Rouge Fine Catering Reviews

Rouge Fine Catering 6
Rouge Fine Catering 7

Melissa · Married on 04/18/2015

I love Rouge!
    I met Heather R. at the Havre de Grace Wedding Walk in 2014 and was immediately take away with the quality and mission statement of Rouge. At first I was a little taken back with the price and decided to look into other caterers. If you want quality food at your wedding, there is no other option. Other caterers might be less expensive when you only look at the per person price for food, however they didn't include so many necessary things... like ice! I actually had one vendor tell me that we would have to pay extra to have ice for drinks. Many offered to build us a custom menu as well, for aditional cost. Rouge did none of that. Heather was so patient with my many questions and really helped to build an amazing menu I knew my guests would love.

As the time approached my wedding, which was just on April 18, 2015, Heather helped calm my nerves and answer so many questions about logistics. I can not express what a relief it was to respond "Heather/Rouge is handling that" to the many questions I kept being asked. She really acted like a wedding coordinator. My reception was flawless and gorgeous and I know that was 100% thanks to Heather and the staff at Rouge. Every single guest mentioned how amazing the food was.

I would hands down use Rouge for any event in the future that needed catering. I only wish I had more food at my wedding!

Sent on 04/28/2015

Hunter · Married on 04/18/2015

We used Rouge for our April 2015 wedding and they were worth every penny. They were extremely helpful at building a very comprehensive menu, including drinks, at a very good price point. They were also very flexible, and as we got closer to the event, they allowed us to make adjustments to the menu. They took very detailed notes about our requests for the day, so during our wedding, things went flawlessly. So much so, that we almost didn't interact with the staff during our wedding, except when they brought us a special plate with all the appetizers and served us dinner. Our guests are still talking about how good the food was and our wedding coordinator is still talking about how easy Rouge made it on her. Best caterer ever.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Keith · event on 04/13/2015

When Cole Roofing has an event such as our Annual Attendance Rewards Meeting, the quality of the food and all the "Packaging and Service Items" reflects in the thoughtfulness and gratitude we hope to relay to our folks. Rouge Catering exemplifies that quality and more. All the flatware, chafing dishes, napkins etc. are high quality that compliments the great food. Thank you from the Cole Roofing family!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Leslie · Married on 04/11/2015

Rouge was wonderful. The wedding was in Annapolis. The tables looked wonderful and many people have told e that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. I highly recommend a tour of their facility in Hunt Valley and you will see what a well organized facility this is! The head chef was even at our event. Truly I couldn't have asked for more- raw bar, fantastic stations and a cupcake tower. Beverages and bar were great and the staff went out of their ways to be friendly and make sure the bride and groom got enough to eat!!

Sent on 04/17/2015

Louise · event on 03/25/2015

We have used Rouge twice and will definitely recommend and use them again. Their food is very good and presented nicely.

Sent on 03/26/2015

Dara · Married on 03/21/2015

Rouge was such a great decision for catering! They were so great to work with! We worked with them to put together amazing hors d'oeuvres/dinner and desert shooters. They made the best options possible and stuck to our price range. While at my wedding, the head chef came out to take a picture with me. This made me feel very honored that he came to check how everything was. It felt very personable! The coordinator Jordan that we worked with, was very responsive and made me feel assured. Everything went smoothly and my guests raved about the food!!
    I strongly recommend this catering company!

Sent on 03/25/2015

Ashley · Married on 01/24/2015

Simply DELISIOUS! We are still getting compliments on how amazing our wedding food was. We had a 300 person sit down dinner reception, and they did not miss a beat. We worked with Emily, and she was so patient, kind, and professional. For our tasting they brought us to their facility, and gave us a tour, and showed us what goes on behind the scene. That sealed the deal for my father, he could see they used as much fresh ingredients as possible, and the tasting was AMAZING. Emily made our entire process painless and smooth, she was extremely sweet and knowledgeable. Her staff was professional and also a pleasure to work with. If we ever have another event they are our go to caterer. We cannot thank them enough for everything.

Sent on 09/27/2015

Everyone raved about the meal we had at our wedding. We absolutely loved working with the Rouge staff. The wait staff was un real, they memorized the bridal parties names, served my husband and I drinks all throughout the night and were amazingly friendly.

Setting up the menu was a dream and the food is the BEST. You can't choose another food vendor- Rouge has to be it.

