Romeo and Juliet - Elegant weddings in Italy Reviews

Romeo and Juliet - Elegant weddings in Italy 3
Romeo and Juliet - Elegant weddings in Italy 4
Romeo and Juliet - Elegant weddings in Italy 5

Amy · Married on 07/05/2017

Marco from Romeo and Juliet weddings is just excellent at what he does. He made sure I was at ease throughout the whole planning process and he stayed throughout the reception to ensure myself and my guests were comfortable and eeverything ran smoothly. He ensured we all had a perfect day. I would highly recommend!!

Sent on 10/27/2017
  • Emma

Emma Scott · Married on 08/04/2019

3.0

Our perfect wedding day in Italy

My husband and I live in Scotland and we wanted to have a destination wedding, we googled wedding planners and Romeo and Juliet wedding planners appeared first on our search so we got in touch. Loretta from the company responded very promotly and before we knew it we were on a flight to Lake como to meet her to be shown about a few venues. We instantly fell in love with Villa Del Balbianello and started to plan our wedding day. I can't express enough how easy it has been. Loretta took care of everything! It was so stress free and I planned everything via email with Loretta. I only took one trip back out to look at flowers and have a make-up trial before the wedding. The wedding day was so smooth, everything was perfect! We had an absolute ball and our guests were in awe of the venue, food and scenery! I would recommend Romeo and Juliet wedding planners in a heartbeat to anyone looking to get married in Italy!

Romeo and Juliet - Elegant weddings in Italy 6
    Romeo and Juliet - Elegant weddings in Italy 7
    Romeo and Juliet - Elegant weddings in Italy 8
    Romeo and Juliet - Elegant weddings in Italy 9
    Sent on 08/06/2019

Jenny · Married on 02/23/2017

Reliable!!!! Our wedding planner Marco was so professional, warm and friendly. Working with a couple from Australia could have been difficult, but Marco spoke perfect English and truly understood our requirements. He was so patient with our many requests for recommendations which all turned out to be a perfect fit for us.
    Marco was detailed with our programme which was very reassuring. On the day, all went off perfectly. It was relaxing and truly Easy as Marco was there to coordinate music, photography, interpret etc. we would highly recommend Romeo and Juliet as they are really good at what they do, and really care about your special day.

Sent on 04/30/2017

Joanna · Married on 08/28/2015

We had an amazing Wedding In lake Orta Italy, thanks to Marco our wedding planner who was extremely helpful professional and helped us to plan a truly great unforgettable day... He was able to meet up with us to plan the event earlier in the year which he did in his own time to suit us which was great. I would highly recommend Romeo and Juliet and especially Marco as your planner.. Sometimes it would take a while to here back from e mails but we appreciated that we are not as laid back as the Italians and also what a busy time it is for them. Fantastic service

Sent on 05/11/2016

Laura · Married on 05/06/2015

3.0

Marco @ Romeo and Juliet was great to deal with.
    Our wedding in Italy was planned from the UK and Marco made it a very easy process.
    He gave advice and reassurance on the paperwork process and kept in contact via email regularly.
    It was nice to meet Marco on the day of the wedding when he came along to our hotel to confirm the final details.
    We were very happy with the service provided by Marco and recommend his services to anyone thinking of marrying in Lake Como - we couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 05/17/2015

Elleina · Married on 09/01/2015

We decided to have a small intimate wedding in Verona Italy and couldn't have been happy with all the support from Loretta at Romeo and Juliet.

The venues were beautiful, the restaurant and food was amazing and all of our guests had a truly wonderful day with us. Travelling all the way from Australia to Italy for our wedding was a big trip considering we weren't able to view the venues until we arrived.

But Loretta supplied us with plenty of information and pictures and everything was simple and easy when we got there. I would have to say that planning our wedding was fairly stress free due to all the help and assistance we had from our lovely wedding planner. If you are thinking of having a wedding in Italy I would highly recommend it and Romeo and Juliet weddings.

Thank you Loretta for making everything so easy and such a wonderful day.

Sent on 11/26/2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/28/2015

3.5

The wedding planner made our special day a lovely and beautiful experience. They were professional and gave helpful suggestions. It made having a destination wedding less stressful with their assistance.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/08/2016

3.6
      3.5

What can I say! We worked with Marco at Romeo and Juliet weddings from Australia and planned an intimate wedding in Tuscany.

He was a great help in making sure we had all the information we needed and sourcing all of our vendors for the day.

Advise for other couples planning a wedding from abroad, make sure you have enough time!! We had less than 12 months from start to finish and so was quite a whirlwind and unfortunately not everything went as planned.

Marco was a great help on the day and made sure everything went to plan, he really helped relieve that wedding day stress and we both had the most perfect day.

Thank you Marco!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Karen · Married on 08/05/2017

1.5
      2.5
      2.5

We would not recommend using Romeo & Juilet for multiple reasons, honestly felt like we had to manage our wedding planner, constantly chasing Loretta and having to provide her with lists of things to do and timings rather than the other way round. Friends of ours got married the weekend before, their planner was fabulous it was like night and day. Some reasons below as to why we would not recommend them.
    1. Constant chasing for answers
    2. We had to have quite a lot of things delivered to their office, this seemed like a complete inconvienence to them, our table plan remained uncollected until the day before the wedding when she informed us it had not arrived (it was sent 3 weeks prior) Nothing we had sent had been opend or checked.
    3. Wedding day 42 degrees week prior very high 30's not a fan or ac in site at the venue guests and wedding party were dying of heat, zero sugeestions from our planner on arranging for some fans etc. Personally I would have paid for large fans round the marque and on the dance floor.
    4. Not sure if this is typical for Italy but when negotiating for a DJ/sound system lights, microphones, sound systems not included but quotes dont state this it was only a week before when we were putting the final planning togther that we realised none of this was included in the DJ/sound package.

We are both very organised but believe this was a far more stressful and unenjoyable process than it should have been.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Romeo and Juliet - Elegant weddings in Italy's reply:

Thank you for your review and for your time.
    I have spent almost 15 years honing my skills as a destination wedding planner, working with couples of different languages, cultural backgrounds, age, religions, etc.
    I am highly flexible and strive to give couples exactly the event they want. We planned any single details together, we shared creative ideas, comments and I gave you suggestions. Your wedding day ran smoothly, all details taken care, exactly as agreed. I came early to supervise the set-up and stayed during the entire event. Your contract included my presence only but you were 140+ so a 2nd coordinator was present as a courtesy. Apparently you didn’t notice it.

Deliveries
    You wanted to send “some” wedding supplies and we received 10 big boxes. The inconvenience was about the time spent to trace and collect all the boxes. Wrong addresses, good to be picked at the courier depot etc. But in the end everything was at the venue. We never charged you time or the custom fees.
    Weather
    I emailed you that it was very hot and you flew into Como 4 days earlier. We met twice, but you never raised any concern about the heat. I would have explained that fans in a garden are almost useless and that the villa has A/C system that was working on the day.
    Music and lights
    In Dec I sent you a detailed offer for DJ and the sound system+mic for the ceremony.
    You agreed to these services in April. Lightning was a separate cost and agreed in May.
    I am happy to send you copy of these emails if you do not have them on file.

Replies
    Our goal is to reply with comprehensive and reliable answers. Sometimes it takes a while as we have to contact venues and vendors, which are busy (as we are) in high season. We always invite our couple to call us if they have any urgency.

I am sorry that I had to condense replies in 2000 characters. If you wish to discuss further, please feel free to contact me directly. I am always happy to hear from you.
    Loretta