Rose Garden Estate Weddings Reviews

81 | Tehachapi, CA

81 Reviews for Rose Garden Estate Weddings

Marla · Married on 10/24/2015

The feel of the wedding was very vintage & classic so I knew this venue would be absolutely perfect. Paul and Lori are probably the sweetest people I've done business with, not only are they professional but very personal, & for those of you planning a wedding that is exactly what you need. The few times I had a question, Paul always had the answer. My wedding day was nothing shy of a dream, the venue has gorgeous views all around the property is in perfect condition, it literally can't be any newer it's freshly constructed with flawless paint inside the hall with gorgeous chandeliers. The bathrooms are every girls dream, huge mirrors big bathroom stalls and always freshly cleaned. The house is so peaceful and spacious my bridesmaids and I stayed in the house the night before the wedding, we awoke to breakfast & coffee. The day of the wedding was seamless, I know they say something always goes wrong well maybe I had a freak coincidence wedding but literally nothing went wrong. The caterer is AMAZING I had family come from all over & let me tell you we're foodies so we like good quality food. My guests complimented the food all night, luckily for us we had left overs so we got to take home a huge tray! Um, BONUS!! Lori packed it up for us and put it in the house. To me this was priceless because at the end of the night, you're tired and hungry! So being able to go open the fridge and have it ready & waiting for you is priceless. If any of you are thinking about getting married here, look no further it is worth every penny and so much more. The prices are affordable and if it seems too expensive remember what I'm about to say, what you get with the packages they offer......you CAN'T beat it. The quality of every part of this place is amazing, from the bedding to the China they use ,even the cleanliness of the baseboards & showers. You just can't go wrong here, I wish all of you future brides and grooms the very best! Happy planning!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Sandra · Married on 10/18/2015

What to say ? Beautiful , clean, magnificent views and excellent customer service . I'm from Yucaipa and it was a drive for my guests but when everyone got there and saw Rose Garden , they understood why it was worth the drive . The BnB house you get to stay in is a dream made for my vintage wedding . It's much more beautiful in person , the photos don't do it justice . The wedding was perfect !! A big thing that made an impression on me was the owners seemed to be a avaiable anytime of the day or night by text or phone . They set up the whole wedding and kept clearing the tables thru the wedding , so the next day for clean up was easy . My guests were really happy at the place and the food was excellent . The lights were great for dancing and the space itself is wonderful . You can see the view thru the window as you dance , it was just perfect .

Sent on 11/27/2015

Melinda · Married on 10/04/2015

I live in Palm Springs and I'm so done with the desert . I found Rose Garden on The Wedding Wire cause Tehachapis near my family . I called at 8:30 at night and Paul answered . We talked for like an hour he was very nice . I made the drive with my friends, who were like why are we driving so far ? When we got there and took the tour my friends were like " oh yea this is the place "!! I booked the house the day before so my 6 bridesmaids could spend the night with me . The owners put up tables on the grass area near the angel because we had a caterer come for a rehearsal dinner . We had the whole place to ourselves , it was really quiet and peaceful and the sunset view across the valley blew my friends away . The next morning Paul came and made his cheesy eggs and French toast for everyone with juice and coffee . I was stuffed ! I loved that I told Lorri where everything went and it was all set up in 2 hours . I brought my own table clothes and little gift boxes and they set it up perfect. Lorri married us and everyone laughed at the cute stories she told about us. The flowers smelled beautiful in the courtyard and everyone sat on the benches looking at the view while we were taking pictures . The food and champagne was as good as I was promised ! The DJ ramped it up and we lowered the chandeliers to dance all night . The light in the trees and the gold lights in the venue were really cool. Paul and Lorri kept asking over and over can I get you anything ? I never had such good service before . It was a dream wedding with out stress. Randy and I recommend this place 100% .

Sent on 11/24/2015

Paisley · Married on 09/13/2015

My fiancée wasn't into wedding stuff and asked me to pick a place . My mom and I had been to other venues and they just rush around and force you to sign a contract on the spot , my mom was not happy . Someone told us about Rose Garden so we drove from Bakersfield and we went for a tour. We spent over two hours asking questions and Paul and Laurie stayed patient the whole time . I said I think I should sign a contract right now I love you guys and Paul said why don't you sleep on it overnight I was shocked ! My mom was telling Laurie how hard it is to be a single mom and Laurie told her of all the years she was a single mom and they both started crying, my mom said this is the place I can feel it . The wedding was wonderful and the food was great , people were having second and third helpings The owners did everything I could possibly ask for to make it my perfect day , this place was a deal and I will be telling all my friends about it I will always be grateful .

