Rocky Top Catering Reviews

296 | Raleigh, NC

296 Reviews for Rocky Top Catering

Kaitlin · Married on 05/28/2016

Oh my goodness, Rocky Top is the absolute BEST vendor I've ever worked with!! On top of the totally bangin food, their service is impeccable. During the planning process, I was far away and sent Elizabeth probably a million emails, but she was so accommodating and flexible and worked with me every step of the way! The day of, everything looked and tasted amazing, and all of my family and friends raved about it. The staff were so friendly and made sure my husband and I were totally taken care of, as well as our guests. I couldn't have asked for a better caterer and highly recommend Rocky Top to all of my family and friends!!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Natasha · Married on 05/22/2016

We loved Rocky Top! The food was delicious, and the staff accommodated my request of having family-style service. I am a vegetarian and my husband is a meat-eater; because of this, I was worried that one of us was going to sacrifice a great meal at our wedding. I am pleased to say this wasn't the case! Rocky Top was very accommodating of our various dietary needs in addition to providing wonderful food.

The tasting was a neat experience; Rocky Top was renovating at the time, so we were able to taste in the kitchen! Even with the renovations, Rocky Top was extremely accommodating and even our tasting was a great experience.

Professional and delicious catering.

Sent on 05/31/2016

Lisa · Married on 05/22/2016

We loved working with Rocky Top Catering! Elizabeth is a true professional - great to work with, and her staff is incredible! We always find wedding food a bit blah, but not the wedding food from Rocky Top! It is delicious! From the pass hors d'oeuvres to the main dishes, we continue to get compliments on the food. Bonus, they realize that often times at a wedding the bride and groom don't get to eat, so they pack up some of everything and put it in your getaway car for you to enjoy later - yum!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Christion · Married on 05/14/2016

Jenn and Rocky Top Catering were absolutely wonderful! Jenn met with us many times during our planning process and answered every question we had! She was quick to answer any e-mail and always had the answer without hesitation! Jenn knows her stuff! It was a pleasure to work with Rocky Top Catering during the wedding planning process. We couldn't have been more pleased with the menu we set up for our wedding and received more compliments than we could imagine. People were raving about how wonderful the food was and how awesome the carving station was. The potato bar was a hit and tasted like nothing we had ever had before. I cannot say enough wonderful things about Rocky Top! When my husband and I showed up to the reception there was a mix up with the types of wines we picked versus what they brought. They were quick to send someone over and change out the wines for the correct ones we wanted. Their service cannot be measured and was beyond what I could have imagined. The people were polite and worked to satisfy every thing my husband and I wished for! Thank you Jenn and Rocky Top ... this day wouldn't have been as wonderful without you and all your hard work!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Corrie · Married on 05/14/2016

When we talk to people about our reception, the first thing they say is how wonderful the meal was. I think there’s a certain expectation for catered food and I know our guests were impressed with how wonderfully cooked and tender the beef was. Additionally, all of the meals were enjoyed and commented on. Kevin and his team did an amazing job. Our planner, A Southern Soiree, has a great relationship with Rocky Top so we knew we were in great hands to begin with but we were completely wowed by the exceptional service and the meals. Additionally, our venue did not have a kitchen so much of the meal prep had to be done off-site. Kevin and his team EXCEEDED our expectations. Thank You!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Lorelle · Married on 05/13/2016

I would highly recommend Rocky Top Catering. My husband and I love food but we aren't super picky or fancy. We didn't have a big wedding and we really focused on making sure our wedding was fun and casual, just like us. We went for passed hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour (which all of our guests raved about) then stations for the dinner (slider bar, taco bar, berry salad, fondito and chips, and roasted veggies). For dessert we did their petite dessert station. Every single guest I spoke with told me how fantastic the food was and how kind and helpful the staff was. Kevin even assigned a specific staff member to my and my husband to take care of any food or drink needs throughout the night. From our first meeting with Kevin (8 months before our wedding) until the day of, him and his staff were so great. They did everything from answering questions quickly and kindly, to making menu changes at the drop of a hat, to helping me decide on linens, to even bringing an extra cake plate after my father dropped ours day of. I honestly couldn't have asked for more! They exceeded my expectations by far.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Donna · Married on 05/13/2016

Book them now before they are unavailable for your date!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Wonderful!! Jenn was amazing to work with and the staff on the wedding day was amazing as well. They made sure we stay on track with the reception but also made sure the groom and I ate.

Sent on 04/24/2016

Katie · Married on 04/16/2016

We had a great experience with Rocky Top Catering! Had a lot of compliments from our wedding guests. Very professional as well as delicious! Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Rocky Top Catering (RTC) was amazing! From the moment that we met Elizabeth we knew that we wanted to have RTC for our wedding. She is very friendly and responded to us quickly for everything we needed. What sets them apart from other caterers is that RTC really emphasized that they wanted to ‘cater’ to our tastes and our wedding. Elizabeth ensured us that they could make any dish we wanted to make our day perfect. For our wedding we combined Asian and Southern foods. Elizabeth helped us craft a southern menu for the appetizers and Asian influenced foods for the main course. We were even able to give the Chef a recipe for an Asian specialty food and he was able to create the dish flawlessly. Overall, the service was great for our reception. All the staff was very friendly and attentive to us and our guests. We would definitely recommend RTC to our friends and anyone looking for a great caterer!

