27 Reviews for Runaway Bride Destination Weddings

Cultural (5)
Religious (4)
Guest List (3)
Non-Religious (1)

Kim was an amazing addition to our wedding team and really helped make our wedding a top-notch event. We retained her for day of wedding planning but she contributed so much more. I should have hired her earlier and had her plan the whole event. Where Kim really shined was helping us trouble-shoot various vendors who tried to make changes at the last minute. She ran interference and with her experience in the industry was able to demand the service we paid for. Her schedules the day of really helped our event flow smoothly and she and her team were able to "herd cats" to keep everyone where they should be at the appropriate times. There were a lot of details that I never thought about that she covered or made recommendations for handling. I recommend her services to anyone planning a wedding. Worth the money.

Profile Picture Andy, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Kimberly was wonderful she really helped make our wedding an spectacular event I highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Yanet , 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Travel, Wedding Planning

There are no words to express how thankful I am to have met and hired Kim as our wedding planner. I travel a lot for business and Kim handled everything with such a great care and understanding since day 1. I was extremely impressed by the way she was able to handle my mom from the start. She did it in a way that was caring towards her feelings, while being mindful of my wishes. She is a great listener and understood what we wanted at all times. My only recommendation for Kim would be hire an extra person for the day of the wedding because there are lots of things going on that day that it is too much for Kim and one more person to handle everything. However, if I had to do it all over again, I would hire Kim in a heart beat. Kim, thank you again for all your patience, understanding, good judgement and remarkable planning. XOXO

Profile Picture Sintty, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The Runaway Bride team surpassed all expectations, and I had high ones. Even as a planner, I was able to 'let go' with confidence and enjoy the celebration - because of the RAB team. Once I chose Runaway Brides, the 8 months of calls, coordination, and decision making became something I looked forward to and had fun with. They took the overwhelm out of the planning process.

One of our friends said. “Thank you all for including me in the most uplifting, heartfelt, joyful and transformative event. It was a mesmerizing, immersive and emotional three-day experience, which is rare for most all events and especially weddings.” Attention to detail, organizational skills, budget and vendor management all a 10. RAB went above and beyond to make our vision a reality within the defined budget. Thank you RAB Team!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel, Wedding Planning

Xanath made all of our dreams a reality and went over and beyond to exceed our expectations . Xanath literally took care of everything for Jason and I which gave us the ability to relax and enjoy ourselves at our wedding. It was truly awesome to work with Xanath and Kimberly throughout this whole process, we wish we could get married all over again!

Photo for Runaway Bride Destination Weddings Review
Profile Picture Jenna , 9/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel

Kim and her team are amazing. We were floored by their attention to detail and ability to make our vision come to life. On top of everything, they handled everything from interviewing vendors to the smallest details on the day of our wedding. We could not have been happier with Runaway Bride. We only hope they create a Bar Mitzvah division so we can work with Kim again one day!

Profile Picture William, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel, Wedding Planning

Kimberly and Araceli made our wedding the relaxing, fun, carefree event we always hoped for. Throughout the planning process, they were on top of it and really let us enjoy what is normally a stressful part of the process. It was such a relief to rock up to our hotel and have them there prepared with a detailed plan. They took questions from guests and made sure we were left just to enjoy the party. We can't thank them enough for creating what was truly the best day of our lives. The only negative I have to say about the work they do is that you'll probably enjoy it so much you'll want to do it again. ;)

Profile Picture Leah, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Travel, Wedding Planning

Do not think twice. We just returned from our daughter's wedding at Banyan Tree, Riviera Maya, Mexico. With a total of 5 different events, each one was flawless and even exceeded our dreams. Our 200 guests told us they have never experienced anything like it and will never forget it. From the second we hired Kimberly, she worked tirelessly to give us the best advice, negotiate the very best terms with all of our vendors, and produce an indescribable weekend of events. Not only is Kimberly and her crew in Mexico, headed by Xanath Banuelos, knowledgeable and competent, they are warm and empathetic, tireless, funny, and kind. I have been part of the event industry myself for 17 years and am a tough critic. It was the best week of my life. Hire Kimberly and her staff immediately.