Sent on 11/20/2015

Robin · Married on 09/04/2015

I'm from Victorville ( there's really no good places there ) . I'd say the biggest comment I got from guests was the place was spectacular and how did I find it ? and the catered food that Rose Garden provided was like eating in a fine restaurant . You know how you go to weddings and the foods really horrible but you eat it because you're starving and there's nowhere else to go ,this was not that place ,it was the complete opposite . People went back for second and third helpings . Another big thing that people liked was they don't use cheap lousy tasting champagne they use a fancy almond champagne , I liked it so much and I normally hate champagne . Every time I walked into the beautiful bathrooms I would walk in on groups of my guests taking selfies against the Victorian mirror or the gold walls . The whole house is done in a Victorian style and my photographer went wild at all the photo opportunities , we went way over time taking photos and finally my bridal coordinator told us people were starving so we rushed back in. Management worked constantly and we're always working with my coordinator so things ended perfectly ! I am beyond grateful Rose Garden was perfect and made my day perfect . Can't say more than that .

Sent on 10/18/2015

Brandy · Married on 08/30/2015

When I booked this venue a year ago it was just a shell and I was promised bathrooms and that's all I really expected . I'm from the San Fernando Valley so that was the only time I had seen it . When I went back and saw the venue the week before my wedding I was shocked by how beautiful everything was , it far exceeded my dreams of what it would look like . I am mediately made some changes to my wedding Decor, I want from Haybale's to the more luxury things that Rosegarden offered like the chair covers , table Clothes and using all the brand-new decorator things they got in the last year. The lights inside the building on my wedding night were magical . The night was cool and everyone just stood under the softly lit trees covered in lights and looked at how beautiful the view was. When I invited people back into the bed-and-breakfast after the wedding everyone oohed and ahhhhed over the many beautiful things in this Victorian home. Paul and Lori were so kind to my family and did everything perfectly that night , it went so smooth . I feel like I got a really good deal and this place the way it looks now is completely under priced compared to what I saw out there. My family and I are grateful to Rosegarden for giving me more than I expected thank you !

Sent on 10/09/2015

Cheryl · Married on 08/29/2015

I couldn't be happier with my experience with the Rose Garden Estate!! First of all, this place is gorgeous!! Stunning views of the valley and for my special day we had perfect weather. Much cooler than my home town. I mostly dealt with Paul. He was friendly and courteous. He always got back to me right away on any questions or concerns I had. Always making sure we were happy and comfortable, which we very much were. The whole day I was on cloud nine. One of my friends even said this was the best wedding she had ever attended in her adult life. That my smile never left my face. Which is true, I was high on the moment. I was able to enjoy my day! It was so stress free and just perfect. I couldn't have imagined a better place to have one of the most important days of my life at this venue. Thanks to Paul and Lorie. Not to mention Lorie did a fantastic job officiating. She had people laughing and crying. I can not thank them enough! I would love to stay again for an anniversary.

Sent on 09/04/2015

Kristalynne · Married on 08/16/2015

Went for a tour and was able to wander the grounds. Our daughter wanted a Rustic wedding venue and couldn't find anything in our area of Los Angeles that fit her choices, desires and financial means. Unfortunately have a limited income and trying to find a venue that fit that dollar was extremely difficult. We told her we couldn't afford The LA area or a barn theme and she silently was in tears. While we were visiting friends in Tehachapi they told us about this new venue Rose Garden Estate. This place is so manicured and well taken care of. Lorie , was there that day and was very pleasant, respectful and "smiley" . She was so nice that we definitely had to try and make Rose Garden work for our daughter. Paul set us up and we worked out a plan....we surprised our daughter with her dream wedding venue and tears of joy are still flowing! Thank you everyone who assisted in getting us together to make the wedding a night to remember. Rose Garden Estate definitely gets 5 stars from us . We weren't disappointed and neither will you. The any day but Saturday package is the best price around .

