Royal Fig Catering Reviews

Royal Fig Catering 6
Royal Fig Catering 7

Mari Glassell · Married on 07/28/2019

Royal fig was perfect!

I'll start with how my guests are still talking about the food and how perfect it was for the entire event. We had a Sunday brunch wedding in July and they nailed it.

We had Victoria Martinez as our coordinator, and I promise I would not have made it through the whole wedding process without her! She was more than happy to guide us through multiple tastings, changes in menus, changes in ideas for details, and even helped us to find the perfect tortillas for our taco station. The entire planning process was made easier with her help, suggestions, and support.

If I thought she was amazing through planning, I could have never known how valuable she and her assistant would be to me the day of the wedding. They were so critical for each step of the way, and so so very helpful. The entire staff was so on top of everything: stations always full looking amazing, they always made sure my husband and I had a drink or food, and sincerely made us sit down and have a quick bite during all the fun!

I feel so lucky to have had Royal Fig, the food was so perfect (tomato carving station was the biggest HIT among all guests) and the drinks were equally as good. They were so easy to work with, so helpful, and a complete full-service company.

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Yasmine

Yasmine Bargoti · Married on 07/07/2019

The best wedding food anyone has ever had

I have always thought wedding food sucked, until I tried Royal Fig's catering. This place is amazing! Our tasting was so delicious, we wanted to go back for a second tasting. Jesse and his team were more than accommodating. They handled my many requests and changes with ease- I often emailed and every time Jesse got back to me in a timely matter and was so patient! The chefs had great suggestions for my husband and I for our cake and food. It was a one stop shop- food, deserts, cake, bartenders, serving staff. If you are looking for a caterer who makes food your guests will rave about for days, look no further than Royal Fig. I was so thankful to have my own personal server for my husband and I at the wedding, Jackie, who made sure we got to eat the delicious food we picked out for our big day. My only hope now is that they open a restaurant so we can enjoy their catering again! Thanks Royal Fig!

Our menu- lamb, Texas spiced chicken, truffle Mac and cheese, asparagus
    Fried green tomato, chicken and waffles and brisket tostadas
    Chocolate pie, sweet potato pie, banana cream pudding and peach cobbler.
    Cake was hummingbird with peach buttercream and grooms cake was red velvet with cream cheese frosting

Sent on 07/12/2019
    Royal Fig Catering 8
    Royal Fig Catering 9
    Royal Fig Catering 10
    Royal Fig Catering 11
  • Kaytee

Kaytee · Married on 06/09/2019

Amazing Cocktails, Unreal Service

My husband, myself and all our guests were completely blown away by the professionalism, quality of beverages, and overall level of service from the Royal Fig staff on our wedding day. We hired Royal Fig for bar service during our cocktail hour and reception, and it was an amazing choice. Everything was seamless and perfect, and your staff went above and beyond to ensure (even on the HOTTEST day) that everyone was hydrated and happy. Our cocktails were yummy, and we couldn't recommend Royal Fig more! Certainly looking for an opportunity to book them again in the future.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Cindy Kirchner · Married on 06/04/2019

Amazing and delicious!

The entire Royal Fig team deserves our sincerest thank you for everything throughout the planning process and all they did to make our day spectacular! Jesse and his team were a huge help and made the day so easy, especially with all the last minute changes we had due to weather and location adjustments while remaining completely calm and making us feel that way as well - truly appreciate it! Everything was even more delicious than we remembered from our tasting and the service was top-notch! Everyone left with the highest praise and fully bellies of deliciousness - emphasis on the honey sriracha fried chicken, shrimp and sausage gumbo and margarita cake! We knew we picked the best caterer and they overdelivered - thank you!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Heather Hadd · Married on 06/01/2019

Delicious! (and other good things)

We loved Royal Fig. They were willing to work with us on several unique requests we had for our wedding. They also have very sustainable practices: recyclable flatware and locally sourced foods.
    Finally, and perhaps most importantly, all of the food was absolutely delicious. All of our guests loved it!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Dulce · Married on 05/04/2019

