Royal Fig Catering Reviews

Royal Fig Catering 6
Royal Fig Catering 7
  • Cheryl

Cheryl · event on 01/10/2016

I enjoyed working with Claudia, she was very responsive and helpful in making choices. The food presentation and value was more than I expected. Thank you Royal Fig for making our parity a great success. Thanks Cheryl

Sent on 01/19/2016

Kristin and her team were very easy and pleasant to work with from the initial menu planning and tasting through to my daughter's wedding. They were friendly, responsive and flexible. The event was professionally executed and the staff was attentive to every guest. My friends commented that our dinner was the best food ever, and I agree. Thank you, Royal fig, for a wonderful experience!

Sent on 12/09/2015
  • User6062424 · event on 12/03/2015

Claudia, Gina, and the whole Royal Fig team was excellent to work with in every capacity. They were timely, professional, and the food looked and tasted delicious! They were accommodating of our needs, and helped our events to go off without a hitch. We will definitely work with them again for future events.

Sent on 12/26/2015

SO helpful! They listen to your requests, aren't pushy to get you to purchase thir service, and are willing to work with you by providing different options. Would highly recommend working with this company.

Sent on 08/16/2015

Best caterer in Austin!
    Royal Fig was recommended by our wedding planner, Kristi with Joyful Details, and we were so relieved to have found them. From the start, Jesse was very personal and quick to respond to any questions or concerns I had about menu options. I loved how the website was organized and the prices were upfront. We wanted to have our reception to be an extended cocktail party instead of a seated dinner so we chose the "stations" option and served several heavy appetizers. I was unsure how the night would play out since we also decided to have less seats than people for our guests. But we couldn't have been happier for how things turned it. The stations option was a hit! Not to mention the food was fabulous! Jesse did an amazing job creating the vision we had dreamed up. From the initial menu tasting to the cake cutting, we felt like VIP with Royal Fig. I also was very impressed how smoothly the planning process went for picking out the linens with Premiere Rentals (which work directly with Royal Fig) and getting extra cocktail tables ordered. The service we received from the staff was top notch. I never saw a cocktail table with a finished plate of food or an empty glass of wine for our guests. If you are looking for a stress free night with your catering, look no further. I highly recommend Royal Fig!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Rachel · Married on 10/17/2015

If you love good food and want to WOW your guests, you should look no further for your caterer!! We actually booked Royal Fig without ever doing a tasting. The option of Family Style food service and the raving reviews was enough for us but little did we know that is would be THAT good!! Good food was a top priority and Royal Fig exceeded all our expectations and then some! The food is so fresh and cooked onsite and arrives to your table piping hot while looking like a work of art. All proudly served by the happiest and most helpful servers! Where do they find these wonderful people? Disneyland? Jesse was an absolute gem to work with. He was always so quick to respond and was always willing to accommodate my requests. So personable and friendly too! You will not find better VALUE anywhere. Give your guests (and yourselves) the most memorable dining experience on your wedding day with Royal Fig! I just teared up a little bit thinking about it. :)

Sent on 06/29/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

And you made us tear up as we read this! Thank you so much Rachel! You guys were so awesome to work with!

Tami · event on 10/16/2015

Excellent caterer. The best i have ever worked with. Professional, on time, presentation was beautiful and food was fantastic. All guests raved about the deliciousness of the food.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Grace · Married on 10/16/2015

We had an intimate dinner party theme in mind for our wedding, but our large guest count made that seem impossible. Royal Fig to the rescue! Their food is anything but the typical wedding/banquet fare. It exudes farm to table, local, handmade freshness. We chose to serve family style to preserve that intimate feel. We really like food. I would say food is one of our hobbies. We love cooking it together and trying out new restaurants around town. So for us, food was really important. From start to finish, Mona made our experience spectacular. At our tasting, I expected small little samples of each dish, but no, we were given a full feast. It was so special to sit down with the chef and talk about each dish. Our meal felt like it was curated especially for us and by us, which it was. Mona was so responsive via email to my many questions. We changed our guest count and menu numerous times, and we always received an updated quote within the day.
    7 months later, and our friends STILL talk about the food at our wedding. We are at the time of our lives where there seems to be a wedding every month, so if you’re wanting to stand out from the boring old chicken and a vegetable with a dinner roll meal, go with Royal Fig.

Sent on 05/20/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Grace! Thank you so much! Your wedding was beautiful and it makes us so happy that the food was enjoyed by you and your guests. Please keep in touch! We'd love to see pictures!

Jennifer · event on 09/25/2015

Friends and I hosted a bridal shower for a friend last week. The bride lives in Austin, but the hosts all live out of town. The staff of Royal Fig made planning the shower so easy and pleasant, helping us plan a menu, preparing beautiful trays, and delivering everything in attractive (and biodegradable!) trays. The guests all loved the food - the variety and presentation made the shower feel so special and sophisticated. Thanks to everyone!

Sent on 10/01/2015
  • I

Ixamar · event on 09/19/2015

I hired Royal Fig for our housewarming party for 25 guest under their limited service option. Their service was superb, timely and very much customer oriented. The food was amazing, flavorful and the presentation was elegant and it included card with description of the platter or dish. That is attention to detail and very much appreciated. For dessert I decided for the S'more bar; that is the best investment made. If you want your guest to interact with their food, this is it - money well spend.

