Rosebud Estate Weddings Reviews

View more information

• Ashley
    Ashley Married on 09/26/2020

Rustic farm wedding venue

This venue is completely breath taking and everything I have ever dreamed of, aswell as the owner charlene is very responsive and quick to answer any of my questions along the way and help anyway they are able, definitely recommend!
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 10/12/2019

Superb Wedding Venue! Nothing like it in WNY!

We can't even express how wonderful our experience was at Rosebud with Charlene and Barney! Our weekend was perfect thanks to them. This venue is breathtaking in all seasons. The amount of work that Charlene and Barney put into their venue and the grounds is unmatched. It's just magical. Our guests were floored at the beauty of the venue. Even those that are from the general area had no idea that a place like this existed locally. Charlene was always super responsive via email and phone. She and Barney were accommodating and offered helpful suggestions without having us lose the vibe we were looking for. We would highly recommend staying the whole weekend and using all the facility has to offer. Having lodging on-site including tent camping and RV capacity was amazing to be able to spend extended time with friends and family. The amount of thoughtful touches and assistance Charlene and Barney provide is so much appreciated. They go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect, but are never obtrusive. Some couples may choose to use a day-of wedding coordinator like we did - my suggestion would be to make sure that the coordinator is in contact with Charlene and Barney as they are your best resource and asset! With having to bring in multiple vendors, organization is the key. Especially if you are doing multiple days, assigning tasks to helpers (family, etc. ) is critical. Everyone made fun of the spreadsheets upon spreadsheets used in the planning process, but I would do it again this way and wouldn't change a thing. We would absolutely recommend Rosebud for any future event. In fact, we hope to make it back here ourselves for an anniversary celebration!
    Angel Married on 09/22/2018
    Where do we begin! From the moment we met Charlene to book the venue to the very end, she was absolutely amazing!!! We booked the venue 2 years in advance and she stayed in contact with me the entire time. Any question I had, she responded almost immediately. Charlene worked with us every step of the way and was very accommodating. She worked with our vendors to coordinate the set up and allowed them to come in early and pick up late since we chose not to have our ceremony at Rosebud. She was very kind to us and all of our guests. We had family in from out-of-state who stayed Friday night in their RV. When they were ready to leave for the ceremony, they realized their tire was flat. Unable to find any alternate transportation, Charlene and Barney made certain they were able to attend the ceremony. This is something that we will be forever grateful for and never forget!!!! Our ceremony started late which backed up our reception start time. The ceremony was an hour away from Rosebud. Charlene went above and beyond to assist in getting everyone to where they needed to be to save the time that was lost. We cannot thank her enough for all that she did!!! Barney was amazing as well. He helped us chase the sunset and capture some of the most amazing pictures on our special day!!! Not every couple can say they experienced what we did on our wedding day!!! Thank you, Charlene and Barney for making our day extra special!!! It was beyond our expectations!!!
    Ashley Married on 08/18/2018
    I had my wedding here on August 18th. My husband and I booked the venue about 3 years in advance. Charlene was very responsive to my millions of questions over the years and she was so helpful throughout the entire planning process. My guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and many said that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to! I highly recommend this venue to everyone that is interested, you will not be disappointed at all!!

