Rotarski Photography Reviews

10 | Denver, CO

10 Reviews for Rotarski Photography

Patrick · Married on 09/24/2017

I would like to say what a pleasure it was to work with Sebastian and his wife. We had such an easy and fun experience that I couldn’t have asked for anything else! The pictures came out amazing and we didn’t have to spend hours posing it was all just very natural.

If you want amazing quality and very unique photos we both highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/23/2017

Sebastian is the best. We had an engagement session with him, as well as had him as our wedding photographer. It was a record high temperature wise and he was totally game (sometimes more than us) to take photos throughout the day to make sure the day was adequately captured. The pictures we have gotten back so far are MAGIC. My husband and I are both quite uncomfortable having our pictures taken, however after a little bit of time with him, we loosened up and we had a blast with him on our wedding day. Those moments with your partner after the ceremony and before the reception are so precious. They are honestly the clearest memories I have and I'm so glad we felt as safe and as goofy as we did with him. This man is so incredibly talented and generous with his time and talent. If you're looking for a documentary style (less poses and more capturing of reality), I can't suggest Sebastian enough.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Alex · Married on 09/16/2017

All I can say is, wow! We used Rotarski Photography for our engagement and wedding photos and were blown away. Not only were Sebastian and Dominika fun to work with, but the images that they produced were just incredible. Works of art, honestly! Especially nowadays in the age of overblown, washed-out wedding photos, their work is in a league of its own. They managed to capture every special moment, every tear, every smile, every random thing that happened. It’s hard not to have a huge smile on my face going through all of the photos and reliving all of those moments.

Logistically, they are great to work with, as well. Easy to get in touch with, quick turnaround on photos, and so easy to coordinate with. They were in contact with us many times before the big day to give advice about lighting and scheduling, which was super helpful. They were by far one of the easiest and most fun vendors to work with- our wedding party had a great time with them! Prices are on par with other photographers in the area, but the quality is much better. Both of our families were SO impressed and happy with the photos.

I highly recommend Rotarski Photography! Can’t wait to use them in the upcoming years to photograph other special moments.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Sara · Married on 07/22/2017

Choosing Sebastian and his wife Dominika for photography was one of the BEST choices we made for our wedding! Sebastian put in so much effort to get to know us ahead of our wedding day and to plan everything out -- you can tell he really puts his heart and soul into his profession. The day of the wedding, he and Dominika were very on top of things yet not intrusive; they are incredibly organized and professional, and I genuinely enjoyed them as people. And our photos came out amazing -- we received way more photos than I expected, they represent us beautifully, and I'm happy to have so many lovely candid and in-the-moment shots. I'd recommend Rotarski Photography to anyone who's looking for that style of photography and wants photographers who go above and beyond.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Katie Schuler · Married on 05/21/2017

Sebastian did an AMAZING job from start to finish. My husband, Jordan, and I are both pretty camera shy and Sebastian was still able to capture all of the special moments on both the engagement session and on the day of our wedding. He really went above and beyond for us... I don't feel that I will ever be able to thank him enough!!

After our initial meeting, Jordan and I both knew immediately that our search had ended (we had met with and interviewed four other photographers before our meeting with Sebastian). Sebastian asked thoughtful questions and explained his style of photography to make sure that we were all on the same page. His artistic approach and photojournalistic style was exactly what we were hoping for.

Sebastian was always available whenever we had any inquires. He had a variety of location options for the engagement photo sessions and was willing to work around our schedules. In the freezing cold, he met with us in the woods and took some of my favorite photos. He was super personable and really worked to make sure that we got exactly what we wanted.

The day of the wedding, Sebastian exceeded all expectations. He arrived early enough to take photos of the venue, our rings and of me and my friends getting ready. He traveled with me to the offsite venue to take our "first look" photos and nailed it! The photos taken during the ceremony, toasts, cake cutting and dancing all turned out phenomenal!!!

Overall, we couldn't be happier! Sebastian is professional, artistic and talented. He made being the center of attention a breeze and really captured everything that we asked for! I recommend him to everyone. I know that I will certainly be advising people of his services and will be contacting him for all of our future photography needs!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Maria · Married on 04/01/2017

Rotarski Photography is amazing! Sebastian is such a perfectionist, and it pays off in his photos. He photographed our wedding and was so clear and helpful leading up to the day. He gives you all the information you need and then some to really have the experience you want. Sebastian and Dominika are so adorable because they really want to get all the great shots and you can tell they love taking photos. He’s not going to rush anything just to get it done, everything is always perfect and always the best he can make it, which is exactly what you want when you invest in wedding photos. He does a lot of research and work leading up to your wedding, and a lot after! He spend a lot of time talking to us and learning that my sister, and maid of honor was important to me. So, we have a lot of wonderful photos of her. All the photos are a great memory of that day. When you look at them they clearly tell the story of how all of the events unfolded.

