Royal Fig Catering Reviews

Royal Fig Catering 5
Royal Fig Catering 6
Royal Fig Catering 7

Dionne · event on 09/05/2016

Our extended family of 16 was in Austin for Labor Day weekend, celebrating multiple occassions. Rather than going out we chose to cater in for Sunday brunch. This was the best decision we could have made. Royal Fig did a phenomenal job. They delivered right on time, there was more than enough for everyone, and the food was delicious. They were the best! I highly recommend them, and will definitely be calling them the next time we are in town.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We hope you had a wonderful time and look forward to serving you again!
  • F

Frani · Married on 09/03/2016

We used Royal Fig for our wedding and people are STILL telling us how amazing the food was! We agree. We worked with Jesse, and he made the process seamless and delicious. From the tasting (AMAZING) to the actual event, every step of the way was easy and fun. Our food was SO insanely good -- my husband and I made sure to spend time after the ceremony eating the cocktail hour food in a private room before going out to say hello to our guests. They brought us bites of EVERY SINGLE item. We had a family-style dinner with fish, beef, and sides and it was all piping hot, amazingly yummy, and looked gorgeous. Royal Fig has a good reputation for good reason. We'd hire them again for any event.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

We just LOVED working with you Frani! Thank you so much for your kind words. It means so much that you and your guests enjoyed themselves. Best wishes to you both!
  • User7142481 · event on 08/27/2016

We loved all of the dishes that Royal Fig prepared for my daughter's engagement party last weekend. Not only was the food delicious, the presentation was beautiful! The food arrived on time and Brett was very courteous and competent with the setup. Gina was also very patient and helpful with food recommendations. I appreciate the entire team and couldn't be more pleased. Thanks so much Royal Fig for making my party a huge success!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Debbie · Married on 07/23/2016

My daughter used Royal Fig for her wedding on July 23, 2016. It was absolutely perfect in every way; food was delicious, service was great, staff was very friendly, presentation of food was great, and food was served very timely. The number of guest at our wedding was 160 and we couldn't be more pleased with Royal Fig. I would highly recommend them!!!

Sent on 07/27/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words and support! We really enjoyed working with you and your family. Please send pictures!

Emily · Married on 07/09/2016

I worked with Jesse from Royal Fig for my Ma Maison wedding. What he ended up putting together for me and my husband was spectacular. Our vendor had an on-site kitchen, so having a vendor that can cook on site instead of bringing food pre-cooked and serving after being warmed was a priority. This was evident through the numerous compliments we got, that the food at our wedding was the favorite wedding food. Jesse was able to capture the style we were looking for, and turn it into a menu that represented us. Royal Fig buys everything that week, so the food is super fresh. We had bacon + okra hushpuppies, and shrimp+ guac served on a toasted for apps, which were amazing. Dinner included roasted chicken, salad, garlic macaroni and cheese and green beans with a tomato jam. All the food was so, so, so good. Bartenders and servers from what I experienced were a joy to work with.

Working with Jesse is highly recommended - he was open to making any sorts of changes as necessary, and extremely responsive. Thank you Royal Fig for making the day so great!

Sent on 08/03/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for such a great review Emily! We really appreciate you taking the time to spread the word. It was so fun working with you. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful! Best wishes to you both!

Homer and Carol · event on 07/01/2016

For our 50th Wedding Anniversary, Royal Fig provided food and beverage, with service, for a four course reception consisting of appetizers, salads, entrees with sides, deserts, along with specialty drinks. All of the food tasted great, was presented well, and served wonderfully. The specialty drinks were the "nectar of the gods". The Ultimate S'mores Bar very creative and a big hit with the grandchildren, and the adults. Everything was perfect and everybody had a wonderful time. We couldn't have had a better 50th celebration, with food and service by Royal Fig fantastic. Our family has used Royal Fig multiple times, for different events, and we couldn't have been more pleased with all of them. We will certainly use them again, and refer them to everyone.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

We have been so grateful that you've let us be a part of your family's special occasions over the years. Congratulations on 50 years!
  • W

Wendy · event on 06/25/2016

Claudia, Gina and Royal Fig did an amazing job for my Housewarming party, everyone raved about the food. They were easy to work with and very flexible, will use them again.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Katie · Married on 06/18/2016

Royal Fig catered my wedding on June 18th, and I can't say enough good things about them. Towards the end of my wedding planning I sent Alyson 5 emails a day sometimes, and she always answered them thoroughly and promptly. This made it so easy to plan and to change little details such as linen colors. The food and signature cocktails (sangria) at my wedding were AMAZING! I have one relative who is notoriously critical of food at restaurants and weddings, and she told me it was the best food she had ever eaten at a wedding and that she couldn't get enough of it. Many more people repeated the same comment. All of the staff who worked the wedding were super nice and very responsive too. I would recommend Royal Fig to anyone planning a big event or wedding.

Sent on 07/02/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! We loved working with you this past year and wish you guys all the best! Can't wait to see pictures! :)

Sharon · Married on 06/18/2016

If you are trying to decide on a caterer, you must select Royal Fig Catering, caterer extraordinaire! That is if you want experience, professionalism, great food, superb service, etc. etc. etc. Royal Fig and Jesse Martin are absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!!!!! Jesse was so very patient and professional even though I asked millions of questions. He helped us determine the serving style and menu that would best meet our needs for our daughter and son-in-laws wedding reception. Jesse took care of every detail and the food was absolutely magnificent - the reception was in June and we are still receiving compliments about how good the food was!!! Jesse and the Royal Fig staff completely captured our daughter and son-in-laws vision for their wedding reception and made it a PERFECT evening for every one!!! So if you are looking for a caterer that will take care of everything as you want it to be, give ROYAL FIG a call now and ask for Jesse!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Sharon! The wedding was beautiful and we were honored to be a part of it. We really appreciate your kindness in leaving a review!

Dana · event on 06/04/2016

Gina and her team were fantastic. They provided wonderful service and the food was amazing.

Sent on 06/08/2016

Karin · Married on 05/29/2016

The food at my daughter's wedding was excellent, and our communication with the staff during the planning stage was terrific. The servers at the wedding were professional and very sweet. I highly recommend Royal Fig for any event!

Sent on 07/05/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the positive review! It was truly our pleasure!

Kristy · Married on 05/14/2016

WOW is this food good! I hired Royal Fig for my May 14th wedding and they just blew us and all our guests away. From the first tasting, Jesse was so sweet and helpful, and he continued to be AMAZING through our entire process. They serve seasonal fare, and as one guest told me "it tastes like it's made by people who love food." Everything from the appetizers (personal fav: bacon wrapped date stuffed with a marcona almond) to the late night snack (grilled cheese with short rib meat and peperonata jam?!) was just honestly so, so good. All of our guests raved about it! The servers were incredible, and they made an effort to ensure my husband and I were served appetizers during pictures, kept our wine glasses full, and served us a private meal while guests were being served. What a bonus--getting to eat at your wedding! The plating is gorgeous too. I cannot recommend them highly enough, you will be convinced by taste alone, but I can honestly say the service is impeccable. Thank you Royal Fig!

Sent on 06/07/2016

LIsa · event on 05/04/2016

We used Royal Fig to cater our non-profit luncheon. They were extremely easy to work with and attentive to my requests and needs. I worked with Kristen, Claudia and Stacy and was impressed with their friendliness and willingness to help. The onsite catering staff was also very cordial and easy to work with. I loved the variety of food available from the limited service menu. Everything was tasty and we received lots of compliments from our guests. I look forward to using Royal Fig again.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Lisa! It was an amazing event and we were honored to be a part of it.

Dana · Married on 05/01/2016

From the initial tasting and menu planning to the logistics and day of, Mona and the Royal Fig team were just superb. Food was very important component for us on our big day and Royal Fig executed better than we could have expected. Mona even helped us map out our reception space and was always available for for questions and help with the nitty-gritty details. We cannot say enough good things about our experience with Royal Fig, Mona and the serving staff. I wish we could do it all over again if just for the food! Thank you, thank you!! Dana & Ian

Sent on 05/16/2016

lauren · Married on 04/17/2016

The service and food was absolutely amazing! The communication leading up to the wedding was superb. The tasting was done in such a wonderful and elegant way, we felt like we were out to dinner. The staff was professional throughout the entire process. We never felt like they were trying to "sell" us anything. They also coordinated with the linen company to make sure everything went smoothly. The food itself...best.wedding.food.ever. It was fantastic. People were literally raving about it. I would highly recommend Royal Fig!

Sent on 05/15/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Lauren! We truly enjoyed working with you and your family and wish you all the best as you start your lives together!

Andrew · Married on 04/10/2016

Royal Fig catered our Wildflower Center wedding in April – we had passed appetizers during cocktail hour, a family style seated dinner, and decided on a selection of desserts instead of a traditional wedding cake. We loved the meal and received such positive feedback from our guests, some of whom commented that it wasn’t just delicious food for a wedding; it was delicious food period. We wish we could go back and eat it all over again! Royal Fig provided a lovely tasting, which really helped us to make our decisions, and they coordinated all of the staffing and rentals, from dishes to tables and chairs. We initially worked with Kristen when making our menu selections and worked with Betsy on all of the event specifics. We appreciated their prompt communication and responsiveness throughout the planning process. The event flowed very smoothly and the staff was so pleasant and attentive. It was wonderful!

Sent on 05/28/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Andrew! We enjoyed working with you guys so much. We just saw some of the photos this week and they were BEAUTIFUL! All the best to you both!

Kelly · Married on 04/08/2016

Royal Fig was beyond perfect to work with and was instrumental in helping to make our wedding a success. From start to finish, they were top-notch professionals. We were pretty much sold just from looking at reviews and photos online, but after our tasting there was no other choice we could make. The food is phenomenal.

We worked with Jesse, who was great to work with. An email or call never went unanswered. Toward the end we had a lot of little changes (because I was a pretty obsessive bride) and he was always patient and accommodating.

All of our correspondence leading up to the wedding day was great, which made it easy not to stress about how the actual day would go. I knew I could trust them to take care of us and make our day special, and that's exactly what they did! The food is incomparable - so many guests remarked about how good it was. The presentation and service was also incredible!

We can't thank Royal Fig and Jesse enough for making our day so special. If you are thinking about booking them for your wedding - DO IT. We promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 04/12/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much! You guys were so awesome to work with. We truly appreciate you making us a part of your day. Best wishes to you!

David · Married on 03/05/2016

We had our wedding at a venue in downtown Austin, and Royal Fig catered. It was a difficult venue to load in and out of, and yet they made it look effortless.

I was adamant that we have good food at the wedding – that was to be the one aspect I would cut no corners on – good food is important. We had the smoked prime rib, two salads, the antipasto and the biscuit bar.

Their food was perfect. Tender meat, perfectly prepared vegetables & lovely presentation. And take it from every one of my guests – get the biscuit bar.

Working with Royal Fig was easier than easy. Thoroughly professional but also very friendly, they provided excellent guidance as to what we should have at our wedding to have a balance and – more importantly – they didn’t try to oversell anything. Actually, they reined us in when we were going overboard – both by understanding the event and knowing how much they were providing, but also by knowing the space and how it was to be set up.

Their service was perfect.

The staff, waiters, bussers and bartenders were all extraordinarily friendly and invisible – you didn’t know they were there, and yet they were everywhere right when you needed them. I had a couple of specific instructions as to how I wanted food and drink served – no problem. And they set up a separate area for us to hide for a few minutes and have a meal! So great.

They are not inexpensive, but they are worth every single penny. This is not a drawback at all - the quality came through.

Kristen and Jesse – thank you very, very much.

Sent on 03/10/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words David! It was our pleasure! We wish you both the very best!

Madeline · Married on 03/05/2016

After going to wedding after wedding my husband and I realized that we only remembered the food if there was something special otherwise it all blended together. We came to the conclusion that we would either try to find a vendor that could give us a unique menu or just have basic food and spend more on things that were more important to us. Royal Fig's station options were exactly what we were looking for! The initial estimate was bit higher than we wanted spend, but the menu options and having an all-inclusive caterer who runs the show trumped the price. Kristen was so helpful with all my questions. She had great suggestions and we ended up with a menu that we were very excited about. Betsy was our event coordinate and I could not recommend her more! She is so sweet and helpful and always on top of things. The tasting meeting was great to iron out any changes and know what to expect the day of. Betsy came to our planning meeting with the venue to help with the layout and coordinate with out wedding planner, which was great because we had no clue what we were doing. I had 100% confidence in Royal Fig and never worried about how things would go the day of. They did not disappoint! The food was perfect. The presentation was perfect. So many guests have told us how much they liked the comfort food station and biscuit bar. The staff was equally as amazing. Royal Fig prioritizes getting the bride and groom fed first so we actually ate and enjoyed the food. Someone was always asking us if we needed another drink or more food. Overall our experience with Royal Fig was everything we had hoped for. We didn’t have to worry about coordinating a thing. They handled all the linens, staffing, set up/clean up, and even picked up the alcohol for us. Planning with them was such a stress free process! Even the wedding day was stress free and they had everything under control. We are so glad we went with Royal Fig, they helped make our wedding such a dream!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

It was truly our pleasure Madeline! Thank you so much for your kind words. Best wishes to you both as you start your lives together!

Erica · Married on 02/26/2016

Wow, where can I even begin?! My husband and I knew from the moment we started planning our wedding, that we wanted to serve food that was elegant, unpretentious, delicious and unique. We definitely are of the belief system that food is one of the real and true joys of life and wanted that to come through to our guests at our wedding. We were so lucky to have the honor to work with Mona throughout the planning process. This was one of, if not the most fun parts of planning our wedding. They even accommodated 2 tastings for us because we started having second thoughts on some of our choices. We switched some things around and created the most PERFECT wedding menu. Royal Fig also works closely with Specs to coordinate alcohol delivery as well as Premier Rentals so that you can work with your RF coordinator on all the decor needed. Mona handled it all and we couldn't have been happier with how it all turned out. Our guests LOVED the food - especially the short ribs and mac and cheese (of course)! The breakfast tacos were a delicious and perfect midnight snack :) We really couldn't say more positive things about our experience. Mona was the most amazing and patient person throughout the entire process. We exchanged over 100 emails and she never made me feel like I was a bother. She is the absolute best and I'm lucky to know her. If you are looking for the highest quality in food and service from start to finish, look no further than Royal Fig. They are the embodiment of true hospitality and take such pride in providing fresh, locally sourced food to their clients. The only negative is that I can't eat their food more often! We are so happy to have been a Royal Fig wedding and recommend them without reservation. We love you guys!

Sent on 03/21/2016

Royal Fig Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! It was truly a pleasure working with you guys throughout the process. Your wedding was GORGEOUS and it was our honor to be a part of it! Can't wait to see pictures!
  • User6414245 · event on 02/21/2016

The food was excellent. I would have liked to know what was in the antipasto as we did not know what some of the items were when the guests inquired.

Sent on 02/25/2016

Erin · Married on 02/20/2016

delicious, a great value, and great to work with!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Errica · event on 01/28/2016

We love Royal Fig! Our company has turned to Royal Fig for quality food and exceptional service several times for our catering needs and they have always delivered an outstanding service. From the beautiful layouts to the attention to detail, our guests thought we got the food from some exotic restaurant, they just couldn't believe a local caterer was able to do such beautiful trays. We will continue to use Royal Fig not only because they are always very responsive and accommodating but because they serve the most delicious and stunning food. It's true what they say, you eat with your eyes first, and Royal Fig leaves you wanting for more!

Sent on 01/29/2016
  • Cheryl

Cheryl · event on 01/10/2016

I enjoyed working with Claudia, she was very responsive and helpful in making choices. The food presentation and value was more than I expected. Thank you Royal Fig for making our parity a great success. Thanks Cheryl

Sent on 01/19/2016

Kristin and her team were very easy and pleasant to work with from the initial menu planning and tasting through to my daughter's wedding. They were friendly, responsive and flexible. The event was professionally executed and the staff was attentive to every guest. My friends commented that our dinner was the best food ever, and I agree. Thank you, Royal fig, for a wonderful experience!

Sent on 12/09/2015