Roth's Fresh Markets Reviews

24 | Salem, OR

24 Reviews for Roth's Fresh Markets

Amanda · Married on 08/06/2016

Our cake was absolutely STUNNING AND DELICIOUS!!!! The decorator(s) created such a beatiful piece of artwork. I asked them to add decorative lace pieces to the cake to compliment my dress and our theme of "Rustic Elegance". THEY NAILED IT!!! The cupcake were wonderful as well! Thank you so much Roth's!!!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Were very helpful, allowed us to provide our own decorations. Very good cake tasting

Sent on 02/28/2015

Alta · Married on 01/11/2015

Roths worked with us on matching our colors which one of them was a lime green. The cake was beautiful and delicious!!

Sent on 01/19/2015
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 07/28/2013

Roth's made our wedding cake, and we were very happy with their services. We wanted something very simple that tasted good, and they did exactly that. It looked beautiful and was delicious!

We also chose Creative Catering from Roth's, and they were wonderful to work with. Monica, Carmella, and their team of servers met every request and were flexible and professional up to the last minute. Their prices are very reasonable and they made the buffet look amazing. We chose the BBQ menu for our outdoor wedding, and everyone kept saying how delicious the food was. They even came out to the venue a week before the wedding to walk through where we wanted things to be and how we envisioned the reception. I was a very indecisive bride, so I appreciate them dealing with me changing my mind every five seconds and for meeting my family's last minute requests. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Roth's Fresh Markets's reply:

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure to be a part of your wedding! We hope you think of us in the future when you have a special event to celebrate! Congratulations!

Jen · Married on 07/16/2011

Great food for great prices. We had the chicken and prawns with chutney and it was amazing. They were very professional, flexible, and easy to work with.

Sent on 07/18/2011

Tina · Married on 07/31/2010

perfect and great price!

Sent on 11/03/2010

Jaegen · Married on 04/25/2010

the cake was just jaw dropping, just a great cake!! and there catering was very good food, roths always has good food!

Sent on 05/08/2010

joe · Married on 04/22/2010

i loved the food, i went with the trager i think it was called its a smoker and the meat was really good, will use for other events to and recommend to friends

Sent on 04/23/2010

Brian · Married on 07/05/2008

The cake they delivered was better than the ones that we tasted in the store. Couldn't ask for a better cake at the price!

Sent on 07/10/2008

We had Roth's in West Salem do our wedding cake. Groom and I went in 2x before making the commitment, but decided to go with a chocolate cake and chose fillings Bavarian cream and raspberry with a peanut butter buttercream. The tastings were fun and they were great accommodating my parents nearly a month later. We ordered the cake with just about 3 months to go.

We loved the diversity of our cake and fillings/frosting choice, some of my family was unsure. However, it turned out really cute with the frosting style they did, textured simple. So glad we went with Roth's for our 3-tier cake. It was by far and away the most reasonably priced of all the vendors I inquired with.

Can't go wrong for cost and their ability to turn out great cakes. It was a little dry, but with a great glass of red wine it was perfect!!

It will be fun to try it next year on our anniversary.

Sent on 11/13/2015

DIanna · Married on 04/17/2010

Roth's made the wedding so wonderful with the beautiful cakes they made. People are still talking about how good the red velvet cake with chocolate frosting was. And it was!! I didn't get a chance to eat much of it at the wedding as the bride, but I didn't get some that night and plenty the next day. It was great!! The fabricated two cakes for us. First was a four tiered round wedding cake. Red Velvet cake with two alternating chocolate tones absolutely delicious. The second was a Poker Table groom's cake. That one was carrot cake with colored cream cheese frosting and fondant playing cards and chips on top. It was fantastic too. Very delicious to and and stunning to look at were both of them. There was the tiniest problem with delivery of the groom's cake at first, but they remedied that immediately and I was none the wiser!! Would use them again!

Sent on 05/10/2010

Nichole · Married on 06/13/2009

We got the exact cake we wanted, but it was a little too small. Still very good, though!

Sent on 11/27/2009

Roth's did a great job with our wedding cake! They originally said they would not deliver, but ended up helping us out and delivering. The tasting appointment was helpful in deciding which cake we liked, they custom made a cake for us to taste all of our possible selections! I was very impressed with the way the cake turned out, it is exactly what I pictured.

Sent on 10/15/2015

kayeloni · Married on 10/02/2010

when i went to roths for my cake i had less then 30 days to find and order a cake they helped me so much. and my cake was wonderful thank you soooo much

Sent on 10/20/2010

ahren · Married on 01/03/2010

i have there trager food before and we both loved it so we decided to have it for a wedding and it was great!

Sent on 04/27/2010

Nancy · Married on 06/20/2010

Roths did a wonderful job with our cake. It was beautiful!

Sent on 07/28/2010

jiggler · Married on 04/03/2010

3.5

it was not bad cake was alright little dry kinda $$$ but it was not bad! the flowers were great though so +1 for the flowers

Sent on 04/22/2010

Andrea · Married on 10/23/2010

3.0

Budget was a huge factor in our wedding, but Roth's (West Salem location) really impressed us.
    I was initially a little nervous, as we didn't want the cookie-cutter white bouquets and ivory fondant cakes that most chain stores churn out, but we were happily surprised! I loved LOVED my bouquet (red & burgundy roses and dahlias and black feathers!) and the cake was gorgeous as well.
    Both the florist and the baker kept our ideas in mind and totally nailed it! We were thrilled with how things turned out, and the reasonable price made it perfect!

Sent on 11/04/2010

Kara · Married on 07/24/2009

3.5

We did a reception with a meal of appetizers, which we chose after a tasting at their catering office in Salem. They were willing to work with the fine details of our elegant wedding. The food tasted very good, was exactly what we agreed on, and was elegantly laid out. They were flexible with our changes in head count and menu. The food was priced reasonably, although not inexpensively. Overall, communication was very good by phone and email, but we had some issues with lost payment after the wedding.

Sent on 08/03/2009

3.8
      2.5
      2.5

Very good decorator. The girl we went to is amazing!! Definetely goimg sgain and again fir all cakes!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Halley · Married on 04/04/2009

3.8
      3.0

Beautiful flowers, quick turn around.. Exactly what we wanted

Sent on 04/26/2009

Bree · Married on 06/21/2014

3.4
      1.5

My cake was right but i also ordered cupcakes and they were all wrong unfortunately i picked them up hours befre the wedding so there wasn't much i could do about it. and i ordered butter cream frosting on both he cake and cupcakes the cake was regular frosting

Sent on 07/12/2014
  • summerbride2010

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/07/2010

1.4
      1.0

I had a terrible experience with this Bakery. I had to explain on multiple occassions what I wanted (which was VERY simple), then it was not ready when my MIL went to pick it up, and was not done how I asked it to look at all. VERY unhappy.

Sent on 08/13/2010

Kayla · Married on 07/22/2017

1.4
      2.0
      0.5
      2.0

I would not use Roth's as my baker again. I was told that I had until three days before the wedding to make any last minute changes to the flavor, frosting, and colors, but when I went in a week before they told me that they had already made the cake and that I was stuck with what I had. I also gave them color samples that I wanted for the cake, and they not only didn't get anywhere close, but they made the colors into a disgusting pastel version of my colors. It was horrible! I do not recommend this place to anyone.

Sent on 04/14/2009