57 Reviews for d. Royal Engagements

Cultural (3)
Non-Religious (3)
Religious (2)
Destination (1)

If you need a wedding planner, Denise and her team are there for you! I highly recommend Denise! I was planning a wedding on top of - selling a house, buying a house, volunteering on the weekends, and working full time. Can you say chaos??? Pure chaos. Denise kept me on track and kept my focus to certain tasks instead of being overwhelmed with the full picture. On the rehearsal dinner and day of, she and her team took care of EVERYTHING!! I knew she said she would, but to actually not lift a finger on my wedding day was fantastic! Everything went smoothly! Even during the reception when we had to last minute tweak some timelines to accommodate our elderly guests, she figured it out in a snap and made it happen. Thank you, Denise!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/16/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Non-Religious

Denise truly blew our expectations of a wedding coordinator out of the water. When we started looking for a coordinator, we assumed we would mostly be using the for the month leading up to the wedding. Denise went far beyond that, meeting with us regularly to make sure our vision for the wedding was on track. One amazing thing about Denise is that it is clear she can work with all types of people. However, for us, it was very necessary to have someone who is not afraid to say what she thinks and not afraid to take the lead for the big day when the time is right. Denise was so supportive of everything we wanted, but she also gave us great ideas and suggestions when we weren't certain about some aspects of the wedding. She and her team were very, very professional throughout the whole experience. When it was time to pass the vendors on to Denise, she made us feel perfectly comfortable letting her handle everyone and everything. When our wedding day arrived, she and her team once again exceeded expectations. She anticipated our questions, solved potential issues before they even came up, and went out of her way to make us, our wedding party, and all of our guests feel wonderful. We knew we wanted to use Denise at our first meeting, but by the end of our wedding day, it was obvious that she was the perfect choice for us. If you meet with Denise, you will want her for your wedding! And if you haven't met with her, you should!

Profile Picture Jonathan , 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Denise and team are simply AMAZING! I had the pleasure to work with them for a June wedding in Napa. I worked with Denise to plan each detail leading up the the wedding day. Everything from start to finish she had it covered!! Planning is the most important part and she was not only extremely knowledgeable and helpful she was amazingly organized. She was responsive to my many calls, text, and emails. I even called her one time when she was out of the office to ask her questions regarding the timeline. She let me know that she was not in front of her computer at the moment and would get back to me if she had to... BUT!! She had everything memorized without event looking at the timeline and was able to get all my questions answered. IMPRESSIVE right! Day of: Wow! Everything came together so seamlessly. She designed every little detail of the wedding and it was a dream come true and the lighting that she recommended was definitely worth every penny.

Profile Picture Derek , 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

A wedding coordinator is one of the most stress-relieving investments you can make when planning a wedding, and we are so glad we had the opportunity to work with Denise! First of all, she does so much more than just coordinate the month before the wedding. As soon as we signed with her, we started having monthly check-in calls to review what had been done the previous month and what needed to be done the next month in order to stay on track. This is super helpful for brides with demanding jobs.

Secondly, she is happy to make time for you any time you need it and help in any way she can – her main goal is to make sure you are happy and you love every minute of your wedding. Denise has a full team on the day of the wedding to make sure all goes smoothly and events happen on time – if there’s a hiccup, the team will take care of it! I knew from the start that everything would go perfectly – Denise is so organized and detailed, which I loved.

I love that Denise is super bubbly and has a positive outlook – no matter how crazy either of our schedules might be. I really enjoyed working with her and had the wedding of our dreams thanks to Denise and her team. We are so grateful for the beautiful memories we’ll cherish for years to come – thank you d. Royal Engagements!

Profile Picture Orchid, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Cultural, Non-Religious

I cannot begin to tell you what an AMAZING person Denise was for my wedding! Without Denise, my wedding would not have run smoothly and we would not have been able to stick to our timeline. The work that she and her team did was incredible. I planned and booked everything for my wedding myself, but as the day got closer I realized I needed help for day-of coordination. I found Denise and had an awesome conversation with her. She took over all of my vendor coordination starting 6 weeks before my wedding. I had over 12 vendors so it was really great to have her coordinate with them. She also developed our entire day of timeline which was very extensive. She completely ran our wedding and day of services. My mom, family, bridesmaids, and I were all able to relax and get ready for the wedding without having to worry about any set-up or coordination. She set-up all decorations, chairs, and tables. She made sure that all of the vendors were on time and that we stuck to our timeline. Her main focus during the whole day was my husband and I and making sure we were happy and fed. My now husband surprised me with a performance during the reception (he is a drummer, and my other friends are musicians) and she worked with him before the wedding to plan this surprise fo me (I had NO idea!). We also had a surprise planned for our parents that she helped us execute. She also coordinated the clean-up at the end of the night so we didn't have to worry about anything!

