Roman Grinev Photography Reviews

190 | Chevy Chase, MD

190 Reviews for Roman Grinev Photography

We selected Rob as our photographer and he was amazing! The pictures were great, we got all the shots we wanted plus moment capturing candids. We were able to speak with Rob before the wedding to outline what we wanted and he was prompt and attentive during the wedding. Very pleased!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Nadia · Married on 06/30/2013

We had the privilege of having Thomas photograph our June 30th wedding. He was charming and got so many great photos! We are going to have a hard time narrowing down photos for our album due to how many great ones that we have! From the day we visited Roman's studio they have been nothing but professional and courteous. We wholeheartedly recommend Roman Grinev's photography to any bride looking for amazing service for a great price!

Sent on 09/12/2013

Kellie · Married on 06/09/2013

Amazing! We used Napoleon for our June 9th wedding. Our friends used him for their wedding 2 years prior and we loved how their photos turned out! Working with him was awesome, completely professional. He knew exactly what to do. They are well priced! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

We got our pictures back within the amount of time they promised and love each and every one of them. Napoleon completely captured our day. I am so glad I went with them and am thrilled with the entire experience! I would highly recommend Roman Grinev Photography.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/08/2013

We selected Napoleon to be our photographer and we couldn't be happier! He was so much fun to work with and really made us feel amazing on our big day. We were thrilled with the results - wouldn't change a thing! Highly recommended!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Katherine · Married on 05/25/2013

I contacted Roman and had all my questions answered quickly. The prices are great and for the quality of photography, a steal I think! Roman helped me pick our photographer Rachel who works with him. We did engagement photos October 2012 at the Smithsonian Castle in DC and was delighted by Rachel. She had original ideas and did not do a lot of posing, but rather captured our natural looks. Plus she was flexible and willing to travel, so we even entertained the idea of going to Baltimore, but declined since DC is our city. All our friends and family loved the engagement photos and we are so happy to have them for the rest of our lives.
    For our wedding day, Rachel was great. She contacted us ahead of time and we filled out an information form so everything was smooth between vendors and the timeline. She asked for our requests multiple times and what locations we wanted to shoot in. She was everywhere capturing photos without us realizing it for 98% of the time during the entire evening, letting us keep the day special. She had great ideas and worked with the location wonderfully and was professional while being funny and lively to keep us from being bored of all the photos. She is a delight and I hope to use her in the future for any life events, as she was a joy to work with and was such a wonderful photographer. Words cannot describe how happy I am with her and I cannot wait to see the edits!

Sent on 05/26/2013

Clara · Married on 03/23/2013

I HIGHLY recommend working with Roman and his photographers. After looking through several reviews of several photographers, we narrowed down our search to Roman Grinev photography. Roman was extremely calm, kind, and professional during our first meeting. He carefully explained all of the details of the photography process and the styles of each of his photographers. He had several albums of complete weddings from each of the photographers so we really got a chance to look through them and see how each photographer "told" the story of each couple's wedding day. We decided to go with Rachel because her photos really captured the emotions of the weddings. She paid such close attention to the little details like flower petals, the light hitting the bride's face when she saw her husband for the first time, the sparkle of the rings, and faces on the families for all of the hugs. I really fell in love with her style.

I thought I already loved Rachel's style from the album photos, but I was completely blown away when I got to work with Rachel on my wedding day. She arrived early and started taking photos of Antrim. She was so calm and professional, and she was an incredibly warm person to work with. She even helped me get into my dress! I had some complicated buttons so she helped my mom fasten them. Rachel helped me and my fiance get some wonderful photos, and she even snuck us away during the reception to get a beautiful set of photos during the sunset. I rarely saw her, she was an invisible camera that took pictures of all of the details and of all of our guests. I loved her unobtrusive style, and I loved how she really made us feel so special. I can't say enough good things about Rachel, she was simply amazing!

Sent on 03/26/2013

Rachel · Married on 10/13/2012

I can't say for sure how the photos turned out yet but considering how many he took and how in tune he was with us they have to be amazing. Shamus blended in with the crowd but still managed to get all of the photos that we wanted. He was always willing to take any photos we wanted. After the wedding numerous people mentioned how wonderful he was and we couldn't help but agree. All of the portfolios we saw with Roman were beautiful but something about Shamus' just spoke to us and I think the photos will tell the perfect story of our wedding day.

