RPM Entertainment Reviews

124 | Montpelier, VT

124 Reviews for RPM Entertainment

Richard and RPM Entertainment is INCREDIBLE. We had folks telling us it was the best wedding EVER. We will most certainly use him in any future event.

Sent on 04/21/2014

Marnie · Married on 04/19/2014

My son was married on the Spirit of Ethan Allen this weekend and the only thing better than the view was the music. Richard did an incredible jos pairing the music with the event. I would recommend his services to anyone who asks.

Sent on 04/21/2014

Mandy · Married on 04/12/2014

Such great energy ! Got the entire crowd involved. Very professional a huge help during the planning process.

Sent on 04/13/2014
  • Tasha-n-Adam

Tasha · Married on 03/15/2014

RPM Entertainment is phenomenal. I would recommend this company to anyone having a upcoming wedding or event! Richard was so kind to not only do music for my reception, but also did the music for my ceremony!!! He also helped me prepare for the wedding ceremony & reception by providing an easy to follow timeline/flow sheet for each event. This time line helped keep me, my wedding party & my guests on time! Richard also responded to my MANY questions within the hour. He was kind enough to give his advice and suggestions whenever asked, as well as help me make decisions on what decor would match the light systems. Richard is very prompt, honest and courteous of a bride/grooms needs. His price not only included help with preparation, but music and lighting. He was worth every cent! Every single guest at my wedding ceremony & reception complemented me on choosing Richard for our DJ... he was so much fun, had high energy and really took the time to understand my spouse & I so that he could personalize his service to our personalities & guests. He respected every request I had made prior and followed our agreement to perfection. He has high quality sound systems, exceptional knowledge of all types of music (he mixed old 1950's songs flawlessly with new 2014 songs) and his lighting system is top notch. What was really special was that he took the time to get an amazing lighting set up for my venue. He was able to match the light color to my wedding colors, as well as order a specialized monogram that lit up the wall. What was even more special was he found an exceptional backdrop of a forest scene to match my rustic/love bird/woodsy theme of the reception hall. I couldn't have asked for better service. He is a true blessing for any bride/groom.

Leah · event on: 02/08/2014

Richard DJ'd a 35 th birthday party for us. He was extremely responsive leading up to the date and was flexible and gracious about setting up in somewhat cramped circumstances. He was so much fun as we danced the night away. I highly reccommend him.

Sent on 01/08/2015

debbie · event on: 02/06/2014

Richard of RPM Entertainment was the DJ for a party that I provided for a ski racing club, of which I am the social chair person. We have a diverse membership but most of us are over 50 years of age and some of us are even in our 70's and 80's . I requested that Richard plan music of the 50's,60' and 70's for our party. He said that that would be no problem. When our party began everyone was ready to go and Richard began his show! Everyone started to dance and no one stopped (except to have a bite to eat) until last call. Richard provided us with a full night of great entertainment with wonderful music while taking special requests all night through. Prior to our party Richard was available to me via email whenever I had a question or needed some advise about equipment, set up, time, etc. He was pleasant , punctual, and great to work with. He was also very economical. I really would recommend him to anyone who is having any type of event, and I am definitely planning on inviting him back for our party next year. Debbie Koch Sugarbush Ski Racing Club

Katrina · Married on 01/03/2014

Richard with RPM Entertainment was the best! I totally recommend him to all of you! All of our guests were saying it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding. He even got my mom (and all of the grandparents) to dance and I've never seen that in my life!

tina · event on: 11/23/2013

Richard was amazing and everyone had a great time even through the snow storm... he made my daughter's sweet 16 one she will never forget... amazing time and a fun atmosphere when he did tue party. ..

Sent on 04/24/2014

Hannah · Married on 11/02/2013

RPM Entertainment was a perfect fit for our wedding! Richard was extremely professional, accommodating, and engaging. Our guests had a BLAST during the reception participating in air guitar competitions to singing along to Journey! We left the fate of our wedding and it's success in Richard's hands, and what a good decision that was. As the Bride and Groom, you want to be able to enjoy your own wedding as much as your guests. Richard allowed us to do so. I would highly recommend RPM for any event! You can't go wrong!!

