Ron Ruth Wedding Entertainment Reviews

88 | Blue Springs, MO

88 Reviews for Ron Ruth Wedding Entertainment

Sam · Married on 03/10/2018

Ron is amazing. When it comes to weddings, everyone knows the stresses that come along with the planning. Ron goes above and beyond what a DJ should and makes sure that everything runs smoothly and everyone enjoys their time. All of our guests said they enjoyed all of the special entertainment that Ron set up for us. Ron even coordinates with other companies responsible for parts of the wedding, like the venue, flower, etc. and makes sure that everything is in line. I would 100% recommend Ron to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Chris · Married on 05/20/2017

To daub ron Ruth was an amazing officiant is an understatement!! We initially started working with him to DJ our reception but when he started the process of getting to know us as a couple, I realized how above and beyond he was going to get to really understand who we were. So I (half-jokingly) asked him if he'd just go ahead and officiate for us too. I was floored when he agreed and it turned out to be one of the very best decisions we made for our wedding!
    But the story dives deeper still. Two months before our wedding date and only a week before our vacation to Colorado, we spontaneously decided to scrap the traditional wedding and elope in the mountains while we were there instead. I wasn't sure we could pull it off but I called Ron and asked if he would be willing to fly out the next week and marry us there instead! He so graciously agreed and we are so blessed that he was willing to hop a jet plane on a moments notice. And the ceremony was soooo incredibly special all thanks to him. He used all the stuff we told him to create something so personal and unique to us. And even recorded it all for us to boot!!
    Until that, I honestly didn't know how important the right officiant was and what an incredible impact they could make on our day! I seriously wouldn't have done it any other way! I just can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Marnee · Married on 11/19/2016

Our daughter's wedding could not have gone any better, and it is no doubt because of Ron. We had a great experience with Ron, the organization and professionalism was more than we expected. Ron helped make the process less painful and stressful than we thought it could be. Ron provided guidance and suggestions, but was willing to take our ideas and improve on them. I would recommend Ron to any couple (or parents) planning a wedding without hesitation. Ron made the wedding so much fun and since we knew he had it under control, we could relax and enjoy it too. Ron went above and beyond in every facet, making this night one we could all cherish.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Courtney · Married on 11/18/2016

Our wedding night could not have gone any better, and it is no doubt because of Ron. Our experience with Ron, was more than I ever could have ever imagined. I went into this wedding planning process without having been to a wedding in years and had no idea what I wanted to do. Ron not only helped make the process easier and less stressful, but he took my ideas and made them even better than i thought possible! I would recommend Ron to any couple planning their wedding with no doubts. Ron made our big night so much fun, entertaining, and as stress free as possible. Ron went above and beyond Austin and I's expectations and we will never be able to thank him enough for his patience, compassion, and genuine interest for making our wedding one for the books.

Sent on 12/10/2016

Ted · Married on 11/05/2016

Ron was fantastic! We had so many guests, many of whom were ministers with lots of experience, who said, "I've never had so much fun at a wedding...every detail of your reception was so well planned!" Ron spent a great deal of time up front to get to know us and make a tailor-made experience that was memorable, fun, and hassle free. He is amazing!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Liz · Married on 08/06/2016

Greg and I knew from the minute we met Ron that we would have an unforgettable evening of entertainment for our wedding. However, we had no idea just how unforgettable! Ron was absolutely amazing through the entire process, ranging from listening to our love story, helping us select the perfect music, and helping us entertain our very wide variety of guests. He did all of this on top of accommodating myself and my husband's completely opposite schedules! I've never been to a wedding in which everyone was on the dance floor the entire night, and that's exactly what happened at ours! We laughed, we cried, and we danced all night. It was an unforgettable party, and we are forever grateful at how special Ron and his associate made our night.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Jane · Married on 07/31/2016

We could not have chosen anyone better for our wedding entertainment. HIs creativity, guidance, recommedatiions, organization were invaluable. He kept us on tract with deadlines and tasks to complete that contributed to the success of the reception. I learned to trust his intuitions, ideas which were spot-on. He has a way of making you feel that you are special and your wedding/reception is the most important to him. He is professional, fun and knows how to engage the guests so everyone has a good time. I had so many compliments about our reception and how much fun it was thanks to Ron. Best money spent on our reception!

Sent on 08/30/2016

Ali · Married on 07/23/2016

We absolutely loved having Ron as our wedding DJ. He was professional from the very start, and we knew we could count on him to get the job done well. Then, on the day of our wedding, he absolutely blew us away with everything he did--the music was thoughtfully curated and all of the personal touches he added made our day even more special. We still have people complimenting us on how fun our reception was nearly 6 months later. My advice--book him! You won't regret it.

