Ron Michaels Weddings Reviews

102 | Fort Collins, CO

102 Reviews for Ron Michaels Weddings

1 User photo

Sara · Married on 06/29/2013

Ron was excellent to work with! He helped us with more than just our music. He had great suggestions for the ceremony and reception and was there at our rehearsal. He was always very responsive to all our questions and easy to get a hold of. The best part for us was not having to provide a play list! Ron masterfully picked out music that got our guests dancing and kept them dancing. Everyone had a great time. We highly recommend Ron!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Christina · Married on 06/01/2013

Ron Michaels is absolutely outstanding! He is a joy to work with and is so much more than a "wedding DJ." He truly cares about you, your wedding, and what you want. He was open to all our ideas and gave us his professional opinion on what works and what doesn't. Then at the wedding he kept our reception moving and we didn't have to worry about anything. Also, since we had a day wedding we know that people aren't as likely to dance, but he did a great job at keeping people on the dance floor! We are so happy that we decided to hire Ron!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Molly · Married on 05/26/2013

Ron was amazing! He set such an amazing flow for the wedding everything went together seamlessly! We did not give him a playlist and let him choose all the songs and people were on the floor all night dancing! He was so helpful throughout the entire wedding process, he was easy to work with and accommodating to the fact we were planning a wedding from out of state. If there were more events in life that required a DJ he would be my first choice. Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Sara · Married on 03/09/2013

Ron is the best!!!! Our wedding reception went flawlessly thanks to him. He really is so much more than "just the DJ", and you can't get someone of his quality for ANY better value. He was so quick to respond to all my emails and questions, and provided us with song lists to help everyone choose songs for their dances. I honestly can say that he was responsible for getting rid of my pre-wedding anxiety - he made me feel confident that he was in control of the entire reception timeline and that we would be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy our day together without worrying about if things were on time or not. The music was the perfect mix, he had our families out on the dance floor the first half of the night, and then closed it with music that kept our rowdier crowd on the dance floor until the end. We were very impressed with Ron, and have nothing but the highest recommendations for him!

Sent on 03/18/2013
  • Jeanette

Jeanette · Married on 10/14/2012

Amazing dj. We had so much fun with him and we enjoyed it so much. thanks for being so great ron. We loved having you

Jeanette and Craig

Sent on 10/18/2012

We were very happy with our choice to use Ron as our DJ for our wedding. He was very thorough in the weeks leading up to the wedding and in all honestly you didn't really notice him, you noticed the music and all of the guests having a great time. He took our must plays and do not plays into consideration but was able to get a feel for what brought people out onto the dance floor and kept the momentum going. I would definitely recommend him,

Sent on 06/10/2014

Deanna · Married on 10/06/2012

My husband and I were quite picky about the music and the DJ, but Ron did amazing. He really understood what we wanted and made it happen. Thanks so much Ron for making our day so special.
    Deanna and Bryan Caley

Sent on 10/25/2012

Jessie · Married on 09/14/2012

Ron was recently our wedding DJ, and we couldn't have been more pleased. Ron is an honest, professional guy. He did a great job keeping our guests entertained and involved without being loud and obnoxious. He not only played great tunes, but made sure that every other part of the reception went perfectly, from toasts, to the cake cutting, to the dance. . He was sensitive to family issues, our wishes, and the flow of the evening was perfect!!! Thanks Ron!!

Sent on 09/29/2012

Bethany · Married on 08/24/2012

We were very pleased with Ron's services!! The reception was a blast and Ron made the evening go flawlessly for us. Thank you Ron!

Bret and Bethany

Sent on 09/09/2012

Bethany · Married on 08/24/2012

I really enjoyed working with Ron. He is a professional DJ and Master of Ceremonies that will give your wedding an extra step of class. He will work with you on exactly what you want! He had a lot of great ideas especially since this was an area where I knew what I didn't want, but wasn't sure on what all I did want. Ron did a couple meetings and by the end I felt really comfortable with the order of our reception and what was going to take place. Ron let's the guests know what's going to come next and so many of our guests commented to us on how much they enjoyed knowing what was coming up. I think it really puts people at ease throughout the evening. Ron's services were also very affordable I would highly recommend using him as your DJ and Master of Ceremonies.

Sincerely,
    Bethany

Sent on 08/19/2013

Ron did the music at our ceremony and the reception. Our guests commented on how well our wedding flowed. I attribute that to Ron. He got people on the dance floor. He made excellent music selections and appealed to our guests. I did not have to worry about that part of our wonderful day!

