Roman Studios Reviews

62 | Springfield, OR

62 Reviews for Roman Studios

Melissa · Married on 08/20/2011

Richard and Cristina Roman were fantastic to work with! Whenever I want professional photography done again there is no doubt that I would contact them! They were wonderful and their photography is absolutly beautiful!
    ~Melissa Stever

Sent on 10/03/2011

Allisha · Married on 06/19/2011

Roman Studios was by far the best choice for us. Talk about flexibility. We changed our minds a dozen times on where and when to get married and they stood behind us ready to go the whole way. They are extremely accommodating and gratious. Our 1 hour planning sessions would turn into hours of planning and fun conversation. I have never left a meeting with a vendor thinking, "I want to invite them over for a football game and Thanksgiving dinner!" until I met Richard and his lovely wife Christina. The quality of service is unbeatable. You won't go wrong with the Romans! We feel like we have the best photos for years of memories and have made some great friends in the process.

Sent on 08/15/2011

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/30/2011

Working with Richard and Cristina was one of the JOYS of our wedding. They went above and beyond our dreams for our wedding photography. We not only LOVE the beautiful pictures, but truly enjoyed our time with the two of them. You will spend most of your wedding day with your wedding party, your spouse and your photographer: so choose someone who is talented, knows how to handle any situation and who will make every moment more enjoyable.

Our photos capture all of the emotions of our wedding and show the details of our day so artistically. Roman Studios did an incredible job fine-tuning every picture: it's amazing how the lighting and editing seems to match the mood and feel of each moment. We are thrilled with the outcome!

My husband and I work with college students and thus go to a LOT of weddings: we have never seen any photographers who have been so in touch with what was going on in the wedding! Richard instinctively knew exactly where to be to capture every moment. With so many spontaneous moments in our wedding, Richard was one step ahead, making sure those moments became photos that we cherish! His experience puts him leaps and bounds ahead of other photographers: the family pictures were so efficient, our couple pictures look effortless and we never felt like we were missing our guests!

No other vendor we worked with did a better job of making our day perfect. Simply put, Roman Studios has our HIGHEST recommendation and our person gratitude.

Sent on 10/06/2011

Rena · Married on 03/12/2011

Our wedding was an amazing day and our photos turned out beautiful. Thank you so much for taking such cherished photos.

Sent on 08/13/2011
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 02/12/2011

I was very pleased with Richard. He was friendly and the pictures are amazing! He photographed my moms wedding and we loved his work so much I wanted him
    For mine!

Sent on 03/29/2011

Amy · Married on 08/07/2010

Richard and his wife Cristina were very nice to work with. Our wedding pictures turned out Amazing! Richard really goes the extra mile to get a great shot! I highly recommend Roman Studios to anyone seeking a professional photographer. He is the Best!!

Sent on 03/08/2011

Stacey · Married on 07/31/2010

Richard and his wife Cristina, did such an amazing job at our July wedding. Our engagement and wedding pictures turned out better than we could of ever asked for! They both work so well together, and are such a joy to work with! Our guests are still commenting, on how hard they worked to capture these images at our wedding. They are not only exceptional photographers, but such nice people as well. My husband and I are not the most photogenic, but they sure know how to make you feel comfortable in front of a camera. We would recommend Richard and Cristina to anyone who is looking for a great photographer. You can't go wrong with them! We hope to continue to work with them down the road.....!!!

Sent on 10/04/2010

LeAnn · Married on 07/31/2010

Richard & Cristina Roman are amazing!

They made our engagement photo shoot, time up to the wedding, rehersal night, and our Big Day run so smoothly! They are not only amazing at photography, they are passionate, kind hearted, creative, talented, and kept us calm.
    We are so thankful they we chose them to take our wedding pictures. They take ownership and make you feel comfortable every step of the way.....and it's FUN! :-)
    I would highly reccomend them to photograph your wedding or any other event!

Thank you Richard & Cristina!

Sent on 09/05/2013

Nancy · Married on 07/11/2010

As an older couple we found Richard and Cristina to be both understanding and supportive of our unique situation. They were very unobtrusive taking pictures during our wedding ceremony. At the reception, they took wonderful family and candid pictures. They were very patient and gave clear directions to the children. Their pictures are artistic and creative. They were extremely professional. We are totally satisfied with our pictures and highly recommend Roman Studios.