Sent on 10/31/2012

Dawn · Married on 09/29/2012

Our daughter selected Shamus to help make her wedding story. Shamus was professional and patient with our many requests for photos. He seemed to weave throughout the party, becoming a part of it, while recording the events of the day. He was creative with his ideas for photos. Can't want to see the finished photos!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Emily · Married on 08/25/2012

If I could give more than five stars I would. Our photographer was Robert. He was wonderful. The pictures came out just lovely. Everyone was commenting on how good he was. I heard a lot of "He was right in the action but never annoying or pushy. " We had a fairly casual and non-traditional wedding and he really captured the spirit in his pictures. I felt like Roman and Robert both really understood what we were going for and didn't try to make our wedding something it wasn't.
    The pictures came back beautiful too. They took quite awhile but that was because every single one was edited ( not sure this is the correct photography term?) so they were all lovely and ready for printing. Well worth the wait.
    I would recommend them to anyone and have already given people their number. People were begging me for it at the wedding itself!

Sent on 11/12/2012

Kristin · Married on 08/18/2012

I am very happy that we chose Roman Grinev Photography for our wedding day. Our photographer was Napoleon, and he was really easy to work with and got so many great pictures. Roman was very responsive throughout the whole process, and the total cost was a great deal compared to other quality photographers in the DC metro area.

Sent on 11/28/2012

Lindsey · Married on 08/10/2012

I rarely write reviews but Rachel was our photographer for our August wedding at Celebration at the Bay and she was absolutely phenomenal!!!! The photos were gorgeous. My husband and I are a bit camera shy and she worked with us to get so many excellent, candid photos that not only captured the moment but the feel of the moment too!

She was the sweetest person ever as well. Not intrusive at all...I barely knew that she was there but she took photos of EVERY perfect moment...ones that I didn't even notice in all the hustle and bustle. Also, she went above and beyond her duties and helped some of the groomsmen pin their corsages and helped me with bustling my dress, etc. I've never met a kinder, more professional person.

Anyone who chooses Rachel, is sooooo lucky to have her. This post doesn't even do her justice. If you choose to have her photograph your wedding, you will have ABSOLUTELY no regrets.

Sent on 12/14/2012

Cecilia · Married on 07/28/2012

Outstanding eye for amazing pictures. Roman photographed our wedding and we couldn't be more satisfied with the results. From the moment we saw his sample albums we knew we would hire Roman rather than one of his other photographers on staff. He is extremely professional, honest and is more interested in getting the job done nicely than trying to add extras to our package (he actually talked us OUT of hiring a 2nd photographer!!). He was very efficient in sending us the pictures on the promised date. Well worth spending the money.

Sent on 09/25/2012

We used Roman Grinev Photography for our July wedding. Thomas was our primary photographer and Rachel the second photographer. The entire process was fabulous! Roman met with me to discuss options and look at portfolios. Once I had selected the photographer, Thomas helped me create a timeline that maximized our time with each photographer and the main events of the day/night. The day of, Thomas was on time and flowed seamlessly with everything that happened. The day was a bit rainy/cloudy, but looking at the photos you would never be able to tell! Rachel was also wonderful! Both photographers took some great posed and candid shots and their creativity was superb! The photos really captured “the story” of our wedding, which was exactly what we wanted. We couldn’t be happier with our decision to work with Roman Grinev Photography!

Sent on 10/01/2012
  • Leigh

Leigh · Married on 07/07/2012

Tom Wakefield was our wedding photographer and he did such an amazing job. The pictures are beautiful and really captured the day! Tom was so nice and the people at Roman Grinev have just been great to work with.

Sent on 10/04/2012

Danielle · Married on 06/30/2012

Roman and his team did such a phenomenal job with the photography of our wedding! His associate Thomas photographed the wedding and was professional, relaxed and very personable. My entire wedding party had a blast with him during the shoots and the pictures turned out gorgeous. Roman was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. With all of the stressful decisions I had to make as the bride over the coarse of planning the wedding, I can honestly say Roman Grinev made the photography part very easy.

