Royal Fox Country Club Reviews

Royal Fox Country Club 5
Royal Fox Country Club 6
Royal Fox Country Club 7

Kim · Married on 07/12/2014

This is a beautiful venue for a wedding! We could not have been happier with Jane and the crew at Royal Fox! They pay close attention to detail and are extremely professional. As others have said.........Jane goes above and beyond to make you feel that your day and wedding is the most important thing! I would highly recommend using Royal Fox and Jane in particular! You won't need a wedding planner! The staff are wonderful and the food is amazing. My husband and I received countless accolades on our daughter's wedding!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Angela · Married on 12/28/2013

I had my 12/28/13 wedding at the Royal Fox Country Club in St. Charles - and it was GORGEOUS! The staff is amazing - all they want is for you to be happy and comfortable and they do everything in their power to accommodate your needs and wishes.

Jane Spair, the banquet coordinator, has exquisite taste and an extraordinarily high level of professionalism. She is truly fantastic and so is her staff!

Jamie was our day of coordinator, and we never had to worry about the slightest thing. She was flexible, kind and quick to assist anyone who approached her. Jamie was awesome!

Oh and the FOOD! 10000% DELICIOUS! 79 steaks and NOT ONE was under or over-cooked. They melted in your mouth! Also the presentation of the food is just the height of loveliness. The servers were super efficient and gracious - they quickly delivered plate after plate of piping hot, scrumptious food. The bartender made delicious drinks and never skimped on the alcohol - fun was had by all!

The entire facility is immaculately maintained and decorated. If you love classic elegance with a historical twist, then this is the venue for you. You cannot go wrong with this place, choose the Royal Fox and you will have the perfect wedding, like I did! :)

Sent on 01/03/2014

James & Jacqueline · Married on 10/26/2013

My wife and I were married on 10/26/2013, and decided to have our reception at Royal Fox Country Club in St. Charles, IL. We looked at multiple different venues, but once we looked at Royal Fox, and met Jane Spair, we were in love. The venue is absolutely beautiful, but more importantly, the event coordinator Jane Spair was amazing. Once we met with Jane, our stress levels decreased significantly! After discussing all of our different options w/ her, and deciding what our menu was going to consist of, we knew we would be able to leave the rest up to her, and everything would be perfect. Jane made both of us feel at ease. The actual venue was gorgeous, and the food was wonderful! Our guests could not get over how good the food was, as well as how elegant the room was. The reception alone, truly made my wife feel like a princess, and in my eyes, that's all that matters. Our servers went above and beyond to keep everyone happy. We actually tried to find the names of certain servers, just so we could give them a little something. Jane Spair is a professional, and she is absolutely amazing at what she does! We feel as if we made a new life long friend. She gets as involved as you want her to be. If you're a couple that wants to be more hands on, then that's ok w/ her, but if your a couple that is willing to trust someone that knows what she's doing, then she'll work her magic. Either way, you'll be in great hands! Overall, our experience at Royal Fox was more than we could have wished for! I highly recommend having your reception and/or any other event at Royal Fox. My wife and I have already inquired about anniversary parties! :) We just want another excuse to go back to Royal Fox!

Sent on 12/11/2013

Our daughter's wedding reception was perfect! Working with Jane was truly a breeze. She recommended vendors to us and we ended up choosing these people. Jane took care of every detail and then some we had not thought of. I will tell you, that there was not one thing we would have done differently. Royal Fox, Jane and her staff out did themselves to make our event perfect and our daughter glowing all evening. Thank you so very much.

Sent on 11/21/2013

Maggie · Married on 10/12/2013

I don't know what to say, but I am so happy we had our wedding at Royal Fox. Jane was amazing and really awesome to work with. She really helped to make sure everything ran smoothly on our day. All of our guests still compliment us on how beautiful this place was and how good all of the food was!

Sent on 12/12/2013

This wedding reception could not have turned out nicer. All along we braced ourselves for some minor things to go wrong with the hope that nothing major went wrong. To our surprise, there were not even any minor problems. The room was gorgeous, the food was delicious and the staff could not have been friendlier. Jane Spair, Director of Banquets, went above and beyond to make sure this was a successful, beautiful and fun reception. Even as we tweaked things in the 11th hour, she was calm and took care of everything. Her work behind the scenes is incredible. We had several options for venues and are so thankful we decided on Royal Fox. We also held our rehearsal dinner at their sister club, Royal Hawk, and that was awesome too.

