Rouge Fine Catering Reviews

Rouge Fine Catering 5
Rouge Fine Catering 6
Rouge Fine Catering 7

Krista · Married on 10/17/2015

I can not even describe the amount of awesome feedback I have had from all of my wedding guests regarding the food and service Rouge provided. Most said it was hands down the best food they have ever had a wedding and a lot of guests even said it was probably the best crab cake they have ever had. In my opinion the food was absolutely amazing and the service was flawless. They didn't miss a beat with my "day of timeline" and made sure all my guests felt comfortable and welcomed from the moment they arrived. You will not work with a better event coordinator at Rouge than Katie Canarr! She was assigned to my wedding a little late in the planning process but it was like she had been a part of it the entire time. She paid attention to all of my requests and details, no matter how small, and made sure my day looked exactly how I envisioned it would. She is so patient and attentive and a joy to work with. I was totally confident that she had the entire event under control and it turned out absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/17/2015

My Husband and I could not have been happier with Rouge. They did an AMAZING job on our October wedding. From the beginning, Rouge was responsive and incredibly flexible. I don't know where to start but Celeste was kind and patient during the entire planning process. We were never pressured and always supported.
    Our event coordinator, Jordan, was made for us. Planning a wedding overseas can make things complicated and a bit stressful. She was always calm, listened to our wishes and made our wedding an event to remember not to mention so quick to respond to any concerns.

It was beautifully decorated, elegant and flowed seamlessly. Jordan made sure we didn't miss the cocktail food or drinks during pictures. People always say they didn't even eat at their wedding but oh did we eat!
    The quality, professionalism and presentation was outrageously good. From the food to the service, everyone at the wedding commented on the delicious food. We had the crab cakes and short ribs for entrees. Being from MD you can be picky regarding your crab but both were outstanding!

At the last minute we were even able to rent heaters because it ended up being the coldest night this fall. If I had to do it all over again, I would not change a thing! Thank you Rouge!!!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Rouge did a FANTASTIC job with our October 2015 wedding. We were married at Elk Manor Winery, and it was such comfort knowing that Rouge has worked many events at Elk Manor. Everything went off with out a hitch. Sarah was great to work with answering all of my many many questions through out the process. Their food is incredible! We went with the buffet option and served short ribs and mahi mahi. I am not much of a red meat eater, but I could eat their short ribs every night. Seriously the best short ribs I have ever had. The appetizers were some of the best appetizers I have ever had a wedding, and I am so happy this was at our wedding! I would HIGHLY recommend Rouge as a catering service for any wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Charisse · Married on 10/03/2015

We used Rouge last month to cater our wedding. We are extremely satisfied with the level of professionalism they represented. From the tasting, to the milk shakes at the end of our reception, staff, waiters and bartenders did a great job. We didn't hear one complaint from our guests about food, which was delicious. Rouge worked with us to create our custom menu and everything worked out great. They were very responsive and attentive. It was a pleasure. If you are getting married in Maryland, give them a shot, they won't disappoint you.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Tiffany · Married on 09/26/2015

Yummy!! The food was wonderful and I couldn't ask for a better cater than rouge !! The customer service was very friendly and they were very helpful through out my whole wedding!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2015

Rouge is the best! We worked with Emily and have nothing but wonderful things to say about her as a catering manager and Rouge as the caterer. We did 1 previous tasting before we decided to go with Rouge. The food tasted great but we felt as if we needed to be rolled out of the tasting room. Really heavy foods that kept you full. After we left the Rouge tasting we felt like we could have danced all night. The food is light and colorful. Full of bright colors and packed with lots of flavors. We are pretty big food people and we found all of the food incredibly delicious. Emily's team was a dream and the entire wedding went with smoothly. Everyone got their food quickly, and they raved about how delicious everything was. For the vegetarian option we HIGHLY recommend the chile rellenos. So so good and everyone loved it!