Denise treated our wedding as if it was her own. I could not be more impressed with her and her team and everything that they did for us. She made me think of things that totally would have been missed if I did not have her there to help me. Hiring her was the BEST decision of my whole wedding (besides marrying my husband) and I would hire her again in a heartbeat. You will NOT regret having her by your side during this special time in your life!

Profile Picture Margaret, 11/5/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists

My now husband and I were very much looking forward to planning our wedding, but we had chosen a venue in the South Bay, while I was living in Eastern Canada, and my husband was planning a move to leave San Francisco and join me before the wedding! Our photographer recommended we meet with Denise of d.Royal Engagements, and we absolutely loved her from our first meeting! She was ready with a binder and a bunch of Google Drive files and folders from the get go. I was definitely an type A bride, and was nervous about the loss of control I might feel, planning a wedding from so far away. Denise absolutely catered to this, and regularly checked in on us. Not only did she have a comprehensive plan and timeline we should follow, but she also regularly checked in on how we were feeling and just the whole emotional aspect of getting ready to take such a big plunge.

Denise absolutely loves her job, and it shows. Her dedication to her clients is incredible. She clearly loves all her clients, but she will make you feel so special when she’s taking care of you. She had great ideas and contacts for vendors, and always welcomed our ideas with enthusiasm. Her #1 goal is that we be happy with our big day. When the big day finally came, having her around felt completely indispensable. We didn’t have to worry about any of the minor details. We were simply carted off from one part of the wedding to the next. The day went off without a hitch, and it unfolded even better than we were expecting. If you’re looking for someone that’s not only an amazing wedding planner, but also an all-around amazing woman and human being, Denise is your lady!!! If we could, we would give her 6 stars, maybe even 7!!!!!

Profile Picture Nathalie, 9/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

When we were initially shopping around for wedding coordinators, some balked at our budget. Denise was professional, poised and rationally went through the different ways we could make ends meet. She ended up being the best coordinator ever. EVER.

Though we contracted her for just a day of service, she provided a number of quality vendor recommendations and kept us on track for planning our wedding. We were happy to let her take over correspondence with our vendors the month prior to ensure a smooth coordination for the event. Here's the kicker: she doesn't take kick-backs from 'preferred vendors' and passes the savings onto you.

We were really quite surprised by the number of wedding items she was gracious to let us borrow for the day of the event - e.g. Mr & Mrs signs, a cake topper, etc. We also contracted her to do some center pieces which were HOLY SMOKES REALLY AMAZING AND BETTER THAN ANYONE COULD HAVE ANTICIPATED.

The day of our rehearsal she helped herd the family/friends and set expectations for the wedding day. The big day itself she was very on top of it ensuring the event proceeded smoothly without a hitch. Someone knocked over a glass? No problem, Denise had it handled.

My wife broke out in hives when she realized all the planning and coordination that goes into play for planning a wedding. Denise was there to coach us and alleviate the whole process. She gives you her time to make sure it'll be a stellar event and you can tell she has the wisdom and expertise into knowing what works. So do yourself a favor and hire Denise.

Profile Picture Peter, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Book her! You won't regret it, she was absolutely AMAZING! We wanted to find the perfect wedding planner for our needs and Denise was IT!

Looking back, working with Denise was one of the most important things we did! With such big families, many many vendors, and complex logistics over the course of the week, there was no way we’d do this alone, and Denise made sure it all happened seamlessly while making sure we were able to actually enjoy our wedding.

Denise understands the complexities of planning marriages and taking on a marriage as complex as ours is a testament to her skill. We didn’t worry once during our wedding week and had a blast actually enjoying what we spent so much time planning for. We were able to enjoy time with our families all week long, instead of worrying about all the event details. Denise pays attention to small — albeit important — details while maintaining the overall picture and vision of what we as a couple wanted, making sure that core focus was never lost. It’s hard navigating difficult relationships with vendors and families but Denise made it so we didn’t think about that once and simply gave us our happy families and friends to enjoy during our wedding week. Contracts, timings, details of what goes where — none of it ever crossed our mind because Denise simply made it happen by incorporating our vision and design. We essentially shared with her what we wanted, and she made it happen! And because she knows what she's doing, we trusted her wholeheartedly, something that's really hard for a Type A like myself to do usually!

