Roland Gozun Photography Reviews

Roland Gozun Photography 5
Roland Gozun Photography 6
Roland Gozun Photography 7

Paige · Married on 04/02/2016

From the moment I began communication with Roland, he was prompt, responsive, collaborative and accommodating. Jane is an absolute delight as well- they compliment each other perfectly. Roland and Jane were flexible, calm and understanding for our changing timeline and chaotic families and bridal parties.

Roland's eye for love and beauty and ability to capture every perfect moment is most impressive. Roland does what it takes to get the perfect shot and captured every special moment of our day perfectly. Our images will be admired for a lifetime, as well as our experience with Roland. My entire family, bridal party and guests have commented on what a wonderful experience we had with Roland as well! I cannot thank Roland and Jane enough for spending their Saturday with us and being such an important part of our day. I highly recommend working with this talented team!

Sent on 04/22/2016

Dustin · Married on 03/12/2016

I was really impressed with the timely communication and response. Prior to the event, Roland was so responsive (very professional) and answered all the questions I had, which made my life much easier. Not only that, he was so willing to accommodate my needs and meet my requests. What I really liked about the way he worked was that he allowed me to take charge of family pictures. I've been to so many weddings where taking family pictures is a complete disaster and people waste a lot of time. For me, I knew what I wanted and Roland worked with me without hesitation while his partner took background pictures. Overall, he and his wife were very organized and really worked with me in making our event a success. As for the pictures, my wife was really impressed. She couldn't believe how the pictures turned out. When we were taking background pictures, I was a little hesitant because I felt there was little disorganization in the way we were placed and the way we were standing, but the pictures really turned out great..excellent in fact.

Sent on 03/23/2016

Rose · Married on 12/18/2015

Roland was our photographer for both engagement and on the wedding day. Roland and Jane have a joyful and approachable and friendly personality. Very professional and I'm so happy and very much satisfied on all my engagement and wedding pics. Roland is very talented and really knows to capture great moments. He replies quick on both emails and calls and keeps you updated from time to time. Such a wonderful photographer one of a kind! Will be getting Roland again for sure for future when baby comes! ;)

Sent on 02/10/2016

Casey · Married on 12/05/2015

Roland did our engagement photos and wedding photos, and they are beautiful!

We did a lot of research before booking any photographers, and we felt like we lucked into finding Roland. We decided that we wanted to invest the money to have beautiful professional photos (by which I mean going above a certain grade and pay for that quality), but we did not want to go crazy. Roland's photos are comparable to those of photographers that cost three times as much.

Plus, Roland and his wife Jane are lovely! They are extremely flexible, do everything they can to give you whatever you ask for, and put a lot of thought into the photos. For example, Roland knew that we were both lovers of the outdoors, which made me delighted to see that he had photographed my wedding dress that I had left for him to photograph hanging from a tree. It was just a nice, personal touch that exemplified his approach.

Roland doesn't charge by the hour, he got our engagement photos to us within a few days, a large number of wedding preview shots back to us in five days, and got the final shots to us in well under a month. He is very responsive and replies very quickly to emails and phone calls.

He uses natural light as much as possible, but also did stunning photographs with artificial light. I will definitely recommend him to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 01/02/2016

Aaron · Married on 12/05/2015

I can't say enough good things about Roland and Jane. When choosing a photographer we looked for great quality pictures. We didn't have an unlimited budget but didn't want pictures that looked like amateurs just went around shooting whatever's in front of them. Roland was an absolute joy to work with and his pictures are exquisite. When choosing a photographer we looked for great quality pictures. He was very patient on the phone and helped us setup our engagement and photos so everything we wanted was captured and more. Roland adapted his schedule to ours for the engagement photos and took as much time as we wanted. For the wedding photos he and Jane again adapted to our schedule and was there early and stayed till the end. He made sure to capture every important moment and create wonderful images throughout the night. I'd highly recommend Roland for both his immense skill and ease to work with.

