Royal Fox Country Club Reviews

Royal Fox Country Club 5
Royal Fox Country Club 6
Royal Fox Country Club 7

Natalie · Married on 04/18/2009

Absolutely gorgeous venue for a wedding reception and outstanding food and service. Jane Spair, the wedding coordinator was super organized and a delight to work with. The banquet room is perfect if you are looking for an intimate/romantic setting for your reception. The food was top-notch too!

Sent on 08/02/2009

Stephanie · Married on 12/31/2008

They were so accomodating and very helpful!! Jane walked us through every step of the way and was more than willing to answer any questions! Our night couldn't have been more perfect! To this day we still get compliments on the evening!

Sent on 07/16/2009

Carolyn · Married on 09/27/2008

I had an absolutely wonderful experience with the Royal Fox. It is a beautiful place and the service was exceptional. They made my wedding easy from beginning to end!

Sent on 08/08/2009

Nancy · Married on 10/06/2007

Jane Adair was wonderful to work with in planning our daughter's wedding reception. She was very knowledgeable and was happy to accommodate our own personal touchhes to the evening. We enjoyed the tasting and the food was delicious.The staff was very professional. It is a pleasure to recommend Royal Fox Country Club to anyone hosting a special event.

Sent on 11/21/2010

Jillian · Married on 01/27/2007

It was truly amazing working with Jane to help plan our reception. She had unique and creative ideas to add a special touch to our celebration that helped make our reception stand out from others. Our reception was personalized and several of our guests commented on how beautiful it all was. The Royal Fox, especially Jane, made our reception more than we could have ever imagined and made sure our night was one that everyone who attended would remember.

Sent on 07/23/2009

Lesley · Married on 06/17/2017

Jane and the Royal Fox were fabulous to work with! They turned our vision into a reality and helped to make our wedding day so special! We walked into the venue for our room reveal, and were actually speechless because it had turned out so beautifully. The night ran smoothly from start to finish and the venue was absolutely beautiful. Thank you Jane and the Royal Fox for helping to make our wedding night one of the best days of our lives!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/15/2016

Jane is an amazing event coordinator. She was with us ever step of the way. If we were unsure of anything, she was right there helping us through it. She also took us around the course so we had the best places to take pictures. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/28/2016

veronica · Married on 05/30/2015

The beginning was a little rocky when I couldn't get a hold of anyone, but am I SO GLAD I DID!! I would not change a thing!! It was a little pricey but I think it's worth the value!! Everyone loved the venue, absolutely beautiful, they LITERALLY did everything I asked and dreamed of. I had a very detailed wedding, and they pulled everything off. I could not say better things! Jane & her staff are absolutely wonderful!! I would recommend this venue to everyone I know!!

Sent on 09/16/2015
  • F

Brittney · Married on 08/27/2016

We decided to have our August 27 wedding at the Royal Fox pretty quickly as we walked through the venue the first time because it is so unique and impressive...just what we were looking for! Besides we could have an outdoor ceremony (my dream) and the food had outstanding reviews (his demand). Jane is the coordinator at the Royal Fox, and she is a PRO. Our day was "a real-life fairytale" (per my grandma), and I couldn't agree more. Jane completely put our decor over the top with final touches that I hadn't thought to put together. The food was OUTSTANDING and our entire day went off without a hitch. It ran so smoothly that if anything went wrong...I have no idea about it! She's that good! We haven't stopped hearing about what a lovely venue it was, and I'm so glad we found it!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/03/2014

After my husband and I got engaged, we moved to California. Planning a wedding in general can be a job in itself, but planning a wedding from out of state is beyond stressful. While in California, my family helped us and went on “venue visits” all over the Chicago-land area. Booking the Royal Fox was the BEST wedding planning decision we made. I’m not sure where to start… the amazing wedding coordinator Jane? the friendly chef? kind staff? Delicious food?