Sent on 12/16/2016

Jeanna · Married on 06/25/2016

Ron was an absolute pleasure to work with for our wedding! If you have any questions about what to do from the moment your first wedding party member is seated to the last dance, Ron is full of suggestions and ideas. He is also open to making your visions a dream come true! One thing my husband and I loved was how organized he was. At your first meet and greet with Ron he will give you an outline of what each of your meetings will consist of so there aren't any surprises. Closer to your wedding he will make a timeline of things you need to have done and when. It was great! If you are having any other vendors at your reception such as a photo booth, make sure you tell Ron to announce that it is there. Also, make sure your guests have time to utilize your other vendor. Our reception time was a little short (3 hours) for all the personal touches we added. Some of our guests told us later that they didn't get a chance to do the photo book because there wasn't time. Lesson learned!

My husband and I can't say enough good things about Ron. Ron is an advocate for you and your vision of your wedding. You will not be disappointed with choosing him as your wedding DJ.

Sent on 01/02/2017
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

We really wanted our reception to shine, and Ron and his team hands down delivered! From the first meeting until the last song played, he was truly there for us. He listened to everything we had to say, and genuinely wanted to know our story. By far our favorite part was our love story. I don't want to give anything away too much for anyone considering hiring him, but honestly I think I fell in love all over again. We were able to really think and relive how we met, and how the sparks just flew on that first kiss. Thank you Ron Ruth, for making our day THE BEST day of our lives!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Jylian · Married on 11/14/2015

Ron was great from the very start. When we initially met with him, he was extremely helpful, friendly and professional and we knew we wanted him to be our DJ. We were very impressed with his presentation and we could tell he was excited to help us make our night personal, memorable and fun for everybody. We had several meetings in preparation for the big day during which he got to know us and made a detailed schedule for the cocktail hour, dinner and dance. He listened to our ideas as well as providing many of his own. Our reception was a complete success; so many of our guests commented on how much fun they had. We loved his wedding party introductions, the Newlywed Game and of course our very own Love Story. He had people on the dance floor all night with his music selection, plus, he played all of the songs that we had requested earlier in the process. Ron was pleasant, friendly, funny, professional and we certainly received more than what I was expecting and even hoping for. I cannot say enough good things about Ron Ruth Wedding Entertainment. If you want the perfect reception, choose Ron Ruth.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Taryn · Married on 10/24/2015

My husband and I knew that one of the most important aspects to making our wedding special was going to be the the DJ/MC. We put in a lot of time doing research, asking friends, etc. and finally came across Ron. We knew after the first meeting with him, he was special. He was friendly, professional, organized, and not out to just make money off of our big day. He wanted to be PART of the day - and the whole process really. The music is only the beginning for him. He works with your venue, helps you with every step of the process, and can even substitute as a counselor when things get difficult (trust me, things will get difficult). This man cares about each and every one of his couples like they are family. Do yourself a favor and hire him - it will be one of the best decisions you make when planning your wedding.

Sent on 11/04/2015

Kimberly · Married on 10/11/2015

Ron was amazing! We really pulled the wedding together and made everything fun! Everyone said that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Ron is wonderful at his job and really made our day special!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Barbara · Married on 10/11/2015

Ron Ruth was incredible! From start to finish, the service provided by Ron exceeded all expectations. Even though Ron was the best dj/entertainer I could have hoped for, he literally was my whole wedding planner. Ron helped plan the wedding procession, kept us all on time for rehearsals and for the big day as well. It was literally in Ron's hands, which took all the worry off me (the mother of the bride) and my daughter as well. My daughter and son-in-law had the most memorable day they could ask for! Thanks Ron for everything! You are top notch! :)

Sent on 11/09/2015
  • Todd Schick & Susan Barnhart's Wedding

Susan · Married on 05/22/2015

We initially were told about Ron through our wedding photographers (Photo's Edge), and they mentioned how fantastic Ron was at each wedding he DJ'd that they were contracted. It was abundantly clear to us after our first initial meeting with Ron that he deserved the 5 star rating, as he was so thorough, unique, flexible and energetic that it was easy to see why anyone would book him for their special day. We met with Ron over the course of our planning several times, and each time we knew that he was prepping for what was going to a big part of our special day. He took so much time in asking us many thoughtful questions, to really get to know us as a couple, and discussing special introductions for each of our wedding party. His ideas were so original, and yet he was always open to any questions or suggestions we may have had-that we never felt we didn't have control to keep it personal.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Megan · Married on 10/12/2014

The first adjective that comes to mind is personal. Ron is not just a normal DJ that stands behind a booth and hits "play"; he invites and engages your guests to share in your unique love story. Ron is energetic, charismatic, and sure to spread smiles across the faces of all of your wedding guests. This is in full honesty; we received more compliments regarding Ron than any other vendor present at our wedding.