Sent on 08/19/2012

Shirley · Married on 08/04/2012

Mr. Michaels was the DJ for my daughter's wedding and he was excellent! It was an outdoor wedding at Estes Park and he was present for the rehearsal to show us where the speakers would be located and how they would be out of view. He suggested music for the reception and played music that my daughter and fiance requested. The combination had those in attendance up and dancing, even though the room was extremely hot. He kept things moving in a timely fashion and everyone seemed to have a good time. He was an asset and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Nicole · Married on 07/28/2012

Working with Ron made our wedding day so special and stress-free. He was so much more than just a DJ. Not only did he provide advise to us throughout our whole planning process, he really helped to orchestrate the entire day to make everything really flow together. He was incredible to work with and always very prompt with returned calls and emails. Our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the music and how fun the entire night was!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Jessica · Married on 07/20/2012

Ron Michaels was wonderful! He was professional and friendly every time I spoke with him. He was easy to communicate with both in person, by email, or by phone. I do not have one complaint about him or his services! I had people at my wedding say that it was the best wedding dance they had ever been to and almost everyone was up and out of their seats by the end of the night. This was all thanks t Ron Michaels and his ability to read the crowd and play music that the guests will respond to. During the reception he was extremely helpful in informing us about timing of events, so that I never had to worry about what was next or where I needed to be when. I was able to relax and completely have fun, trusting that Ron would inform me if something needed to happen! Anyway, he was great and I highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Kelli · Married on 06/30/2012

Ron is very professional and easy to work with! His attention to detail and experience in the industry are invaluable. He gave us lots of information prior to our event that helped us prepare. He knows his job well and it shows. I would highly recommend him if you are considering a DJ for your next event or wedding!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Victoria · Married on 06/08/2012

Our wedding was actually on June 8, 2012. Obviously I'm very tardy on providing this fabulous feedback, as over a year has passed and we've already celebrated our 1st year anniversary!

I did want to say that Ron really made our wedding special. He was very flexible, personable and a great DJ. I surprised my husband by singing my vows, and on cue Ron helped me pull it off beautifully. We wanted a mix of danceable Contemporary Christian and pop/disco/rock music. Ron took the Christian songs we gave him and created a great line up of songs that had everyone up dancing...even non-believers danced to the Christian songs! How cool is that? Ron saved a special Christian song for the last dance, "Revelation Song". He didn't know that that song was our favorite one. It was a surprise which ended an incredible wedding in an incredible way. Thank you Ron for being part of our special day. Tom and Victoria

Sent on 07/08/2013

Chris · Married on 06/02/2012

Ron did an excellent job at our reception. Wih 3 generations of guest,he was able to read the crowd and keep everyone on the dance floor with the right combination of music. He also did an excellent job mc'ing the activities and keeping the evening moving with fun for all. I would definitely recommend Ron to all of my friends and family.

Sent on 06/10/2012

Chelsea · Married on 05/27/2012

Ron should actually be more like 5+++/5 because he greatly exceeded every expectation we had for a DJ. What we didn't realize when we were planning our wedding was that the DJ makes or breaks your reception. If they don't keep the crowd entertained then everyone leaves. Ron was AWESOME at our wedding. We never once had an empty dance floor and Ron suggested some really fun games. He always kept the crowd involved and entertained and played great music. We had arranged 2 shuttle times but noone wanted to leave on the first shuttle because he made the reception so fun!
    He was always very professional and punctual with our meetings and wedding rehearsal. He was even at our wedding site the day of the wedding before I (the bride) was!! He's very organized and dependable. He is a little more expensive than other DJs that we looked at but I promise you, he was worth every penny and then some. If you want to have a fun reception don't skimp on your DJ. We have been to 2 weddings since our own and have been sorely disappointed with the DJs. Ron sets the standard high and I promise you won't be disappointed with him.

Sent on 07/18/2012

Autumn · Married on 12/17/2011

Seriously hire this man! EVERYONE at my wedding raved about Ron! We all know THAT wedding DJ that makes awkward shout outs, can't seem to get the music right for the crowd, and tries to be "one of the guys" during the party....that is not Ron Michaels! He was professional, courteous, read the crowd exceptionally well (people were always dancing!), and was responsible for smooth transitions between reception events (toasts, cake, dances, etc...). I have to admit I was nervous about DJs (since I have been to many a wedding with THAT Dj...), but Ron went above and beyond my expectations. He takes his job very seriously and it means a lot to him to help make your day as special as it can be. Ron also attended our rehearsal to meet with toast givers and let them know when to expect the toasting part of the evening.