Sent on 04/30/2016

Rocky Top Catering was AMAZING!! They made my dream wedding come true. Elizabeth was nothing but professional and helpful during the planning stages from food tasting to the rentals to the final walk through at the reception location. She was accommodating of my schedule as I planned a NC wedding from out of state and understood right away what my vision for the wedding was. We received so many compliments on the food and service from our wedding guests. I would use Rocky Top Catering for future catering events.

Sent on 04/11/2016

Natalie · Married on 03/26/2016

Jenn was amazing to work with and the food was great! All of our guests complimented on how great the food was along with the service.

Sent on 04/06/2016

Maggie · Married on 03/05/2016

Rocky Top did an excellent job catering out wedding. The food was delicious, which is not always the case for wedding food :) I've been to several weddings where Rocky Top catered so I can say for sure that they are a great choice to make!! Kevin answered my millions of questions throughout the planning process and everything came together seamlessly the day of. Absolutely recommend.

Sent on 03/19/2016

Cheryl · event on: 12/02/2015

I am always happy with the service, food and displays that Rocky Top provides! The team is so personal and professional and you honestly feel as if you're their priority. It's a great feeling to know they are willing to work with your budget and still not compromise quality!

Sent on 12/14/2015
  • W

Wren · Married on 11/07/2015

We had a dessert and coffee reception and it was perfect. I had heard of Rocky Top from several friends and my venue recommended them, the Grande Marquise Ballroom. The Staff at Rocky Top were helpful and attentive to all of my needs and wants. They communicated with me before, during and after the event and I really appreciated that. Thanks Rocky Top!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Jenn and her team were absolutely amazing! Every attention to detail was given and nothing was overlooked. My husband and I missed a special dietary restriction and they were still able to deliver. Not only was the food and service amazing, but Jenn was fun and easy to work with. I would highly HIGHLY recommend Rocky Top Catering for your wedding or any special event needs.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Lisa · Married on 10/24/2015

Rocky Top Catering provided the food for a couple's shower we hosted. Everything was delicious, and we heard nothing but praise from our guests. Kevin was great to work with in setting up the menu. I would highly recommend Rocky Top Catering and will definitely use them again for future catering needs!

Sent on 05/27/2015

Rocky Top Hospitality was an amazing vendor and I'm so glad we chose them to provide the food for our at-home reception for 265 guests!! I heard many, many compliments about the food (which I never got a chance to eat being the MOB!!) and also about their professionalism in serving. Elizabeth, our contact with RTH, was a dream with which to work!! She listened to our wish list, was sensitive to our budget and made numerous changes, happily and willingly, as we were able to attend their tasting events and kept tasting new dishes that we wanted to incorporate or change. I could not have been happier with our choice of caterers and I recommend them HIGHLY!

Sent on 10/27/2015

camille · Married on 10/17/2015

The service was fantastic as well as the food!! We had a few guests with food allergies and they were very accommodating. We would definitely use Rocky Top catering again!!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Latoya · Married on 10/17/2015

Excellent service! Assisted in all transitions making our day much smoother and enjoyable

Sent on 10/26/2015

Jenny · Married on 10/17/2015

Rocky Top (Jenn) was very responsive throughout the whole planning process and worked to coordinate the menu and rentals. We had outdoor stations of food that all of our guests raved about. When we arrived at cocktail hour, one of the employees and catering manager were there to greet us with food and drinks - excellent service! We are still getting comments from our guests today like "that was the best wedding food I have ever had." Loved working with them!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Marcus · Married on 10/16/2015

Rocky Top was the only company we wanted to cater our wedding. We did not explore other options because we knew exactly what kind of service we would receive. They did not disappoint!! Kevin and the staff were amazing and the food was incredible. Several people told us the food was, "the best food they have ever had"! The planning process was simple and the execution was flawless. I would definitely recommend Rocky Top Catering for any event, especially a wedding.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Ashley · Married on 10/10/2015

Rocky Top was OUTSTANDING! Jenn was amazing and made sure we had everything we needed for our big day. The servers that were there the day of our wedding did an outstanding job. The food was the talk of the town. The chicken and waffles appetizer were a hit with everyone.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Rocky Top and Jenn Carlin were amazing with the entirety of my wedding. Their hospitality was unmatched and they were accommodating in every way possible. I was very pleased with them as my wedding caterer!

Sent on 10/26/2015

Alex · Married on 10/04/2015

Working with Rocky Top was the most seamless part of my wedding planning process. I can't say enough wonderful things about Elizabeth. She was friendly, professional, knowledgeable and so easy to work with. She made sure all of the options on our buffet worked well together. She attended my rentals appointment and helped with my wedding timeline and layout. On the day of the wedding, the RTH team took the best care of my family and friends. Everyone was overwhelmed by their top-notch service. We didn't have to lift a finger. My mom has dietary restrictions and they made sure she was taken care of. At one point I asked for a table to be removed since some elderly guests had left and I wanted to enlarge the dance floor. Within 60 seconds the table was gone -- these guys are amazing! They even saved appetizers for me and my husband since we were taking photos during the cocktail hour. They made my day and my entire experience so perfect. I am so glad I chose Rocky Top for my wedding!

Sent on 10/20/2015