Rocky Top Catering Reviews

296 | Raleigh, NC

296 Reviews for Rocky Top Catering

Samantha · Married on 10/02/2015

Jenn at Rocky Top Catering was fantastic to work with! She made everything run as effortlessly as it possibly could have, and she was very quick to respond to every question I had. Our numbers began to fluctuate as the wedding neared, but Jenn was very accommodating and took care of it all, not to mention the fact that the food is delicious! People are still talking about how good it was. I would highly recommend this company!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Jenifer · Married on 09/19/2015

Rocky Top catered an "after wedding brunch" for 45 people at my home and it was wonderful. The Biscuit Bar was a huge hit!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Liz · Married on 09/19/2015

If you want to work with a caterer that is accommodating, supportive, genuine, fun and professional, then you should go see Kevin at Rocky Top. Legit the best food and people in the business! Thank you for making our day the best it could be and for making sure our entire wedding party was fed and eating :)

Our menu was amazing and people raved about the food:

Station style:

Tomato Bisque & grilled cheese shooters
    Ham & cheese biscuits
    Chicken & waffles

Mashed potato, mac & cheese, & salad bar

Taco station with shrimp or chicken
    Beef brisket small plate

Everything was phenomenal! I can't say it enough!

Sent on 10/13/2015

It wouldn't have been possible to have a better rehearsal dinner than was provided by Rocky Top!

Sent on 09/26/2015

The most important thing my husband and I wanted to provide for our wonderful family and friends on our big day was delicious food. We are foodies and wanted a menu that would highlight some of our favorites. We also had some special dietary requests and allergies to consider. Rocky Top Hospitality is by far the best catering company out there. They went above and beyond to showcase our passion for food and accommodate our needs. We were blown away by their outstanding service and beautiful presentation. We had everything from a make your own taco station, Spanish Paella, Ahi tuna, to a steakhouse station, and more. I also have a sweet tooth and did not want just one type of dessert. Their incredibly talented Pastry Chef made a beautiful display of our favorite cakes, cookies, and desserts. Seriously, get the Tia Maria cake, mmm...Our guests kept raving about how amazing the food was which is the best compliment. Brides and Grooms: make sure you sit down and enjoy your first meal together as husband and wife! Savor every bite! Thank you RTH for making our day so memorable and delicious not only for us but our dear guests too!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Hannah · Married on 09/05/2015

Rocky Top Catering was so amazing for my wedding. Jenn was very responsive and communicative. She accommodated a lot of changes, particularly at the last second. She was attentive to my husband and my wants as far as the menu went, but she didn't stop there. She was very involved in the whole process, communicating openly with my venue, the party suppliers and myself. I greatly appreciated her advice and opinions, based on the amount of people, her experience with the venue and our food selection. She was attentive to cost and our wants for food.
    The food was delicious. My husband and I wanted to have good food and to have everyone walk away from our wedding talking about how good the food was. We have been to many a wedding where we hated the food, but the main comment of the night was that the food was delicious. We asked our venue who had the best food and they said Rocky Top. They weren't wrong, and Rocky Top definitely lived up to their name. It was also so nice to have a personal waitress who ensured that my husband and I had food and drink at any opportunity. The night snuck away from us, but we always had food and drink readily available. Even after the wedding, Rocky Top packaged up to-go boxes for us to enjoy that night. We were so appreciative of that! I will recommend them as a caterer to anyone who asks. Thank you, Jenn, for being so helpful throughout the whole process!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Courtney · Married on 09/04/2015

I can't stop thinking about my wedding and how wonderful the food was! My friends and family loved everything that was served!! Thank you so much, you made my wedding that more special!

Sent on 09/07/2015

The food was delicious and the service was unbeatable. We definitely picked the perfect caterer. Everyone was friendly and professional. We had a few special diet needs and special meals were provided for those guests with no issues. Rocky top goes above and beyond to meet your needs.

Sent on 09/12/2015

Amy · Married on 08/09/2015

Elizabeth was wonderful and so easy to work with and really listened to what we wanted.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Erica · Married on 08/08/2015

This was not a wedding but a birthday party that was put together kind of last minute. Jen at Rocky Top Hospitality could not have been more accommodating from the first eMail to the first meeting to the menu flexibility and to the meeting with the event coordinator at The Oaks At Salem. The staff was very helpful all evening and our event was quite the talk...especially the food. I was pleased with every aspect of the service provided by Rocky Top. I would definitely use them again.

Sent on 08/18/2015

We had a fantastic experience from start to finish. Elizabeth was our main contact, and she could not have been more professional, flexible, or accommodating. They worked with our budget and provided an incredible service. All our guests raved about the food at our wedding for weeks afterwards. Also, the servers were wonderful and professional, and made sure everyone had everything they needed. We cannot say enough positive things about Rocky Top and would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Ashley · Married on 08/01/2015

Every single person at our wedding raved about the amazing food and had to know who catered! Great food, great service, great wait staff!! Grade A++++ service.

