90 Reviews for RSVP Catering

BBQ (1)
Latin American (1)
Southwestern (1)
Specialty Wine (1)

Working with Abbey was just amazing. My guests continued to tell me how amazing everything was and how much they loved the food. They do much more than just the food. From picking out the perfect chairs, tablecloths and setting up all my display tables and bar. Abbey coordinated a significant amount of my event. She was so responsive to my emails and paid very close attention to detail to bring my vision to life. I will miss her lol! The servers were attentive, polite and looked very well dressed. Five stars for me! Not to mention they have very VERY reasonable pricing compared to others out there.

Profile Picture Marisa, 7/14/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Italian, Southern, Chairs, Tables, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Premium Liquor

Our experience with RSVP was great! Our main point of contact was Casey, and she was incredibly responsive, friendly, helpful and a pleasure to work with. And of course most importantly, the food was amazing! I really felt like it went above and beyond typical wedding food - instead, the meals looked and tasted more like something you would eat in a restaurant. And the hors d'oeuvres were amazing - the perfect combination of casual/whimsical and delicious and classic. The team was incredibly accommodating of some food allergies we needed to be mindful of, and they created an amazing dairy-free cake and made nut-free accommodations to the dishes we wanted on our menu. It's a small thing, but they also gave us language we could pass along to our guests with allergies to accurately convey what they could and could not promise re: cross-contamination, which I really appreciated.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/23/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Bartender(s), Chairs, Tables, Lactose Free, Nut Free

We used RSVP catering for our wedding at Arena Stage in DC. Our coordinator was Casey Gardella, who was professional and prompt in returning all of our emails. RSVP Catering was beyond helpful. We didn't have much decorations; it was mostly limited to pretty simple ceterpieces. Our wedding planner wanted us to hire a decorator, but that would have cost us thousands. I asked Casey if RSVP would just set the centerpieces (vases) out on the tables, and she said they could even put out more elaborate pieces if we gave them a picture of what we wanted them to look like. A friend of ours ultimately ended up setting up the centerpieces, but I thought it was really nice of RSVP to offer! They were also very accomodating with desserts. We brought in some inexpensive Costco sheet cakes and they plated things up very nicely.

For linens/plates/chairs...honestly, we didn't care at all. We went with the standard settings. Everything looked lovely. Our colors were pink and green, and I was a little worried things would look garish with pink/green tablecloths, but it all turned out bright and cheery--just what we were going for.

Food: I liked the hors d'oeuvres best, honestly. The crab cakes were amazing. I think we could have skipped the cheese plate. The beef was good but a little on the small side; I think the best value was the chicken. We chose a quinoa cake as our vegetarian option, and it was delicious! RSVP also provided Kosher meals (but not hors d'oevres). Our guests that keep kosher were very happy!

Regarding bar service, I've had multiple people tell me it was the best service they've ever seen at a wedding. My biggest complaint was that they did such a good job of refilling people's drinks that hardly anyone went up to the actual bar, which made them miss the dessert table! Not much of a complaint!

I doubt that I will ever need the services of a large scale caterer again, but I wouldn't hestitate to hire RSVP in the future. They were great!

Profile Picture Candice, 6/2/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Plated, Gluten Free, Kosher, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, American, Seafood, Chairs, Tables

RSVP, and specifically Abbey Lupien, were fantastic. They were accommodating, flexible, and knowledgeable. They made recommendations on what they’ve experienced, but weren’t pushy. They food was fantastic and all of my guests enjoyed it!

Profile Picture Anna, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Party Supplies, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Asian, Italian, Latin American, Mediterranean, Seafood, Southern, Buffet, Cake, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres

We hired RSVP for our January wedding and they were wonderful. We got compliments from our guests all night long on how great the food was. We worked with Maura Ward, who was absolutely fabulous! She was very professional, answered emails promptly, and was made the whole process easy. Most importantly she took special care to make sure that my husband and I were well taken care of on the big day! We highly recommend them for any catering needs!

Profile Picture Kate, 1/13/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake

You can stop your search now and hire RSVP right now!