Sent on 12/02/2014

Bonnie · event on 11/01/2014

Our event was beautiful and turned more wonderful than I had dreamed. Rouge catering was great to work with. The food was excellent and we had so many great comments from our guest. Johnathan the chief came out to greet us before the buffet was served. Rouge worked with us to put together a huge buffet menu of fabulous food.

Anna our event manager from Rouge was on top of things the whole night. Her and her team assembled the tables and decor (flower arrangements/candles)we had left earlier that day for placement perfectly. It was beautiful when we walked in.

The servers and staff were very perfessional. Great service and clean up was seamless.

Sent on 11/06/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/25/2014

Rouge Carering is absolutely fantastic! Staff were incredible to work with! From initial scheduling and tasting to the delicious food and awesome service staff On our wedding day! They were so wonderful to work with and thank you for making our wedding day incredibly yummy!!!!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Katherine · Married on 10/25/2014

Rouge Fine Catering was the first place my husband and I tried for catering and after our tasting we found no reason to even look anywhere else. My venue had a list of approved caterers that we had to choose from and all I can say is I'm so glad Rouge was on it. Their food is AMAZING! When my husband and I went around to all the tables to greet people at the wedding not a plate was left with food on it. We also had delicious hor d'oeurves for cocktail hour and homemade hot chocolate. Again, everything tasted wonderful. Alcoholic beverages were spot on and the employees were all so friendly! They work in conjunction with Sugarbakers bakery so your wedding cake will go through them and that was amazing too!

On a side note my husband's company has always gotten Rouge for their catered events and so he always knew their food was great. Fun fact - you can also eat at Rouge in Hunt Valley any day of the week! They are a restaurant too! Highly recommend this company.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Bonnie · Married on 10/11/2014

I can't say enough positive things about our experience with Rouge. Our Event Coordinator, Jordan Bardel, was extremely responsive, organized, and professional. She made herself very available in the days, weeks and months prior to our event. She was also "right there" during the event to take care of any questions or concerns we may have had. Everything went off on a timely basis and the food was FANTASTIC! Many of our guests said guests said that it was that it was some of the best "wedding food" they have ever had. Many thanks to Jordan and Rouge for making my daughter's wedding day so wonderful!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/04/2014

ROUGE Catering ended up being our favorite wedding vendor to work with. We worked with Molly who was extremely professional. We were originally concerned because they weren't on the list of approved caterers and they had never worked in our hall before. But she eased our concerns when she gave us a long list of difficult situations they've been put in in the past and worked seamlessly. Even when our historic hall restricted cooking on site in their kitchen, she was happy to accommodate by cooking our food in her trucks so we could still have the freshest food. She answered my long lists of several questions with promptness and in detail which put my mind at ease.
    Originally food was not an important aspect of our wedding. But after visiting not so great caterers we were relieved to find Rouge. They were respectful of our stated budget, presented the food beautifully, their promptness of accommodating our guests, we still receive rave reiviews of everything we served. They even set up and cleaned up faster than I ever thought any vendor could do (1 hr &45 min and 30 min respectively).
    She also accommodated an incredibly important aspect of our wedding of wheat allergy by providing a very wide range of glutin free options. She even made up dishes for us that weren't originally on their catering list. Their ability to speak to food alergies with confidence won us over other caterers who said they would also be accommodating but didn't quite seem to understand what a glutin free menu involved. It's not just serving bread on the side, it's checking the ingredients of sauces, cross contamination of flour, etc. With several celiacs in attendance we wanted to put our guests at ease.

I would recommend working with Molly at ROUGE again hands down. Don't worry if they've never been to your venue before, she's trained to work with that sort of situation. It's awesome.

Sent on 11/29/2014
  • User3819327 · 2+ years ago

The top priority for our wedding was food and it had to be cooked on-site. We also wanted lamb chops and rockfish, which would be terrible if not cooked perfectly. When I saw that Rouge had ovens on wheels to bring to our venue to cook on site, I knew we had found our caterer! Based on our venue choice, I also had to trust the catering team to set up all my tables, decorations, etc. Rouge far exceeded our expectations from set up to the meal. Throughout the process, I truly felt like I had a team behind us. Anna was super responsive to my many questions and was patient with me as table arrangements changed. She was totally prepared for our venue walkthrough and again confidently answered my questions and offered her professional advice. When I arrived at the reception and opened the ballroom doors, it was set up exactly as I had envisioned. Anna made sure we had a chance to eat and took care of little details like making sure that there were appetizers waiting for us in the bridal suite before the guests arrived and assisting my friend who uses a wheelchair. The servers were top-notch and attentive to all the guests. If you want to work with a truly professional catering and events management team then look no further than Rouge!