We hired Ron for our ceremony as well, which worked fantastic. I wanted to plan a stress free wedding. Ron, as one of my vendors made it just that. Your music provider is arguably the most important part of your reception entertainment. I 100% recommend Ron to help make your night everything you hoped it would be. :)

Sent on 01/09/2012

Sara · Married on 09/08/2011

Ron Michaels is very professional and even came to our rehearsal to get to know our families. He has been in the business longer than his competitors and did exactly as we asked. We didn't have to tell him twice. Very polite and matches his tie color to your theme color. Cute!

Sent on 10/05/2011

Dana · Married on 10/09/2010

DJ Ron was fantastic! He took a lot of time getting to know us as a couple and what we like. We only had a few must play songs, and he took care of everything else. He was there early to set up, so I didn't have to worry. We got so many compliments from guests on what a great DJ he is. His song selections were amazing...he knows how to read a crowd. The dancing did not stop all night. DJ Ron is the only full time DJ in Northern CO and it shows. I highly recommend him to anyone considering hiring a DJ for any event. He deserves more than a 5 star rating :)

Sent on 10/26/2010

Mollie · Married on 05/22/2010

Ron did a fantastic job at our wedding. He really took the time to learn about us before the ceremony and it definitely showed in the music... Everyone had such a wonderful time dancing and laughing because he is able to work with the crowd to see what they are enjoying. He also made sure that the reception timeline was seamless. The night was a great success. Thanks Ron!!!!!

Sent on 06/05/2010
  • Estes Bride

Brenda · Married on 10/05/2008

Our Reception was just a great time. We had dancing, music, etc, but Ron added so much else! We had a "compatibility test game" for the bride and groom and a toilet paper game too, all of the guests were laughing the whole rest of the night. We had a couple of meetings to get to know Ron and for him to get to know us, months ahead. We didn't have to come up with a laundry list of songs, we just gave him some ideas, must plays and not to plays and he did his work! He also set up another set-up for the ceremony, music, mics, etc, it was great. He had everythin flow through out the entire evening, no stress and a wonderful time!

Sent on 11/09/2008

Beth · Married on 10/15/2017

Ron was fortunately able to DJ for my wedding when I contacted him just two or three months before the big day. He offers a package where he's more than just a DJ which was really appealing to us. He's a great master of ceremony with a high sense of professionalism and receptivity to his audience. Almost everyone at our wedding was up and dancing and having loads of fun! He really listened to what we wanted, and was able to take the initiative when we weren't sure what we wanted. It's really great how he takes care of the whole reception by making sure everyone giving a toast is well prepared and keeps everything to the schedule. Our ceremony started late, but he adjusted very quickly and kept everything running smoothly. I highly recommend Ron to anyone looking for a DJ who goes above and beyond!! He's truly willing to work with you, for you. He's a bit expensive, but he seemed to be as flexible as he could be in making the price work for us. For everything that he does, in the wedding world, it's probably a fair price. The price was worth it for peace of mind since we didn't have a wedding planner.

Sent on 11/04/2017

Ron Michaels Weddings's reply:

Thanks Beth! Best wishes to you & Alex!

Anne · Married on 07/14/2012

Ron was the DJ for my brother's wedding 4 years ago and did a great job. This made it very easy to choose the DJ for our wedding! Ron is not the least expensive DJ out there, but he is one of the best I've ever seen. You really do get what you pay for! Ron is on the microphone when he needs to be and is playing great music the rest of the time. He ran the entire reception smoothly from introductions, seating the guests, releasing tables for the buffet, toasts, cake cutting, first dance, father/daughter dance and open dancing. He advised me at the beginning not to hire a wedding planner because he would take care of the reception. (It is helpful to have a friend or relative be a day of coordinator at the wedding ceremony if Ron is only doing music at your reception.) When people would ask me something regarding the details, I would send them to Ron. He even called the caterer and worked out the reception schedule with her so she knew when to serve champagne and cut cake. Ron did not have an event Friday before the wedding, so he stopped by the rehearsal to introduce himself to the wedding party and families and made sure everyone was ready for their toasts the following day. Ron is a great asset to help make your wedding day perfect and stress free!

Sent on 07/31/2012