We knew from the moment we met Ron that we wanted his help in our celebration; his professionalism, ideas, and infectious energy made it an easy choice. He met with us multiple times to assure us that everything was great. He set our minds at ease, kept in touch via email and phone, and he made sure every detail was accounted for. Several of his emails, in fact, were just him "checking in" to make sure we were doing well. I even texted him the morning of the wedding to clarify a last minute detail, and he promptly responded, setting my mind at ease. During the rehearsal he was prompt, orderly, and efficient, putting all our worries to rest and helping everyone breathe a sigh of relief.

My husband and I recommend Ron wholeheartedly, and can honestly say that our wedding would not have been as special had he (and his assistant, Carrie) not been there. The saddest thing, other than our honeymoon and wedding being over, is that we won't have Ron as our Master of Ceremonies any longer...

Sent on 10/27/2014

Tana · Married on 10/11/2014

My son's fiancé stayed with us while planning their wedding. Her family lives in Okinawa; her dad is a Navy Chaplin, & my son is also in the Navy - stationed in VA. This is why I participated as she planned their wedding. I was a stand-in for her mom & most of her bridal party that traveled from half way around the world and different parts of the U.S. to attend this special event.

When we met Ron, we were extremely impressed with his open, friendly demeanor, his candid & humorous personality, & his sincerity about making each wedding he DJs the most memorable day for the new couple. His presentation was organized & his ideas were upbeat & uniquely original.

We were ecstatic after meeting Ron & knew her search for wedding entertainment was over. It would be Ron Ruth. He became a wedding planner of sorts for them & through several meetings, he had a complete agenda of how their reception would progress & be entertaining & fun for everyone. He was so phenomenal that we repeatedly received compliments throughout the night & the following week regarding what a great job he did keeping everyone engaged & entertained & the dance floor well occupied the entire evening.

He even assisted with microphones for the pastor & bridal couple during the ceremony since they had an outdoor ceremony & needed additional help that he very willing offered. He even attended their rehearsal to make sure everything was in order for the following day.

His preparation was flawless & he always had a smile on his face. He was patient yet quick on his feet to adlib when things didn't go as planned (i.e. the groom disappearing to the men's room right before the Mother/Son dance), & made me feel like this new acquaintance was someone I would be proud to call a friend.

His participation in my son's wedding played a huge part in making their day a day will always be remembered as one of the best days of their lives together.

Sent on 10/30/2014

April · Married on 10/04/2014

My wedding was just two days ago, and I am having a hard time putting into words how thankful we are for Ron. What a professional! Leading up to the wedding, Ron was so organized and responsive. He gave us a “to do” list and sent reminders along the way to make sure we were always on track. And when you have a million other things to think about, lists and reminders are a necessity! He made numerous trips to the venue to make sure that he knew the place inside and out, and coordinated with all of our other vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page for the day of. He was so on top of his game that, after the rehearsal, our entire wedding party thought that he actually worked for the venue!
    The day of was absolutely flawless! Ron had so many unique ideas, and our wedding was truly “our” wedding. It was something that no one there had ever experienced, and most likely never will again. Which is exactly what we wanted for our “once in a lifetime” day. Ron had the guests engaged from the moment they arrived, and paid close attention to them throughout the night to know what was working to keep them engaged, and what was losing them…and he adjusted accordingly. There were moments during the reception where there was not a dry eye in the room, and then there were also moments where there was not one person that wasn’t on the dance floor. We will cherish those memories for a lifetime! There were also several points throughout the night that Ron and his partner Carrie got out on the dance floor to show us how it was done! So fun!! All night and within the past couple of days, we’ve heard comments like, "Don’t tell [Insert name here], but your wedding was the best wedding I've ever been to!", “I wish that we would have had our wedding after yours so we could have stolen some of your ideas!”, "Who was the announcer guy? He was awesome! How did you find him!", “That was your DJ?! I thought he was a family member or something!”, and the list goes on.