RSVP was amazing from the start. I sent 10 quote requests for caterers. RSVP was quick to respond and tweaked my quote if I wanted changes or had questions. My husband and I went to 4 different tastings for our caterer. It was down to RSVP and another company, but I felt so much more comfortable with RSVP. They were industry savvy and I just knew I could trust them.

My husband and I's schedule never synced with RSVPs open house, so RSVP let us come to a one-on-one session before coming to their open house. We meet with Casey and she is THE BEST!!! SUPER responsive to e-mails and ALWAYS had a smile on her face. WE LOVE CASEY!

At the wedding, we left some decorations and some of those decorations were the table numbers. My mom mentioned this to Casey at RSVP, and she told the venue and had the venue print us off table numbers 45 mins before the ceremony started. During dinner, Casey was making sure the bridal party and our parents were well taken care of. She bent over backwards to make sure everything was running smoothly.

Besides gushing over Casey, the food was SO GOOD! Usually wedding food is average at best, but man I wish I could order food from them regularly!!! The staff were great and by far, RSVP was the best vendor we hired!!!

Profile Picture Abby, 12/29/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, American, Seafood, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol

RSVP was spot on during every step of the wedding planning process and Abbey was a dream come true! I requested quotes from 3 caterers including RSVP, and Abbey was the only POC to return a quote and sample menu with green bean casserole, which I had specifically requested. Abbey was flexible and accommodating when I made requests and the food were perfect and everyone loved our signature cocktail of spiked eggnog. Thank you to Abbey and her team for making my day memorable and seamless!

Profile Picture Hayley, 12/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cake, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Chairs, Tables, American

Both the food and service for our wedding catering was perfection from start to finish. RSVP Catering really nailed what we wanted out of our catering and we couldn't have have been happier. Thank you for Maura and the entire team for all of your hard work. Brides to be: you'd be silly not to hire these people! They're the best!

Profile Picture Leigh, 10/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Abbey and the team at RSVP absolutely exceeded our expectations for our wedding day. Abbey took the time to work with us on our menu to ensure that we had an incredible meal that worked within our budget. She also went above and beyond to provide additional equipment for us, such as pipe and drape, donut display items, etc. She found the perfect linens for our color scheme and executed the day of our wedding flawlessly. The food was just as good as we remembered from our tasting and guests were very impressed with the food and quality of service! I would recommend Abbey and RSVP to anyone planning a special event!

Profile Picture User1496997, Recently Married, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American

RSVP catering provided our cake for our wedding and it was perfect. We went to several bakeries and tasting and none were as good at the salted caramel cake we tried at RSVP. Abbey was so easy to work with, so responsive and flexible. I sent a picture of what we were thinking and a couple of changes and it turned out as exactly as I had pictures. We loved it!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/19/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Cake

RSVP was one of the six caterers our venue allowed for weddings, and we are so happy to have had them cater our wedding! Our guests are still raving about the food, and some have even said it was the best wedding food they've ever had! Maura Ward was our event manager, and she was a wonderful resource during the planning process, always calm, helpful, organized and willing to answer all of my questions. They even provided me with gluten-free waffles and crackers so I could enjoy all of the food selections. You won't regret hiring RSVP for your wedding!

Profile Picture Kathy, 7/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, BBQ, Seafood, Southern, Southwestern, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Cake, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations

I can't say enough wonderful things about RSVP Catering. They made every part of our wedding smooth and easy with their organization and communication. They took care of our guests with dietary restrictions like gluten allergies, they made special plates for those with mobility issues, and made a to-go box for our friend observing Ramadan. Best of all, they ensured we had time to eat by bringing us hors d'oeuvres and cocktails after the ceremony, and by serving us dinner at our sweetheart table so we didn't get stuck in the buffet line. Our guests are still telling us how wonderful the food tasted and how lovely the staff were. Thank you, RSVP Catering!

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, American, Gluten Free, Vegetarian

So happy we had the opportunity to work with RSVP for our wedding. Abbey is an absolute gem - she's one of the most responsive vendors I worked with and works hard to make your wedding vision come to life. I can't say enough positive things!

