Rose Hill Plantation Reviews

Rose Hill Plantation 5
Rose Hill Plantation 6
Rose Hill Plantation 7

Emily · Married on 05/06/2016

I don't even know where to start with writing this review because there are so many good things to say about this venue! I came across Rose Hill Plantation on this website when searching for venues after getting engaged. Rose Hill was one of the first venues that we checked out and we immediately fell in love with this place! The grounds are absolutely gorgeous and well maintained and the plantation house and reception hall are beautiful as well. When we visited this venue, they were already booked for Saturdays a year in advance but we loved it so much we decided to get married on a Friday and we wouldn't have changed a thing about it. Nicole was such a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process! She was always quick to respond to my (many) emails and questions and was so helpful! From the beginning stages of planning to the day of, she was so sweet and friendly and willing to do anything she could do to help. We got married at the gazebo and were battling chances of rain but Nicole knew that our hearts were set on having our ceremony outside so she ensured us that they would do whatever they could to accommodate our guests by wiping down chairs at the last minute or moving our ceremony indoors if needed. Luckily, the rain held off until right when our ceremony ended. All of our guests were so impressed with the service, food, and the beauty of this venue! Many of our friends have gotten married recently or are getting married soon and we have heard so many complaints about the service of other places, surprise costs after signing a contract, and not being able to easily get in contact with staff. We quickly realized that we were so fortunate that we did not face any issues during our wedding planning process.. Rose Hill is the best of the best and definitely worth every penny! :)

Sent on 05/16/2016

Vicki · Married on 03/19/2016

From the very first meeting with this staff, we were impressed with their professionalism, eagerness to please us and willingness to accomodate our every wish. During the planning, they were responsive and courteous and very patient. Our guests have raved about the beauty of the venue, the wonderful food and the exceptional staff. The whole weekend was picture perfect and it was all because of the staff. It was a fairy tale come true and I just can't say enough great things about them. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone!!

Sent on 03/25/2016

Lauren · Married on 11/28/2015

A few paragraphs of wonderful things to say will never amount to how wonderful Rose Hill Plantation was to us! I first attended a wedding with my sister at Rose Hill 4-5 years ago, as babysitters for 4 children of the family (all of which who were in the wedding). I knew, right then, when we pulled up to the Manor House at Rose Hill, that I would plan my wedding one day at this amazing venue.
    My husband, Seth, and I had our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and wedding reception at Rose Hill Plantation and all were EQUALLY amazing!!! From the food, the service from staff, and the hospitality, Rose Hill set the standards high. Nicole Marion, the wedding coordinator for Rose Hill, is absolutely phenomenal and I couldn't have asked for a better person to work with! She was always so approachable and flexible in scheduling in-person appointments, as well as phone calls to discuss any questions or concerns we had. And trust me, we had Nicole's email and phone number memorized, and she was always there when we needed her! Our wedding was magical and everything and more than we could have ever asked for. Nicole and her staff at Rose Hill put this bride and groom (and our entire bridal party and family) at ease with NO stress whatsoever. We could go on and on! Thank you so much to everyone at Rose Hill. You have outdone yourselves and provided us with the best day of our lives with so many lasting memories!

Sent on 12/04/2015

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!! Everything about my experience with Rose Hill was spectacular. We had our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and reception here. We pretty much rented out the place all weekend we loved it so much. Nicole was so sweet and helpful! I sent her so many emails and she got back to me right away and answered all of my questions. She made me feel so comfortable and like I wasn't bugging her. And the food!!! Oh my, the food was out of this world and I'm not just saying that because it was my wedding. We had everyone come up to us and tell us. We had stations and it was so good. Loved the chef -- he is so talented. We had a BBQ at the smokehouse for the rehearsal and that was just as good. Everything about the property was beautiful! There isn't a bad thing to say about it. My matron of honor and I even stayed in the Manor House the night before the wedding. Everyone that works there was so helpful. My husband, father, and groomsmen went clay shooting the day of the rehearsal and really enjoyed it. I can't speak highly enough about Rose Hill. You will be so happy you had your wedding here. I wish I could have wedding there every year!!