Sent on 09/28/2015

Brigid · Married on 09/18/2015

Working with Jordan and the whole Rouge team was easy from the beginning. From flexible scheduling for tastings to email responsiveness, they made planning our wedding from 3000 miles away a breeze. Their food is simply to die for and their service makes it all worth it. I highly recommend them to anyone for all event types. Thank you, Jordan, for everything!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Mark · Married on 09/12/2015

Everything about working with Rouge was phenomenal. Both Heather and Celeste ensured a perfect wedding day went off without any concerns or worries. If you are looking for a worry-free day, we highly recommend Rouge Catering for your wedding. The attention to detail is amazing. The can-do attitude and take control style truly worked well to ensure everything was in place. There is not a single detail or request that is overlooked. Also, their price point is incredibly reasonable and fair. Food was phenomenal and people are still raving about the meal and service. We simply cannot recommend Rouge enough!

Sent on 09/23/2015

Lauren · Married on 09/12/2015

We cannot say enough great things about Rouge Catering, they are the absolute best!!! Brittany was our main contact with Rouge and she is so wonderful. She was so easy to work with, responded to all of my questions and emails very quickly, and made us feel so comfortable with every decision that needed to be made. She is so professional and truly talented at what she does! Not only is their food delicious but the display is so beautiful. Throughout the wedding people could not stop talking about the food, and I still have guests contacting me to rave about how good everything was. From the food to the staff and everything in between, they are amazing. I highly recommend Rouge Catering!

Sent on 09/23/2015

abigail · Married on 09/12/2015

WE LOVED ROUGE! I originally was working with Heather but due to another scheduled event I worked with Jordan. Jordan was AMAZING! I ask a ridiculous amount of questions and Jordan answered every single one in a timely fashion. I did not have one guest (and I had 200 guests at our wedding) complain about the food. I have heard nothing but raves! I was told by one guest that eating the Natty Boh Steak was a life changing experience. We did a Maryland Themed menu and it was so creative and awesome. The food we tried when we went to the tasting, tasted exactly like the food we received at the wedding. The staff was also awesome and very professional and nice. I also knew beforehand that I was probably not going to be eating dessert just because I would be busy socializing and dancing. I asked Jordan ahead of time if she would be able to give us a doggie bag of the cupcakes, and Jordan hooked us up! Seriously, using any other caterer would be crazy, Rouge/ Jordan were spectacular! HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 10/07/2015

Stephanie · Married on 09/06/2015

Rouge was absolutely stellar. I have zero regrets hiring them as our caterer. The food was fabulous (and beautifully presented). Several guests commented on the awesome appetizers during our cocktail hour, and the roasted chicken. We worked with Jordan and she was great--friendly, professional, experienced. I would recommend Rouge to anyone. They are a well-oiled, large machine, but they I never felt like I was working with a large corporation. They maintain a small-town, friendly feel. And they make fabulous food.

Sent on 01/17/2016

Elyza · Married on 08/29/2015

We are so so happy we went with Rouge for catering our wedding! We reached out to a few caterers but the initial proposal that Heather R. put together was by and far the best looking menu and easiest to understand proposal, since it was clear what exactly was included in the per person price. We got plenty of compliments on our cocktail hour, buffet dinner, and especially on our FRESH mini donuts, made on site!! On the day of, the service and presentation was phenomenal! All the servers and bartenders were super professional and great at their job. I would definitely recommend Rouge to anyone looking for event catering!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/01/2015

We cannot say enough great things about Rouge Catering! A full month after our wedding, we still have people telling us how amazing the food was, how delicious the appetizers were, and could we give newly engaged friends the number of our caterer. When we were first planning, we made good food our top priority as we both love food a lot! We actually went to several different tastings of places that were suggested by our wedding venue. Rouge blew us away the first time we met with Emily, Rouge's even coordinator. She took us through everything that Rouge provided and allowed us to try EVERYTHING that we may or may not want at the wedding. We made the decision at the first tasting to go with Rouge. Over the next 6 months, Emily a