Profile Picture Jasmine, 5/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

RSVP Catering was amazing! My wedding planner recommended them, and I am so happy we chose to go with them. Delicious food was brought around during our happy hour, and the staff was all so professional. The bar tenders that they hired were great as well, very professional, I loved not having to worry about anything, they took care of it! I cant recommend RSVP enough, they helped make my dream wedding a reality!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/6/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Open Bar, Signature Drink, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Chairs, Tables

We are so happy that we chose RSVP catering for our wedding! Our venue offered us five catering options and I requested quotes from all - RSVP catering was the ONLY one to provide me a detailed quote that included all the elements I wanted for the event. Maura handled our event and was wonderfully responsive throughout the whole process. She didn't bat an eye when we made several changes to the menu after our tasting and additions to our booking in the months leading up to the big day. For us, good food was a big priority - we've been to weddings where the hot food wasn't even warm and the buffet kept running out because the serving containers were so small (and the staging area was far away) - Maura understood my desire for tasty, hot, and a lot of food for guests. We were so excited when our plates tasted just as good as we remembered from the personal tasting we did. We received many compliments! The buffet was also set up very beautifully, which was an added bonus. I also consider RSVP catering to be a GREAT value. We had pre-ceremony drinks, four passed appetizers, a dessert cheese display, and a full buffet for 150 people in the DC Metro area for $13,000. Believe me when I say that it far surpassed the other quotes I got for value. The only issue we had was a miscommunication about the pre-ceremony drinks. We were planning a "winter" wedding for Feb but got surprised with 70 degrees! So we had planned on mulled wine and hot cocoa, but our caterer asked the groom if he'd prefer a cold drink option instead. He said yes, assuming they'd replace the wine with a sangria or something, but instead they replaced it with a non-alcoholic cider. After I found that out, I was bummed because I am a huge fan of having an alcoholic beverage option as a pre-ceremony treat. Just something to keep in mind if you are planning a wedding in a season with variable weather.

Profile Picture Tawnya, 2/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

We are so incredibly pleased with RSVP catering for our wedding day! It really started from the beginning of the process in choosing a caterer. RSVP was one of the only catering companies that allowed us a preview tasting (they hold one once a month for prospective clients) before signing a contract. Well, their food and service at that tasting won us over—Megan was warm and welcoming, answered questions thoroughly, and clearly had a strong understanding of both food and the needs of catering to a large wedding. We enjoyed working with her to customize the menu. As foodies, we loved the variety RSVP offered and that the chefs were open to playing with flavors and concepts to create new dishes. Along with our final tasting, Megan also attended the final walk through at our venue, which was reassuring knowing that she'd be well aware of the day's schedule and coordinate her wonderful staff accordingly. The food at the wedding was fantastic, and just as delicious as it had been at the tastings. We received many compliments on the food at cocktail hour and dinner from our wedding. Megan also arranged for a few of the cocktail hour apps to be put aside in a room for us after the ceremony so that we would have a chance to eat before joining our guests at cocktail hour. During the dinner service, the waiters were attentive to all of our guests, and it felt like there was a special person assigned to make sure that we, and our parents, had everything we needed. Megan and her team were also instrumental in setting up the reception space, which included a very fast turn over from the ceremony to the party. While we're sure it was a lot of work on their part, she and her team had nothing but smiles on their faces in front of us and our guests and made the evening stress-free! I can't say enough about the level of service from RSVP and how delicious the food was!

Profile Picture Allyson, 12/10/16, 14 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: House Beer, House Liquor, Premium Liquor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Vegetarian, American, Asian, Italian, Mediterranean

My husband and I used RSVP Catering for our wedding and could not have been happier. First, we worked with Megan and Meagan and their team and they planning process was so wonderful! Such creative and exciting ideas. Then, at the wedding, the guests were blown away by the food quality and the presentation. We had about 220 guests and each of them felt like they were having food at a MUCH smaller event. Everything they ate and drank was wonderful!! We couldn't have been happier and can't wait to recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture Roger, 11/26/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Emily and Martha and their team at RSVP catering were absolutely fabulous full service caterers. They sourced our tent and rentals and flowers, operating as co-wedding planners with us throughout the process. I honestly can't say enough good things about them and know that we'll be using them for all of our catering needs for the rest of our lives!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/1/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Cocktail Reception, Stations, Champagne Toast, House Beer, Premium Liquor