Tammy · event on: 09/14/2013

"Our recent Company cruise on beautiful Lake Champlain was a huge success in large part because of the services provided by RPM Entertainment. Richard played just the right mix of music to get everyone dancing and having a great time! I heard from several co-workers that they thought this was one of the best events they have been to. Thanks, Richard, for ensuring that everyone had a great time! You’re high energy show was a big hit!"

Erin · Married on 09/07/2013

Hiring RPM Entertainment was the first and best decision we made while planning our wedding. We actually ended up choosing our date based around his availability. Prior to getting engaged, we'd been to a couple of events where Richard been the DJ and knew without the shadow of a doubt that we wanted him for our event. Beyond just playing a fantastic mix of music (which he did), Richard helped us design the layout of our reception space (I didn't even know where to START with this and he provided me with ideas that I never would have come up with), led us through constructing our reception timeline, pointed me in the right direction for other vendors when I was at a total loss (hairdresser, decor), and "uplit" our reception space beautifully creating the perfect ambiance. Furthermore, Richard has the greatest, most charismatic personality. I've attended weddings where the music is fine, but the DJ just sits behind a booth. This is NOT Richard's style! He engages the crowd and gets everyone off their butts and on the dance floor. A particularly fun moment at our wedding was when he led an air guitar competition. We have some great pictures of everyone gathered in a large circle with huge smiles on their faces. Priceless!! I also have to complement Richard's responsiveness during the planning process. He was there whenever I e-mailed and was completely open to all my ideas. The one thing I had really specific ideas on was music. I recall sending long e-mails of song requests for different portions of the evening that I'd been constructing in my mind and on paper for months. Richard was game for it all and always got back to me incredibly fast. He also knew what music to mix in to make EVERYONE happy... stuff I wouldn't have even thought to request. I truly could go on and on and on, but I'll leave it at this: do yourself and your guests a favor and hire RPM Entertainment! Even if it means choosing your wedding date based around his availability :)

Danielle · Married on 08/24/2013

Why are there not 10 stars on this form? Seriously, RPM Entertainment MADE my wedding. When thinking about my wedding, the number one thing that I wanted was for people to have fun. I think people often lean towards bands over DJs because they are more interactive and entertaining. However, you sometimes compromise the music covered based on the style of the band. With RPM you get it ALL.

On the day of my wedding we had a beautiful ceremony on top of the hill at the 1824 House in Waitsfield. As we returned for the cocktail hour my wedding day butterflies were still pretty active and I was feeling the weight of entertaining my guests over the hours ahead. However, the moment I heard Richard's voice over the speakers I breathed a sigh of relief. Our guests were immediately enthralled with him. He got everyone out on the dance floor with his energy and mix of music that appealed to all ages. How many songs do you love to sing to, but aren't necessarily dance songs? Richard would come out in the audience, and my guests were singing into his mic and playing air guitar along with him. It seriously became turned into talent show, a dance off and more than anything.... and AMAZING wedding!!

The next day all any one could talk about, with their raspy voices horse from singing, was our DJ. When is the last time you heard people rave about a DJ at a wedding??

Beyond the music and entertainment, Richard was great to work with during the planning. He was extremely responsive, and always open to suggestions. The day before I was making changes (which he probably doesn't want to encourage), but he acted like it was nothing at all. Everything went off without a hitch. He also has many lighting features available to further enhance your venue. Do yourself a favor and hire RPM for your event, you will not regret!!

Sent on 08/27/2013

brion · Married on 08/10/2013

"Richard, I cannot thank you enough for making my daughters special day a day to remember!!!! Not only do you know how to get a party started, you know how to keep the house rocking!!!! Your high energy, unsurpassed music library and incomparable style makes for the best entertainment experience ever!!! What more can I say but, Richard you ROCK!!! Thank You!!"

Sharon · event on: 06/09/2013

Richard is the best DJ! No matter the setting (I’ve seen him work at a wedding, a large community event and at my own graduation party), he is a master not only at reading his audience but also interacting with them to ensure that everyone has a great time. He takes the time to work with his clients to provide whatever they need and will do his best to be sure everything runs smoothly. Richard, words really can’t express how truly talented you are. Thank you for making my day perfect!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Richard did an awesome job at our wedding! He was very easy to deal with from initial contact all the way to the event and answered any questions we had very quickly. Our venue even commented on how great he is to work with. Everyone at our reception had a blast and we got so many comments about how good the music was. I can't remember the last wedding I've been to that had that many people on the dance floor all night. I won't hesitate to recommend RPM to anyone I know. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 05/13/2014

I cannot say enough good things about RPM Entertainment. Our DJ was organized and made sure that everything ran perfectly so I could enjoy the event and I didn't have to worry about a thing! Not only was he incredibly professional, but he was a very personable guy who made the wedding fun. He managed to get everybody dancing without being pushy or annoying like I've often seen DJs be at other weddings. All of my guests loved him! I'd even go so far as to say that he was the best part of our wedding!