Rosebud Estate Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review! Barney, Emily and I were so honored to host your wedding. I enjoyed working with you and loved seeing your vision come to life!!
    Jessie Married on 09/30/2017
    Rosebud estates was the most breathtaking venue. The owners went above and beyond our expectations and very accommodating. We had the venue for 3 days. Everyone enjoyed the campfires that Barney provided each evening! We received so many compliments from family and friends regarding how beautiful the venue and their accommodations were! You need to see the Estate in person to truly appreciate the beauty.. Pictures don't fully capture the essence of the estate. Barney and Charlene helped me from start to finish to create my amazing wedding.
    Thank you!
    Lindsay Married on 09/23/2017
    On September 23, 2017 my husband Dave and I tied the knot at this absolutely stunning venue. I cannot say enough great things about Charlene and her husband Barney who went far beyond what most normal venues do to make this day not only memorable, but made us feel like we were family. They took our vision and made it a reality by working directly with all of our vendors and guests. They both have put in such hard work and the dedication behind the scenes that truly paid off when you have the experience that we did. Charlene acted as the wedding coordinator, which she didn't have to do, but wanted to--she sees the bigger picture but also the smallest details that truly make each event unique and special to the couples/family/ friends and vendors that get the opportunity to create ever lasting memories and dreams of what each woman pictures her "perfect day" to be. Since the knows the venue better than anyone, our wedding went off without a hitch and the night only got better!! Every one of our guests have boasted about how the pictures of this place don't do it justice because it caters to the wants and needs for almost everyone that attended. I couldn't have picked and worked with a better group of people and I've never been so happy to make the decision we did with deciding to pick Rosebud Estates for our wedding venue. A million thank yous to Charlene, Barney, all of our vendors, friends and family that made this day possible--it simply couldn't have happened without all of you!! From the bottom of our hearts, we love this place and hope to see it continue to grow in to the perfect venue for more wedding couples to come!! <3 <3 XoXo

Rosebud Estate Weddings's reply:

Thank you!  Barney, Emily and I are so thankful for your wonderful review.  We do try to make every wedding special. We are blessed to have the opportunity to share our home with families to celebrate their special day.
    Gina Married on 07/29/2017
    I loved loved loved having my wedding at Rosebud. Charlene, her family and staff are wonderful, accommodating and friendly. The site is breathtaking and unique. I had some friends and family grumbling about how far the drive was from the city, but at the end of the night everyone was raving. The site can be used in multiple ways, and Charlene is always open to your ideas. She will tell you what will work, and what will not- that honesty is important. But she allows you to make your wedding unique and special to you. In my line of work I have encountered a lot of vendors- you will not find one that make your day more personal than Rosebud. From the moment they take you around the site, to the day after your wedding when they are helping your mom search for your lost phone- they go above and beyond. I was on cloud 9 all night long. It is definitely more work on your end than a banquet hall, but every month it seemed like there was something new and exciting either being built on site, or a new sign that I could use for my wedding. And Charlene was always available to answer your questions, talk to your other vendors and give you advice on decor. Her husband Barney is a wonderful and talented builder-of-all-things-rustic, and her daughter Emily was super and took my friends on horseback riding expeditions. People were over the moon about this weekend- thank you for making our wedding so spectacular, laid-back yet elegant, and FUN. As a friend told me the next day, Rosebud was "enchanting".

Rosebud Estate Weddings's reply:

We are truly blessed...our clients have trusted us with such a big day and we love sharing our beautiful home and estate with these amazing families! I am so thankful, joyous and just appreciative of it ALL❣
    Kayla Married on 02/11/2017
    Spent a Romantic weekend at Rosebud!
    Diane Married on 10/01/2016
    A huge Thank You to Charlene and Barney. This place is a MUST...especially for the bride looking for a unique and personalized wedding. My daughter just got married at Rosebud Estate and I can't say enough good things about the entire experience! Our 1st appointment blew us away. After touring several other facilities, we were taken aback at how beautiful the Estate is. The owner is friendly, knowledgeable and organized. We walked away with a wedding packet that not only consisted of vendor recommendations but a step by step planning guide which we used for the entire event. They also have MANY things that you can use of theirs (decorations) that other places charge you to use. I found that many things were included at no extra charge which was very much appreciated by someone on a tight budget. They help set everything up with you and help take it down. Their packages are well priced and very easy to follow. There are no hidden fees or surprises at the end. The Estate was amazing and the staff was wonderful! I would highly recommend Rosebud!
  • User2753550 2+ years ago
    I was married August 20, 2016 at the Rosebud Estate and I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect wedding! This venue is more than beautiful it is breath taking!
    We had the estate for two days and were able to come in and set up the day before which was a huge relief so nothing had to be done the day of. The bridesmaids and I stayed in the main log house and the groomsmen in the cabin the night before and I would recommend that to everyone! We all woke up together and it was so relaxing looking out the windows seeing the beautiful property the morning of my big day.
    Charlene and Barney (wedding coordinators) were absolutely amazing making sure that everything ran smoothly on our special day, everything from guest arrival with parking attendants, transportation to the ceremony site and reception on a hay wagon to processional help at the ceremony. They both made sure the whole day was perfect and that all of my guests were having a great time!
    I had a unique picture in my head of my dream day and Charlene didn't discourage any of my ideas she helped me make them a reality! I had my puppy walk down the aisle in a tutu with the flower girls and i walked my horse down the aisle to meet my dad.