Sent on 06/16/2017

Jacob · Married on 07/08/2016

Sebastian was an amazing photographer for our wedding. He captured every moment with an amazing eye. You can tell he takes pride in his work and it shows.

Sent on 10/05/2016

I can't say enough good things about Sebastian and Dominika! Their photos are beautiful - they don't post a ton on their blog but if they did, I bet they would be inundated with requests because they do such a great job. And compared to other photographers, they were such a great deal - we feel like they really could charge a lot more. They're not big into giving posing directions, they just are there while you interact with your fiance(e), which worked well for us, but if you want really hands on posing instructions, then that might not work for you. But when it came time to do formal photos with our families, they did give direction (like telling people where to stand and how close to get) so for us, it was the best of both worlds, direction when we needed it (family photos were like herding cats!) and not too much intrusion when we didn't want it. And even when they would get close up to take photos, it wasn't bothersome and during the ceremony, they were very respectful. I noticed them out of the corner of my eye, but they did not get too close. They were also super thoughtful about everything - they scoped out the space, really found great spots and had great ideas of where to take pictures. Our engagement pictures were beautiful (they have a really great eye for composition and framing shots), and I really can't wait for our wedding pictures to come back. And they are both just such great people - we loved having them at our wedding, by the end of the night, we felt like they were friends! (Also, we had our wedding at the Logan Center for the Arts on the University of Chicago campus, so if you're considering having your wedding there, know that Sebastian and Dominika now have a lot of familiarity with this venue, as well as the campus where we had our photos taken beforehand, as well as Ping Tom Park where we had our engagement photos).

Sent on 09/08/2015

Anne · Married on 05/23/2015

In the last two years, we have asked Rotarski Photography to document some major life events, and we are incredibly happy we made this choice. Thanks to Sebastian and Dominika, we have a beautiful collection of photos from our engagement session, our wedding, and 2 family sessions. We are so happy we hired them to capture all of these events. We first chose Rotarski when planning our wedding because we were seeking a photojournalist style and did not want anything cookie-cutter. To get comfortable with getting photos taken, we did an engagement session and Sebastian helped suggest some great spots within our old neighborhood in Chicago. The day of the wedding was busy and stressful and overwhelming, but Sebastian and Dominika made us feel at ease and we were surprised at how they managed to get some amazing shots without us even noticing they were right there at that moment. We were so happy with our wedding experience with them that we have hired them twice since in a year for other family projects. They are fun to work with, always professional, and very timely at getting photos to us. Our home is now decorated with their fantastic work!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Jen · Married on 05/13/2017

2.8
      3.0
      2.5
      1.5
      2.5

Not entirely happy. Disappointed my children barely make an appearance in our gallery. Included in the gallery are quite a few unflattering pics (ie. me chewing, people in mid-sentence).. why? So, we had something to fill up our gallery. Not gonna lie here, I am disappointed. I also asked for no pics that we are all lined up.. and that's what we got. I also dont understand how i paid for a unique package (4 hours ala carte), and there are just a couple pics during dinner. Pretty much paid for two hours not used and I plan to take my kids to a professional photog to make up for my sadness at this Rotarski gallery. I could have gone local, suburbs.. paid a lot less for wedding photos. But i wanted chi-town "photo-journalistic" and I guess I got that. I recommend doing shoots in a venue a photog has worked before.
    Great guy but my family and I are bummed. HIGHLY over-charged in comparison. One of my wedding regrets.

Sent on 06/23/2017

Rotarski Photography's reply:

Jen,

Thank you for your feedback, it’s highly appreciated. I’m sorry to hear that you’re not entirely happy with the photos you received. I always have Clients’ best interest at heart and, being as passionate as I am about capturing weddings, I would’ve never intentionally jeopardized either of those have I had any indication that your expectations were not aligned with my services. I definitely concentrate on and seek out moments over poses, as I believe those have a great power to capture emotions of the day. If I knew you were actually after more formal type of photography, I would’ve gladly referred you to someone who excels at it, as I have done in the past.
    As far as photography is concerned, it always pains me when Clients choose to forgo the advice and information I share with them in months leading up to the day. This typically leads to less than favorable experience for everyone involved and often puts us in a position where we have to reduce time allotted for newlyweds’ or family portraits.
    As you mentioned, this was my first time working at Tamarack, that’s why I arrived an hour earlier to familiarize myself with the location. I also left close to 40 minutes past the contracted time, complimentary to you, all in the effort to provide you with more comprehensive coverage. As for the actual time I spent shooting, I hope the minute by minute recap I emailed you, based on the photo time stamps, eased your mind and showed that I went above and beyond to deliver the best coverage possible.
    Based on the experience of your wedding, I’ve taken a number of steps to reiterate the importance of allowing sufficient time for crucial portions of the day. In addition to having minimum recommended time allowance as part of my welcome package, it’s also now part of a contractual agreement.
    Please let me know if you decide to take me up on the post-wedding family session or an album, the offer still stands.
    All the best to you and your family,
    Sebastian