When planning your big day, you will be working closely with your wedding coordinator. At the Royal Fox CC, the wedding coordinator Jane truly cares. Seriously. She listens, gives advice, guides, asks questions… Jane goes above and beyond. You are NOT treated as just another wedding on the books; she gets to know you, your taste, dislikes, everything. I brought my in-laws to the venue, just to show them around, and we ran into the Chef. He’s amazing. Incredibly talented, very friendly, and gave us a background on his experience. The day of our wedding, there was a little confusion with our florist, and Jane had to cut down all the flowers that were delivered and filled all of the vases herself. (She’s amazing right? Not everyone would do that) The food? Delicious is an understatement. Perfection. 4 weeks after our wedding, I still have family and weeks after our wedding, I still have family and friends talking about how great the food was, and how beautiful the venue looked. We had broccoli soup, martha’s blend salad, and filet & chicken combo. Even the bartenders and staff were amazing. Incredibly friendly and attentive. Oh, and to top it off, we had about 175 people and it was affordable. Amazing staff, food AND affordable? It’s true.

If you are looking for a venue, you honestly owe it to yourself to check out the Royal Fox. I will forever recommend this venue and remember our beautiful October wedding.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Caitlin · Married on 07/12/2014

We originally avoided Royal Fox because we assumed it would be out of our budget. It would have saved us lots of time spent looking at other venues if we had just inquired about Royal Fox's pricing first. Royal Fox is a great value: the space is stunning, the food and service are wonderful, and Jane could not be kinder or more accommodating. We had lots of funny requests, and she met all of them, in some cases making them even better with her ideas. Your happiness is their first priority.

Sent on 07/29/2014
  • I

Isabelle · Married on 09/14/2013

Beautiful club, great food, organized and detailed oriented staff. This was an amazing place to have a wedding. There were a couple of things I would have adjusted, but overall...oh, my gosh, I was so pleased. My family and bridal party, and friends were treated with great care and as as we were top priority. I felt great about how they listened to what I wanted and delivered the day of my wedding.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Nancy · Married on 10/10/2015

Rated 5 stars--app would t let me choose 5 stars. Jane was very open to the ideas and visions that the Florist/decorator had. She was helpful in both providing for setup and assisting in take down activity. Even though the venue had their fall decor in place we were allowed to remove that which did not coincide with the decor and theme of the wedding. Jane was very responsive prior to the event for questions and during the event--even when a few extra showed up. She worked our event around those standard activities of the venue with no impact to the wedding celebration. Jane and the venue were very accommodating and open minded. Because of Jane's assisrance, the wedding was a very memorable and magical evening that guests Are talking about weeks afterward.

Sent on 10/25/2015

Kathy · Married on 01/26/2019

3.0
      3.0
      1.0

It might have just been bad timing for us...

Many of the past positive reviews included Jane, however, she is no longer with the Royal Fox and unfortunately left during the critical planning for our wedding, with no replacement. The verdict is out on the venue because we definitely did not have a great planning experience. We were not told that Jane left, had weeks of no response to critical final plans and in general, the person in charge of the Royal Fox didn't seem to really care. The venue is absolutely beautiful and the staff were all very nice and helpful. If you decide to use it now, take a lot of notes and be ready to do most of the work.

Sent on 02/05/2019

0.5
      2.5
      2.0

I was very disappointed with my services. I had a great time at my wedding, but there were so many negatives said about the venue that I would never recommend this place. I loved the inside. It fit my theme perfectly. Jane was very nice to talk with as well. However, there were so many questions that seemed to go unanswered as the day approached that I should have known there would be issues. If it weren't for me hiring my own wedding planner, the day would have been a complete disaster. They offer this cool sign to hang in the driveway when pulling up, they spelled our last name wrong. Guests that saw the sign commented that it would have been cool if we got one of those... I had to tell them it was ours, just mispelled. We payed extra to keep the bar open during dinner hour. I found out they didn't start serving for 25 minutes into it (which is hundreds of dollars wasted). When I contacted the venue regarding this they commented that they kept the bar open longer during cocktail hour so compensated by closing for dinner. THAT is not what we discussed and we had guests complaining. Also, I heard the bartenders were rude to people about the bar not opening. They also did not have the ceremony site set up until 15 minutes before our ceremony. They pulled the extra help that I hired to help them set up which was ridiculous. I payed for that person to do other stuff, not what the venue promised to have done. This also caused the florist to have to leave and come back later to finish setting up. They didn't have my stuff set up early, but when we were still there and finishing the night, staff started taking my centerpieces off of tables and throwing them at my wedding planner to put away and were placing new linens on tables for the next day. They were pink... thank you so much for not having my stuff ready, but being that ready for the next day so we can see. All of these complaints came from guests... except for the sign. Unacceptable.

Sent on 08/10/2016