Gourmet Farm to Table Eating

My mouth is still watering just thinking about Royal Fig Catering.
    My daughter and I hired this vender before having a food tasting. ( planning an out of town wedding we weren't sure if a tasting would fit into our schedule). We did have our tasting and my daughter and I couldn't wait to tell her father how fantastic our food was going to be. We knew our guest were in for a treat. We desided on the family style serving of our meal. It went flawlessly and guest enjoyed the closness of sharing the meal verses having a plate of food dropped in front of them. Unexspectly the servers starting offering seconds to all our guest. No guest went hungry at our recepton. The next day the first comments out of our guest mouths was how wonderful the dinner was. Several also admitted taking advantage of the seconds being served because it was all so tasty! Harley and Jessie were our contacts. Extremely proffessional. Ready with answers to any and all questions big or small.
    I highly reccomend Royal Fig for any event.
    Mother of the Bride
    Dulce Hardin
    Southlake,TX

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/20/2019

Recommend Royal Fig

Royal Fig was incredible. They were very responsive from day 1 and took care of everything. The food was delicious, bar-tending amazing, service was perfect, and the cake was unbelievable as well! Best choice for our wedding!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Jennifer! It was a pleasure to work with you and the wedding was gorgeous. Best wishes to you both!
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 04/06/2019

The best in the biz!

We worked with Claudia at Royal Fig, and we could not have asked for a better Catering Coordinator. Claudia was so upbeat and professional to work with. She answered all of our questions (~200 emails) without hesitation and with incredible punctuality. Her expertise and confidence played a vital role to our wedding's success, and we are so thankful she was on our team. On our wedding day, we woke up to a tornado warning, torrential downpour of rain, and Claudia and the Royal Fig team was able to be extremely flexible with our change of venues and timeline. They provided impeccable service, and did it all with a smile.
    Due to a family event, Claudia was unable to be there on our wedding day, and her colleague, Victoria, was there instead. Victoria handled the craziness of our day seamlessly and we are so grateful to her as well!
    I would like to note that while they were a higher-priced catering team, we would choose them over again in a heartbeat. They are worth every penny, and deliver top-notch service and food. So many of our guests noted that this was some of the best catered food they had ever had! WOW!! We loved the ease of the family style menu, and the roasted chicken and grilled ribeye were perfect!

Thank you Claudia, Victoria, and the entire Royal Fig team for the amazing wedding! We love y'all!​

Sent on 04/16/2019

Joycelyn Morris · Married on 03/16/2019

You must trust your event to Royal Fig

Thank you Royal Fig! The groom said I Do and then went on to say how the food was the best 'wedding food' he had every eaten. He is right. It was delicious. I was able to enjoy each item served--crab cakes, grilled cheese in tomato soup, drunken meatballs, the fish, the SHORT RIBS, the truffle taters, broccolini, the salad, the cakes.....all divine! Thanks so much. The wait staff was efficient and professional. The tablescape was so truly pretty, too. It was a fantastic evening.

Sent on 03/19/2019

Rachel Crowther · Married on 03/08/2019

Amazing Experience

My husband and I had one mission and that was to make sure that we served the best wedding food our guests had ever tasted at a wedding. And WOW Royal Fig did exactly that. They are exceptional! The food was amazing and their service is incredible. From our coordinator, Jesse, to the day of wait staff, everyone was so friendly and professional. I cannot recommend them enough, you and your guests will be blown away!

Sent on 03/24/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 03/02/2019

Thank you Royal Fig!

Royal Fig catered our wedding on March 2 and boy did they nail it! From the passed appetizers (YUM!) to the specialty cocktails to our family style dinner every single thing was delicious. We received so many compliments on our two cocktails (the French 75 & the Saucy Fig Bourbon) & the food. Our guests commented on how the food was still hot when they were served which is not an easy feat when serving 166 people! The truffle mac n cheese, the roasted chicken, the ribeye, the brussel sprouts & heirloom carrots were BIG hits with all of our friends & family. Thank you to Jesse & team for providing flawless service & working so hard to make our night perfect. We cannot thank y'all enough and will be recommending you to all of our friends & family.

Sent on 03/21/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 03/01/2019

One word: perfect.