The reception area is huge i had 250 guests, 2 bands, and the caterer I brought in did stations and there was still a ton of room to dance and enjoy the party. The reception area is elegant with rustic chandlers, pretty backdrops, and a custom wooden bar. I was able to design a floor plan for how I wanted everything to be arranged and that was another great way to make it my own!
    I loved how I had a say on every part of my big day!
    This is the perfect venue for someone looking for something unique. I love that each wedding will have its own look and brides can make their special day exactly how they want! I would recommend this venue to any bride, you won't be disappointed!
    Tahirih Married on 06/23/2018
    Most beautiful and well maintained venue I could have imagined. Unfortunately the owner is pretty difficult to deal with...

Rosebud Estate Weddings's reply:

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to state that illegal drugs are not permitted on the Estate. Your family and friends drug use put everyone and our business in jeopardy. We submitted the cocaine baggies and the photos of drug paraphernalia to our attorney. My God! Who brings a 20 inch blowtorch to a wedding! Your guests could have burned down our Estate and home. Children stay and sleep in the very rooms where drugs were found. After the bride's mother made a hasty departure apologizing for the situation I had hopes that you would step up as the groom's mother and limit the damage. As I explained to you in the parking lot that if you didn't shut down the 100 decibel music the police would be called in and they would find the drugs. Out of respect for the bride's mother who was apologetic and deeply sorry for the situation, we allowed you and your guests to stay.
  • User2792045 2+ years ago
    Rosebud is an amazing venue for a wedding without a doubt and Charlene was wonderful from the early stages all the way thru the ceremony and reception. One of the negatives though is the amount of work you are in for with setting up your own wedding. Rosebud is a blank slate and as that might seem great it's a lot of added stress and work. It is on you to set everything up and when I say everything I mean everything. When I figured we were paying all of the money we were for the venue you would think you would get some sort of service along with it. Not the case. What you pay for is to be "allowed" to be on Charlene's property. Here is where things go down hill. I found out that I was responsible to completely clean up all of the food items from the reception area within minutes of the reception ending by an irate Charlene who spoke to me in a manner that only a mother should be able to talk to an irresponsible out of control preteen. Not a 26 year old man who just spent a significant amount of money with you. The way she spoke to me and some of my closest friends directly after the reception was truly unbelievable and even more so unwarranted. There is no way a person as protective of their house should ever rent it out for a wedding of all things. The log cabin is amazing and was perfect for my wife and her bridesmaids to get ready in; but apparently having the 15 or so people who are staying the night on the porch to have some drinks while it is raining constitutes in Charlene's words a "frat party". Also having "unsupervised tours" of Charlene's house is simply disrespectful (her words not mine). The person we dealt with before the wedding was amazing. The monster we dealt with as soon as the reception ended will haunt our memories for some time.

Rosebud Estate Weddings's reply:

