Rosy's Jazz Hall Events and Catering Reviews

39 Reviews for Rosy's Jazz Hall Events and Catering

1 User photo

Rosy's Jazz Hall Events and Catering 1

Nicole · Married on 03/23/2012

Rosy's was a phenomenal venue. Darlene the wedding planner they provide had everything under control. From the moment we walked into the venue she took care of everything. The food was awesome, the place was beautiful. We have had so many compliments since the wedding. Steve is the general manager and he also worked very hard to make sure he accomadated us from certain types of liquor to specifics. God really led us in the right direction on this one.

Sent on 03/26/2012

I wish I could give them 6/5, especially for value! Steve and Darlene worked so hard to make our wedding everything we dreamed it would be. I had some important requests, namely that my husband and I get a minute to ourselves before the reception, and I needed special accommodations for my dad, who is disabled. Darlene went above and beyond to make sure that all of that happened. Also, they were extremely flexible with our menu planning. About a month before the wedding, I realized our guest list was larger than we thought and that we'd have to step down the menu to keep from going over budget. Steve was great about making the change, and six months later, everyone is still talking about how great the food was. I cannot recommend them enough.

Sent on 07/05/2012

Lucy · Married on 11/05/2011

I can't say enough about Rosy's!! Our wedding was literally perfect. Besides being the most gorgeous & charming venue in New Orleans, Rosy's comes with the huge bonus of Steve & Darlene. They made the experience totally stress free by helping me plan every detail from the beginning, and they were so supportive the actual night!!! Darlene was so on top of everything! She made sure I always had a drink in my hand and ensured that every transition flowed perfectly, leaving me free to relax and enjoy partying with our friends/family. And the food was amazing!!!! My husband & friends work in the restaurant business in New York, and they were all thrilled with the food. And Steve even created an oyster bar at our request!!! I could go on and on and on, but I'll leave it at this. Our wedding at Rosy's was above & beyond what I could have expected, and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. It was truly the most fun night of my life!!!!

Sent on 11/19/2011

Renee · Married on 09/24/2011

Steve & Darlene are AMAZING! Rosy's has the best atmosphere and the food was phenomenal! Our guest had a great experience and had no complaints about Rosy's! Everyone is still ranting about how great & fun the night was. Our wedding day turned out just how we imagined it would and it would not have been so flawless and smooth without the help of Steve & Darlene. We give Rosy's 10 thumbs up!!!! Justin & Renee' McCoy

Sent on 10/20/2011

Erika · Married on 04/23/2010

This place is beautiful and has so much character. We planned on having the ceremony outside but it stormed and hailed that day. The weather cleared up by the time the wedding started, but being inside was even better than I could have asked for. The ceremony was so intimate. Guests really enjoyed every detail about the place from the brick walls, to the black and white jazz photos. Also, the food was incredible. People are still raving about it. Steve, Darlene and all of the staff were so friendly and took care of EVERYTHING. They mingled with guests to make sure everyone was having a wonderful time. If you want a unique experience and work with hospitable people that know what they are doing, this is your place! I highly recommend it.

Sent on 06/02/2010

erin · Married on 04/09/2010

I couldn't have imagined a more flawless wedding than mine at Rosy's!

While planning, Steve and Rosy's wedding coordinator Darlene were so much help with recommending vendors and giving advice - wedding's are their life, they know EVERYTHING and can answer ANY question!

The building has so much musical history behind it and the historic architecture is to be appreciated. The atrium where our ceremony was held is such a unique space! The set up with guests looking over you from the 2nd story balcony was very neat. The trees in the atrium are awesome! The reception room is such a great atmosphere, especially when you have a band. The bar and stage make for a fun space!

Darlene coordinates all your vendors the week before the wedding so that the day of you are not stressed and hoping everything falls in place - she makes sure of it! I never thought I would be as relaxed as I was the night of our wedding. We got to hang out and drink wine in the bridal suite prior to the ceremony. During the reception Darlene always made sure there was a drink in your hand! EVERYONE raved about the food, and while I didn't get a chance to eat during the wedding, they packed a HUGE to go platter for us so we got the chance to sample everything. And if you are getting kicked out at the end of the night you know it was a good time!

I would recommend it to any bride who is looking for a unique experience!

Sent on 05/06/2010

Alexandra · Married on 12/19/2009

Darlene and Steve at Rosy's Jazz Hall were absolutely wonderful! We got married at a church in nearby Metairie, but we were thrilled with the reception at Rosy's! Darlene took care of us all night and everything was organized perfectly. She really made it easy on us, and the food was great, too. This is a unique venue that I highly recommend!