Sent on 10/31/2013

Robin · Married on 08/24/2013

Jane was amazing to work with. She makes you feel like your wedding is the only wedding she is working on. She is great with the little details. She wants to make sure your day is the best that it can be.

The room at the Royal Fox is beautiful. If you are looking for something other than a banquet room, this is your place. It is like having people into your home on a very grand scale. The feel is so much more elegant than a banquet room. If you have a larger wedding you will need to use the extra room. We were worried that people would not like sitting in there. That was not the case, people actually liked being in that room. It was close to the bar, sweet table and the photo station.

The food is great. There are many choices and Jane will work with you on what you want. The sweet table was wonderful. Jane set it up so beautiful. We had great feedback, from our guests, on the food and also on the sweet table.

I am so happy that we chose to have the reception at the Royal Fox. It is a wonderful and unique place to have a reception.

Thanks to Jane and her staff, my daughters reception was everything we wanted it to be!

Sent on 11/13/2013

Kelly · Married on 04/05/2013

We had our wedding there in early April and everything was beyond perfect!! The food and drinks were wonderful! The venue is so beautiful on it's own, but when I saw it completely decorated, it took my breath away. Jane made wedding planning so much fun! She went above and beyond to make sure our day went flawlessly. She also was extremely helpful when trying to pick out other vendors. Every person she recommended made our day even more amazing.

Sent on 04/29/2013

I knew right away I wanted our November 10, 2012 wedding reception at Royal Fox. The building and the grounds are just gorgeous - it was the perfect location. Working with event coordinator, Jane Spair, is a dream. She listened to all my ideas and thoughts, made fantastic suggestions, and did everything to make our day run smoothly and look beautiful! The food at Royal Fox is absolutely delicious, and we had many guests tell us how much they enjoyed dinner. Besides the cake, we chose to have a dessert table, and Jane set up a selection of desserts and pastries fit for a king. After all the effort I put into planning, it was so wonderful to be able to sit back and truly the day. Jane took care of all the details. She even set aside a plate of appetizers for my husband and I (and our parents) because we weren't able to enjoy them during the receiving line. When my bridesmaids were having trouble bustling my dress, Jane stepped in and saved the day! She made sure that every inch of the room was just gorgeous. If you choose to have your wedding at Royal Fox, you really will be treated like royalty!

Sent on 12/21/2012

Lizbeth and Scott · Married on 09/15/2012

My husband and I got married at The Royal Fox on September 15, 2012. When we first began searching for a venue we had looked at numerous locations both in the city and in the suburbs. Once we finally had it narrowed down to two venues, the final decision was easy. While both country clubs we were looking at offered similar wedding packages and features, we decided to go with The Royal Fox mainly due to their wedding coordinator, Jane Spair. She was extremely friendly, personal, accomodating, and helpful from the moment we booked all the way through our wedding night.

The venue itself is absolutely breathtaking and its beauty is matched by the service, professionalism and friendliness of the people that work there. Our outdoor ceremony was equally as beautiful and ended just as the sun was setting which made for gorgeous pictures. Jane and her wonderful staff did a great job of setting everything up and put so much time and effort into the decorating and precise planning. Everything looked better then we could have ever imagined and they definitely exceeded our expectations. Jane and her staff went above and beyond!

We had so many compliments on everything from their delicious food, service, linens, cocktails, beautiful decorations, stunning views, etc. We have absolutely no complaints! We have heard numerous times from our friends and family that it was the most beautiful wedding they have been to. I cannot say enough great things about The Royal Fox and their wedding coordinator, Jane Spair.

