. I strongly would recommend Running Hare.

Sent on 02/25/2017

Jamie · Married on 05/19/2012

3.5

Could not have asked for a better place to marry my best friend. Running Hare Vineyard allowed, not only us, but our guests as well to experience an unforgetable night! If you are looking for a venue to have an outdoor ceremony and/or wedding reception this is the place!

Sent on 07/25/2012

Brittany · Married on 09/24/2011

We LOVED having our wedding ar Running Hare Vineyard. Barb is amazing to work with and while they have several strong guidelines in place to protect their venue, they will do everything they can to ensure that the day runs perfectly for their brides!
    The vineyard is breathtaking and the perfect place to get married. Barb answered every question I had (even the silly ones) quickly and seemed truly excited to celebrate our big daywith us. We HIGHLY reccomend Running Hare Vineyard for your own beautiful and unique wedding!

Sent on 10/13/2011

Lauren · Married on 09/26/2014

The vineyard is a beautiful and elegant place for a wedding reception. Barb is very detail oriented and even made a stop by during our reception to make sure that everything was going as smoothly as we discussed. It was flawless, and perfect for us :)

Sent on 10/14/2014

This venue was absolutely stunning. We loved working with them and had the magical wedding we had hoped for. We would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Bernie · Married on 05/26/2012

3.0

Running Hare is a beautiful venue! If looking for a vineyard wedding there isn't a better one in Maryland! The only downside is the limitations in the time of the timeline for the wedding. It basically has to be at 5pm with the reception ending at 10pm.

Sent on 05/29/2012

Running Hare Vineyard's reply:

While our "recommended" hours are 5-10:00 pm due to sunset/lighting issues, the rental can be at any time. Additional hours can be purchased as well.