Ron Michaels Weddings Reviews

91 | Fort Collins, CO

91 Reviews for Ron Michaels Weddings

Shirley · Married on 08/04/2012

Mr. Michaels was the DJ for my daughter's wedding and he was excellent! It was an outdoor wedding at Estes Park and he was present for the rehearsal to show us where the speakers would be located and how they would be out of view. He suggested music for the reception and played music that my daughter and fiance requested. The combination had those in attendance up and dancing, even though the room was extremely hot. He kept things moving in a timely fashion and everyone seemed to have a good time. He was an asset and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Nicole · Married on 07/28/2012

Working with Ron made our wedding day so special and stress-free. He was so much more than just a DJ. Not only did he provide advise to us throughout our whole planning process, he really helped to orchestrate the entire day to make everything really flow together. He was incredible to work with and always very prompt with returned calls and emails. Our guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the music and how fun the entire night was!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Jessica · Married on 07/20/2012

Ron Michaels was wonderful! He was professional and friendly every time I spoke with him. He was easy to communicate with both in person, by email, or by phone. I do not have one complaint about him or his services! I had people at my wedding say that it was the best wedding dance they had ever been to and almost everyone was up and out of their seats by the end of the night. This was all thanks t Ron Michaels and his ability to read the crowd and play music that the guests will respond to. During the reception he was extremely helpful in informing us about timing of events, so that I never had to worry about what was next or where I needed to be when. I was able to relax and completely have fun, trusting that Ron would inform me if something needed to happen! Anyway, he was great and I highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Kelli · Married on 06/30/2012

Ron is very professional and easy to work with! His attention to detail and experience in the industry are invaluable. He gave us lots of information prior to our event that helped us prepare. He knows his job well and it shows. I would highly recommend him if you are considering a DJ for your next event or wedding!

Sent on 07/16/2012

Victoria · Married on 06/08/2012

Our wedding was actually on June 8, 2012. Obviously I'm very tardy on providing this fabulous feedback, as over a year has passed and we've already celebrated our 1st year anniversary!

I did want to say that Ron really made our wedding special. He was very flexible, personable and a great DJ. I surprised my husband by singing my vows, and on cue Ron helped me pull it off beautifully. We wanted a mix of danceable Contemporary Christian and pop/disco/rock music. Ron took the Christian songs we gave him and created a great line up of songs that had everyone up dancing...even non-believers danced to the Christian songs! How cool is that? Ron saved a special Christian song for the last dance, "Revelation Song". He didn't know that that song was our favorite one. It was a surprise which ended an incredible wedding in an incredible way. Thank you Ron for being part of our special day. Tom and Victoria

Sent on 07/08/2013

Chris · Married on 06/02/2012

Ron did an excellent job at our reception. Wih 3 generations of guest,he was able to read the crowd and keep everyone on the dance floor with the right combination of music. He also did an excellent job mc'ing the activities and keeping the evening moving with fun for all. I would definitely recommend Ron to all of my friends and family.

Sent on 06/10/2012

Chelsea · Married on 05/27/2012

Ron should actually be more like 5+++/5 because he greatly exceeded every expectation we had for a DJ. What we didn't realize when we were planning our wedding was that the DJ makes or breaks your reception. If they don't keep the crowd entertained then everyone leaves. Ron was AWESOME at our wedding. We never once had an empty dance floor and Ron suggested some really fun games. He always kept the crowd involved and entertained and played great music. We had arranged 2 shuttle times but noone wanted to leave on the first shuttle because he made the reception so fun!
    He was always very professional and punctual with our meetings and wedding rehearsal. He was even at our wedding site the day of the wedding before I (the bride) was!! He's very organized and dependable. He is a little more expensive than other DJs that we looked at but I promise you, he was worth every penny and then some. If you want to have a fun reception don't skimp on your DJ. We have been to 2 weddings since our own and have been sorely disappointed with the DJs. Ron sets the standard high and I promise you won't be disappointed with him.