We are so happy to have chosen The Royal Fox and would highly recommend it to our family, friends and to any couple searching for the perfect wedding venue! (Scott and Lizbeth)

Sent on 09/26/2012

Tricia · Married on 09/01/2012

Residing in the southern suburbs, my husband and I chose to host our “mini-destination” wedding at the Royal Fox in Saint Charles. Located on the outskirts of the beautiful and historic city, we immediately fell in love with the design of the Royal Fox, which replicates Thomas Jefferson’s Monticello. Our ceremony, which was brought indoors last minute due to the weather, was gorgeous in front of the large bay windows that looked out to the scenery. Many of our guests assumed we had planned for an indoor ceremony from the beginning! We are still receiving compliments on the appetizers and food served! Our wedding dreams all made possible by the special events coordinator, Jane Spair. Jane is professional, positive, informative, and creative. Upon a last minute emergency with my Mother’s health, Jane was comforting and accommodating ensuring accessibility, and providing for our last minute family needs. I highly recommend this beautiful venue! Given the option, we would do it all again, in the exact same way!!

Sent on 09/16/2012

Bob · Married on 06/23/2012

From the moment you meet wedding coordinator, Jane Spair you are assured that the wedding details are in gifted hands. She is caring, personable and professional. The food, linens, service and beautiful setting of Royal Fox made my daughter's wedding a memorable event. The two rooms versus one big room afforded the opportunity for more guests to see the bridal party. We could not have been more pleased!!

Sent on 06/27/2012

Katy · Married on 03/31/2012

We had our wedding in March, and everything was perfect! Our guests couldn't get over how amazing the food was! Jane was the wedding coordinator, and she made everything stunning, we didn't have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 06/07/2012

Carolyn · Married on 03/17/2012

Working with Jane throughout the process of planning my wedding was wonderful. She was unflaggingly gracious and incredibly flexible. Because I was planning the wedding from out of the state, much of our communication was over e-mail and phone calls, and she was always quick to respond and truly a pleasure to work with. As for the day of the event, I have had so many of the wedding guests praising the food, the ambience, the dancefloor (my family loves to dance!), the service, everything. I had a feeling that I would love to host my family and friends there, that's why I chose the Royal Fox. But truly, Jane and the entire staff far exceeded my expectations. The food and service were splendid, our guests were comfortable and well provided for, and the only thing left for us to do was celebrate! We are so happy to have chosen the Royal Fox and would highly recommend it.

Sent on 04/04/2012

Jennifer · Married on 03/10/2012

Royal Fox was absolutely fabulous! The entire day went off without a hitch and Jane from Royal Fox was very attentive and made sure that everything was to our standards. The food was wonderful, the staff exceptional and I would recommend Royal Fox to anyone who wants a fairy tale wedding day!

Sent on 04/04/2012

Karen · Married on 10/22/2011

Fell in love with this place as soon as I looked at it. Bonded so well with Jane. All of our guests thought the place was so impressive. Another bonus is that the chairs are so pretty they don't need the chair covers that end up costing so much. The bar is set down with is actually really nice looking. I loved everything about the place. Jane took so much time and effort into the decorating and precise planning. Together the whole place did a wonderful job. Food and cake was delicious as well!!! Thank you!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Debbie · Married on 10/14/2011

Everything at Royal Fox was 5 Star. The reception is still being talked about by the mother of the bride's friends as the best reception they have ever attended. The dream wedding for their daughters! Food was excellent and warm when served to 200 guests. The room is spectacular on it's own no need to waste money on flower arrangements. Jane Spair the coordinator for Royal Fox was very dedicated and made sure everything was perfect, you would have thought she was the bride. Absolutely no complaints. Spectacular event!

Sent on 02/07/2012
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/18/2011

I cannot say enough good things about the Royal Fox! The moment that I first walked into the Royal Fox, I knew that was where I wanted my reception to be. Jane did an excellent job of coordinating everything from the cocktails by the pool to the linens. The food was fabulous! It was so nice to be able to have a full tasting before the wedding. The entire atmosphere at the Royal Fox is tasteful with a unique charm that you won't find at most reception venues. The Royal Fox is definitely a hidden gem in the St. Charles area!

Sent on 06/25/2011

Maura · Married on 10/02/2010

I have nothing but wonderful thoughts regarding Royal Fox and the professionalism and dedication of their staff to our event. It was an absolutely wonderful experience!

