Ruffles & Tweed Reviews

44 | Bronx, NY

44 Reviews for Ruffles & Tweed

Adrienne is so great at what she does! My husband and I were planning a Hudson Valley wedding from the west coast for ~100 guests in under 5 months. I was initially skeptical we’d need a planner, but my husband pushed for it, and I am so happy he did. We spoke to Adrienne after contacting 3 other planners who all seemed to only offer “packages” despite our short timeline situation and having done most of the vendor procurement ourselves. After listening to what we needed and envisioned, she responded with a custom proposal that not only addressed our unique needs but filled in gaps we overlooked. She was wonderfully professional and pleasant to work with, while being very communicative and accessible over both email and phone. And her design ideas were beautiful – we’re still receiving compliments from guests one month after our big day! On our wedding day, she was a calming presence and definitely had everything running smoothly. Definitely glad we got a planner involved, and feeling lucky that we struck gold with Adrienne.

Sent on 11/01/2014

Teresa · Married on 07/25/2014

Adrienne and her team at Ruffles & Tweed were so wonderful in making our day a success. I was so cagey about hiring a planner for something so personal but Adrienne really treated our event as if it were her own. I don't think she ever said "no" once but was always really flexible and approached everything with an amazing attitude and spirit. My husband and I were so touched when she would tell us to not worry about a specific item or task; that it was her job to handle it even before we had to ask.

We approached R&T very close to our wedding date but they really took the ball and ran with it. Adrienne's sweetness, approachability and responsiveness put us at ease during what would have been an even more stressful time. She is the consummate professional and I would recommend her to any bride; they would be lucky to have her.

Sent on 08/19/2014

Catherine · Married on 11/01/2013

Just fabulous. I found Adrienne about a month before my wedding, when I realized that even though it was a super small affair, I needed some help on the day- of. I contacted and spoke quite a few other planners too. Adrienne stood out because she made me a priority from the very beginning. She answered the phone when I called, took the time to let me talk her through the plan so far. She asked really good questions that I hadn't even thought about. She then sent me a COMPLETELY customized proposal based on what I had told her. I really appreciated this, because my wedding was so small and family-oriented that there were a lot of planning services that we didn't really need. Other planners while well intentioned didn't take the time up front to understand my wedding, which resulted in them sending me stock packages that were completely overboard for our wedding.

Feeling confident that we were on the same page, I commissioned Adrienne and she did a super job. Totally approachable and kind, knowledgeable and flexible... there is really nothing that I would change about the whole experience.

Sent on 11/23/2013

She is fabulous: incredibly well informed, professional, helpful, flexible, communicative, unflappable, nice, and easy to work with. Her answer is most often, "yes, we can make that work."

Sent on 09/25/2013

Amelia · Married on 07/27/2013

My now husband and I were planning our wedding from across the country! My introduction to Adrienne was by chance but it proved to be the most amazing. I plan events for a living and knew that for my wedding day I'd want to have someone I completely trusted and had full faith in to take over!! Adrienne surpassed any expectation I could have had!! Her demeanor is perfect, her taste impeccable and I reccomend her with all of my heart!

Katie · Married on 06/29/2013

Wonderful weekend filled with wonderful details that really made the day!

Sent on 07/26/2013

Emily · Married on 06/22/2013

Adrienne was the perfect wedding planner. She created my dream wedding in 6 months. She knew what we wanted before we did, yet, somehow, when it was all said and done there were no surprises. I felt like I had my hands in every aspect of the wedding even though it was Adrienne who pulled it off so effortlessly. The best compliment of our wedding, which we have gotten over and over again, was how "us" the wedding was. That was all Adrienne.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Jessie · Married on 06/22/2013

Hello,
    I am a Catering Coordinator for Gourmet Galley Catering in North Stonington. I have had the pleasure of working with Adrienne on more than one occasion. Every event has been Stunning, Well Organized, and Unique. As a catering coordinator I intimately understand what is involved in the work that Adrienne does. She orchestrates all details with calm efficiency, allowing every detail to unfold smoothly and with confidence.

Planning a wedding can be a stressful time. Having a planner like Adrienne to guide you through the process, helping you create the flow and design that you want and handling all of the communication between you and your vendors, can change everything. Truly allowing the Bride and Groom to focus on their family and the beautiful commitment they are making to each other.

I look forward to working with her again in the near future.

Sincerely,
    Jessie English

Sent on 07/24/2013

valerie · Married on 06/22/2013

I had the pleasure of filming a wedding that Adrienne planned and designed. Working alongside her and her team was such a joy. They were welcoming, very accessible and so willing to answer any questions I had about the event during the event. Every element of the day moved along so smoothly which allowed my team and myself to do our work in an easygoing and professional manner.

Chuck · Married on 06/22/2013

I'm a bandleader who worked together with Adrienne of Ruffles & Tweed for this event. Adrienne was extremely friendly and courteous while conscientiously ensuring that every detail was executed flawlessly by everyone involved. Everything good, all fun, no stress, a great person to work with!