Barney and I were greatly disappointed to read your grievances about your exclusive rental at Rosebud. We have hosted visitors from as far away as Singapore, Istanbul, Kenya, as well as our local communities in our short- term rentals. Our 2016 wedding season was a huge success with many beautiful couples saying “I Do” at Rosebud. We love sharing our home and the Estate with our bridal guests. Everyone agrees that your wedding was amazing. In addition to our very generous wedding package we had provided you with free add-ons:60 Ft of wall draping, 5 wine barrels, rental of LOVE sign, porta-john and 50 white umbrellas. What happened after midnight was very disturbing to everyone involved. Our rules do limit certain activities but must be enforced to comply with local, state laws and to remain within the scope of our insurance coverage. We take pride by exceeding our guest’s expectations. We are very sorry that we did not meet all your expectations but your expectations were misplaced given your contractual commitments regarding this event.
    Sometimes it can be confusing understanding the differences between a hotel/banquet hall and our exclusive Estate rental. The distinction is important because that while hotels/banquet halls provide more services they charge sales tax. Services that we are not allowed to provide: housekeeping, cleaning, food or beverage services. Your rental agreement and caterers’ agreement covered all the rules and regulations regarding food service and clean-up. Whether it was the lateness of my request ( after midnight) or more likely the fact that the people were already intoxicated.. I unfortunately needed to raise my voice to assure compliance. Your cake, garbage, open drinks could not be left unattended overnight. We have hosted weddings, family reunions, corporate events, charity events.. The clean-up after the event has never been an issue except at your event. The following review is from the same event.
  • User2792988 2+ years ago
    It pains me to write this but if my review can prevent others from experiencing what we did then I feel like it is important. My Dad was very sick & we needed to plan our wedding in 4 months. Rosebud had an opening & Charlene was helpful with planning. There aren’t good hotels in the area so we rented the venue for the wedding day and night so guests could stay over. My wedding day was perfect & guests had fun. After the wedding ended, we had some friends back to the house to have drinks. Charlene said she was fine with it the day before. I saw Charlene yelling at my husband in front of all our friends for not cleaning up the reception area & that her house “isn’t a frat house”. We are a younger couple but very responsible & would never damage someone else’s property. None of our friends were being obnoxious and were just sitting & talking. Charlene continued to check in on us by driving a golf cart down the driveway. My bridesmaid was missing so I called her and she answered in tears. Charlene yelled at her for inviting people down to the house after the wedding & told her to “have some dignity you’re a bridesmaid”. Charlene would not let her sleep on an air mattress in the house & told her to leave. There were rules that suddenly existed that we weren't told about. I felt very uncomfortable & didn’t want to sleep there on my wedding night. We paid to rent the venue until 9pm but left very early because we felt unwelcome. We never received an apology from Charlene for the wedding night. When my husband drove back to pick up some left items he talked with Charlene about what had happened. She said we are lucky she freaked out because that’s the only reason we got our security deposit back. We didn’t damage anything! My mom was upset & sent Charlene an email to clear everything up. Charlene’s responded how we are ungrateful & irresponsible “young people”. I'm glad my wedding day was beautiful. That's the only part I want to remember.

Rosebud Estate Weddings's reply:

Please see James review for complete response
    We need to comply with NYS Occupancy And NYS Health Dept Reg. To comply, we request that each overnight guest registers within a week before the event and upon arrival the guests are shown to their rooms. Guests must be housed in bedrooms. Sleeping in the common rooms with inflatable beds is not permitted. We recommend arrivals between 11am and 3pm the day of the event to ensure everyone is settled in before the event starts. In your situation, my request for your guest list was never answered. In fact, Lisa informed me that to her knowledge “no one was staying overnight”. This small detail led to the huge confusion at midnight as to who was staying and where their rooms were. At 3 am guests who were not registered were found wandering through the Bunk House
    opening doors “looking for their rooms”. The 2am visit to your campfire by Barney was to ensure that the fire was being attended and put out properly. My conversation with your bridesmaid occurred during the reception when she asked me to alter her gown by tying it up around her waist so she could dance more freely… when I declined she continued to insist so I replied by telling her that I felt it was undignified. Many years ago, 1978, I was a house mother at a Fraternity House (ATO)- what I experienced at your after-party (young men dancing shirtless, cleaning up vomit,sleeping on floors and helping tipsy ladies walk) reminded me of their keg parties. In hindsight, I shouldn’t have used that description, however apt it may have seemed at the time. I disagree with your mother’s comment that “we should expect drunkenness”. We don’t expect our guests to become so highly intoxicated that they fail to recall their legal commitments. Furthermore, your event is the only event where we have experienced this behavior.