Sent on 01/04/2016

Laura · Married on 10/23/2015

My husband and I planned our dream, North Carolina wedding from Texas and it all was rooted with the beautiful Rose Hill Plantation.

I had fallen in love with Rose Hill before we moved and knew I wouldn't find a venue to match the beauty or the value so we were eager to book it right away! Nicole was our coordinator and was incredibly accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process and was so sweet about my many, many questions for her.

We had our rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception all at Rose Hill, and the morning of the wedding, my husband shot at the Rose Hill sporting clays range. Each aspect was perfect!

Many of our guests told us they had honestly never been to a more beautiful wedding, and neither had we. The venue is absolutely breath-taking no matter where you are! We loved our front porch ceremony, the indoor reception in Nathan Hall, and having the luxury of staying in this beautiful manor overnight. Waking up and having coffee on the back porch is a moment my husband and I will never forget.

I could go on and on about how wonderful Rose Hill was for us, but I'll stop here. There truly isn't a single thing I would change! My advice to brides looking for the perfect venue is to stop looking and BOOK ROSE HILL NOW!!

Sent on 10/27/2015
  • W

walter · Married on 10/17/2015

The venue is gorgeous with multiple options for the ceremony and reception, including a rainy day plan. The food and service were fantastic !!! We dropped a few unexpected requests on them both a couple weeks before the wedding and at the reception and they were met promptly and without any hassle. Additionally, they recommended a vendor to provide shuttle transportation and he worked out great.
    No wedding at a beautiful venue like this one is "cheap" however I can say every dime was well spent and we could not have asked for a better, hassle free day. Nicole, thank you !!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Sallie · Married on 09/26/2015

Our wedding at Rose Hill was incredible. We worked for months with the amazing staff to make the day perfect. The staff made themselves extremely available to us whenever we had questions about anything. When it rained on the big day, they moved the whole thing inside without a single problem. They are accommodating and the space is so beautiful!

Sent on 01/01/2016

Heather · Married on 09/12/2015

Rose Hill Plantation is hands down the best wedding venue in the Triangle area - granted I may be a little biased since I had my wedding here! From the moment we drove through the wonderful overhanging trees that lined the driveway that lead to the beautiful plantation home, we knew we had found our wedding venue, and we hadn't even been inside yet! Once we received the tour of the property, we were even more blown away. The grounds were so well kept/manicured, the plantation home was spectacular, and the banquet hall was the perfect size for our event! They were able to offer us multiple location settings to choose from for the ceremony (inside and out), and were extremely accommodating when it came to weather conditions for an outside ceremony. The staff were always so helpful with any questions we had during the planning process and met with us on multiple occasions to go through all of the wedding details. Then it came down to the actual wedding day, where Rose Hill Plantation put together the most amazing wedding for us! The girls were able to get ready in the plantation home, while the guys were able to go shooting in the morning and then hang out at the pool before making their way to the Gentleman's Room to get ready. It was such a relaxing, stress free morning/afternoon as everything was taken care of for us. Our ceremony started on time and flowed perfectly into cocktail hour and the reception. The food was AMAZING (we received so many compliments from guests after the wedding), and the staff were even more amazing! If we needed something, the staff at Rose Hill made it happen, without question. They even made sure we (Bride and Groom) got to eat dinner before mingling, and still brought us and our wedding party left-overs for after the event! I cannot say thank you enough to Rose Hill for making our wedding day the best day of our lives! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone - they will make your wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/20/2015

hannah · Married on 08/29/2015

I have nothing but the most wonderful things to say about this venue. I think this was probably the best choice that I made in planning this wedding. I was sold on the first tour I took of this beautiful and unbelievably well-maintained property, and went ahead and cancelled the remaining tours I had set. It might be seen as a little pricey compared to some other venues in the area, but you are getting very real luxury at Rose Hill. Working with Nicole to answer all of my questions leading up to the big day was one of my favorite parts of the entire planning process. She was so lovely, professional, knowledgeable, and really helped me to relax and know that everything was in capable hands.