Sent on 07/18/2012

Autumn · Married on 12/17/2011

Seriously hire this man! EVERYONE at my wedding raved about Ron! We all know THAT wedding DJ that makes awkward shout outs, can't seem to get the music right for the crowd, and tries to be "one of the guys" during the party....that is not Ron Michaels! He was professional, courteous, read the crowd exceptionally well (people were always dancing!), and was responsible for smooth transitions between reception events (toasts, cake, dances, etc...). I have to admit I was nervous about DJs (since I have been to many a wedding with THAT Dj...), but Ron went above and beyond my expectations. He takes his job very seriously and it means a lot to him to help make your day as special as it can be. Ron also attended our rehearsal to meet with toast givers and let them know when to expect the toasting part of the evening.

We hired Ron for our ceremony as well, which worked fantastic. I wanted to plan a stress free wedding. Ron, as one of my vendors made it just that. Your music provider is arguably the most important part of your reception entertainment. I 100% recommend Ron to help make your night everything you hoped it would be. :)

Sent on 01/09/2012

Sara · Married on 09/08/2011

Ron Michaels is very professional and even came to our rehearsal to get to know our families. He has been in the business longer than his competitors and did exactly as we asked. We didn't have to tell him twice. Very polite and matches his tie color to your theme color. Cute!

Sent on 10/05/2011

dana · Married on 10/09/2010

DJ Ron was fantastic! He took a lot of time getting to know us as a couple and what we like. We only had a few must play songs, and he took care of everything else. He was there early to set up, so I didn't have to worry. We got so many compliments from guests on what a great DJ he is. His song selections were amazing...he knows how to read a crowd. The dancing did not stop all night. DJ Ron is the only full time DJ in Northern CO and it shows. I highly recommend him to anyone considering hiring a DJ for any event. He deserves more than a 5 star rating :)

Sent on 10/26/2010

mollie · Married on 05/22/2010

Ron did a fantastic job at our wedding. He really took the time to learn about us before the ceremony and it definitely showed in the music... Everyone had such a wonderful time dancing and laughing because he is able to work with the crowd to see what they are enjoying. He also made sure that the reception timeline was seamless. The night was a great success. Thanks Ron!!!!!

Sent on 06/05/2010
  • Estes Bride

Brenda · Married on 10/05/2008

Our Reception was just a great time. We had dancing, music, etc, but Ron added so much else! We had a "compatibility test game" for the bride and groom and a toilet paper game too, all of the guests were laughing the whole rest of the night. We had a couple of meetings to get to know Ron and for him to get to know us, months ahead. We didn't have to come up with a laundry list of songs, we just gave him some ideas, must plays and not to plays and he did his work! He also set up another set-up for the ceremony, music, mics, etc, it was great. He had everythin flow through out the entire evening, no stress and a wonderful time!

Sent on 11/09/2008

Beth · Married on 10/15/2017

Ron was fortunately able to DJ for my wedding when I contacted him just two or three months before the big day. He offers a package where he's more than just a DJ which was really appealing to us. He's a great master of ceremony with a high sense of professionalism and receptivity to his audience. Almost everyone at our wedding was up and dancing and having loads of fun! He really listened to what we wanted, and was able to take the initiative when we weren't sure what we wanted. It's really great how he takes care of the whole reception by making sure everyone giving a toast is well prepared and keeps everything to the schedule. Our ceremony started late, but he adjusted very quickly and kept everything running smoothly. I highly recommend Ron to anyone looking for a DJ who goes above and beyond!! He's truly willing to work with you, for you. He's a bit expensive, but he seemed to be as flexible as he could be in making the price work for us. For everything that he does, in the wedding world, it's probably a fair price. The price was worth it for peace of mind since we didn't have a wedding planner.

Sent on 11/04/2017

Ron Michaels Weddings's reply:

Thanks Beth! Best wishes to you & Alex!