Ashley · Married on 08/01/2015

WOW! We felt like royalty at our wedding because of the amazing staff (Megan, Adam and so many others were so good to us!) and absolutely DELICIOUS food and service!! I would recommend Rocky Top to anyone who knows what's good for them! ;)

P.S. Jenn and Kevin - You ROCK!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Christie · Married on 07/26/2015

Excellent staff, amazing food. The full service was everything that I needed to make my wedding perfect. So glad I chose Rocky Top

Tana · event on: 07/25/2015

This was the 2nd time we used Rocky Top Catering. The first time was last September for a life celebration for my father. This time was for an employee appreciation party. Rocky Top was wonderful! We had three of the same folks back and they did not disappoint. Not only was the food delicious, but the service was fantastic. Their attention to detail and consideration was impressive. All our guests had a wonderful time!
    Megan, Shelley, Adam and Andrew were wonderful. The chef did an outstanding job. Jenn was a pleasure to work with again. I would recommend Rocky Top to anyone that wants their event to be a memorable one.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Shevonne · event on: 07/25/2015

Wonderful job! Food was amazing! Staff very professional! Made my party a success !!

Stacy · Married on 07/12/2015

Elizabeth was a JOY to work with for our daughters wedding at The Sutherland. She was entusiastic, polite, respectful. The staff the night of the wedding were equally as wonderful. The food was so very good. We had many compliments! We can't thank them enough for making the entire process smooth, comfortable and perfect

Sent on 07/14/2015

Judy · event on: 07/11/2015

They were very professional and the service was exceptional. The food was absolutely delicious

Sent on 07/15/2015

Christina · Married on 07/11/2015

Everything about Rocky Top was INCREDIBLE. Elizabeth was the height of professionalism and grace! She was so easy to work with. My parents, husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our private tasting as well as a public tasting later. Rocky Top was flexible and accommodating. They provided bartenders who listened to every one of my requests and made them all happen. They worked with our unique choice of cake caterer. We had bruschetta, lobster bisque shots, pear and gorgonzola salad, bruschetta macaroni and cheese, bacon wrapped brussels sprouts, and a prime rib station, and our guests raved about the food.

AND, miracle of miracles, THE BRIDE GOT TO EAT thanks to their outstanding service. During cocktail hour, when I was outside for family photos, one of the servers actually chased me down and popped bruschetta in my poor tired mouth! The staff then kept our table full of food, and drinks in our hands throughout the reception. What a blessing.

Sent on 11/29/2015

Tiffany · Married on 06/20/2015

Jenn Carlin and her team of staff were amazing to work with! From our first contact, Jenn was very responsive to emails and was great about addressing each of my questions. Jenn went with me to choose rentals and was very helpful and patient with my indecisiveness. On the actual wedding day, I was blown away by the level of professionalism and service of the Rocky Top team. Their setup looked better than I could have imagined, and I was so excited to see that they even brought their own decor for the food and drink tables (which I had not really included in the decor I bought for the rest of the wedding). The team quickly moved the buffet under cover when it looked like it would rain-- so quickly and quietly that I didn’t even notice that they had done so. The bartender set aside some of my husband’s favorite type of beer for him so he would have some throughout the night, and they even took great care of my mom, who had brought her own special bottle of wine! I didn’t get to taste much of the food myself, but our guests seemed very pleased with it. One of our groomsmen said that he wanted to hire someone to follow him around with a tray of mini chicken and waffles every day. Overall, Rocky Top was wonderful to work with and exceeded my expectations at every step of the way!

Sent on 06/29/2015

Destiny · Married on 06/12/2015

Kevin and every one at Rocky Top were so amazing! They took all of the stress out of planning both the wedding and the rehearsal dinner. People are still texting me and talking with each other about how great the food was! You can't go wrong with them! And I highly recommend hosting your rehearsal dinner with the at their Resturant! The serving staff, atmosphere, and pricing is better than you will find anywhere else!

Sent on 06/19/2015

The food was delicious and the service was exceptional. So thrilled with Rocky Top Catering!

Sent on 05/21/2015

Natasha · Married on 05/16/2015

Rocky Top was a great choice for our wedding, our guests are still talking about the food. Jenn was very professional, friendly, and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to use Rocky Top again next time I have a catering need. I highly recommend them for any occasion.

Sent on 05/24/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/02/2015

Elizabeth O'Brien was fantastic to work with! She was very responsive by email and always did whatever she could to make sure we had the menu and beverages that we wanted. She was always pleasant to work with and was very helpful during the event as well. The food was fantastic and everyone really enjoyed it. They made plates for us to eat during the wedding so we didn't have to serve ourselves and they even prepared boxed meals and a bottle of wine for us to take back with us to our hotel after the wedding! They truly went above and beyond and exceeded our expectations in every way.

Sent on 05/14/2015

Julie · Married on 04/25/2015

Jenn at Rocky Top Catering was so helpful throughout the entire menu planning process. The service was one of the best I've ever had at a wedding and my guests couldn't have agreed more. Everyone LOVED the bruschetta mac n cheese and shrimp tacos. The presentation of all the food was beautiful!

Sent on 05/04/2015