Sent on 10/06/2014

Hannah · Married on 08/31/2014

My Mom and I first met Ron Ruth and his associate during their presentation at the "Love in Bloom" wedding event held at Powell Gardens, our wedding venue. He gave a very informative presentation on the “5 Fun & Easy Steps to WOW your guests at the wedding reception”. We heard ideas that we hadn’t read about, or seen on Pinterest, and were eagerly taking notes. I had originally thought that in terms of budget that a wedding DJ was very low on my list, and instead I was planning on having an IPod with someone manning it during the reception. Boy, was I glad we decided to go with Ron!
    After the presentation, I immediately wanted to share the ideas with my fiance (now groom), and showed him the youtube video of Ron giving these tips so he could see it for himself. They can be found at: https://www.youtube.com/user/ronruthweddingdj. The more I talked to my fiance and my Mom, we made the decision to use Ron. I liked this idea because he was more than a DJ; he was going to be the MC of the night, the wedding entertainer, the organizer of everything, and carry the reception (which, lets face it: is 90% of wedding event itself). Once I got into planning, and the stresses that come with that, I knew that after the ceremony we would have nothing to worry about, and we could depend on Ron. We even were able to get him to help with the ceremony, due to my husband being active duty military.
    With each encounter we had, from the initial meeting to the last, Ron was always extremely organized, prepared, professional, and a pleasure to work with. He was flexible with the fact my fiance was not present during the planning process (being across the country with military duties), and even used Skype for meeting and planning purposes.
    The wedding turned out to be a huge success, and I would say that having Ron truly made it an experience rather than simply an event. He created energy and excitement to an already joyous time, and I believe that was infectious to our guests.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Jamie · Married on 06/30/2014

Ron did our wedding on May 10th 2014. We couldn't of picked a better dj to do our wedding. He's very flexible; open to new ideas. Rons very easy to get ahold of if you have any questions which was very important to us. He will make your wedding experience unforgettable for you and your guest! He was the best decision we made for our wedding.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Amy · Married on 06/28/2014

My husband and I found Ron at a wedding show at Powell Gardens, and he was quickly available for a free meeting to talk with my parents. There was absolutely no pressure to work with him, but I am so glad we did. Ron went above and beyond. He helped us with our ceremony and made our reception truly memorable. We planned out to play the "shoe game" and his introductions of the wedding party were a hit.

Two days before the wedding I added a request to play a song from Frozen for my ring bearer and flower girl and Ron surprised us all with a group sing along! It was a hit!

If you are looking for more than just a DJ, Ron is perfect!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Katherine · Married on 05/31/2014

What a joy it was to work with Ron Ruth! He was professional, easy to work with, and always organized. He brought such a unique atmosphere to our reception that no other entertainment coordinator could have. From the moment we met him Ron made us feel comfortable and excited! We felt like we could always trust him to be on top of the details. At our reception the stand out moments included the fun introductions of our wedding party, the telling of our love story by Ron (which he made so personal and engaging for everyone), and the overall direction of the reception! Our reception ran very smoothly thanks to Ron. The telling of our love story was something only Ron could have made that special. He told the story and inserted voice overs of my husband and I chiming in. Our friends and family loved hearing it! Ron has such great insight and he is truly the person you want handling your reception! We did not have to worry about a thing. He was simply fun to work with and he is THE best in KC!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 12/14/2013

Ron Ruth was right there ready to help from the first email sent. We met soon after around my schedule, which is comforting when trying to plan a wedding. When I hired Ron, I thought I'd just be getting a DJ to play music at my reception. He is so much more! He's like a wedding planner, DJ, coordinator, and support system all rolled into one. He was always checking in on me to make sure things were going smoothly and when I had trouble, he stepped in to help. He makes you feel like you're not all by yourself in the planning process, which can be a huge weight off your shoulders. I am a very detail oriented person and he thought of things that even I didn't! The day of the wedding, I wasn't worried at all. I knew he'd take care of everything and it would go off without a hitch. Guests raved about his work and I would recommend him to anyone planning a wedding or event in the Kansas City area!

Sent on 02/03/2014

Cari · Married on 11/09/2013

We are so happy we chose Ron for our wedding. He had so many fun ideas that made our reception a night that we'll always remember. We've gotten comments from people that it was the best wedding reception they've ever attended.

Sent on 12/30/2013

Emery · Married on 10/19/2013

Ron made our wedding truly magical! He was incredibly helpful not only with the DJing but with the entire planning process! He made our wedding unique!

Sent on 12/23/2013