Royal Fig is A+. Their food is fantastic and their options are endless, no doubt there is something for every taste/style. We went with the station option and it was perfect, and if you're looking to depart from the usual barbecue dinner I cannot recommend the Chuckwagon Chili station enough. We received endless compliments about this chili, which was no surprise--the minute we tried it during our tasting we knew we had to have it--best chili EVER.
    RF is also incredibly helpful with full set up and take down, dealing with your alcohol delivery (if you go through Specs--and why wouldn't you?!), working with you on your menu, the works! They also had a server who focused on us and making sure we had a drink the entire night as well as setting us up a private dinner for us to have a moment. Their service was amazing from beginning to end (and bonus--the tasting was so much fun, they make sure you get the full experience-not just a little bite of everything, but the presentation as well!)

Bottom line--we could not be happier with our choice to use Royal Fig!

Sent on 03/23/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 02/09/2019

Royal Fig Catering

Royal Fig catered our wedding and coordinated our rentals. Our wedding was at The Addison Grove. I was very happy with the service and food provided. We did a family style meal. Jesse Martin was great to work with! They were also responsible for setting up all of the chairs and tables at our wedding. Due to weather, we decided to have our ceremony inside The Addison Grove Barn and Royal Fig did an amazing job flipping the room for the reception. Tables and set up looked beautiful. Would recommend Royal Fig to anyone!

Sent on 02/25/2019
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 02/02/2019

Absolutely amazing food and service!

We used Royal Fig for catering for our 150 person wedding in Austin this past month, and could not be more impressed with the job that they did. All of the appetizers and the food that they prepared for dinner were delicious, and we've received numerous compliments from friends since the wedding about how impressed they were with the food. The RF team was also amazing to work with leading up to the wedding - they were super accommodating of our indecisiveness on appetizers and our multitude of food allergy-related requests, and they coordinated flawlessly with Spec's and Champagne Supply Company to make sure our bar was perfect. The service day-of was also excellent - we were served drinks and appetizers during photos and were the first to be served at dinner, which allowed us to finish eating quickly and mingle with our guests. The bartenders in particular were so, so friendly and upbeat - we loved the great attitude that they brought to the job. 10/10 would go with them again for catering. Thanks for making our special day that much better, Royal Fig!

Sent on 02/24/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Clark · Married on 01/19/2019

Best Caterer in Austin

I used Royal Fig for my Family Style wedding in January and could not recommend them more! For us, the food and band were the most important aspects, and Royal Fig delivered. Working with Jesse was a pleasure, as he answered all 1 million of my emails and helped us come up with the perfect menu. On the night of we had a VIP waiter making sure we had everything we needed; the service was outstanding. Personal suggestions, do family style, get the fried chicken and prickly pear margaritas - they were the number one hit of the night. I wish I could have my wedding all over again just to eat the food. If you are getting married in Austin, this is the caterer for you - look no further!

Sent on 02/04/2019

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa! It was a pleasure working with you and we really appreciate your kind words. We wish you both the very best in the future and we can't wait to see more photos!
  • James

James Smith · Married on 11/30/2018

An amazing vendor

We had a such a fantastic experience working with Royal Fig from the menu selection to the event rentals. Alyson and her team were great to work with and they brought their "A+" game to our wedding. All our guests were raving about the food!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Haileigh · Married on 10/26/2018

Best yums of all the yumminess

Brie and her team at Royal Fig exceeded all our expectations!
    When we sat down to see what was important to our wedding food & photography were our top 2. We loved that Royal Fig is a farm to table type food and that they were so accommodating with our many dietary restrictions. We got so many compliments on our food! It was seriously hard to narrow it down to what we had on our menu as our tasting was amazing.
    The food of course is only part of the story.
    The service & professionalism of the team was 1st rate. The team ensured my husband & I actually ate & drank at our own wedding!
    The coordination with Specs & Premier Events along with our wedding planner (prosecco & events) meant that everything was taken care of and I wasn't running around like crazy the week before the wedding coordinating drop offs.
    Thanks so much Brie & team!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Haileigh! Brie found you such a joy to work with and we are thrilled that everything turned out so well. We truly appreciate you choosing Royal Fig and wish you both the very best as you start your lives together!

David Thomases · Married on 10/20/2018

Do Family Style!