As "foodies" we are so glad that we chose RSVP catering for our wedding! Our guests still comment about how fabulous the food was at our wedding. Everything was plated with extra care, and fit today's wedding trends. RSVP was very accommodating for our guests who had special dietary restrictions as well. From the moment we started contact with them, the staff at RSVP was attentive and was more than willing to help us make our dream wedding possible. They took great care of us the day of the event and met us with food and beverages instantly after the ceremony and right away at dinner so we were able to greet our guests - and this service continued all night long. They also took great care of our family and wedding party with food and beverages during the lengthy photography session. Most importantly, they were on time with our schedule and their coordinators at the event were phenomenal. I highly recommend this catering company for any event that you are considering!

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/21/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Hors d'oeuvres, American, Asian, Italian, Southern, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

I love working with RSVP. I could not be more pleased with my event manager Marsha and her assistant Abby. They are very responsive, worked with the budget I had and always exceed my expectations. I worked with them professionally so I am super excited that now I get to work with them on my wedding. I highly recommend RSVP not only for their customer service but also for the divine food and presentation experience you and your guests will receive.

Profile Picture User5145033, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Vegetarian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, American

We hired RSVP for our daughters wedding at the Winery at Bull Run. I wish I could give them a 5+++ rating. They were amazing! The food was to die for it was so good. It was fresh and tasty, It didn't stop there. Their presentation was spectacular and their service very, very professional! We had three plated entrees for guests to chose from and each one was great. I received numerous compliments on all the food that was served. Marla was my contact person and she was absolutely the best. She helped me with a year of planning. She was patient, caring, kind, considerate and professional. I was comfortable and confident in choosing RSVP and Marla truly had our best interest in mind for all decisions that were made.. The company had an open tasting and then we had a specific tasting of the food we picked. They were open to any accommodations/changes we requested. I can't say enough about RSVP. If I lived in the area I would have then cater all my parties! Thank you RSVP for a memorable event!

Profile Picture User4898192, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

RSVP has my full endorsement. Marla and the RSVP team did such a great job presenting to us, winning our business and delivering on their promise. They worked seamlessly with the venue and our other vendors to provide fantastic service all night long. The staff was friendly, well mannered and professional. My wife and were made to feel like priorities. Marla ran a well oiled team that, provided great food, ensured glasses stayed full and graciously cleaned up a mess or two. Thank you RSVP for all you hard work and your delicious food. We had a blast!

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 11/28/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres

Marsha and her team were wonderful!!! Marsha was always super responsive to any emails we sent. She also went above and beyond helping us plan our menu. I don't know how many times we changed our minds on the menu, but every time we did she was more than happy to accommodate and never seemed put out. Marsha not only handled our food, but provided our tables, chairs, linens, table settings and arranged for a coffee bar. Also, the food is amazing!!! We are still getting rave reviews on how good the food was. I highly recommend hiring Marsha and RSVP!!!

Profile Picture Chris, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Champagne Toast

We cannot say enough good things about RSVP. They were instrumental in making our wedding perfect-- and I'm not exaggerating. Everything went so smoothly that it is unbelievable. RSVP contributed to this in the following ways:
-Our representatives were responsive, respectful, calm, informative, and extraordinarily helpful throughout the process. They made me feel like I had everything completely under control when I was otherwise very stressed. They answered all of our many, many questions and made suggestions that I never would have thought of (e.g. getting 10-hour candles instead of the little votives we had planned to use; adjustments to the dishes in accordance with our vague concerns; types of linens; placement of tables...).
-The service staff at the wedding was the most impressive I've seen, and all of our guests commented on how attentive the staff was without being intrusive. It was white-glove service for a demanding group, all of whom were blown away.
-The food was insanely delicious as well as creative, special, and memorable. This wasn't your dry chicken breast and limp vegetables you get at every wedding; this was exciting, interesting, and, to quote my aunt who works in the food business, "luscious." I will be thinking about the maple-glazed pork belly for years (and I don't even like pork).
-The value was clear. We considered several caterers and RSVP offered everything we needed (food, alcohol, and rentals) at an excellent price.
I have never planned an event like this before (which I assume is pretty common for brides!) and I could not have done it without RSVP.

Profile Picture Caity, 10/17/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, American, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine