Rudy's Pastry Shop Reviews

Rudy's Pastry Shop 1
Rudy's Pastry Shop 2
Rudy's Pastry Shop 3
Rudy's Pastry Shop 4

Our cake was part of our package at the Stone House. We were given a few bakeries to choose from and Rudy's blew all of them out of the water!!

The cake was beautiful and tasted AMAZING. They were very easy to work with, the staff was so sweet to us (lol) and everything turned out just like we wanted.

Would definitely recommend Rudy's to anyone!!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Rudy's Pastry Shop's reply:

We are so glad you enjoyed your cake. It was great working with you!

Karen · Married on 08/06/2016

Rudy's was the perfect baker for our wedding. We wanted pie & cheesecake, instead of cake, and they delivered. We were able to mix & match pie filling, as well as have the pies pre-cut for ease of service. Everything was delicious and my guests raved about the dessert.

Sent on 08/12/2016

Val · Married on 10/11/2014

Rudy's was really wonderful to work with for my wedding cake! I was a destination bride (from Texas to New Jersey) and they worked with me via email, pictures, and phone to deliver a beautiful cake. I was so surprised at how beautiful our cake turned out as the design was virtually a surprise to us. And I also surprised my groom with an Army Ranger grooms cake last minute and asked for a very specific insignia on the cake and the design was PERFECT. We were very happy with our experience with Rudy's, not to mention both cakes were DELICIOUS!

Sent on 11/16/2014
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 07/07/2012

Working with Rudy's through our venue (Stone House at Stirling Ridge) was wonderful! We met with Peggy for our tasting & consultation. It was a fun, easy process. We brought a photo of an idea for our cake and they let us know they'd be able to do it with no problem. The day of our wedding, our cake was beautiful! It tasted great & it visually fit so nicely with the rest of our wedding. We were very pleased with our experience with Rudy's!

Sent on 08/06/2012

I used Rudy's bakery for my wedding cake and it turned out absolutely fabulous! The day we met to have our tasting and design the cake was one of he most fun wedding tasks that we had to complete. They offered to make three custom cake samples for us but we were so torn that we inquired about their opinion on four different flavors and they ended up making all of them for us, no questions asked. The very unique cake design that we found on Pinterest and brought in with us for inspiration actually turned out to be a cake from Rudy's! What are the chances!? We knew right then that we could totally trust them without any worries. After the tasting we couldn't choose between two flavors of cake so they offered to alternate the flavors between tiers which was such a good idea, our guests were really liking being able to have two different slices! The cake turned out beautiful and I am still getting compliments about it a month after the wedding. Next time I need a cake I know who I will be using!

Sent on 12/01/2015

lisa · Married on 04/11/2015

We used Rudy's Pastry Shop for our wedding cake April 2015 & we are so happy we did! Not only did the cake come out better than we could have expected, but the tasting was delicious! They gave us 3 cakes to take home and share with our friends & family. I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 04/20/2015

lauren · Married on 10/27/2012

3.5

After a quick meeting with Rudy's Bakery we were confident that the end result would be up to our bakery standards .. and it was! The carrot cake option is the one to pick!

Sent on 11/25/2012

Megan · Married on 06/03/2017

My wedding cake was beautiful. Extraordinarily blue and silver and chocolate, as requested. You can trust them, they get it. Just the tasting is worth your time - very well done (they made me three kinds of chocolate-on-chocolate) and no pressure at all.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Rudy's Pastry Shop's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your cake as much as we enjoyed making it.

Sara Belgiovine Capone · Married on 11/18/2018

Someone Else’s Cake

We chose Rudy’s because they were one of the options through our catering hall. This turned out to be a big mistake. I called months prior to order my cake, as I was instructed to do. A few days before my wedding I had a gut feeling telling me to follow up with them, so I called to make sure everything was in line for my wedding cake. When I told them the date, the person on the other end of the line said oh yes Amanda, right? And I said no... Sara. She then seemed very flustered and put me on hold for a long time before returning to assure me she found my order. I am not sure what would have happened if we I had not called.

After this I was sure everything would be fine, but I was wrong. On my wedding day I entered the room to see a cake that did not look like the one I ordered. I figured it was just a misunderstanding. When my cake was cut, though, I realized that I had received the wrong cake entirely. I ordered a funfetti cake (who doesn’t love a funfetti cake?) but I received someone else’s carrot cake. This was pretty disappointing considering all people seem to fall into one of two categories when it comes to carrot cake- love it or absolutely hate it. I was so excited about my funfetti cake and now I feel like I have to explain myself to all my carrot cake hating guests- I swear I didn’t order that!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Sara,
    We want to offer our deepest apology to you and Dominick, including your family and friends for this error with your cake.
    It is our understanding we had multiple cakes delivered to the venue for multiple events for this particular weekend. Your cake and another wedding cake were very similar in design and look. Once the cakes are delivered and have been received and signed for by the venue, we no longer have control of what happens with them. It is our belief the two cakes were accidentally switched and another couple received your funfetti cake. We would like to offer you a small funfetti cake if you are interested.
    We cannot apologize to both you and Dominick enough for this error. We wish there was some way we could make this right for the both of you. Please let us know if there is something we can do for you in the future. We wish the best for you and Dominick on your future together!
    Rudy's Pastry Shop