Royal Palms Resort and Spa Reviews

Royal Palms Resort and Spa 5
Royal Palms Resort and Spa 6
Royal Palms Resort and Spa 7

Christopher · Married on 05/18/2014

So why is this review not 5 stars??...because you need to make sure that anything you agree with the Royal Palms, or any venue for that matter, is in WRITING. There can be a changing of the guard, there can be people who are let go...make sure you get everything in writing cause we ended up encountering issues with the room we had, and also some other details...but everything we had an issue with wasn't written down...and we encountered some issues with the responsiveness when we started encountering the problems.

That being said, the day of our ceremony the Royal Palms more than made up for the mishaps and exceeded our wildest dreams. Our captain, JD, and our shadow, Rachel, took care of EVERYTHING that day and coordinated with our wedding day coordinator to the point that we didn't have to do anything that day. Everybody in our wedding left the reception full and exhausted from the amazing party we had.

You won't find a better venue for a ceremony than the Allegra garden at the Royal Palms. Make sure you don't exceed 120 people and you'll be able to marry in an area that everybody in our wedding kept raving about. Plus, it doesn't feel like Arizona at all...there's no outside noise from roads or neighbors...it's just beyond anything you'll see in Arizona.

The Estrella room would not have a big dance floor with 9 to 10 tables, but you can still have one if you do what we did and had 2 large rows of seating and then one row of seats along the short wall, basically a U shape around the dance floor. Everyone loved the family style seating and the Royal Palms worked with us to make sure we got our big dance floor.

The food was brunch food cause we went outside the norm and had a brunch reception versus dinner reception. Everyone loved the food, but most of all it almost cost us half the price...partially also because we did a Sunday brunch wedding versus a Saturday dinner...something to consider if you're trying to save your pennies

Sent on 05/25/2014

Nicole · Married on 10/09/2009

Royal Palms is by far the most beautiful venue for a wedding in the entire valley. I searched high and low, all over the valley before returning to Royal Palms. During my 1st visit I knew right away that I wanted the Royal Palms, but it's pretty pricey so I kept looking. When nothing compared I just had to suck it up and pay the price. The service was excellent and Jessica, my wedding coordinator was such a pleasure to work with. My only complaint was the food... it tasted great during the food tasting, but the night of the wedding the entree portions were very small and the meet was undercooked (which could have been my fault for not clarifying that I wanted all meet medium, instead of rare). The rest of the food was excellent, however. I'd also recommend getting a beverage package of some sort, becuase I did feel the bartenders over charged us for drinks. Bottom line the Royal Palms is gorgeous and that is what mattered most to me!

Sent on 02/22/2010
  • User2207468 · 2+ years ago

3.2
      2.5
      3.0

The Royal Palms is a beautiful venue for a wedding. My husband fell in love with the resort the first time we visited and thought it would be the perfect place for our destination wedding with most of the guests coming in from out of town. The service on our wedding day was outstanding in every respect; however, it was very difficult working with certain members of their planning staff leading up to the wedding, especially as we were doing everything from across the country. Responsiveness was lacking at times, as was professionalism. We frequently received form emails about our "meeting" instead of anyone taking the time to write a personalized email about our wedding. We often got different responses to questions depending on who we asked, and did not feel like there was always attention to detail in addressing our questions/concerns during the process. This was obviously disappointing given the costs associated with a wedding at the Royal Palms. We eventually decided to utilize a wedding coordinator after becoming frustrated with dealing with the Royal Palms directly. While we recommend the resort highly in terms of the ambiance, accommodations and setting for a wedding (our guests absolutely loved their stay), we would recommend getting your own wedding planner and letting them handle everything with the Royal Palms!

Sent on 07/09/2013