Sent on 09/02/2015

Eduardo A. · Married on 06/14/2015

This place was the right place for us . As we drove up Lorie the owner was finishing up cleaning every window in the venue inside and out ! She greeted us with a smile and told us everything from the pretty bed and breakfast to the venue bathrooms was clean and ready for us. It was spotless . She kept asking us thru the day do you need anything ? Can I help you ? It made things easy on me knowing I could ask her help .she was also our minister and asked us lots if personal questions separately than made this beautiful ceremony that was tailored just for us. We both cried , it was beautiful . Paul is friendly and made a wonderful breakfast the next morning of a thing called German baby's pancakes with fresh blueberries , so good. I've been to a lot of weddings recently and the vibe here was warm and nice , not all about business like other places . My friends were shocked at the price it was so good. Go here if your thinking of getting married .

Sent on 08/24/2015

Monica · Married on 06/13/2015

This venue is goregeous no matter what time of year it is. Me and my husband sat down and talked about all the things we wanted for our wedding - outside ceremony is what he wanted, rustic barn type reception is what I wanted. Starting to plan a wedding with such ambitious goals turned out to be the most rewarding. We found this venue by chance searching for bed and breakfast. At the time there had not been any full weddings held - meaning use of the barn, so it was fairly new. We decided to take a look and fell in love. Long story short, money well spent Paul and Lori are amazing and generous people. Paul cooks a mean breakfast as well! The B&B stay the night before and after the wedding was amazing. Only word or warning to those not familiar with Tehachapi, it can get windy. Be prepared to have decorations anchored down and your hair sprayed like it's going out of style. It did not bother us much, being a couple that had their wedding party walk down the isle to the Imperial March, there was nothing that could have ruined our day! Once you see this place, you will fall in love.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Redmond T. · Married on 06/07/2015

Happy happy happy ... We had a wonderful Sunday wedding . It was 116 degrees in Bakersfield but we were all dancing in 75 degree weather . My guests really enjoyed how beautiful the place is and how much cooler it was ., Paul was always in the background asking me if I needed anything - gotta love that . At the end of the night I was glad it had gone perfectly . I soaked in the jacuzzi tub and almost fell asleep .

Sent on 08/15/2015

Brett A. · Married on 05/31/2015

OMG it's finally over and I'm married. It was such a grind to get everything done but it was totally on fleak at the end. I'm glad we picked this place . It was the bomb . It was worth it cause YOLO . Owners were cool . It was blue skies and cold beer and everyone partied hard. Rose garden was a totally doable price and we got the Ultimate package . Less stress for me . Go there .

Sent on 08/19/2015

Brad · Married on 05/24/2015

Hey there , we took the any day but Saturday package saved like a $1000 . Yea some guests didn't come but I saved the cost of feeding them . Paul was my main contact and he was always texting me back instantly . I like that . I hate waiting . Place was beautiful and owners worked hard at making sure we were happy . I like that to. 5 stars

Sent on 08/10/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/23/2015

I knew from the first time I saw this venue that this is where I wanted to have my wedding. The beautiful wedding views and barn-type reception building are just perfect. You have your choice of putting your wedding together yourself or letting them do it for you. Plus the B&B we get to use the night of our wedding with a delicious breakfast to be made for us the morning after. Paul and Lorie are wonderful people, and respond immediately to all this crazy bride's questions. I love this place! Highly recommend it.

Sent on 02/14/2015

Dave A. · Married on 05/22/2015

We had a wonderful wedding here . It's clean ....- that's a big deal with us . Everything looked fresh and new and perfect on our day . The roses out front were all in bloom , the grass was soft and the trees were deep green ( my wedding color) . We spent the night in the bed and breakfast the night before so we could wake up early to set up our wedding
    ( I recommend that to any one ) it took the stress off us . We loved waking up to warm French toast that Paul the owner made ( it was amazing) . Paul and Lorie were so nice to us ! They helped us with everything including Lories the minister and asked us lots of questions about ourselves - so during the ceremony it was personalized for us . Very professional and fun . We made the right choice to get married here BIG TIME .

Sent on 08/07/2015

Robert · Married on 05/15/2015

I had a smaller wedding of 80 people . My bride Gail picked rose garden off the internet and after meeting the owners and seeing how beautiful it was we were sold. Nice people - nice place - very clean and well maintained . People stayed outside on all the benches a lot of the reception because the view is just very nice and there are cool breezes . I've told my friends how great it is . Owners go out of their way to help you - makes a big difference .