Sent on 10/01/2010

Lisa · Married on 07/10/2010

Richard and Chrissy were absolutely amazing! After shopping the market we quickly realized you get what you pay for and Roman Photography reflects a quality beyond others while still being competitively priced. Their passion for the work is reflected in the photographs they take. Hands down I would happily refer Roman Photography to any friend, family or stranger. I never realized how much fun I could have getting my picture taken until our wedding day. They are wonderful!!

Sent on 10/06/2010

Lindsey · Married on 06/05/2010

Richard Roman really captured to magic of our wedding, he took very nice artistic shots before the wedding and during the ceremony and reception really did a wonderful job capturing the big day! Richard not only shot my wedding but also my sisters wedding the year before so we knew we were working with a pro!

Sent on 09/08/2010

Stephanie · Married on 06/21/2009

At our first meeting with Richard at Richard Roman Photography we mentioned our dream wedding was for it to be a fun, enjoyable, and memorable experience. I very truly believe that Richard made that happen!

I found Richard online, and at the time we were living 2000 miles away, so from the very beginning he helped us with the planning process. Although we were unsure because of the price, when we finally met with him we knew he was going to be worth every penny; and he sure didn't let us down. Our engagement session was so much fun, and the pictures turned out amazing, and now we can't wait to see our wedding pictures.

Our wedding day was super cold and rainy, so our plans to have the ceremony at the gazebo changed at the last minute to having both the ceremony and reception under the covered area. Richard, and Rick with Bass is Loaded DJ (also very highly recommended,) worked together with the other vendors to make this happen. Richard was then able to capture all of our special moments from the beginning to the end. Many of those moments were presented on the synergy media slideshow for all of the guests to see at the end of the reception. This was absolutely amazing, and everyone loved it!

From the beginning we were running around frantic, and far behind schedule. Then everyone was put in a very tight space, so I have no idea how Richard managed to make our wedding so perfect, but nevertheless, he did, and we can't thank him enough!

Sent on 06/28/2009

Savannah · Married on 05/23/2009

We can't begin to emphasize how happy we are with Richard and Christina. We ordered the Platinum Package, which includes Synergy (which we highly highly recommend and was loved by all of our guests) with Rick from Bass is Loaded. Richard was wonderful in guiding us along this process, extremely responsive, and has an incredible eye for detail.

We saw Richard and Christina at the Bridal Show in Eugene. Their display was beautiful and the portraits were incredible. We wanted a versatile photographer who could photograph everyone 'in the moment' as well as portrait-style when needed. Richard was able to accomplish this effortlessly.

We met with Richard several times before our wedding. The coordination was great (he attended our rehersal, coordinated with our DJ, and provided great tips) and made our life even more stress-free. On our wedding day, and per our request, Richard met the guys at the venue and his wife Christina took photos as I was getting ready at my moms. It was like having extended family there, they were both incredibly helpful, fun to be around, professional, and patient. Richard attended the entire ceremony and reception. I should also note that our guests were just as impressed (which was important to us).

Our photos were posted online within a couple of weeks and were so impressed. They were exactly what we hoped and provided a great story of our wedding day. My husband and I are 100% satisfied and highly recommend Richard Roman Photography.

Savannah and Brian

Sent on 10/25/2009

Jenna · Married on 05/09/2009

Over the years, the feedback I received from friends who had gotten married was to make sure to invest in photography - that, at the end of the day, it will all be worth whatever money you spent. And - just over two weeks after we got married...I absolutely believe that hiring Richard Roman Photography is one of the best things we did for our wedding and the lifetime of memories we will have.

Richard and his wife are awesome people. Even from the beginning we felt really at ease with them and liked them very much. We felt like we would be very comfortable spending a lot of time with them on one of the most important days of our lives.

Our wedding coordinator, who happens to be a very good friend of mine, has worked with many, many photographers over the years and she said - he was the best she has ever seen. He knew exactly the right shots to take, the impact of the lighting, where we should have our first moment together before the pictures began, etc. They thought of everything AND were really fun.

Over and over on the night of our wedding - people continuously commented on the level of professionalism of the photographers, as well as how laid back and down to earth they were. I could honestly wax poetic for a very long time about Richard. My husband was initially hesitant to spend much money on photography and he is the first to admit now that it was money very well spent.

I can't imagine a better photographer out there - they helped make ours a truly magical day and we have incredible photographs for the rest of our lives. One last thing - definitely book Bass Is Loaded DJ with Richard - the two of them make an amazing video of the vows and the time leading up to the ceremony. I initially told them - no way - it felt far too cheesy. And now it feels like one of the smartest things we did!!

