Royal Grand Events Reviews

40 | North Charleston, SC

40 Reviews for Royal Grand Events

David · Married on 09/23/2012

The food at our reception was hands down the best food we have ever had at a wedding, and all of our guests raved about how good it was. Planning a destination wedding, we were nervous not having a tasting, but Curtis took the time to understand what we were looking for In our wedding, explain to us the preparation and cooking process, and even coordinated simple but elegant rentals for us. Curtis is very courteous and friendly, even giving out hugs upon meeting us. His staff are also very helpful and friendly - they helped setup our centerpieces, made full plates for the bride and groom, and packed us two bags of leftovers!

Sent on 09/27/2012

Alison · Married on 08/04/2012

Curtis and the crew at Royal Grand Events met and then exceeded all of our expectations. We had tried his food at a friend's wedding, so knew it was delicious. His professionalism and FAST response time was consistent throughout the 10 months we were planning the wedding. He worked with me through menu and guest changes. The day of the wedding, his staff (and food) were just extraordinary. They thought of every last thing and made it all perfect. Our guests raved about the food and his presentation. THANK YOU!

Sent on 09/03/2012
  • Andrew

Andrew · Married on 03/24/2012

CURTIS IS AMAZING!!!! If I could I would give them 10 stars!!! He goes above and beyond and understands what customer service truly is!!! The food is amazing as well guests commented and said best food they have ever had at a wedding. Being an out of town Bride he was able to keep me sane and allow me to remain stress free throughout the entire planning process. He is responsive and willing to do just about anything you ask him to do. We had two guests with special dietary needs and he was able to produce an entire menu just for the two of them that included appetizers during cocktail hour all the way through to late night snacks! Curtis and his staff are professional, passionate, friendly and all around great people to work with. We were absolutely honored to have them be a part of our day and would recommend them hands down to anyone!!!!

Sent on 03/31/2012

Nicole · Married on 03/16/2012

I am SO SO happy that I found and hired Curtis for my wedding. From the moment I met him I was blown away with his professionalism, sincerity, kindness, and he immediately understood my vision of my wedding day. He was the first caterer I interviewed in Charleston and I knew he was the one instantly. I went on to interview 4 of the top caterers in Charleston and none even came close to Curtis and his staff. We had the tasting and I was again blown away. The food was so fresh and creative, not to mention delicious. Curtis puts so much thought into his food, it is not just typical food you are normally served at a wedding. The hor dourves were amazing and the meal was honestly a meal you would order at a 5 star restaurant. We served a late night snack of chicken sliders and french fries and that was a huge huge hit. I think I heard more about the food that night than my dress!! ;)

On top of the food being delicious and just what was promised, Curtis was a DREAM to work with. Any idea I had he made come true. No request was too big or small. I found a picture online at 2 am of a signature drink and emailed it to curtis to show him I wanted to recreate that at the cocktail hour and the next morning I had an email from Curtis saying: done. He made a pineapple mojito with blueberries in it that was soooooooo good!

The staff at the wedding that Curtis provided were top notch. Could not have been nicer and more accommodating. Everything went so smoothly thanks to them!

I could go on and on about Curtis, his food, and his wonderful staff. I would recommend him 1000x times. I just know Curtis is going to be a famous chef on television one day, so I am glad I got him when I did!!

Sent on 04/05/2012

Candice · Married on 04/18/2011

If I could put ten stars for each category, I would. This caterer was absolutely superb! Unbelievably amazing! Curtis floored me with his presentations and the wonderful assistance in everything, even helping to tear down! I couldn't have found a better caterer and rental vendor!

Sent on 05/05/2011

Liz · Married on 10/09/2010

Great Food and so easy to work with.....Will Recommend to all of my friends and family.

Sent on 12/08/2010

Gail · Married on 05/29/2010

I don't know where to begin with my thanks and praises for Curtis and his very courteous and professional staff. He presents himself as the bride's "chef" as he truly means that. I spoke with Curtis about one year before beginning my wedding planning. He spent time discussing the various options I had as far as planning the service and menu for my guests. I decided to secure his services and that was one of the best decisions I made. He is very professional, extremely knowledgeable and treats your wedding as a top priority. He is able to take a bride's ideas and make them a reality. The food at the tasting was very good and the food at the reception exceeded my expectations even further. Everyone at my wedding is still talking about the food served at my wedding and how delicious it was! In addition, we were all impressed with the attention paid to the guests. The day of my wedding his staff was very helpful in helping to apply the finishing touches to the wedding reception tables and I was floored by how beautiful the final product was. He understands how important the wedding day is to brides and does all he can to ensure that the event is a success. Many of my guests have inquired about using Curtis' services for their daughters' weddings. I intend to use Curtis for all events I plan in the future and suggest you do the same. Once again, many thanks to Curtis and his staff.