Sent on 07/23/2015
  • W

Wendy · Married on 05/10/2015

I booked our wedding here months ago. I was told about construction and the owners had a backup plan ready for me in case construction was not done. Lucky for us the construction was finished. We had our wedding in an absolutely fabulous barn. The building was completely finished and I am so glad. It out did any expectation that I had going in. The grounds of the Rose Garden are magnificent. They can not be beat anywhere in Kern county. I will definitely recommend this place to everyone that I know. Lorie and Paul out did themselves with this place and they helped us make this day exactly what we had dreamed of. I will be making plans to stay in the B and B for many years to come. Thank you Paul and Lorie for an amazing day.

Sent on 05/14/2015

Kassandra · Married on 05/10/2015

I LOVED this place !! I had a big wedding of 275 people . My uncle brought a soccer ball and all the kids played in the courtyard and then ran through the fields chasing after rabbits . I had a barn wedding I loved the chandeliers and the feeling of openness the views are amazing. My new husband Brad and I loved our handmade breakfast that Paul made the next morning after our wedding this place is also a bed-and-breakfast and the food is really great I had 1 million questions but Paul always answer his phone or text me back immediately which made me feel a lot better I could not have done it without Paul and lorie - I would recommend this place to anyone

Sent on 07/16/2015

Cindy · Married on 05/01/2015

I was unbelievably stressed and was probably a bridezilla but Paul and lori never got irritated at me . I know I screamed a few times (make up screwed up, dress too tight ) but the venue itself was perfect !! The they did everything I asked and more . My flowers showed up late and than they left !!!! Paul and his kids helped my mom up up the flowers all over the place and my mom told me afterwards how happy it made her that they were so nice . The BnB is the most beautiful place I have ever stayed at . It was like being in a 5 star hotel . My relatives were giving tours ha ha . I will be back to stay here in the future .

Sent on 07/20/2015

Owners were responsive and helpful in all aspects. I was very pleased with the beauty that surrounded me there and how special I felt in this little town. The tent worked out great and the house was so amazing to go to after the ceremony! The price was a bargain!

Sent on 05/14/2015
  • Mark

Mark S.

Rose Garden is worth the drive!!!

Hands down a wedding day is the most important day in a young girls life. A moment in life they spend hours daydreaming about and then years planning before the “big day”. Pictures speak for the beauty of the location and and how pretty the venue is. But what the pictures wont tell you is the dedication of the owner, Lorie, and her staff. On any big day there are bound to be small hiccups and a venue like this can shine or sink on how they handle them. The staff was quick to respond and deal with the few minor hiccups we had with professionalism and a smile. We got to relax and enjoy our daughters beautiful day. Rose Garden shined on our day.

Every vendor we dealt with was great and made things easy. The photography team helped guide us through the ceremony and kept us focused even while we were starting to have fun (both of our families love to party). Harrison, who is the event manager, made sure things were running smooth and kept checking in to see that I was happy (which I was!). The DJ was awesome, he had the right mix of dance and sentimental music. He was a great emcee who really kept the party raging till the end. The BBQ food we ordered was amazing and there was plenty for every one. We brought in copious amounts of alcohol and the bartenders kept it flowing till the end. Our families love to drink, dance, and party and the staff made it happen!

When our time ran out on the venue we were able to take the party out to the guest house and our RVs and continue the celebration till we were exhausted.

Every father wants to make his daughter’s big day special, so when the next morning my daughter gave me a kiss and said “Thank you daddy for my dream wedding” I could not have been happier.

Thank you Lorie and the Rose Garden team for helping me make her dream come true.

Sent on 05/19/2019

Sarah · Married on 04/08/2017

We found Rose Garden through a family member who saw them on Facebook. After looking at few places we decided to see if and fell in love with the views! Paul and Lori are great and will always have an answer or suggestion for anything you need. At first we thought the price was a little steep, but when you look at everything that is included in the package it makes it well worth it! The food for the reception was amazing and our guests raved about it! The breakfast Paul made us the following morning was so delicious! The only struggle we had was not being able to get into the bed and breakfast early enough to get ready the day of due to the clean up from an event the night before. Made it a little stressful trying to put my decorations and the go back to a hotel in town to have my hair and make up done before coming back to quickly get dressed for pictures. Other than that it was amazing! I would definitely suggest making time in the evening to take pictures under the lit up trees our turned out magical.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Toby · Married on 11/01/2015