The food was incredible! I was a little bummed out at first that we'd be taking pictures during the cocktail hour, because the hors d'oeuvres I had selected sounded so delicious, but as it turned out, there were a few waiters who followed us around serving us bubbly and the tastiest scallops, crap cakes, etc while we taking our photos around the magnificent property. It was amazing. People were going on for weeks about how beautiful the property is and how fantastic the food was. And the staff! The staff were so kind and warm. They really know how to make you feel so special. My husband and I had all of our food and drinks served to us - our glasses were always full and our every need was taken care of. We also got a TON of food taken up to our room that evening for after the reception to chow down on, which was much appreciated! I would 100% recommend Rose Hill to anyone getting married, and I can only hope I get to attend a wedding there in the future!

Sent on 10/22/2015

Jerry · Married on 07/25/2015

From the Father and Mother of the Bride.
    This was our 2nd wedding and we can say without a doubt that Rose Hill is the best! Nicole was outstanding to work with and accommodated all of our requests. She was always available. The service, staff, facilities, and the food are top notch! We received feedback from most of our guests and everyone commented that it was the best wedding experience for them. So many of them commented that the dinner was excellent, especially the filet! We had early access to the facilities so that we could make sure everything was set-up to our high standards. Even the rehearsal dinner was outstanding! Rose Hill made this a very memorable experience! I will recommend Rose Hill to everyone!

Sent on 08/05/2015

Rose hill helped me have my dream wedding. There is not one thing I would change. They were so helpful and accommodating for my long distance wedding. I live in another state and they made my wedding one that people are still talking about. The venue itself is breathtaking and the food was mouth watering!!! Best decision I ever made ( well after my husband of course;)

Sent on 08/20/2015
  • User5197297 · 2+ years ago

Nicole and the whole Rose Hill team provided wonderful services from the moment I visited the venue till the day of the wedding. If you are considering having a wedding in NC I highly recommend you visit the Rose Hill Plantation. The venue is absolutely stunning and the service is phenomenal. I do not currently reside in NC and had to plan the whole wedding from afar but the folks at Rose Hill made the planning process seamless. My expectations were not only met but surpassed. The food, the venue itself, and he services they provided were everything I wanted and more!

Sent on 06/22/2015

By far the best place to ever get married. We are still in the process of planning everything. But everyone who works there is so sweet and so professional and could not ask for a better location.

Sent on 03/07/2015

Ann · Married on 05/15/2015

My husband and I had searched for what seemed liked forever for the perfect wedding venue. We came across Rose Hill Plantation and immediately knew this was the place we were going to get married at. The plantation was so secluded and the grounds were absolutely stunning! Throughout the entire planning process we worked with Nicole who was absolutely wondering. She was so patient with us and responded quickly to our numerous emails. During the reception, the wait staff were so professional, attentive and curiosity. We couldn’t have been happier with the venue, Nicole, staff and assistant manager. They all did a wonderful job and made our wedding day special. Thanks to all of the Rose Hill staff!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Rose Hill Plantation is a perfect place for a wedding. The grounds are beautiful and provide lots of options for outside and inside ceremonies/reception. The Manor House is full of history, and a perfect backdrop for beautiful photos. Walter and the staff are extremely efficient and friendly. The food is catered at Rose Hill as well and is superb! I would highly recommend this venue for the Rehearsal dinner and Wedding.

Sent on 12/28/2014

Vicky · Married on 09/13/2014

If you are looking for a wedding venue that offers it all, look no further !!!!!!
    The beauty and surroundings of Rose Hill Plantation is surpassed only by the staff and their accommodating ways. From the very first time we visited last August to begin planning until we left at midnight this past Saturday evening, it was my daughter's fairy tale wedding!
    Walter, Nicole, Carrie, Steven and so many staff members that I cannot begin to name, made our wedding weekend absolutely perfect.
    We had major weather issues and the solutions we were offered, and how they were executed by the staff was amazing.
    The rehearsal dinner was at the Smoke House and it was a delicious BBQ with all of the trimmings. The cocktail hour was held in the Manor House and everyone raved about the food!
    It was presented in a beautiful way and tasted wonderful!
    The ceremony at the gazebo with the swans swimming around in the pond was breath taking!
    The presentation and service of the plated dinner for the reception in Nathan Hall was exquisite!
    I am still receiving calls about how great the food was.
    Our every whim was catered to. The Bridal Party had food and beverages provided through out the day until time for the ceremony.
    Again, thank you Walter, Nicole, Carrie, Steven and everyone else for making memories for us that we will cherish forever!
    Vicky Helms
    Mother of the Bride