We couldn’t have been happier to have worked with Denise. She has the perfect blend of professionalism and friendliness, and continue to keep in touch long after the wedding!

Profile Picture Priya, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Cultural, Religious

If I were to give any advice to a couple thinking about booking Denise, I would say DO IT and DO IT NOW!!!! Denise kept me sane during the entire wedding planning process and because of her I was able to enjoy our wedding weekend. From our first conversation, I knew Denise and I were a perfect match, and she saw and understood my vision and I knew she would always have our best interest in mind. Denise kept me organized during the wedding process, thought of things and situations I could have never thought of, and helped us work through it. Denise was so involved in the process and helped keep me on track and eliminated my stress! Starting from 6 weeks before our wedding, she became the point of contact to all my vendors, in order to help alleviate the stress and pressure from my fiance and I so we were able to enjoy the weeks before our wedding. She really was amazing in reminding me to let go and allow myself to enjoy the process. When our wedding weekend finally approached, Denise and her team were ABOVE & BEYOND AMAZING!!! She and her team seriously blew us all out of the water with our involved, organized, attentive, and sweet they were. We had a few last minute crisis that happened (which happens to everyone) and they were on top of it! I didn't even know they were happening until I found out after the wedding. Someone was always with me and the groom making sure we were staying on schedule with our timeline, and taking care of any last minute errands we had. Our venue (ceremony, cocktail and reception) were set up EXACTLY the way I had ever envisioned. It was stunning, gorgeous! Denise helped bring our fairy-tale wedding to life, and for that I will forever be grateful! I feel so honored and blessed to have had her as our wedding planner and I would recommend her to anyone getting married !!!

Profile Picture Sheila, 7/2/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Cultural, Ceremony, Reception

My wedding would not have happened without Denise! She walked me through all of the important pre-day planning - and asked lots of questions that weren't on my radar - and then she and her team executed the weekend so perfectly. I felt completely supported and everything went off without a hitch. She also has such a calming and positive attitude, exactly what you need when things can get a bit stressful or overwhelming. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews

Love Denise!!! She really knows what she is doing

Profile Picture AyV, 5/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Denise and team are awesome! She is professional, knowledgeable, and organized. Denise gives great advice and is easy to work with.

Profile Picture Derek , 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Denise is great! Very well organized, detail oriented. Helped us with our vendors, our big day went out without a hitch even though it rained. I could not speak more highly of Denise. Love her!

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Denisa was absolutely amazing!! Couldn't have done it without her!! She's very patient, understanding and all about us!! She never cut us short on time, instead she gave us way more than expected. Our wedding was perfection and ran so smoothly!! Can't thank her enough!!

Profile Picture Yvonne, 11/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My journey for the perfect wedding began with the selection of a wedding planner. I knew going into the planning process that we needed to find the right wedding planner to pull off what turned out to be a very complicated wedding. Our wedding consisted of a 2-day event. It included a Friday night rehearsal dinner, a Saturday Catholic wedding followed by a reception, a Sunday Tea ceremony, and formal sit down dinner. This meant two different caterers, two different venues and two different programs. To make things worse, I only had 7 months to the wedding date. This is quite a challenge for any planner and some would say it can’t be done. We met with two planners and they both were a little nervous about the scope and timing. Both tried to scale down the event and convince us that making it simpler would be the best route. Feeling discouraged, we decided to meet with one more planner and then make a decision. Denise was that third planner. From the first time we met her, she was enthusiastic and excited to work with us. She did not try to change our plans our steer us in any alternate directions. She just focused on what we wanted for our wedding. I am very picky, and I tend to want control of everything. I wanted everything to be perfect. Denise took this all in stride. She took my apprehension and encouraged me to let go and enjoy the process. She was always happy and upbeat, full of energy and hard working. But her biggest assets was that she was amazingly organized. We had so many moving parts to our wedding. She kept it all together and moving forward. She kept us on track and was the point of contact for all my vendors.Everything came off without a hitch, from the decorations, flowers, place setting. Denise made sure we kept on schedule with a timeline on the day of the wedding. We would not have been able to do it without Denise. She had the ability to understand what I wanted even when I could not verbalize!