Sent on 10/09/2012

We had Napoleon with us for 9 hours on our wedding day and he was literally the hit of the party. He is a genuine, funny person and an amazing photographer. My husband and I had no clue how to take photos so Napoleon made sure we were comfortable in front of his camera all evening and helped to pose us. More than just a photographer, he was helping the groomsmen roll/fix the isle runner, fixing my dress, and continuously going above and beyond his calls of duty :) He called about 1 week prior to discuss our expectations and then showed up early on the day of. Roman's prices are fair and his professionalism is outstanding. He is quick to answer emails and help however he can. I would recommend Roman Grinev Photography, especially Napoleon, one million times over to anyone. Thank for making our wedding day that much more fun and memorable, Napoleon!!

Sent on 06/25/2012
  • User2081583 · 2+ years ago

Roman did the pre and post work for my wedding photography and Rachel shot the day. They were both incredibly professional and talented. Rachel was a pleasant and unobtrusive element in my wedding. She got all the right shots and some fantastic shots we never imagined. I am most grateful for her calming, professional presence - it was very important to me not to get a hyper, intrusive photographer. Rachel let the event happen, helped out wherever she could, and documented it with grace and honesty. Huge fan, highly recommend.

Sent on 07/20/2012
  • W

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2012

Roman was fantastic to work with through the whole process- responsive, easy going and helpful. Rachel took our pictures and they were amazing. Beautiful shots and she was great to have at the wedding- helpful, low key and funny, she made sure we got amazing pictures without interfering with all the special moments of the day! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Bernie · Married on 05/26/2012

We used Rod from Roman's team of photographers and he was great! He made sure to get all the shots no matter what! At one point we was on the dance floor lying down to get the perfect action shot! I would highly recommend Rod from Roman Grinev Photography!

Sent on 05/29/2012
  • Traci

Traci · Married on 05/12/2012

Hiring Roman Grinev Photography was one of the best decisions we made. Roman, the owner, was very professional and nice when I met with him to talk about what we wanted in our wedding day photographer. We chose Napoleon. He did a great job! What a talented photographer...the photos are great! Napoleon blended in with the crowd and captured some great shots. Roman Grinev Photography (and Napoleon) is the way to go!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/12/2012

I'd recommend Roman Grinev Photography to anyone! The entire process from hiring our photographers to coordinating the details of our wedding day to reviewing the pictures was effortless. Rachel and Shamus were fabulous! They were so kind to us and our guests, true professionals, and the photos are lovely! And on the administrative side, Roman always responded to my (numerous) e-mails quickly and was a pleasure to work with.

With all the other details to manage on our wedding day, it was so wonderful to know that Rachel and Shamus did not need instructions beyond what we already had discussed prior to the big day. They just went to work and did it well. Thanks so much RGP!

Sent on 07/23/2012
  • Julie

Julie · Married on 05/12/2012

Roman and Thomas, the two photographers for our wedding, are amazingly talented professionals. Their work is incredible-- check out the website and you'll see how wonderful they are. We have already recommended them to several friends!

Roman was very professional and blended into the background while still getting excellent shots on the day of the wedding. He was easy to work with and very responsive leading up to the wedding.

Thomas was really fun and personable and he took very creative shots. He was also very perceptive and took care of a lot of little things outside the scope of his traditional photographer duties, such as adding a napking to the cake cutting table when it had been forgotten by our day-of help. He really cared about making our day wonderful and we really appreciate that.

You will not be disappointed if you choose Roman Grinev Photography as your wedding day photographer!

Sent on 12/01/2012

Roman was great to work with. He was easy to meet with and explained our options clearly.

We worked with Shamus on the day, who was great. Took a lot of pictures, was great with the family and guests, had creative ideas for photos ahead of the ceremony itself. We wound up with many great pictures.

Sent on 07/05/2012

Darnell · Married on 03/31/2012

We used Romans team of photographers for our wedding in March. They were consummate professionals in every way. Both Napolean and Thomas arrived early to the venue, took amazing shots, and were very flexible with our schedule and timeline. Both were very interactive, but at the same time very go with the flow. You can tell these guys have been shooting weddings for a while, we highly recommend.

Darnell

Sent on 06/12/2012

Annie · Married on 03/03/2012

Roman Grinev was a pleasure to work with. His was the first photography studio that I met with when beginning my wedding planning, and knew right away that I needed to look no further. Our photographer was Rachel, and she was a lot of fun to work with, from the planning stages to the actual date. She asked a lot of valuable questions before the wedding, and during the wedding day, I wouldn't have known she was there! We had a lot of fun taking bride and groom photos. I can't wait to see how they turned out, but I have no hesitation that they are amazing!

Sent on 03/20/2012