In addition, I had a very detailed list of songs that I wanted to play and when to play them. He followed my instructions exactly while still incorporating requests and his own picks based on the crowd and his experience.

I highly recommend RPM Entertainment. He will be the DJ at my friend's wedding in September and I cannot wait to see him again!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/04/2013

Richard did an amazing job making our wedding fun and memorable. He was professional, courteous, prompt and hardworking. He arrived early in the day to allow plenty of time for setting up. He provided outdoor microphones for our ceremony, music for cocktail hour/dinner, microphones for the toasts and music for the reception. Along with this, he also tastefully integrated his equipment into the reception space. He met with us prior to the event to get to know the space and our taste. He provided a range of music that allowed for a seamless flow and transition from cocktail hour and dinner to the reception. During the reception he got everyone, including friends and family who NEVER dance onto the floor and having fun. He was great at reading the crowd and tailoring singalongs and a hilarious air guitar battle that kept everyone on the dance floor the whole night. RPM Entertainment was the best choice we made for our wedding and we thank Richard for being a part of our day, it wouldn't have been the same without him.

Sent on 04/26/2014

Jen · Married on 03/10/2013

We hired RPM for our wedding day and are so thankful we did!! Richard is professional, fun, energetic, and absolutely terrific! Anyone thinking of having any kind of event should hire Richard, no question! I am truly thankful that I did because my wedding day was more special because of him ♥.

Jeb · event on: 02/02/2013

Richard is one of those amazing individuals that gives more to help people and communities than can possibly be measured. The Moretown Town Hall lost all their kitchen items during tropical storm Irene and my neighbors wanted to raise money to replace them. Richard donated his DJing services. He came out with a trailer filled with laser lights, ceiling and wall lights and an amazing sound system to deliver an event that everyone loved. Kids and adults alike took to the dance floor with delight.

Sent on 04/14/2014

RPM Entertainment exceeded our expectations when they provided lighting and DJ services for our wedding reception. Richard arrived on time and quickly transformed our venue with a variety of uplighting, spots, and our wedding logo in the form of a "gobo". We actually had one of the venue employees exclaim how excited he was to work our reception that night because of how cool the lighting was.

As great as the lighting was, Richard really shined during the reception. He emceed the introductions and worked the crowd on the dance floor. His interactions with the crowd prompted at least one engaged couple to ask us for his number.

Having spent over a year planning our special day, out of all the other DJ's we considered, RPM Entertainment had the equipment, the talent, and the experience to bring our reception vision to reality, and we certainly recommend RPM Entertainment for your special day!

Sent on 01/11/2013

Danielle · Married on 11/10/2012

Adam and I cannot express how great your services were the evening of our wedding. The group all raved about how great you were and we all had a great time. Thank you for making our special evening a blast.

PJ · Married on 08/25/2012

Just wanted to take a second and send a big shout out there to Richard at RPM Entertainment. You Rock! ... You were the right/only one for us. I've been to many a wedding/school dance/etc... and I can say without a doubt, the services you provided were the most professional, talented, spot on I've ever seen. You made us feel at ease and kept the flow of the day going smoothly. From the bottom of our hearts thank you! Couldn't recommend you more.

Megan · Married on 08/05/2012

Dear Richard, thank you for DJ'ing our wedding & keeping the party going! The energy you provided, as well as working in songs that are important to us, was invaluable to our night. Everyone had so much fun dancing & singing all night!...We had a blast! Thank you so much. Our day wouldn't have been as amazing without you there to keep the party rockin'!

Naomi · Married on 08/08/2015

RPM entertainment was great to work with! Richard took care of all the details and made sure everything ran smoothly on our wedding day. The celebration couldn't have been better. Everyone had a fantastic time and the dance floor was kept full!

Sent on 08/20/2015