Profile Picture Mona, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Runaway Bride Team is incredible! I recently had my wedding in Rivera Maya, at Banyan Tree Mayakoba and Kimberly and her team put together the most incredible wedding weekend. There were 5 events throughout the weekend, each one was truly perfect and better than the next. I spoke with Kimberly (and Xanath!) for months. I am from NYC and being so far away from the wedding location can feel confusing at times. No need to ever feel worried or concerned about anything, these ladies are true professionals AND perfectionists. They made sure every single detail was covered and executed in a way that was beyond my expectations. Even though we were planning for months and I knew what was scheduled for the weekend when I actually got to the events I was completely taken back and lost for words at what these amazing girls put together. From the moment we landed in Mexico everything was taken care of. We had 194 guests travel from NYC, Miami, California, & Chicago and there was never a moment of chaos. Our guests had the most incredible weekend and were also blown away by the RAB staff and the weekend they planned. I can honestly say I miss speaking to Kimberly all of the time! She is calm, organized, and easy to work with. She works extremely hard to get you what you want while being very cautious of your budget. Xanath is a joy to work with as well! You will never see her without a smile on her face, she is very knowledgeable and boy do people listen when she speaks! The girls are a great team. They don't let anyone take advantage of you and all of the vendors love working with them! Liz, Claudia & Aldo also helped throughout the weekend & were a pleasure to work with as well. I highly recommend working with Runaway Bride for a wonderful wedding planning process and a guarenteed magical wedding.

Profile Picture lacey, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Travel, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination, Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I can not truly express in words how much I love Runaway Brides wedding planners! I had a destination wedding in TULUM, Mexico and these ladies did a beyond fantastic job! They helped with everything from searching for destination locations, searching for resorts, finding vendors to fit our needs, entertainment suggestions, etc. They were all very polite, down to earth and professional. I even had some last minute changes that I wanted to make, with only a week before the wedding and they totally took care of it the same day I asked. At no time did I feel panicked because they made me feel relaxed and they had everything under complete control. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Bobby Jo, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Travel, Wedding Planning

Kimberley and her fabulous team were simply beyond...beyond professional, beyond knowledgeable, beyond comforting (especially on the big day), beyond organized, beyond passionate and beyond a doubt, worth every penny! They were involved in every step of our wedding planning from hotel selection (Banyan Tree Mayakoba), our pre-planning visits, budget keeping, decor, vendor relationships and everything in between. They were a firm yet fair liason between us and the vendors and helped negotiate reasonable contracts...their intricate knowledge of the hotel and region allowed for us to really trust their suggestions, as it was quite evident that they have long standing and valuable relationships with all of the right people in the business. This team of ladies is dynamic, organized and just an overall pleasure to work with-they each bring a distinct skill set to the team which really allows for a well rounded and thorough planning experience. Their taste level is top notch and they just get it. Our wedding weekend was absolutely magical, and they coordinated and oversaw 5 unbelievable events (welcome drinks and snacks, beach party, rehearsal dinner and the main event followed by a beach front bon fire with smores and acoustic guitarists). In 4 days I was not made aware of one issue, however minor or major they may have been behind the scenes; the girls handled everything with ease and allowed us to just relax and enjoy the experience. Their creativity and attention to detail is what made our wedding truly memorable-I can't tell you how many people said it was the most incredible wedding/event they had ever been to-and I happen to agree. Pure magic from every angle. I can't possibly recommend RAB enough...we'll be calling them when we're ready to renew our vows!

Profile Picture LORIN, 5/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Travel, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Kimberly Richmond is absolutely world class!!! We had our dream wedding in Playa del Carmen in May, 2016 and could not have been happier with our wedding reception. From the moment I had my first conversation with Kimberly, my stress dissolved away, and I knew that my fiance and I were in the best hands. Kimberly "gets it" - she listens to your vision, is reassuring and kind, has great taste and incredible relationships with the best vendors, and she gets the job done. I'm sure there were so many things happening behind the scenes that I never knew about, and that is most amazing part of it all....she makes the wedding planning process appear seamless. Because I knew that Kimberly and her team had everything covered, I had the luxury of actually being able to enjoy my wedding day from start to finish...imagine that! After having such an amazing experience with Runaway Bride, my advice to all future brides out there is to get the best planner that you can afford - you will not regret it. And if you are having a destination wedding, Runaway Bride is best in class without a doubt.

Profile Picture kathy, 5/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Travel, Wedding Planning

Kimberly and the Runaway Bride team is absolutely incredible. Beginning with our wedding venue selection trip in Mexico the team was there from the start. We toured about 10 venues in 2 days and I couldn't imagine a better team to guide us through our decision making process. Their patience and constant upbeat and positive attitude made the best first impression and we knew we were in good hands from there on out. Kimberly was incredible negotiating with the vendors and venue to make sure we were getting the most for our budget. She knew exactly what to ask for and how to ask for it, something I had no idea how to tackle on my own! A few months later we headed down to Mexico for our pre-planning trip where the team coordinated every single detail, including having all the vendors come to us at the resort! We felt so special that entire weekend and knew that this was only a preview to what we already knew would be a fairytale wedding. After countless phone calls, emails and Skype conferences, the big weekend arrived and from the moment we arrived the RAB team was there to take care of everything. One thing that was incredibly important to us was that we wanted to enjoy vacation aspect of our wedding and the team truly made that happen. After one brief meeting, my (now) husband and I were free to enjoy the amazing fact that all of our family and friends were together in paradise! From the welcome party the day before the wedding to the big day itself, the level of service, calm and reliability was off the charts. RAB and its network of amazing vendors made our wedding the most incredible and magical event of our lives.

Profile Picture Carolina, 2/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We absolutely loved our experience with RAB! They were a team of rockstars and were crucial to our wedding planning process. Kim stayed on top of our vendors and budget, which was incredibly helpful. And Ary is a total rockstar. She introduced us to the most talented vendors from the beautiful design and flowers to a killer DJ and live music, everything and everyone was on point. They truly made our vision come to life. Not to mention they are lovely people, so charismatic and positive throughout all of it. We felt like we were in good hands the entire time and never had doubt, which through the stress of it all was so key to feeling at ease. I am in the PR and events industry in Chicago so attention to detail and execution are very important to me. They went above and beyond. And our guests were blown away by the details and creativity put into each aspect of the weekend. We are forever grateful for all their hard work and dedication throughout this process and during our wedding weekend. We cannot thank them enough. They are the best of the best in Mexico!

Profile Picture Amy, 2/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination

Kimberly and the RAB team are the best of the best. I am a bride from New York City and got married in the Riviera Maya, Mexico and had the most wonderful experience working with Kimberly's team. From the moment we started working together, the RAB team was knowledgeable, warm and helpful! We are so grateful for all their hard work, dedication and creativity leading up to our wedding and during our wedding week. We really cannot thank the team enough for making sure our vision came to life. Kimberly's team is thoughtful, organized and professional - you really can't go wrong. The team takes care of everything from soup to nuts through weekly calls, emails, mood boards and their very flexible schedules. We were not in the same city as the RAB team, but felt like we had their full attention during the year and a half planning our wedding. The team is professional, has great relationships with vendors and their execution is flawless! We always felt like we were able to collaborate and bounce ideas off of Kimberly during the planning process.

We are lucky to have found the RAB team to manage all the details of our wedding week. The honesty, patience and love they put into our wedding was noticed (and complimented) by each one of our wedding guests.The RAB team created the most memorable and fun dream of a wedding week. We are truly going to miss our calls with the super cool team who have become more like friends to us during this process!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

5 stars isn’t enough from Kimberly and her team. Wedding planning and the day of is stressful but they walked us through the entire process seamlessly. They were professional, gave honest opinions of vendor selection and were always available. Planning our wedding from the states in Mexico seemed like a daunting task but Kimberly, Ary and Alessio made it better than we could have imagined. The resort was difficult to work with and made a lot of errors but Runaway bride was always there to pick up the pieces and never let us know all of the issues that were present. They always said yes to our requests and made it happen. The day of our wedding we had to change everything last minute due to weather but the team already has a number of backup plans that I was so excited about. Our wedding day was amazing and it would have never been the wedding of our dreams without this team. If you are thinking you might not need a planner, like I did, please think twice. I would have payed Kim and team 100 times more than her fee all said and done because they made our wedding day better than I could have imagined with no stress. That to me is worth more money than I could have imagined. I got to spend time with my loved ones and friends without have to deal with every issue. I will happily refer Runaway bride to anyone who will listen!

Profile Picture Jillian , 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Runaway bride is a great company! Kim took care of everything throughout the planning processes, so we could just relax and enjoy being engaged, the creative part of planning, and the wedding day. In addition her negotiating saved us on cost, so adding her services were overall beneficial to the budget.

Profile Picture User6059538, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Travel, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Our wedding in Tulum was not only the best wedding and reception that we had ever been to, but it was the best that most of our guests had been to as well! We are both avid travelers and wanted to do something different and more off-the-beaten path. Kimberly and her team worked with us to create a truly unique experience that our guests are still raving about. Runaway Bride went above and beyond to make sure we had the wedding of our dreams, even though we had a smaller budget and a type-A groom. :) Having an event in Tulum can be challenging due to the fact that they are off the grid, and the RAB team worked tirelessly to make sure everything came together better than we ever dreamed. From recommending spectacular vendors - our guests are still raving about Dulce - or managing difficult ones, we were always comforted to have them on our side looking out for us. Ary and Alessio were wonderful to work with on the ground in Mexico and such a pleasure to spend time with - we were truly happy to have them be a part of our special day. :)

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/7/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Cultural, Destination, Non-Religious

I can't believe it's been nearly 7 months since our 4-day wedding event in Mexico - I had the most fun there than I have ever had in my life. We had been working with RAB for 18 months to coordinate everything. They were there and organized every event - dinner on Wednesday an Thursday evening, Friday sandwich bar, Friday sunset catamaran cruise and dinner, Saturday brunch and the wedding itself. They organized with the caterers, audio visual people, and decorated for many of the event (every meal for GORGEOUS - Arianna make everything look amazing!). They help the guys plan a jet skiing bachelor part and helped plan other activities and events that occurred even before the wedding weekend started. They were available to us 24-7 and helped us with anything and everything that we needed. They found the most amazing place for us and our group (there were about 80 people who stayed here and anywhere from 100 to 125 people came in for each event) to stay - it was a grouping of gorgeous private villas right on the beach. They also found the company who did the dinner and cruise (super fun!) on friday and the most perfect venue for the wedding on Saturday! For the wedding itself, they found us a fabulous photographers for the wedding , transportation for our guests, an awesome DJ, a wonderful decorator and florist, a great hair and makeup team - every detail was superb! If you need kick-butt coordinators, this is the DREAM TEAM. I had the most wonderful wedding a girl could ever ask for and Runaway Bride was responsible for every minute of it!!!!

Profile Picture Allie, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination, Religious

I cannot write a review that does the job Runaway Bride did for us justice. Being New Yorkers who are used to getting anything we want when we want it there was a fear that anyone we hired wouldn't live up. Our goal was to not really think about the wedding, show up, have a fantastic time with our friends, and get married. Kimberly was fantastic in every facet of planning our marriage. She interfaced with the venues, suggested vendors (every single one was top notch), organized the rehearsal dinner and transportation, managed the drama, ran the entire weekend's festivities, and absolutely crushed it. She is a professional in every sense of the word. Impeccable taste, always well prepared, fluent in Spanish, extremely organized, and well informed are what you can expect with her. Really we cannot be happier with the job she did as we let her run with everything and had 0 doubt that things were getting done and getting done well. Her and the team (Ariana and Alessio are amazing) went consistently above and beyond the admittedly high bar we'd set. The cherry on top was discovering Kimberly is a truly decent human being who orchestrated a beautiful memory for us in Mexico. Do yourself a favor, spend the money, remove all stress, and just have a great time knowing that Kimberly and the team are running a tight ship.

Profile Picture Matthew, 2/21/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Destination, Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

I cannot stress this enough- hands down the BEST wedding planner ever. I couldn't have been more at ease with this entire process. Kimberly is a total rockstar and she has a fabulous team that helps her as well. I'm quite picky and hands on, yet she knew exactly how to make me feel comfortable. All the details were covered. Not only is she worth every penny, but I would go thru this all over again the same way if I knew I had her by my side. Love her! Meeting her was the best gift I was given.

Profile Picture karen, 11/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination

Kimberly helped plan our beautiful wedding in Cuernavaca, Mexico in April of 2008. It was so helpful to have someone who is so knowledgeable not only in detailed wedding planning (cake, music, photography, flowers, site selection, etc.) but also someone bilingual who could easily communicate with everyone involved in the process. I felt like she was able to fully explain the details of exactly what we wanted so everything was perfect for our special day. She was also great at keeping things within our budget but still very tasteful and elegant. One of my favorite things was how she planned activities for our guests on the day before the event so everyone got to know each other prior to the wedding. She really helped reduce the stress of planning things from the very beginning and it was a blessing to have someone available that I trusted to make decisions so I could relax and enjoy the BIG day! I would highly recommend her to plan your event. Thank you for everything Kimberly!

Profile Picture User4096561, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Travel

I found Runaway Bride just about the time I was ready to give up on my destination wedding in Mexico. The resort's wedding planner was unorganized and inefficient and I wasn't sure how all the pieces would come together. Kimberly Richmond and her team came in and immediately changed the experience of planning my wedding. Kimberly was dependable and attentive, and the end result was absolutely beautiful. My husband and I cannot thank Runaway Bride enough for their contributions to our special day.

Profile Picture Lital, 4/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Cultural, Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

We had our wedding in the Riveria Maya Mexico in March 2014. I hired Kimberly Richmond owner of RBDW and I had the most perfectly planned wedding. To this day everyone continues to tell me that my wedding was the best wedding they have ever went to and this is a direct consequence of all the hard work and meticulous planning by RBDW that allowed me to be a carefree bride and truly enjoy every moment of my wedding experience. Kimberly went above and beyond in every respect, handled every headache so I didn't have to worry about it and was the best friend you want planning your wedding. I absolutely could not have imagined my wedding to be more perfect.

Profile Picture Chezlie , 3/1/14, 1 Review