Sent on 10/23/2010

Matthew · Married on 08/28/2010

My wife and I had the pleasure of booking our wedding at the Royal Fox Country Club in late August 2010. We absolutely couldn't be happier with the entire event (from the planning stages through to the big night). Jane Spair (The Royal Fox Event Coordinator) was phenomenal, the room was elegant, the location/golf views are amazing, food was delicious, staff was gracious and accommodating... basically, they know how to run a great event. No matter what we needed, Jane made it work. Even last minute adjustments were done swiftly and without fail. Not only does the Royal Fox offer a terrific venue, but the cost is also very reasonable. I could go on & on about each & every advantage Jane Spair and the Royal Fox Country Club have to offer, but I will sum it up as concisely as possible... if you haven't booked your wedding location yet, book the Royal Fox as soon as possible, and if you've booked another location, forget the deposit and book the Royal Fox.

Sent on 09/20/2010

Mike · Married on 08/21/2010

My husband and I recently had the pleasure of having our wedding ceremony reception at the Royal Hawk and formal wedding reception at the Royal Fox. The beauty of these two places is amazing, Dan and Jane, the coordinators, are wonderful, and I am so happy that I found and chose the Royal Country Clubs for my special day. Upon walking into the Royal Fox, I was immediately impressed by the uniqueness and beauty of the rooms. That being said, the work Jane does to transform the room into a magical place is absolutely breathtaking. I was told by almost all of my guests that they had never seen such a beautiful wedding. I could not have been happier with the way things turned out. Aside from the obvious beauty of these country clubs, what impressed me as well was how accomodating, helpful, honest and just wonderful people Dan and Jane are. They will go out of their way to ensure your special day is perfect. They are hard-working, detail oriented, willing to go above and beyond, and honest. Working with Dan, Jane, and the rest of the Royal family is exactly who you want to work with when planning a special occasion, especiallly a wedding. Now that my wedding is over, I actually miss talking with them and having a reason to go see them. I would also like to mention the food. The food is five star. The chefs at the Royal Fox are very talented and provide high-end food that is beautiful and delicioius. I HIGHLY recommend the Royal Country Clubs as a wedding venue or a venue for any special occasion. They are the BEST in all categories.

Sent on 10/29/2010

Ashley · Married on 08/07/2010

Having our reception at the Royal Fox was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding for so many reasons. First of all, it was in the budget, which we were shocked about given the country club atmosphere. Second, the facilities are incredibly beautiful. I was originally unsure about the "L" shape of the room, but after the event, I was actually grateful for it, because it kept the bar from being the center of attention and provided a variety of spaces for our guests to congregate. Third, the food was delicious - we got so many compliments. Fourth, (and for me this was the biggest thing), we LOVED working with Jane, the wedding coordinator. She was so helpful, so sweet, and really went above and beyond to make our event really fun and special. If you're looking for a country club reception, this is definitely the place to go!!!

Sent on 08/26/2010

Debi · Married on 05/15/2010

What a wonderful place to have a wedding....and Jane was the best!!!! Out of all the people I worked with on the wedding Jane was the easiest to work with and did a great job of meeting our needs (and putting up with a crazy mom from time to time).

Top notch from day 1. I would highly recommend this venue.
    The food was fantastic (so many of the guests raved about the food) The tasting dinner was fabulous and very classy.

The service staff was gracious and extremely accomodating.

Sent on 06/10/2010

linda · Married on 04/17/2010

This was our first stop while looking at wedding venues. I had my doubts, I thought for sure it would be a stuck up, uptight venue. Upon our arrival we were greeted by Jane Spair. She was so welcoming, really accommodating and fun. We went to 11 other places that day and none were as good as this. The venue is great, only one wedding at a time in a beautiful setting, without an outrageous guest minimum. The food was awesome, and we received many compliments. Each of the staff was very responsive and professional. And of course, Jane! We felt like she was our family in the way she cared for every detail. We trusted her with everything, and it was perfect!! We couldn't have asked for more and our guests had a great time! We will definitely plan more events at the Royal Fox. We truly love Jane!!! (Steve and Linda)

Sent on 06/13/2010

Melissa · Married on 10/23/2009

First, the ambiance inside the dining room was perfect. Royal Fox is not your boring enclosed hotel banquet room. I cannot remember how my husband and I discovered this treasure but it was not in any of the bridal magazines.
    Between opposite work schedules and both of us not liking to plan parties, just attend them, Jane made everything so easy! I did not have any second thoughts with her in charge.
    We received many compliments on the room and most importantly, the food and service. Thank you to Jane and her staff. We will be back for a future family party.

Patrick and Melissa