Sent on 06/19/2010
  • Carla

Carla · Married on 04/25/2010

WOW!!! Royal Grand is AMAZING!!! I love Curtis, he is so sweet and accomodating. He went above and beyond for my rehersal dinner at a beach house on Folly Beach and at the Reception! I cannot believe how wonderful he was and I am still hearing comments about the food and how great everthing he did was! I could not have been a happier bride! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Sent on 05/13/2010
  • jenny29225

Jenny · Married on 01/23/2010

I highly recommend Royal Grand!! Curtis was so responsive and worked with our every need. The food was amazing and the displays were awesome!! Very professional staff! I would hire Royal Grand again for any catered event.

Sent on 02/16/2010

Meghan · Married on 08/22/2009

Simply put, Curtis blew us away. He wrote the book on professionalism. The food was delicious with a FUN and Southern flair. I would hire him for any event in the future!

Sent on 09/02/2009

n · Married on 07/18/2009

Curtis is awesome! He is a true find. He is affordable, and great to work with. Out of all the catering companies we met with, he was by far the most prepared for our first meeting. He is super responsive to emails, and his cooking is fabulous. Everyone is still talking about our food!

Sent on 08/15/2009

Millicent · Married on 09/20/2008

OMG! What more can I say....Curtis went above and beyond the call of duty. My reception was so elegant and so gorgeous. He is so so so creative with his stations and displays. Curtis and I developed a relationship over 2 years. I met his working as a teller at a local credit union. He waltzed in fully dressed as a chef. I was impressed! I served him and picked his brain about his services. I was just dating my husband at the time and wasnt even engaged yet! However, I wanted him to cater my wedding whenever it would happen. He took me seriously! He didnt hesitate to give me his contact information and website. I viewed his website and was blown away (and this was in 2006!!). Lo and behold, my mom was turning 50 that year and we wanted to give her and elegant party at her home. I called Curtis and booked him on the spot! He catered my mom's 50th and my aunt's 40th on back-to-back weekends! Both parties were AMAZING!! The food was superb! Everything tasted so fresh and so good!! When I got engaged in 9/2006 and we set a date, Curtis was the FIRST vendor I booked. Two years later, my reception was beyond my dreams and imagination. He completely captured what I wanted. All the guests raved about the food and the uniqueness of the displays. His staff is amazing. He is very flexible on menus, has LOTS to choose from, and helps those indecisive people (like myself...lol). He does a tasting a week before the event and even that is elegant!! He is very professional and very kind-hearted. You can call him anytime...day or night. Never once did I get a voicemail! I can go on and on...I highly recommend him for anything from a candlelight dinner for two to a party for 1000+ people. No job too big or small for him and he gives every event the same drive and attention. Book him and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/01/2008

J. · Married on 12/21/2007

Royal Grand Events and Catering is THE WAY TO GO!!! The food was delicious, the presentation was elegant, and the customer gets a very good value for their dollar. Chef Curtis was a joy to work with and was always available to talk about menu ideas and last minute changes. I highly recommend this caterer to anyone who wants their guests to leave the event with their appetites satiated and their palates delighted.

Sent on 07/16/2008

My wife and I used Royal Grand Events (owner/chef Curtis Labitue) for our wedding in June of 2015 at the Charleston Tea Plantation. After having talked with and gotten proposals from multiple companies, we decided to go with Curtis for a couple key reasons. Curtis was extremely quick in responding back to our multiple e-mail inquiries and was very easy to communicate with. He also listened to what our vision was for the wedding, and his proposed menu perfectly reflected that. He was open to changes, and even made some on his own, when he was not as satisfied as he would have wanted to be.
    Going into the process, we didn’t know what to expect from a caterer. We assumed he would simply cook and provide the food and that would be it, but he did so much more than that. He handled all of the rentals – linens, tables, chairs and the like –so that we did not need to think about or worry about them. He helped us create the layout of the location – placement of tables, chairs, food, lighting, DJ, etc. He seemed more like a coordinator than we expected and it was wonderful. He worked wonderfully with the other vendors we used as well, and made sure our day was absolute perfect. We also changed the number of guests multiple times, and he was more than understanding and flexible.
    The food was delicious - both to eat and to look at. Curtis’s staff was well organized and helpful, without being obtrusive or in people’s faces too much.
    We owe much our wedding’s success to Curtis’s hard work and compassion, and would highly recommend Royal Grand to anyone needing catering for their event.

-Alex G. & Natanya M.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Bonnie · Married on 07/06/2012

Curtis did a fabulous job on our wedding! He worked carefully with our budget to craft a wonderful meal for our guests. He provided all the delicious food we had agreed on, and had more than enough to feed everybody. We loved the tomato crostinis, crabcakes, and shrimp and grits the best! He even surprised us with a carved watermelon and ice sculpture! Best of all, the servers paid special attention to me and my husband, making sure we ate all the appetizers and always had a drink in hand.

Sent on 07/10/2012