Sent on 03/17/2016

Roland and his wife Jane photographed our wedding in August 2015. They got many beautiful shots of the event that we were very happy with. They have an eye for artistic and candid shots, and really blended in with the crowd. We also had a photo booth which was great. They very very prompt in their arrival and stayed throughout the night.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Marin · Married on 07/25/2015

If you want memorable photographs with amazing friendly service, look no further! Roland and Jane were nothing short of PERFECT! They have a very friendly and happy personality, unique photography style, and a very easy to use website. Since I am a tech savvy person, I really liked that all of the questionnaires and photo reviews were done with ease on his website. From our first meeting, we knew that we had to hire him. The conversation was very friendly and it felt like we were just hanging out. We quickly decide that we should have them do our engagement shoot as a trial before the wedding. There were several different locations around Chicago that were needed to tell our story. That would mean that Roland and Jane had to spend extra time with us but it was not a problem for them at all! Spending the engagement day with them it was a no brainer that they would be perfect for our wedding. Leading up to the wedding he sent a very detailed questionnaire to make sure that everyone is on the same page. He also was open to helping us if we had any wedding related questions. On the wedding day, he came in the morning to our house where the girls were getting ready. He had the entire plan on when and where he would be down to exact minutes. It was a great wedding which was made even better when we saw the final photos.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Roland did a wonderful job taking photos at our wedding at a very reasonable price. We booked him last minute and couldn't be more pleased with the results.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Cassandra · Married on 06/13/2015

Roland and his wife, Jane, were so incredibly laid back while we were initially meeting and really put my husband and I at ease, making it much easier to communicate the things we were looking for on our wedding day. Once we decided on the package Roland even let us do a little bit of personalization on the services that we wanted to include in it. They suggested things we may to have thought of and were open to any ideas we had. The day of was also a wonderful experience. They were truly able to capture all of the moments that counted the most. They got moments on camera that I didn't even notice the day-of. We will be recommending them to all of our friends and family and if the occasion calls for a photographer again for something in our life Roland is the only one I would want to hire.

Sent on 07/04/2015

Maggie · Married on 05/16/2015

We met Roland and Jane as we were preparing to take our engagement pictures. We can't describe their level of professionalism, creativity and courtesy they extended to us, and so we decided to have the same amazing experience on our wedding day. They were punctual and blended in so well on our day. They were able to capture our emotions so well on the pictures. We would highly recommend them, and will be contacting them to capture our next milestones in life!

Bart and Maggie

Sent on 09/09/2015

ernesto · Married on 05/01/2015

is a great photographer. He is very patient pays attention to detail. Is very courteous and personable. he also listens to any details you have or would like for your special day. I would 100% recommend Roland for anyone with any special occasion. I will for certain use him in the future.

Sent on 05/17/2015
  • W

Wendi · Married on 05/01/2015

Roland was very polite & friendly to my wedding guests. He was there to work but came off as a friend to everyone. He definitely added his own personal touch to the pictures. He was at the church on time which is a big deal at a major event. What made him unique is that he sent a questionnaire via email a week before the event to find out what kinds of pictures we would like to have & if there were any restrictions to what he can do at the location or during the event. When asked to take pictures of my wedding rings or shoes, he used props at the church to make the pictures extra special & made a collage. He was patient & didn't make me or my husband feel rushed. I highly recommend him to anyone who's considering having a special occasion. I plan to use his services in the future. His prices are reasonable & he provided quality work.

Sent on 05/17/2015

Shasha · Married on 12/12/2014

I don't have enough words to express how happy & delighted my husband and I, are with the service that was provided to us. We love everything about them--- the creativity, artistry, professionalism, the value of the service with a great price and just the way they accommodated our requests especially our crazy schedules. It's like working with somebody that we've known for a long time...

Sent on 02/23/2015
  • User5204848 · 2+ years ago

We had an amazing Halloween wedding that was done at a couple different locations. The day started off at an old theatre then moved by police escort to a restaurant/bar/club for reception/Halloween party. They were there first thing in the morning with us and ready to go and were more than accommodating to all our special requests. We had the entire theatre to ourselves including back stage dressing rooms so he was able to get some awesome shots of the different bride and groom groups getting ready, hanging out and doing a little of this and that. Also while he could of had some down time he took advantage of this time to shoot the theatre, its old nature and surroundings and our attire and mementos at different key spots in the theatre. He was very accommodating to us again as we did not want to do very many staged photos and told him that we really just wanted candid shots to be the majority of the day for his services. We did take the opportunity to take some staged photos as a couple and with family and also with the wedding parties that we came up with as well as his great ideas and angles and lighting that he used to get some really cool shots. The reception, to our surprise he had already been there to shoot the set up, cake, rooms and all that good stuff too. We partied took a couple photos here and there but because we had requested more candid's than anything we were not a bother to him nor him to us, we would from time to time see him crawling or on ladders or peeking through the crowd to get some amazing shots and if and when the time came that he had a special idea for a shot or we had one for him, it was done and taken care of on the spot. Bottom line everything he did was great and the end result was amazing, he is very detail orientated and goes above and beyond to assure you are getting what you want on your special day, from the questionnaires to the phone calls and other communications he is there to make this day all about you and nothing else.

