Rose Garden Estate Weddings Reviews

81 | Tehachapi, CA

81 Reviews for Rose Garden Estate Weddings

2.0

Pros: They were quick to respond to all questions. They had many decorations for customer to use for the wedding at no extra cost. The had scheduled a caterer that cancelled and upgraded us the the next package at no extra cost. They were very friendly. Venue is beautiful love the mountain in the background of the ceremony. The breakfast the next morning was amazing. Paul makes a mean blueberry pancake! The honeymoon house is very nice. You have everything you need and the house is very clean.
    Cons: Lori did our ceremony and didn't review with us what she was going to say . She had stated during the ceremony that one of the things my now husband liked about me at the start of our relationship was an "amazing butt" this completely embarrased me and I just wanted to leave the alter as soon as possible after this. My fiance had told her this when they spoke jokingly prior to the ceremony. If she was going to make this remark she should have reviewed it with us first. He did not think she would say that in front of our families. They were supposed to do all the set up except for our decorations and they did not. the plates and glasses were set up by the wedding party. They highly recommended a DJ that ended up having a few issues. The major one being that he completely messed up the father daughter dance. This also made me very sad. The next morning during breakfast Paul said how much he loves the DJ and that it was just a small mishap with the father daughter dance completely understating this mistake. This is also not the only time the DJ made this mistake. I went to another wedding that he DJ'd and he messed up on the step father daughter dance and the father daughter dance. He also had technical difficulties that made for an awkward grand entrance.

Sent on 10/28/2016

2.0

Sent on 10/28/2016

Kayla · Married on 11/01/2016

1.6
      1.5

Pros: Beautiful place and view, they keep it well maintained. They were very responsive to my questions. The wedding itself turned out beautiful and we were able to get the house from noon the day before to start setting up.

Cons: We were told when we signed the contract that since Lorie would be performing the ceremony she would contact us a month or so before the wedding to talk to us about the ceremony and our vows to give it a personal touch. We never saw or heard from her til 30 minutes prior to the wedding. I was in the middle of putting my dress on and having to tell her as she ran by that we had planned to do our own vows. To which we got "OK that's fine."

WITH ONLY 3 DAYS til the wedding we got a call telling us they did not have the proper license to operate a closed bar and I would have to go buy all the alcohol for 100 people if we wanted to have liquor. Which Paul offered to sell us the alcohol he had at cost but we still weren't prepared for the last minute out of pocket expense.

I had seen many pictures of the barn being set up in different manners (Bar, hutch, etc..), however when we tried to move things around during decorating we were told by their son that it wasn't allowed and things had to stay where they were. I was disappointed that I didn't get the setup I had been planning for months.

The barn leaked, but it was only in a few small spots.

Online as well as all the sponsored ads show in the "ultimate package" which is what we chose, Cake service is included. However when it came time to cut the cake we were told they don't do that and I had to get a bridesmaid to cut and pass out the cake for the guests.

Too many things that went wrong made it less enjoyable than it should've been and very poor communication. If I had a do over, I would go elsewhere. It was not worth the price for the headache and issues it caused.

Sent on 02/26/2017
  • Bridget

Bridget M. · Married on 09/05/2020

Worst experience ever

Let me just say Lori has taken it upon herself to completley and utterly LIE about the events in my wedding. She's upset that my family has repeatedly posted negative reviews about how our experience was at her venue. I have text messages that prove her contradicting herself with what she has commented on everyone's review that was a part of my wedding. Not just from her but her DJ and photographers also have given me intake on Lori that will prove just how much of a fraud she is. She went from trying to apologize for her staffs actions to saying her staff is a 5 star servicer after seeing all the negative reviews! Feel free to message me for full experience and I can send you my review as the bride! It's quite lengthy considering how much CRAP my husband and I went through!
    Lori also takes it upon herself to get other customers to comment great reviews after recieving negative ones as she did to me when I first booked with her. And I will post the review she originally credited me 100$ to do so. I also uploaded the screenshots of the review and her asking me to do so. These new reviews coming in so instant are with it a doubt her work and using my example you can see manipulative Lori is to get her way.

Sent on 10/13/2020

Val · Married on 03/21/2015

0.4
      0.5

If I could give no stars, I would.
    We booked this venue 10 months in advance of our vow renewal in March 2015. It is a new venue and things were not complete when we booked it. We were assured that everything would be finished long before our event. we didn't hear much from them over the next 10 months, two weeks before our event I called them and asked to have a meeting to go over the final details. At the meeting, that I requested, he told us that things would not be finished in time to have our event there. Had I not requested the meeting I don't know when they would have told us. We had two weeks to find a new place to hold our event. We ended up spending a lot more money and incurred a lot of extra cost because of them being unable to fulfill their contract with us, especially on such short notice.

I took numerous pictures the day we were there, only two weeks before our event, of all the construction that was taking place at the time. My heart was broken, I endured immense amounts of stress trying to find a new venue for my husband and I to renew our wedding vows with only two weeks to work with. I cried countless times. It was an absolute disaster.
    In the spirit of transparency I will say that they did give us our deposit back since they were unable to fulfill their end of the contract. But that doesn't make up for the lack of communication with us and the tremendous heartbreak of finding out with just 2 weeks notice that our dream, indoor hall, venue would not be ready for us. It is mid April now and they are still posting photos to their facebook page of all the construction still going on :-(

Sent on 04/18/2015

Rose Garden Estate Weddings's reply:

The reason we promised the date to her and 3 other brides in this month was because we had received "approved stamped plans" from the building dept over a year ago. The Fire Dept came in after we had started building and said we needed a $110,000 fire sprinkler system and tank before we could have weddings. We mortgaged everything and got financing. It was a race to the finish. Than the building dept decided that the engineered tank that we already installed needed "local" engineered plans and we had to stop the project while they went over those plans for weeks !!! . that was the nail that stopped us. We got that resolved and the contractor said we would finish in time - but he got sick and all the other contractors were busy. He came back- but we had lost the time needed for the other 3 brides. It was devastating to us and them. We bought a huge tent with chandelier for one of the brides and she was extremely happy afterwards . Val asked for a full refund and we gladly gave it to her with our deepest apologies. After she left my husband and I just cried over the whole situation. Starting a business in Calif is the most stressful situation imaginable because you have no control until they say you are finished. Our building should be finished this Thursday but we couldn't take the chance on it so we had to be honest with this bride. She is a sweet girl and didn't deserve this stress . After next week no one will be disappointed again because the building will be done . We are soooo sorry but it was out of our hands .

0.2
      0.0

Weddings are about details beyond the big plans like dresses, caterers, decorations and venues. In the end, it is promises kept and contracts adhered to and, most importantly, communication when the former two items are impossible to guarantee for a once in a lifetime event.
    When it looked like the Barn may not be available for a wedding booked a year ago, whose final price ended up being more than $1000 over the original signed contract, you would think that the owners would at least give the Bride a heads up as soon as possible. Instead they waited until barely a week before the wedding before giving us the news.
    My bride asked for an emergency meeting with the owner. She had pre-paid over $4500 for a venue that no longer had a closed, wind and mostly weather-proof reception hall for 100 guests. Paul offered us a tent and claimed that the wedding held two weeks prior had a good time, so we should just be happy with that.
    After hearing Paul go on and on about construction problems, we demanded in addition to paying for the tent $1500 back.
    Paul agreed to pay for the tent, but complained that

Sent on 04/29/2015