Sent on 10/11/2014

Sarah · Married on 09/20/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Anna and Rouge Catering. They were absolutely amazing with EVERYTHING. From emailing back and forth, being extremely flexible with our tasting time so my Fiance could attend (his work schedule is crazy) to the day of the wedding. Anna wasn't afraid to ask if she needed anything from us, but had pretty much everything under control the entire time. And my absolute favorite part: All you ever hear is people telling you "I don't think I ate anything at my wedding. We were so busy" ... I was not going to let that happen. I like to eat. When the DJ invited our table up to the buffet line, my new husband and I went to get up and Anna was right behind us with two plates of food already ready. It was amazing! They set up all the cupcakes that my sister made because she was super busy as well and all I heard was how good the food was. THANK YOU SO MUCH! You guys made the night over the top. I have two other sisters - we WILL be back!!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Josh · Married on 09/20/2014

Rouge Catering did an amazing job at our wedding! What a great company and the food and service was outstanding.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Caitlin · Married on 09/19/2014

Rouge was the only caterer we considered for our wedding, and we could not be happier with them. We knew that we needed a caterer who could accommodate a completely gluten-free menu, and Rouge was the only company we found who spoke with authority about dietary restrictions and made us feel comfortable about their work. Not only was the food safe, but it was some of the most delicious dishes we've ever had. Our event coordinator Emily helped us pick a menu that was within our budget and included all the items that we really wanted. I have no doubt we'll still be getting compliments on our buffet for years to come. Emily was kind, calm, efficient, fun, supportive, and incredibly responsive over email and on the phone, answering questions and accommodating a fury of last-minute requests. She knew our venue like the back of her hand and was hugely helpful in organizing the schedule of our wedding day. I was able to drop off our favors, escort cards, and a number of other items to Rouge a few days before, and they transported them and set them up for us in the reception space, saving us a lot of time, effort, and worry. We loved the food and service so much, we had Rouge cater our after-party in Patapsco State Park on the day following the wedding! Emily truly went above and beyond for us, and it made our wedding day so wonderfully easy and enjoyable. I know that we would not have had the same relaxed, fun, well-organized wedding without Emily and Rouge. I hope that someday in the future I have the pleasure of working with them again.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/13/2014

The second thing I did immediately after booking our wedding venue was look for a caterer! The food was a very important part of the wedding for my husband and I- from cocktails to dinner to drinks to late night snacks and special dessert ideas (in addition to wedding cake)! Everyone at Rouge, especially Celeste and Jordan and Chef Jonathan were MORE than a pleasure to work with, and extremely accommodating with all of my ideas. From start to finish, they were extremely responsive and professional. At the event and leading up, Jordan was an absolute delight to work with! Everyone raved about the food, and I could not be happier with our choice :)

Sent on 09/30/2014

Kristen · Married on 08/31/2014

Rouge was absolutely incredible! They were the first and only caterers we looked at for our wedding at the Baltimore Zoo! The Zoo requests you use one of their approved caterers, and Rouge was on the list. After talking to a few caterers over the phone and getting some quotes and sample menus, Rouge was the only one that fit our budget and truly listened to what we wanted. They included special touches and let us customize as we liked. They were flexible and considerate of our needs, and responsive to our requests and questions. We were able to book them 2 years in advance, and gratuity was included, which is super helpful when you're trying to figure out your budget and what extra costs you'll incur.

For cocktail hour, our menu included shrimp with a garlic aioli, mini crabcakes, duck confit in a crepe with a plum sauce, and fried mac & cheese, as well as crab dip, and fruit & cheese stations. There were seasonal salads served with gouda cheese. Our buffet was Maryland rockfish, beef tips in a burgundy sauce, mushroom risotto, and grilled vegetables (our guests raved about the entire fish that was being sliced before them, and our local friends said they had never seen a rockfish that large!). Our dessert bar was cheesecake cake pops (with either rainbow sprinkles, coconut shavings, or oreo crumbs), grilled fruit with ginger syrup, and their homemade s'mores on a stick. There was something for everyone, and many of our guests told us they had never had such great food at a wedding before! We also went for the full open-bar package with a specialty cocktail of orange-infused rum in sweet tea.

I would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 01/20/2015
  • User3781948 · 2+ years ago

Everything Rouge had to offer was great! The food was amazing and the staff was terrific. The person we hired to maintain our buffet went above and beyond. He was so hardworking and was one of the last to leave the venue. I would definitely recommend Rouge for catering, the did a wonderful job.