Profile Picture User7268819, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We were absolutely pleased with d.Royal Engagements' support. From the first day we met with Denise, her whole package proposal really made me feel so much less overwhelmed-- I looked at what she would provide and wanted to marry HER! And then she really overdelivered, and exceeded my expectations. She gave great advice at crucial times, spent tons of time with us in person and on the phone--and then of course there's the fact that she found us our DJ and florist and sofreh aghd designer (among other things)! Without question d.Royal Engagements was a huge part of our wedding and I don't really like to think about what it would have been like to even attempt it without Denise. Kind of makes me anxious just thinking about it.

Profile Picture Maria, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Denise is absolutely the best wedding coordinator you could ask for. From the second we started working together, she made me feel ease about all the details. She handles the details professionally, and ahead of time, so that you don't have to! She is incredibly responsive (which is SO IMPORTANT), and she went above and beyond what was expected. I think she did triple the work that was expected of her in the contract, without even mentioning it, because she is so committed to her work. She also did an amazing job working with my picky family (who also loved her), and making sure everyone in my family had their voice heard. Even my photographer, videographer, and make up stylist told me how much they loved working with Denise. If you are considering a wedding coordinator, you do not have to look anywhere else. She does a great job of making your vision come to life, while also knowing when to step in and save you from going down the wrong path. She is absolutely the best.

Profile Picture User5469642, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Denise was fantastic! From the moment we met, her energy, organization, and execution completely make you feel like she has everything under control. She was so easy to work with and was always quick to respond to our questions and requests.

She also got along great with my fiancee's family... and this was no easy task! They all enjoyed working with her and commented how wonderful she was throughout the whole process. I can't say it enough, Denise helped us have the most amazing day ever! I would highly, highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Bryan, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

If I could give Denise more stars, I totally would!!! She was awesome in every aspect of helping us plan our wedding. She was extremely responsive when I was asking her a million and one questions, and always had the right patience and understanding for me as a bride. She was super flexible and was willing to help us with whatever she could, which was great! Denise was also great with making sure that everything was on schedule, and that things were getting check off the list. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is getting married! We seriously would not know what to do without her!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/22/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Denise is INCREDIBLE. she saw our truly wild wedding vision (documented here: http://superstrengthhealth.com/wedding/ ) and made it happen without a hitch. I love her enthusiasm, her commitment and her drive!

Profile Picture lacy, 8/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Denise brings her "A" to every planning session and definitely the day of. Without a doubt, she is a wedding planner Super Woman. No detail is left undiscussed, no guest left unattended.

Profile Picture Ben, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We originally didn't plan on hiring a coordinator. But in the end we couldn't have pulled off the wonderful wedding that we had without the help and coordination from Denise. She helped us out in so many ways, from helping us with the timeline to running out to purchase last-minute items on the day of our wedding! She was great.

Profile Picture Ian, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

When I first started wedding planning I had signed a contract with another wedding planner. Several months into the planning process I realized how important the chemistry between the coordinator and the couple is we decided to not use the vendor we had. We found Denise - A God Sent!! From the moment I spoke with Denise I fell in love with her persona. Denise has such a calm persona, she is always happy and positive, and so hard working person with lots of strength which kept me and my family calm through the entire wedding planning process. I am a very picky and love having control of everything especially when it came to our wedding I wanted everything to be perfect and it was very hard for me to trust anyone with 100% - Denise overcame that for me. A month before the wedding she asked me to hand everything to her and as hard as it was I trusted her and she did not let me down for a second. We had a very complicated and cultural Persian wedding but she handled all of without a pinch. Even when things didn't go right with other vendors she handled it so perfectly, finding us backup vendors and making sure everything would be seamless.

Denise truly brought my fairy-tale wedding to life, everything went so smoothly and everything was beyond beautiful! I could not have done any of it without her help. Even up until the day before my wedding she was helping me with all my last minute errands and final ties. She was truly amazing at handling difficult situations so smoothly. I truly enjoyed my wedding day and all the months leading up to the wedding all because of Denise! I can't thank her enough!

Profile Picture User3477482, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I had a tough wedding to plan in a limited time frame. My wedding was a surprise for most of the guests and for this reason my event had a lot of moving pieces to coordinate. I had many vendors and a venue with many restrictions. Denise and her company went well above and beyond our expectations to help make our event memorable, and to run smoothly. She is organized, professional, responsive and excellent at improvising. I am so glad that my wedding is over, as nice as it all was, but royal engagements was a miraculous find in helping our vision of a wedding surprise come to life!

Profile Picture Shannon, 6/28/15, 1 Review