Royal Fig's food was DELICIOUS across the board, and many of our guests commented that they haven't had better food at a wedding! The choices we had were staggering, and we highly recommend the family-style dinner. We felt incredibly taken care of by the staff, and we ate! We ate so much at our own wedding! That was great. We love food, and it was so important to both of us in the planning process. Royal Fig nailed it.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

David and Briana, your wedding was truly one of a kind. We are so lucky to have witnessed the love and happiness that you and your friends and family shared that night. Thank you for trusting your wedding day to Royal Fig! CONGRATULATIONS to you both!

Diane · Married on 09/01/2018

Royal Fig is Outstanding!

There are no words to describe how wonderful Royal Fig is. From the food, to the staff, to the pre-wedding menu selection, it was a wonderful experience. The offer children's plates, vegetarian plates if needed in addition to the planned menu. One of our vegetarian guests said she had never had such an excellent meal.. in her life! Guests said they felt like they were doing at a 5 Star restaurant. We had the family service, where the food is brought to each table. With lots of little ones in our family, it was perfect not to have the parents stand in buffet lines trying to juggle plates and toddlers. The food was impecabble, everything farm to table fresh. Betsy was our coordinator. She was so knowledgeable, efficient, warm and caring... We enjoyed working with her, as did our wedding coordinator. It helps to have a good link between those two venders! This is our 2nd family wedding to use Royal Fig; We also used them for a college graduation luncheon. You cannot go wrong with this caterer!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Diane! It's been wonderful getting to know you and your family over the years. We are honored to have been included in these celebrations and we can't wait to work with you again in the future!

Kayla · Married on 06/02/2018

I can not write enough about how incredible Royal Fig is. Not only are they incredibly kind and helpful with the whole process, the food is INCREDIBLE! They catered our wedding and everyone ranted and raved about how incredible everything was. I'm so happy we had some leftovers because that's all we want to eat this week. Don't change a thing!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Kayla! It was truly our pleasure and we are thrilled that everything went so well. Best wishes to you both and we hope to work with you again!

Suzanne · Married on 06/02/2018

My daughter. and her fiancé chose this fabulous caterer. We have been working with Brie, our Event Coordinator, since August. I will miss her! We just had a fantastic celebration on June 2nd and the food was absolutely delicious, our guests raved about the menu and had so much fun being served "family" style. Top notch people, top notch food!! I highly recommend this catering company. More reviews to come once the Happy Couple Returns from their honeymoon,

Sent on 06/05/2018

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate you having us as a part of your family celebration and wish the happy couple all the best. We hope to see pictures soon!!!
  • Kayla

Kayla Anderson · Married on 06/02/2018

Amazing food

Can't write enough wonderful things about Royal Fig. The food was beyond amazing and everyone couldn't get enough of our wedding cake.

Sent on 08/07/2019
    Royal Fig Catering 12

Mary · Married on 05/11/2018

So very happy with Royal Fig! Not only is their food delicious but their service is amazing as well. We worked with Ashley and she could not have been more kind and professional! She was always very responsive and informational when we had any questions in the months/weeks leading up to our wedding. Royal Fig takes care of all the details of set up, bar services, food and clean up, among other things. I can't stress enough how much I would recommend them for a wedding or any other event!

Sent on 05/29/2018

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Mary! I know that Ashley had a great time getting to know you. We truly appreciate your kind words and wish you both the very best!

Cherisse · Married on 03/23/2018

Working with Royal Fig was great! I got the pleasure of working with Betsy at Royal Fig and she was very responsive and so helpful. They worked with my budget and really helped me put together the best menu to fit our wedding style and needs. She was very quick to answer my emails and all of my questions and always sent me updated quotes right after we made any changes so I always knew where we were at with the cost. We did food stations and the displays were absolutely beautiful. Everyone couldn't stop talking about how delicious the food was and how nice and helpful the Royal Fig staff was. They also made sure that my husband and I were well taken care of and really paid so much attention to all the details. I HIGHLY recommend Royal Fig for any event you may be planning!

Sent on 05/24/2018
    Royal Fig Catering 13
    Royal Fig Catering 14
    Royal Fig Catering 15
    Royal Fig Catering 16
    Royal Fig Catering 17
    Royal Fig Catering 18

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Cherisse! These pictures are great! Betsy had a wonderful time working with you and we are so happy that we were able to be a part of your wedding day. From everyone on #teamfig, we wish you the very best!