Sent on 09/17/2014
  • W

Wendi · Married on 08/30/2014

When my hubby and I decided we wanted to do something a little different for our wedding we began searching for old plantations, farms and bed and breakfasts in VA and NC. There is nowhere else (near our hometown at least) where you get outdoor beauty, a ceremony on the water and a huge indoor banquet hall for the reception. Our wedding was on Aug 30 (labor day weekend) so we knew it could be VERY hot or POURING down rain. This gave us the best of everything with a great weather contingency plan. The food is wonderful and the servers are all very very friendly. When we booked, there was no other events the few days leading up to our wedding so we had planned to do all of our decorating and such on the day before. Less than two weeks before, they booked another wedding the night before, which made me (scheduling freak!) go a little crazy and panic. They were willing to work with us in an unbelievable way. We couldnt rehearse on site because the other wedding would be beginning shortly after, but they allowed our entire wedding party to stop by and look and then we went to one of the other houses on the property where they had set up one row of chairs to allow us to practice. Since the Friday night wedding was not over until late, they had one brave staff member volunteer to stay late and allow us to come decorate the entire inside banquet room between 11:30 and midnight. They even let us do the outdoor decorating the morning of the wedding VERY EARLY. This made it so that I could still put everything where I wanted and how I wanted it, without interfering with the rest of the strict schedule we had for getting ready and leading up to the ceremony. Some of my family originally did not understand why we had to travel over 2 hours for our wedding; but as soon as they got there they understood! My only com;aint was that the heat brought out gnats, which for whatever reason were very annoying the entire wedding.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Rose Hill Plantation was so beautiful!! I loved having my wedding there! They were very accommodating and easy to work with! They also were very nice! They made my day very special! I would definitely recommend.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Samantha · Married on 05/25/2014

My husband and I got married at Rose Hill on May 25, 2014, and could not have imagined having our wedding at a more beautiful venue. The Rose Hill grounds, manor house, and reception hall are all immaculately well-kept, and the employees are some of the most accommodating, organized, and friendly people we have ever worked with! Walter, the Property Manager, not only helped us work within our budget, he helped us create a wedding that was completely unique to us. He personally picked up the special NC craft beers we requested for our open bar, worked with us in the design and set-up of the reception hall, and was so patient through our endless questions and requests in the last couple of weeks before the big day. Nicole, another employee at Rose Hill, was also a huge help in finalizing all of the details and in helping us coordinate our rehearsal and wedding day. In fact, the entire staff at Rose Hill is incredible! My husband and I were worried that we would not have time to eat during the reception, but that was not an issue at all, since 2 waiters/waitresses immediately brought plates and plates of food to our sweetheart table the moment we sat down! And don't even get me started on the food! It was all absolutely delicious! We went with the 3 dinner stations + 5 passed hors d'oeuvre option and had MANY guests tell us how fantastic the food was! There were options for every guest, including vegetarian, gluten-free, nut-free, etc.

Honestly, there is not one complaint we have about this venue. Despite its somewhat inconvenient location in Nashville, NC (as we live in Raleigh), we would recommend this venue to any couples looking to get married locally or looking for a destination wedding location. The cost was perfect for our budget and much more affordable than many of the other "Southern" venues

Sent on 06/03/2014

Rose Hill Plantation is gorgeous. My husband and I couldn't have picked a better place to get married. Walter was great to work with and went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect!

ps. the food is amazing!