I had my wedding at this venue back on November 1, 2015. I wanted something out of the ordinary and romantic for my wife and I. I was referred to this place from some friends. Being from Van Nuys, Ca we really do not travel this far. But, as I stated I wanted something very romantic. Once I pulled up to this picturesque location I was sold. Didn't even have to speak to anyone...the location and the venue was superb. The owners a very friendly and accommodating couple Paul/Lori Weinroth were a complete Godsend. from the food, the ceremony and the view ...I will never forget this night as long as I live. I was truly blessed to give my wife the wedding of her dreams...most of all I was able to afford the wedding of my wife's dreams by coming to Rose Garden Estate Weddings. Thank you very much Paul and Lori for a blessed day.

Sent on 12/21/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/29/2016

4.2

Great venue with almost everything you need, even on a budget! Lori and her husband were very helpful. They tried their best to make my wedding what I wanted. The new gloss flooring came in just in time too. I was very pleased!

Thank you!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Danielle · Married on 09/04/2016

3.2
      3.0
      3.0
      3.5
      2.5

Pros:
    They were friendly in the beginning and had a great price when we booked last year.
    Had a major insurance issue an even though we straightened it out in hours but still they could have called it off.
    It is a beautiful venue!
    They let us setup decorations at 1pm and almost anywhere we needed.

Cons:
    When changes are made to the venue they do not notify you which cost us a lot because we wanted a rustic wedding and they added so many artificial roses, pearls ect.
    We had little contact before, during and after the ceremony.
    The packages says full setup but they let us know they dont fold napkins, tie chair sashes, put the decorations up and they didn't come back from lunch to start setting up until after 3:30 and the wedding was at 5.
    We had 2 guest state they were uncomfortable with Paul. One stating Paul offered her a free drink to write a positive review.
    The woman delivering our cake said Paul told her husband that he thought she was beautiful and that made her feel uncomfortable. Compliments are one thing but this is too much.
    We were approached but numerous guest that their food was taken when they got up so they didn't finish, and that they thought it was tacky that the venue was packing up things in front of guest before 10pm which the venue was booked until.
    We definitely got the feeling they didn't like us I don't know if it was because we booked on a Sunday and got a discount so they didn't get a whole lot of money or what.
    They did not put the chair covers on the chairs and they had no professional bartender saying he called out so the owner Paul did it instead of having a backup.
    We needed a ladder that Paul had just put back so he got agitated and told them they would have to get a different ladder themselves and put it back.
    Paul got upset that I would not give him burlap that was on the arch but it wasn't mine. When I told him it wasn't mind he still was upset and said he thought that was weird he could have it.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Rose Garden Estate Weddings's reply:

Hi Danielle its Lorie :) Thanks for the comments. We are a little confused only because your husband handed us an envelope with $200 in it as a tip as he was leaving and stated this was because the wedding went so smooth the night before. We were thrilled as this was the first time we had gotten a tip before. As to set up its true we only do the set up of the things we offer such as tables , linens , china and glassware. We never do decorating of tables or chairs as that is usually very personal and the friends of the family or a decorator does that. Your wedding was really beautiful and every thing was set up on time before the ceremony. I was standing with Paul when he complemented those women and actually gave him a hug for being so sweet to them. We have decided that maybe Paul should discontinue doing that as it seems to have bothered your friends. As to table clean up we do 3 cleanings a night : after dinner , after the toast and at 9:30 we always do dessert plates. I”m very sorry your guests took this in a bad way ? as we do this schedule for every single wedding we do and luckily have never had a complaint before. You guys were adorable... I don't remember any feelings in any negative way towards you at all ? 1/3 of all our weddings are done on a Sunday, so we LOVE Sunday weddings. As to the Burlap , it was so stunning on the alter I asked Paul to ask for the burlap, we completely understood it was your florist. As to the decor , yes we have made some changes and are very heart sick that you were not happy with some of them. Most of our brides follow us on Facebook as we post updates to the venue each week - so we assumed every one knew of the changes. We had so many compliments from your guests on what a beautiful job you did and how nice it all looked. Again you were a very sweet couple and we were glad to have you and will make some changes to the way we handle stuff going forward. Thank you for letting us know :))