They are the absolute best. Needless to say many of our guest were asking for Royal Fig's information. Thank you for making this day a success.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Meg · Married on 09/12/2015

From the first tasting to the day of the wedding, Jesse Martin and the staff at Royal Fig Catering were truly unbelievable. The signature drink at our wedding, Porch Swing Tea, was an instant hit and our guests could not stop raving about the food. Also, the professionalism and the attentiveness of the wait staff was amazing. The vision and attention to detail that Jesse and his team displayed truly made our wedding one to remember. Royal Fig Catering is undoubtedly second to none, and we recommend them to anyone wanting to make their wedding as special as ours.

Sent on 09/21/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/30/2015

Planning a wedding is no easy task, and gone (mostly) are the days of evening receptions with only punch, cake, nuts, and those delightful pastel melt-in-your-mouth mints. We wanted to/needed to provide a meal for our guests, and we desperately wanted to avoid the all too common dish of overcooked and reheated meat. If we were going to spend the money on a meal for almost 200 people, we wanted it to be worthwhile, and we wanted it to be a memorable part of our wedding day. Royal Fig Catering came highly recommended by our wedding coordinator, and our experience was amazing! Their food is unique, fresh, and farm-to-table. They take pride in designing dishes that are interesting and flavorful, and their system is designed so that you can put together a menu (and an event) that is as simple or elaborate as you want. They also provide TABC certified bartenders and promise that your guests will get to eat until they are full. In addition to amazing food that is cooked on-site in their own catering vans and that delighted our guests and us, I learned through the planning process that hiring a full-service caterer is extremely important. Royal Fig took care of so many details that I never imagined necessary but was so thankful that my family did not have to manage before the wedding began and after the reception ended. Alyson and her team were a delight to work with. I felt so celebrated and taken care of throughout the whole process...from our initial tasting until I took my last bite at dinner. The planning and the eating were all positively memorable parts of our wedding experience, and I would choose to work with Alyson and Royal Fig Catering all over again.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Miri · Married on 08/15/2015

There is a good reason that Royal Fig has a consistent nearly 5 star rating. They were truly amazing down all the categories. Kristin was so accommodating, responsive, professional, and sweet during our seemingly million revisions to our contract. The food and drinks that Royal Fig prepares are delicious. We had lots of self-proclaimed foodies from Chicago in attendance and everyone raved about the quality and flavor. This is not your standard wedding food...you get a menu that looks like something out of a coursed meal at a fine dining restaurant. In terms of cost, we found them to be incredibly reasonable, especially considering the quality of their service. When pricing it out, they turned out to be less costly than Whole Foods and numerous other caterers since we were allowed to buy our own alcohol (that they turned into three amazing specialty cocktails) and they acted as a middle man for all of our tables/chairs/linen needs. Really, ask for a quote and take a look at all of the variables that you can adjust within the contract and there's a good chance that you and them can make it work for your budget. The fancy pictures and menu items scared us at first too, but we are so glad we asked for a quote. We could not have imagined a better caterer to hire for our wedding.

Sent on 08/30/2015

Sheryl · Married on 07/12/2015

If you are looking for a full service catering company, look no furthur than Royal Fig. I cannot say enough good things about this company. They catered our daughter's wedding with 250 guests last July at Pecan Springs Ranch. From the first phone call to the clean up after the wedding, it was nothing short of first class service all the way. I initially talked with Jesse regarding the pricing and then once we were contracted, Mona managed the event. Both were remarkable to work with. Lenins. dishes glassware, extra tables, service staff, delicious foods to choose from are all available with Royal Fig. Also, you know exactly what you are paying for, no hidden fees. Give them a call, you'll be glad you did!

Sent on 02/10/2016

Mario · Married on 06/19/2015

Royal Fig did an incredible job catering our wedding reception! We got many compliments on how delicious everything was. The servers were highly attentive throughout the reception and quick to help on even small requests. Royal Fig is definitely the best!

Sent on 06/22/2015
  • User5192638 · 2+ years ago

We used Royal Fig for a pre-weddding party at our house. Unlike some places I contacted, the staff was very responsive to our E-mail and phone calls. They were professional, arrived on time, set up quickly and had good suggestions. The catered food was high quality, delicious and complemented by everyone at the party.

Sent on 06/20/2015

Excellent service all the way through! The staff helped me set up extra wedding decor (as I was the coordinator) and were always available for requests I had. Also easily changed the set up of the room when I asked for it! Very quick responses. I will refer them again and again. USE THEM!!!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

RUBY · Married on 05/30/2015

Very pleased with how they handled the event. Food was done with finesse and style. Would recommend to anybody.