Sent on 02/14/2010

Mandy · Married on 11/15/2008

We held my sister's wedding & reception at this absolutely fabulous venue! I work as a wedding planner so I handled the majority of the planning for my sister and worked very closely with Darlene at Rosy's. I just can't say enough great things about them! First, we were from out-of-town (Michigan & California) and never able to actually visit the site prior to the wedding rehearsal the night before. Darlene was so helpful and recommended many great vendors to me that I never could have found without her. Plus what they advertised is what you get and better! They were even very accommodating when we had to move the date back a week.
    The wedding and reception themselves were flawless and all the guests had a wonderful time. The food was amazing! Darlene and Steve truly showed us some great southern hospitality. They even took the time to go back in after the reception ended and we had left to look for my sister's cell phone and marriage license that she had "lost" in the bridal lounge. Then they so helpfully put it in a cab to our hotel so we didn't have to try to wrangle up a vehicle to go back and get it!
    If you're looking for a unique venue with great food and awesome service, definitely book your wedding and/or reception at Rosy's!

Sent on 09/04/2009

Beliza · Married on 10/15/2011

I am very belated in this posting, but we had our wedding at Rosy's in mid-October, and everything was just amazing. Darlene and Steve were wonderful and made sure every need was met; the food was outstanding; all of the staff were so friendly...I could go on and on. So many of our guests told us what a great time they had, and what a cool venue Rosy's is. We couldn't agree more...it was a perfect location for us, with the New Orleans vibe without any of the stuffiness. We <3 Rosy's!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Jeanette · Married on 12/15/2017

I am the second daughter in our family to use Rosy's for her wedding, so I already knew it was an exceptional venue. As expected, everything was perfect and seamless. The food was delicious, the drinks were flowing, the staff was professional, and Darlene made sure everything happened as it should. Our guests can't stop talking about how great our wedding was, and a huge part of that is because of the venue. Thank you Darlene and Steve for taking the stress off of our shoulders, so that we could truly enjoy our night!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Katie · Married on 11/08/2013

Our wedding was amazing. We had such a good time, and so did our guests. Darlene and Steve are so great. The perfect team to help you. Darlene is awesome--I can't say enough great things about her. I love her. She gave me a lot of great advice during the planning, and also kept me in the loop day-of without stressing me out. It's hard to ruffle her feathers, and she's got a great sense of humor.
    We really had an incredible experience there--at every point. From seeing the place for the first time and talking with Steve to driving away after it was all over.
    Here are my suggestions about having a wedding at Rosy's: get a good band. The way the place is set up, the music is a focal point, so do it. Do a second line--so fun, trust me. Make sure you have your photo shot list ready for pictures after the ceremony and make sure everyone who is in the pics knows so they don't run off. Have a conversation with your photographer about shots that you want during the reception. Make sure you have designated someone to take all of the reception stuff home at the end.
    HAVE FUN!!!!!

Sent on 11/24/2013
  • User3211943 · 2+ years ago

The staff and wedding coordinator at Rosy's was so easy and flexible to work with. They have set menu options but were willing to adjust it just perfectly for us. They are personable people you will enjoy having around on your wedding day and throughout the process. They also make sure you have thought of everything. You can absolutely plan a wedding here without the expense of a wedding planner and it be stress-free. The food is delicious and the venue is just beautiful. We have our ceremony outside in the courtyard and the reception inside. Everything ran so smoothly.

Sent on 04/22/2013

Lori · Married on 05/09/2010

3.5

Rosy's Jazz Hall is absolutely wonderful. The food was great, the wedding coordinator Darlene is awesome. I would recommend this venue to anyone that wants a unique experience!!!!! My fiance and I wouldn't change a thing!!

Sent on 05/18/2010

0.5
      0.0

I recently attended my cousins wedding at rosy's and was shocked (and shocked at the good reviews) I am newly engaged so I was excited to see the venue! first off, i had to spend ten minutes parking-three blocks away in a VERY dark neighborhood(not good for ladies in heels)Second, I maybe saw about three items passed around and they looked thrown together on a tray. I sat in the same spot for the first hour and nothing appealed to me. I had to find a late night spot to finally eat. Lastly, i saw my cousin go up to the bar the whole night-where the bartenders didn't crack a smile. The whole thing seemed unorganized and as a guest/future bride i felt nervous. Needless to say, I booked my wedding somewhere else.

Sent on 01/20/2013