Joyce · Married on 06/22/2013

One of the best event planners that I've worked with. Friendly, organized, very creative, flexible and made the day for our bride stress free. A true pleasure to work with.

Jason · Married on 06/22/2013

I had the pleasure of working with Adrienne as the official photographer for her wedding clients this season. She was a joy to work with. Professional, courteous, calm, fun, and able to pull of a gorgeous event without a hitch. I would highly recommend her services to any bride and groom.

Sent on 08/19/2013
  • diane

diane · Married on 09/15/2012

went above and beyond the call of duty..managed to pick up a tire when my husband and I got a flat!! She is not only a great wedding planner but a terrific person.. made us feel so comfortable.. we thoroughly enjoyed our wedding day because she took care of all the details!!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Emily · Married on 08/25/2012

My mother and sister found Adrienne at a bridal fair. From her table set up they could tell she had an avant guard flair. Aside from the generic tall hydranga and lily table settings, Adrienne's was custom and had a crafty but polished flair. That is exactly what she delivered me at my party! It was PERFECT. I showed her the venue and a few pictures of my waterside restuarant and she ran with it. She helped develope all the ideas for the little extras... custom straws, shells, cucumber and lemon water pitchers outside, fishnets, everything nautical. Her ideas were all beautiful. (I had one florist who I did no use that told me I should have goldfish bowls with glitter and they could be favors at the end... not the kind of nautical I wanted for my Coast Guard wedding). She was fantastic on finding price compaires and pointing us to the best vendors for side things. Also when we choose our main vendors for the music and floweres, she was a GREAT neogiator. We could not have done it with out her.

Sent on 06/26/2013

Adrienne was a miracle! It was such a breeze planning my wedding having her help and knowing she'd be there for any bumps along the road. My husband and I could rest assured knowing that she understood exactly what we wanted our wedding to be. Adrienne was also amazing at responding quickly to my bridezilla requests, many of which came last minute and after I'd already changed my mind a thousand times before. Her patience and kindness really helped me stay sane, and all of her hard work resulted in a perfect day for us. Adrienne has everything a bride can ask for in a wedding planner!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Anna · Married on 09/17/2011

I so enjoyed working with Adrienne on the coast of CT on a gorgeous wedding on a private island (Ruffles & Tweed is the exclusive coordinator for this one-of-a-kind wedding location). A wedding filled with glorious style and detail, spread over a huge forty-acre island? No problem, Adrienne and her staff had it well in hand, cool as cucumbers. As a photographer, the coordinator who will work with you to make sure you are ready to do the best possible job for your mutual client is like gold--and that's Adrienne!

Sent on 01/03/2013

Rachel · Married on 09/07/2013

Adrienne is the BEST. She is calm, thoughtful, attentive and really amazing at navigating through the different people/opinions/and demands from all angles that any wedding involves. In particular, she could not be better at responding to and being supportive of both mother and daughter, even if they aren't communicating well themselves.

I truly don't think my wedding and the planning of it would have been nearly as doable without Adrienne there. She helped with EVERYTHING, which was incredibly stress relieving and enabled me to actually enjoy my 'big weekend' when the time came. Her help, support and focus was indispensable. Heroic, really. In fact, that's how my mother described her more than once.

Initially, having never planned a wedding before, we weren't sure if it was a good idea to get a wedding planner involved or not. Without her, however, it would have been a case of the blind leading the blind. Planning a wedding is HARD, stressful, exhausting and very time consuming (and awesome and fun and an amazing experience) - without Adrienne I can't even imagine how it all would have turned out. She is worth every single penny and more. Like probably twice at much, at least. Above all - the most important thing you can do for your own wedding is get Adrienne involved. She'll make sure everything else is taken care of. I don't know what we would have done without her.

Also - it should be mentioned that I am actually a very organized, thoughtful and efficient person. So if I ( a very type-A person) couldn't have done it without her, I can only imagine how crazy to would be for someone who isn't as type-A to plan a wedding without her.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Amy · Married on 09/17/2011

Adrienne was completely creative, attentive and thorough throughout the entire planning process. She had great ideas and was totally resourceful. She helped us manage an inordinate number of details since we got married on an island where we had to bring in every last thing (down to the guy who built a set of wooden stairs leading to the bed of an antique truck and another guy who came to spray for bugs!) She was meticulous but at the same time completely relaxed and such a nice, warm person to work with during some (occasionally!) stressful times.

Sent on 12/05/2012

2.6
      2.5
      2.0
      3.0
      2.0

good when given specific tasks, however, did not take enough initiative

Sent on 11/19/2012

Ruffles & Tweed's reply:

I feel awful that "Anonymous" thought I didn't show enough initiative and I'm not exactly sure what that is referring to. I was hired for "day of" coordination, which includes limited services leading up to the event and on the day of the event. I always go above and beyond no matter what I am hired for, but it seems like she would have benefited from one of my full service planning programs if she was interested in more than just "day of" services.