Sent on 06/03/2015

Haylie · Married on 05/30/2015

We could not have been more happy with Royal Fig. Not only was the food incredible, fresh, and beautifully presented, but the professionalism and friendliness of the staff cannot be beat. Starting from the initial meeting (which is an incredibly generous tasting), their staff took the time to explain everything and go over different options and ideas with us. We also loved the family style food service as it set a communal/festive tone at the wedding and removed the dreaded fear of having to wait in a long buffet line. We also used Royal Fig for passed appetizers during our cocktail hour, and they were great! My husband and I chose to eat privately while guests were at the cocktail hour, and Royal Fig totally spoiled us during our first meal as husband and wife with amazing food and champagne we requested, plus great great service. Many guests have since commented to us on how delicious the food was at our wedding. I highly recommend Royal Fig!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Caiqian · Married on 05/24/2015

Seriously just the most amazing, fun, exciting, fulfilling experience. Working with Mona at Royal Fig may have been the most fun part of planning my wedding! There's a fully customized tasting with giant portions so you can really taste any and everything that you want to serve at your wedding before you sign a contract. That was, of course, when I fell in love.

We had SO many exchanges - 50+ emails and 7 versions of our menu - and Mona was always extremely prompt, friendly, helpful, and cared so much about exactly what I wanted for the wedding.

Royal Fig also provides bartending and helps coordinate alcohol from SPECS. This made it SO easy to have wholesale-priced, customized, alcohol that I didn't have to worry at all about since Royal Fig went and picked up the alcohol and served it all night.

SOMEONE ON THE CATERING STAFF IS JUST RESPONSIBLE FOR FEEDING THE BRIDE AND GROOM! She had both of our specialty drinks in hand for us literally as soon as we stepped out from the ceremony. She then proceeded to track us down during photos and feed us pork belly buns which were amaaaazing. She went and got each of the plates from all the different stations and brought it to our little loveseat table for 2, and brought us the watermelon aqua fresca that we looove. I got fed, y'all. They care about me.

They even have an artistic eye when it comes to tables, colors, rentals, etc. They worked amazingly well with the floral people and the whole reception just looked so stunning. They folded napkins a special way to sit perfectly with the wedding favor chopsticks that we brought. It was just really beautiful!

If you've seen their menu and are wondering whether they're going to do it right, just trust me, bride from 5/24/15, that they will ask you exactly you want, and then surpass your expectations the whole night.

Sent on 05/28/2015

Christina · Married on 05/23/2015

Look no further for a catering company for your next event. The team at Royal Fig made our wedding the most memorable day of our lives. Jesse and the team at Royal Fig created a truly extraordinary menu for our wedding. The food was by far the best that I’ve ever had at a wedding! The entire team was so professional and friendly and made our family and friends feel like they were at the best restaurant in town. The food was absolutely delicious and the specialty cocktails were amazing. The team went above and beyond to make sure the wedding party was well take care of and was always available to take any special requests. The cocktail hour and reception went off perfectly. Our guests are still raving about the food and want the recipe to for the spicy cucumber cocktail! Thank you Jesse and the entire Royal Fig team for making our wedding the best day ever!

Sent on 06/20/2015

Amee · Married on 05/22/2015

Royal Fig catered our wedding - including apps, full dinner and bar service - and both my husband and I as well as our guests couldn't have been happier. Not only was the food amazing - well prepared, fresh and overall impeccable quality - but the entire experience of working with this vendor far exceeded my expectations.

Before signing any contract, we were able to taste potential menu options at no charge and bring along another couple for the tasting. Royal Fig - without asking - took a pass at making a sample of the bride signature drink, hand-infusing the lavender syrup included in the recipe and proving a bottle of champagne for us to enjoy during the tasting. They were able to advise me on head count estimates, when we should have final counts and roughly how much alcohol to order for a certain number of guests. The service during the event was also incredible. My husband and I were given glasses of water through the busy events of the day - which was so very appreciated! - and had a dedicated staff member attending to us throughout the reception.

I would highly recommend Royal Fig for any catering needs based on not only the wonderful selection and quality of the food they provide, but also based on the exceptional service that comes along with it.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Kendra · Married on 05/15/2015

Best wedding decision we made!!! The food was outstanding! We did family style and all of our guests commented on the excellent quality and attentive service they received. A former chef who attended our wedding said that this was the best food he's ever tasted at a wedding. We also had 2 signature drinks that were very unique and guests raved about.

One of the main reasons we looked into Royal Fig was because they are organic, hormone free, and committed to using fresh, local ingredients. The quality of the food was too good to pass up. We worked with Mona, who was very helpful and always quick to respond. Would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Oh my goodness, the food and drinks from the Royal Fig team absolutely blew everyone away at our wedding. Literally every single guest told us that the meal was not only the best wedding food of their lives, but maybe some of the best food they've ever tasted. And with the family style service, everyone was able to get seconds of their favorite dishes.

The steak got especially high praise, and no one could stop talking about how professional and personable the staff was. Alyson was responsive and easy to work with the entire planning process.

We knew Royal Fig was good, but they took the wedding dining experience to the next level.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Kelly · Married on 04/18/2015

Kristen and the Royal Fig Team did an absolutely outstanding job for our wedding! The food was hot, plentiful and delicious!!! The service was impeccable and our guests are still raving with compliments! We could not have been more pleased with the incredible service we received. I recommend Royal Fig wholeheartedly! They were the best!

Sent on 04/27/2015