Thanks, Richard - you're the best!

Sent on 05/25/2009

Amy · Married on 09/27/2008

It didn't take us long once we met Richard and Christina to decide that they were going to be the perfect fit for us and for our wedding. I dragged my husband around to all of the Oregon wedding shows in search for our vendors, and he showed the first sparks of enthusiasm when we found Richard Roman Photography. They conducted themselves with utmost class, professionalism, and their passion for their work was extremely obvious. We immediately felt at ease and confident in their ability to make our wedding the most memorable day of our lives.

We received nothing but compliments from our guests about how wonderful our photographers were. They made my day as a bride so easy and between the two of them, they caught so many moments that I didn't notice throughout the day. Everything goes so fast, and without them, I would have missed so many wonderful details. It was such a joy to go through our photos (and there were A LOT to look through!) a month later and remember all of the fantastic memories. The quality of their work takes wedding photography to a whole new level. I can't even begin to explain how happy we were with their work. We will be forever grateful to them every time we remember that day!

Sent on 02/15/2009

Laurie · Married on 08/21/2008

I selected Richard Roman Photography after meeting both Richard and Cristina at the Eugene Bridal Show. I gathered giant bags full of information, sample photos, price sheets, album choices, and countless other pamphlets from every photographer vendor at the bridal show. Days after, my fiance *at the time* and I reviewed everything together and decided upon Richard Roman Photography to shoot our wedding. My fiance wasn't at the bridal show, and thus made his choice from what he could see in the quality of work from the things I took home from the show. I made my decision 3 seconds after meeting both of the Roman's in Eugene. From the moment I walked into their vendor stall I knew that the type of photography I was viewing was of the quality I wanted to be able to share with my husband and people to come, years after the event took place. Both Richard and his wife represented their company in a fun, passionate, and professional manner both at that first meeting, all of our meetings to come, at the event, and it is continuing in their contact with us even today. They were able to listen to our ideas, concerns, and hopes for our special day, and they made us feel relaxed and comfortable throughout our experience. They worked with us on a budget, a photo style, met with us at our convenience, and helped us turn our dreams and hopes into a reality. Our event was close to Portland, and they willingly made the trek up there from Eugene. When they sent us the link to view our photos, and we had looked through them all, we were SO happy that we had chosen them to shoot our wedding. I have never felt so pretty before as I did at our wedding, and because we chose Richard Roman Photography, I will be able to feel that way everytime I look at our album.

Leah · Married on 08/08/2008

Richard and Cristina Roman/Richard Roman Photography captured the emotion and spirit of the wedding of our dreams! My husband-to-be knew Richard and Cristina personally, and when Richard showed me his fashion photography portfolio at our first meeting, I was sold--ever since I was a little girl, I have loved the posing, styling and focus of fashion photography.

Richard scouted our venues both with us and on his own to ensure we took full advantage of the ceremony and reception locations (Owen Rose Garden and 5th Street Public Market, both in Eugene). Richard shot our engagement photos at Hendricks Park, also in Eugene, and Richard and Cristina shot the “preparation” photos at our separate locations. They had great ideas and kept us to the schedule they’d prepared in advance, but they were never intrusive and we had plenty of quality private time with our family and bridal party members before the Big Moment. Looking back, I don’t remember seeing them at certain times, but I have the beautiful evidence that they were...everywhere! (I can’t think of a better qualification of a photography team: they blend in and yet catch all of the action. I have been to plenty of weddings where just one photographer stands out like a sore thumb amid the party-goers.) Richard and Cristina also have a knack of getting anxious brides, flighty mothers, grumpy flower girls, grouchy grooms' attendants, and happy, shining children all to smile like they mean it...no small feat! :-)

Richard provided an online portfolio of our wedding day photos within a month, right on schedule, and I have been blown away by the quality and quantity of the photos. I truly could not believe they got all of the shots they did--for example, I would have sworn that both Cristina and Richard were taking formal bridal party photos while the guests were being seated, and yet there are the photos of our ushers taking guests down the aisle! I had been concerned about the quality of the photos after nightfall, and yet the depth of color, contrast and brightness of every photo came out so beautifully. I still have not had time to view each and every photo they took, and I cannot wait for the “big screen” viewing party! The true value in hiring Richard Roman Photography is knowing that this once-in-a-lifetime event will be documented in style by true professionals who know how to bring out the beauty and essence of this most important commitment of our lives.