Sent on 08/29/2015

Christopher · Married on 08/01/2015

3 months after our wedding and people are still talking about how incredible the food from Rouge was. The one big thing my wife and I wanted was great food and Rouge didn't disappoint. The best example of how amazing Rouge was is the vegetarian meal. Generally, this will be buttered noodles, but Rouge put together a vegetable Napolon that stole the show. The fact that they don't just accept the norm and put such time in effort into an incredible product sets them apart. I couldn't recommend them any higher.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Carol · Married on 07/04/2015

Everything was perfect. The food was delicious and beautifully displayed. The servers were efficient, courteous, and went out of their way to see that our guests were enjoying themselves. We have received so many compliments on our event. Celeste and Jordan were easy to work with and very accommodating. We would highly recommend Rouge Fine Catering.

Sent on 07/08/2015

karyn · Married on 07/04/2015

Everything was perfect. Jordan and Celeste were amazing to work with. The food has received so many compliments not just in taste but in presentation too. The staff treated the wedding party like queens and kings and each one made it a point to congratulate us. They all know how to make someone feel special. They promised we wouldn't run out of beer and we didn't. Totally amazing!!!
    Karyn Dillon Leibowitz

Sent on 07/10/2015

Susanna · Married on 07/02/2015

I worked with Sarah and Heather at Rouge to plan my post wedding brunch. They put together a wonderful menu within my budget and their service was extremely professional. They were easy to work with and did a wonderful job. The food was delicious and nicely presented. I would recommend them strongly to anyone looking for a reliable, professional and delicious catering company!

Sent on 07/04/2015

Bride and groom were head over heels at the tasting, and that feeling carried throughout the entire experience. We are still accepting compliments on the cocktail hour appetizers and array...and those compliments are quickly followed by a twinkley-eye smile about the staff!

We couldn't have been happier to see how efficient, and extraordinarily pleasant the people who worked this event were. We've all been to events in which it's best just to look away....not this time. A little extra smile, a little perk in the step when the right song hit, hustle with grace through each phase of service and clean up.

We dreaded the end of the night wrap....the packing, the schlepping on tired feet, the finding of all the 'stuff'. We were shocked to have it delivered to us with greater ease than asking for a coat from a coat check.

As a hostess I take extra effort when entertaining in my home or away. Rouge's responses to requests and anticipation to our needs was on-the-spot. Special requests? Really easy to work with and interested in accommodating!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Jordan and her staff were amazing to work with!! Everything was so smooth throughout the entire process - we love Rouge!

Sent on 07/18/2015

Tom · Married on 06/13/2015

Without a doubt, just ask all of my wedding guests, the best wedding meal ever was had by all. The crab cakes, short ribs, appetizers, everything, incredible! The entire operation is amazing. They will come to your event, cook everything freshly on the spot, and your guests will be licking there plates! Stop looking for a caterer now, Rouge is the one to pick!

Sent on 06/15/2015

stephanie · Married on 05/24/2015

Rouge is the BEST. Theres nothing even remotely bad I can say about rouge. Responsive, accommodating, helpful, thoughtful, delicious, beautiful, awesome service, top-shelf. Awesome. Thank you Rouge!

Sent on 06/08/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/24/2015

My husband and I chose Rouge to cater our wedding in May of 2015. We are very happy with our choice! Emily, our event coordinator, was detail oriented, professional, and responsive. She was available to answer questions and helped build a delicious and diverse menu. Rouge cooks the food fresh on site. We especially enjoyed the crab cake appetizer, vegetable napoleon and short ribs. Our guests raved about the food; happy belly, happy guests!

Rouge was flexible, and able to work within our budget to create a full service menu.
    We had a wonderful experience at the tasting, both sets of parents were able to attend. Each attendee was able to sample an individual serving (with wine!). At the end of our tasting, the head chef came out and greeted us.