Sent on 04/28/2014

Molly · Married on 03/29/2014

Walter and the whole staff at Rose Hill are amazing. I was lucky enough to celebrate my wedding there this weekend and it was the most wonderful weekend. From the rehearsal dinner at the Smokehouse, to the cocktail hour in the Main House and the reception in Nathan Hall - everything was spectacular. Walter went above and beyond to make all the details, big and small, exactly what we wanted.

The wait staff not only made sure to bring my husband and I a plate of everything from each food station, but they also made sure do the same thing for our grandparents and our friend with a baby. It rained, but it didn't even matter - there were staff members there with umbrellas to escort guests from the cocktail hour to the reception. They were all the best!

Sent on 04/02/2014

Rose Hill is a beautiful place. I always wanted to be married at an old plantation house under the trees and that's exactly what I got. We were able to have our ceremony and reception in the same place which was wonderful. I had my ceremony in the pecan grove and it was beautiful. The staff was very professional and polite and there when you needed them. Walter had everyone on point! The food was awesome! Every single person I talked to brought up how great the food was. I had like half a plate at dinner because my dress was a little tight lol and then the staff left us two whole plates in our room in case we got hungry that night... and we did... and we ate all of it! It was delicious. The flow of things went very nicely and a lot of decisions we made were Walter's ideas.. and they came out great. All the wedding guests commented on how beautiful Rose Hill was and how they had no idea it existed! Not a single thing went wrong that night and I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 10/23/2013
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 08/31/2013

Rose Hill is soooo beautiful. Walter was very easy to talk to and listened to what we envisioned on our wedding day. I recently got married on August 31, 2013 and wanted something small yet elegant. The grounds were well kept and the scenery is absolutely breathtaking. The food was DELICIOUS!!! Everyone is still talking about the food even 2 weeks after the wedding. The staff was very nice and they were eager to assist you with whatever you needed. Did I mention the food was GREAT!! :)

Thank you so much Walter for everything that you did to make my dream wedding a success!!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Jessica · Married on 08/10/2013

Rose Hill is the Best!!! My husband and I just got married on August 10th at Rose Hill, and couldn't be happier with the results. The venue at Rose Hill is stunning, and they do an excellent job at keeping the property maintained. Walter and his staff were there every step of the way with making sure we had everything we needed leading up to the big day, as well as during the ceremony and reception. I would not consider going anywhere else to get married, but at Rose Hill! The food is excellent, location is perfect, and the staff are super helpful! We were so pleased with the outcome of our wedding because still to this day we have people to tell us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Sent on 08/28/2013

April · Married on 05/12/2013

Short Version: RoseHill Plantation is the perfect place for your fairytale wedding
    Longer version: The location is BEAUTIFUL. All the food is prepared there, they have all the rentals you need (tables, silverware, gorgeous place settings, etc) everything is so simple. Walter and Carrie were my personal dream come true and from the moment I started working with them all the stress and anxiety of dealing with vendors became nonexistent. Walter was exactly what I needed in a facility manager, business oriented, professional, flexible, honest, and responsive. If Walter wasn’t available, then I could just as easily get in touch with Carrie. They are a great team and work seamlessly together. They were extremely patient and very thorough and never acted annoyed. I could go on for days on how much I appreciate how professional and easy it was to work with them.
    Breakdown of why I love Rose Hill:
    Food-This was super important to me. #1 because I way paying for it, #2 because I’ve been to so many sit down weddings where the food is awful and I did not want that at my wedding. The food at Rose Hill was GREAT! We had two separate guests ask us if we booked the venue because of the food!! It’s a weird question but you get the point-it was really good food.
    Setting-This is easy. Everything is immaculate. The worst part is having your photographer figure out where they want to take your picture.
    Pricing/Packaging- The pricing and menu options were SO easy. I wish Walter & team could consult to other facilities on how to set up their food pricing. There are no hidden fees and no outrageous add-ons every time you turn around.
    Professionalism/Service: From planning the event to dinner service during the reception everything was top notch.
    To sum it up, I had several guests tell me it was the nicest wedding they have ever been to. That’s more than I ever expected for my Special day and I know everything turned out how it did because of Rose Hill.

Sent on 06/11/2013