Sent on 09/16/2008

mark · Married on 06/21/2008

Richard was absolutely amazing. His pictures are wonderful and we could not have asked for anything more. He was a blast to have at our wedding and really made the process fun.
    Mark and Amber Lewis

Sent on 09/16/2008

Emily · Married on 09/08/2007

Richard Roman rocks my world. I looked for a local photographer FOREVER and could not find one I liked. I went to the bridal shows in Redmond, Portland, AND Eugene to find a photographer and nobody was quite what I was looking for. They were cheesy, over priced, bad packages, or just plain bad photography. When I found Richard Roman's website I knew I liked the photography, but that is really only half of the battle. I had to like the photographer too. After all, he was going to follow me around ALL DAY on the most important day of my life! Not to mention the engagement shoot where I have to kiss my now-husband and act like the photographer isn't there! So I needed to like the photographer! And I did. Richard and his wife were amazing! They were funny, kind, outgoing, and understanding. They were always available to answer my questions and since they have seen millions of weddings, they had plenty of recommendations! We went to there house a couple of times to plan the big event, and they made sure we discussed all of the key shots we wanted! During the big day, I hardly even noticed Richard and his assistant. Richard was climbing in the bushes to get that shot of our faces while the pastor spoke to us, and laying in the grass to get the shot of me and my bridesmaids huddled around. There wasn't one shot he wasn't willing to get! He even got a shot of the groomsmen jumping up in the air like the car commercial with their shadows perfectly lit on the grass in front of them. We get compliments on that shot ALL THE TIME! Needless to say, we got along GREAT with Richard, and his work was to die for. I wouldn't have chosen another photographer even if it was given to me for free.

THANKS RICHARD!!!!!

Sent on 02/02/2008

Sara · Married on 08/25/2007

I just wanted to thank Richard & Cristina Roman. They did a AWESOME job. Our pictures turned out wonderful. Both of them are full of energy and it is great to work with people that are so bright. Thanks again, you made our day a dream come true.

Steven & Sara Tofflemoyer

Ashley · Married on 08/11/2007

Richard was exceptional! From the first meeting to the 'big day' I know that they were listening to Nick and I and were wanting to make our day as special as possible. Throughout the whole experience we all grew to be good friends. Our pictures are absolutely amazing, we have received multiple compliments. During our event Richard and Lori stayed as long as everyone else to make sure they captured all the action, emotion, and memories. I would recommend Richard Roman Photography to anyone, and already have. Richard makes you feel like family, and he truly wants to make your experience a memorable one.

Sent on 02/19/2008

Shelley · Married on 07/12/2007

Not only was I planning my wedding out of state but from 1,000 miles away. I found Richard online and was amazed by his portfolio, I just knew I had to book him for my wedding. After several emails and a few phone calls everything was set up and I had to trust that I made the right choice. Richard arrived early to scout out my wedding and reception site (I saw him from the staging room). My wedding day was the first time that I had met Richard and it seemed as if I already knew him. He was patient and flexible. He captured our wedding day perfectly along with the beauty of the scenery. I am beyond thrilled with the quality of his work. I still visit his web site often to look at his newest photos just because I love his work so much. I would without a doubt recommend Richard to all my friends and family.

Shelley and Will

Kathryn · Married on 04/22/2006

I could not have had a better photographer! The entire experience and the photos truly capture the perfect moments throughout our special day. My album is a piece of art that everyone oohs and awes over. It's fun to share. I highly recommend the personal and attentive team at Richard Roman Photography to all my friends and family. I greatly enjoyed working with them, they are wonderful people dedicated to being sure the bride and groom are 110% satisfied. I could not have asked for more and they could not have delivered anything better. There was no money better spent...well, maybe my dress =0) But you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 02/05/2008
  • F

Frank · Married on 03/03/2006

Richard and Christina did a wonderful job. They took great pictures, and really captured every memorable part of our wedding. They have a great attitude, and are very professional. It was really refreshing to see them so excited about their job, and they truly did a fantastic job. We suggest Richard Roman Photography to anyone!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Allegra · Married on 07/01/2017

We fell in love with Richard and Cristina at the wedding show. Having a wedding photographer that we clicked with was important since they were going to be all around for the wedding. Everything was great. They were easy to work with and the photos were beautiful. I think they were more expensive than some of the other folks we looked at but we decided to go with them based on their personalities. Lovely folks!

Sent on 06/25/2018