Emily helped coordinate the timeline for the day of the event. She met us a month prior to the wedding for a final walk through at our venue. This was extremely helpful to run through last minute layout and service details. At the walk through, we were able to choose our linens, which were included within our contract with Rouge.

Emily helped with transporting items to our venue. I cannot say enough wonderful things!
    When we got to our sweetheart table, Rouge had special plates made up for us including all three station entrees and hors d’oeuvres (which we missed during cocktail hour bc we were taking photos). At the end of the night they made us both meals to go.

Our family baked cookies for our event, and Emily did an amazing job replenishing the dessert (they were a hot commodity!)

Both Emily and the head chef came to our wedding. We felt in good hands.
    I highly recommend using Rouge for any event. Thank you, Rouge Catering!

Sent on 06/18/2015

We loved working with Rouge. From the beginning they were accommodating to our requests, such as creating an Ethiopian style hors d'oeuvre to reflect my husband's favorite food. My husband is also allergic to peanuts, and since Rouge is completely nut-free, we knew we wouldn't have any issues. We coordinated both our cake and rentals through Rouge which was very easy. The food was delicious, customized, and the best value we found. They set up a kitchen at our venue so we knew everything was fresh. The staff during the event itself was very courteous and responsive. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Megan · Married on 05/09/2015

AMAZING!!! From start to finish, Rouge did an excellent job catering our wedding. From the beginning when we went for a tasting, we were so surprised they offered us a full meal and every bite was delicious. At the end of our tasting, their head chef came out and greeted us. It was wonderful. On the day of our wedding, so many guests commented on how delicious the food was. The cheeseburger waffle fry and crabcake appetizers are amazing!!! The staff was so friendly and fun (the bartender was dancing behind the bar while he greeted guests - love it!). Heather R. was so professional, answered every question we had, and even helped to coordinate the timeline and everything on the day of. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rouge. Their prices are fair and inclusive, the cook the food fresh onsite, and their professionalism throughout the entirety of the planning process and wedding day was excellent. HIGHLY recommend using Rouge for any event. Thank you, Rouge Catering!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Jen · Married on 05/02/2015

While planning our wedding, my husband and I wanted 3 things: Good food, good drink, and a great DJ. We didn’t want the “chicken cordon Bleu”, chandeliers, and ornate but wanted simplicity, rustic elegance, and delicious BBQ. Price was a concern since we paid for our own wedding. We contacted Rouge and set up a tasting with Katelyn. We were a bit hesitant as Rouge does some pretty big events but as soon we arrived, we felt like we were valued customers to Rouge even with a smaller wedding size. They offered numerous side dishes that we could pair with the main courses and a dessert platter that was very tasty and provided a lot of variety. Don’t be fooled by the backyard image that the word BBQ evokes – this was some of, if not the best pulled pork and grilled chicken we’ve ever tasted! The green beans were cooked perfectly and the beef was juicy and flavorful. Sold!

Katelyn was quick to respond to emails and was very flexible even when we were still turning in circles trying to make final decisions. She initiated contact with our venue to ensure that everything would go smoothly. On the wedding day, the staff were extremely professional, warm, and seemed genuinely happy to be at our reception. Upon arrival, the main server greeted me (and sadly I didn’t get her name but she was great!) and simply said ‘let us know if you need anything at all at anytime tonight’. It was a simple greeting, but allayed any nerves we felt. She even personally delivered our “bride” and “groom” cozies with an ice-cold beer in them during the photos after the ceremony. What perfect timing! The food was hot, ready on time, presented beautifully, and most importantly TASTED ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! We had numerous guests approach us and comment on how delicious everything was. The crab fondue was a huge hit with all the guests! We highly, highly recommend Rouge for catering. We will absolutely use them again for our next event! They delivered *the* best food at a wonderful price!

Sent on 07/19/2015