Sent on 09/14/2014

Sonya · Married on 08/16/2014

So my wedding was 8/16/2014.. I am still getting calls from family and friends about the food and service that was at our wedding! The food was just AMAZING! Everything tasted as we asked and the presentation of everything was treated as if we all were of royality!! The servicers was so professional, the set up was breath taking, but most of all not ONE person had nothing to say execpt that when we renew our vows we must have ROUGE there to cater!!! So we are looking forward to doing business with you in the furture!!!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Kelly · Married on 08/02/2014

This place has the best food ever! I have never had food taste this good. They set up a time to have a testing, which allowed us to preview other food we would not have thought of for our wedding. Once we decided on the food, they gave ample time to review the menu and change if we wanted to. Celeste was so helpful and could be reached anytime for any matter. The service at the wedding was sit down. They gave the food out fast and set up a great desert table. I could not imagine using any other cater for our wedding. Best food I have ever had in my life.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Teresa · Married on 07/19/2014

I cannot express how thrilled I am with my experience with Rouge Catering. Anna, my event manager made the entire process painless and enjoyable. She responded to all my requests and concerns in a timely matter. The reception at my home had some challenges that the entire staff handled efficiently and creatively. And the food . . . well it was simply to die for. I am still getting comments from friends and family about how wonderful the food tasted and and beautifully presented it was. Their "grab and go" stations made the buffet lines run quickly and smoothly, so guests could quickly get back to their tables and enjoy their dinner.
    I recommend taking a trip out to Baltimore to see their facility and sample their goodies. As a "foodie" I highly recommend Rouge.

Sent on 07/21/2014

Renee · Married on 07/04/2014

Working with Rouge was a highlight of our wedding planning. My husband is vegetarian and was pretty worried about having a caterer that gave little thought to vegetarian options. Celeste and Emily were professional and very accommodating, especially with the fact that we did more than one tasting. They were transparent about pricing/services/ideas and really helped us create a menu that incorporated what we wanted (no red meat entrees, fresh, non-fussy food for a hot summer eve, lots of vegetables with a mediterranean flare). The chef even spoke with us about creating a vegetarian dish - that truly surprised me.
    About the food:
    I wanted a peach bellini and they made it happen. Last minute they created a lemonade stand since I was worried about the heat (that broke the day of our wedding).
    If you're doing a cocktail hour definitely ask about their mosaic antipasti - grilled veggies, freshly made cheeses, marinated veggies, unique dips, etc. The passed hors d'oeuvres were tweaked just for what we wanted - a vegan pizzette, beef chimichurri, watermelon skewer, tuna tartar. The entrees were really solid - citrus airline chicken and an asian inspired salmon. I actually ate at my own wedding! And ate a lot! The sides were baby veg. melange and a potato pave that everyone raved about. The real impressive piece was the vegetarian entree. We worked with staff and my husband to create a sweet potato gnocchi dish that was so delicious that many people told me it was the best vegetarian wedding entree they'd ever had. No exaggeration. The staff was attentive the whole time and even prepared extra food for me and my husband to take into our hotel room.
    For a once in a lifetime event, the quality of service and food at Rouge was really beyond what I expected. I was so happy to feed our wedding party this delicious food. Since we didn't have a wedding planner Rouge also real stepped up on the actual wedding day to help with a variety of logistics. Thank you!

Sent on 03/02/2015

Erin · Married on 06/20/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rouge Catering and Heather who helped make sure every detail from the food to the set up was perfect. I was planning my wedding from out of state which made for meetings and details to be hashed out mainly over email and a few visits. Heather, from the start, was nothing but accommodating, prompt and beyond helpful. After attending several tasting with other caterers it was clear that Rouge rose far above the rest, not just in their amazing food but how they made me feel at ease. They assured me that I would have nothing to worry about, they would take care of everything, and they did. Heather not only made sure my food was perfect but the service was fabulous. Since my wedding was at the Baltimore Museum of Industry they only had 3 hours to transform the space from a museum to wedding venue. She took care of everything including setting up my centerpieces and tables for gifts, guestbooks and decorating them with things I had given her. I walked into the venue and was blown away. She took care of everything including packing my husband and I leftover cupcakes to take back to the hotel since we were so busy we did not get a chance to eat any cake. I would recommend Rouge to anyone, Their food is fabulous and they are wonderful to work with, hiring them you will not have to worry, your event will be wonderful and every detail will be perfect.

Sent on 07/07/2014