Anne · Married on 07/14/2012

Ron was the DJ for my brother's wedding 4 years ago and did a great job. This made it very easy to choose the DJ for our wedding! Ron is not the least expensive DJ out there, but he is one of the best I've ever seen. You really do get what you pay for! Ron is on the microphone when he needs to be and is playing great music the rest of the time. He ran the entire reception smoothly from introductions, seating the guests, releasing tables for the buffet, toasts, cake cutting, first dance, father/daughter dance and open dancing. He advised me at the beginning not to hire a wedding planner because he would take care of the reception. (It is helpful to have a friend or relative be a day of coordinator at the wedding ceremony if Ron is only doing music at your reception.) When people would ask me something regarding the details, I would send them to Ron. He even called the caterer and worked out the reception schedule with her so she knew when to serve champagne and cut cake. Ron did not have an event Friday before the wedding, so he stopped by the rehearsal to introduce himself to the wedding party and families and made sure everyone was ready for their toasts the following day. Ron is a great asset to help make your wedding day perfect and stress free!

Sent on 07/31/2012

Travis · Married on 05/31/2012

Ron Michael's MC services were hands down, the best wedding DJ services my new bride and I could have asked for. From our very first meeting to our final goodbyes, Ron was professional and extremely friendly. His music choices and MC talents perfectly matched the wedding atmosphere we were hoping for during our planning. This was especially impressive because my wife and I planned our wedding from Virginia, and the wedding was in Colorado. Quick email responses and video conferencing sure helped in planning and logistics. Thank you so much Ron for making our special day relaxing and extremely fun.

Sent on 06/24/2012

Kelly · Married on 10/18/2014

3.0

Ron is very professional and you can tell that he knows what he is doing. He was great with communication and helped plan the flow of the wedding which was nice because I had no clue what to do. I love music and I had a list of songs that I really wanted to hear at my wedding, but Ron insisted no long lists because he reassured us that he would play the music we wanted. So my husband and I had our full trust into him. Well, in the end I was just a little disappointed because he seemed to me to be just a typical wedding DJ. He play the electric slide (twice in one night, who does that?), the cupid shuffle and the other one back to back. When it came to the first dance, he started playing the song and my husband wasnt even in the room making me feel like an idiot because I was standing in the middle of the room by myself. The songs he choose was from the 90's which brought me back to my high school homecoming dances. Which there was some good songs, but I was looking for more of the new songs like Stay With Me, and Suit and Tie by Justin Timerblake, Lorde, Iggy Azalea, Rather Be by Clean Bandit (wanted to hear sooo bad) there is just sooooo many better songs out there than Low by Flo Rida. Now everytime I hear these great new songs on the radio it makes me cringe because I should have heard them at my wedding. If only I broken the rules and made a giant play list, I would have been much happier. I like Ron and he is a great person, I just think that music needs to be updated a little bit.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Ron Michaels Weddings's reply:

Thanks Kelly for your honest feedback. With this being my first 4-Star review, I felt the need to respond and offer my thoughts. One of the reasons I discourage large song lists from my clients is because the best wedding receptions are those where the song selection comes from three sources equally: the bride and groom, the guest's input (requests), and songs that I feel will work based on my experience at weddings over the last 20+ years. I felt that we really accomplished that at your wedding as the dance floor was rocking almost the entire evening - all 6 1/2 hours of the reception. It was a great bunch of family and friends and I had a blast! Regarding the Electric Slide being played twice...your aunt insisted I do it as she kept coming up to me throughout the evening wanting it played again, and I had to give in....sorry :) . With all due respect, I would have loved to have known that you wanted those other current top 40 requests (listed above) played but you never came up and asked for them. On the e-mail I sent you the week before the wedding, I suggested that "if you feel I'm playing too much of something, or not enough of something else, or have a request of any kind - let me know". My apologies, but I never got those requests from you on wedding day. I do feel I played a good mix of music for everyone (I received dozens of requests from your guests and played as many as possible). On the "Must Play" list you gave me you wrote "60s, 70s, 80s classics, swing, today's hits, hip/hop, dance/club, reggae". This is a great mix of music you requested and I stuck to those genres most of the evening and mixed in your guest's requests. Thanks again for the feedback. I hope you guys had an awesome time in Cancun on your honeymoon. Best of luck to you and Jared.