Sent on 06/24/2015
  • User3819520 · 2+ years ago

This past October we had an amazing Halloween Wedding and were lucky enough to have found a great photographer that really understood exactly what we were looking for. We wanted to capture the feeling, emotion and excitement of the night and Roland went above and beyond for us and the final product was more then I could have hoped for. I love looking at our photos and feeling that wonderful night all over again!

Sent on 06/26/2015

Debra · Married on 10/04/2014

While working with Roland and Jane, you can tell they have a strong sense of care and pride that goes into each picture they take. They were very easy to work with and encouraged any ideas or special shots that we would like. Roland and Jane captured our wedding day perfectly! We had to change our plans last minute for where we were going to take pictures, due to the weather being so chilly and rainy. They were very reassuring that everything would turn out great. They definitely helped us get through that bump in our day, and they took many amazing pictures!
    I have recommended Roland and Jane to several friends for engagement/ wedding photos and I will continue to do so. I have received so many complements on our pictures, engagement and wedding.
    Thank you Roland and Jane, for sharing our day with us and capturing all the special moments! We will definitely be using your services again in the future!

Thank you!
    Debra D.

Sent on 05/25/2015

Jeff · Married on 08/16/2014

Roland was fantastic to work with. The level of professionalism and quality of the photography was outstanding. He worked in all of our requested photos, even the odd ones, and spur of the moment ideas and they turned out beautifully.

Sent on 09/12/2014

Natalie · Married on 07/26/2014

Roland made our wedding day so special for us, he captured some unforgettable moments in his photography, and we are so glad we chose him to take care of capturing those precious moments that will last forever. Roland was professional, warm and accommodating, taking natural and modern photographs. He met and exceeded every expectation we had, and made the transition from ceremony to photographing on location very smooth. He gave us plenty of time to get the shots we wanted and he guided us gently with his artistic eye, capturing us in great lighting and with perfect backdrops. Roland's services on our wedding day were very affordable and we are so glad we chose him to cover the most important parts of our special day. Thank you Roland!! -Lauren & Natalie

Sent on 08/11/2014

Roland Gozun Photography's reply:

Thank you, Lauren & Natalie !

Marvin · Married on 06/28/2014

Roland was very professional and easy to work with. Roland's services were excellent and I would highly recommend him to anyone. Two thumbs up!!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Romano · Married on 06/20/2014

He is easy to get along with. He listens to all your needs.

Sent on 05/19/2015

Jon · Married on 04/12/2014

We're proud to have Roland and Jane capture our wedding day at the Chicago Cultural Center. Even though it was his first time shooting there, every shot is done well and carefully thought out - he is clearly talented and very experienced. Everyone looks great even in unexpected (not staged) shots, and we're delighted to have him shoot our wedding reception day later this year as well. We highly recommend Roland to anyone!

Sent on 04/15/2014

Kevin · Married on 08/10/2013

Roland and Jane did a great job. The quality of the pictures was awesome. The 2 of them worked really good together gathering people together and taking pictures after the wedding. Roland demonstrated a lot of creativity on the scenery and places where the pictures were taken. The both of them related well with the wedding party, which made taking the pictures more fun. In summary, there performance kicked butt.

Thanks,
    Kevin Karpinske

Sent on 10/10/2013

Ricardo · Married on 05/25/2013

Roland and Jane were awesome they made outlr whole wedding experience amazing!! They are so fun to work with and took the most amazing photos of our special day. My wife and I are sooo happy with their work we still look back at the photos and are amazed at the work!!! They captured everything we wanted and more!

Sent on 10/04/2013
  • User2369150 · event on 05/25/2013

Roland was a photographer at the banquet facility I am an event planner for and has done a few weddings, a prom and a birthday party. His work has been by far some of the best work I have seen. His professionalism and curiosity, attention to detail and quality of picture taking is right up there with some of the best. I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Jiji · Married on 09/21/2012

Roland and Jane are very helpful on my wedding day! I had so much fun with them. They make time for you and they never complain. The best thing about them is that they follow what you want and how you want your picture. Pictures are looking professional and it is worth it!

Mr. & Mrs. Stahl