Rocky Top Catering Reviews

295 | Raleigh, NC

295 Reviews for Rocky Top Catering

Sarah · Married on 09/01/2018

Great food, even better customer service

Rocky Top and Vicki, in particular, made our wedding reception sheer perfection! Vicki worked with my fiance and me on a menu that reflected our tastes and even created a whole need appetizer just for us and our big day. You won't regret booking this vendor!

Sent on 11/16/2018

Samantha · Married on 08/18/2018

Amazing food! Everyone loved the food and the service! They even brought their own little decorations for the catering table.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Kathryn · Married on 08/18/2018

We worked with Vicki for both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding. Rocky Top and Vicki were incredible and went above and beyond to accommodate our requests. We wanted different menus for the RD and the reception as well as working around my food allergies. So many of our guests told us that the food was the best they'd ever had at a wedding! Thank you so much Rocky Top and Vicki Tong for making our wedding day incredible!

Sent on 10/03/2018

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2018

We had the most wonderful experience with Rocky Top for our July 2018 wedding in Raleigh. Vicki was our catering contact, and anyone would be lucky to work with her! She nailed our menu after meeting with us once, and she was incredibly accommodating and so easy to work with throughout the whole process! She made everything less stressful. We could not have been happier with the food at our wedding. We had SO many guests come up to us after the wedding to say that the food was the best that they had ever had before at a wedding. Thank you to everyone at Rocky Top! We could not have chosen better for a caterer!

Sent on 08/03/2018

Elizabete · Married on 06/30/2018

Rocky top did a great job catering my daughter's wedding. Vicki Tong was fantastic! She made sure our menu was perfect. My daughter wanted family style and they did an awesome job. We received many compliments on the food and service. The wait staff was professional, friendly and always making sure everyone was taken care of. Vicki was perfect for day one to the big day! Always checking in on us.

Sent on 08/01/2018

Becky · Married on 06/23/2018

Rocky Top is the best around. They have fun events leading up to your wedding where you can taste all kinds of foods & drinks. Our wedding guests raved about our food selection and they were super easy to work with. We provided our own alcohol (we had to get a liquor license) but their bartenders served it. The staff is very proficient, friendly, and great at what they do.

If you value quality and want a caterer that is trutly in it for your event this is the one to book.

Thanks, Rocky Top!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Bebee · Married on 06/23/2018

Rocky Top Catering did an amazing job on my daughter's wedding last month. Carol Sasseen and team were totally professional, honest and delivered! Their expertise made our reception everything we'd dreamed. AND their food is outstanding - all our guests are still raving about the fabulous food! Great job RTC - I will call on you whenever I need top notch catering both personally and professionally! Bebee Lee

Sent on 07/28/2018

Bethany · Married on 06/09/2018

Rocky Top catered my daughter's wedding recently at the NC Museum of Natural Sciences. They did a fantastic job! I worked with Jeff and he was very professional, personable, accommodating and responsive to emails. He went above and beyond to assist us in coming up with a menu that was pleasing to vegetarians and meat eaters alike (bride and groom vegetarian). During the cocktail hour we had a bruschetta bar and NC inspired passed hors d'oeuvres (crispy pimento cheese with smoked apple jelly, chicken and waffle bites, shrimp and grits). Our guests devoured them! For the buffet dinner we started with the green apple and bleu cheese salad, then enjoyed a buffet including crispy smashed potatoes (amazing!), haricot vert almondine, bruschetta mac and cheese, sirloin carving station and vegetarian paella. Everything was so delicious. Rocky Top was happy to make the vegetarian paella vegan friendly for us and all the guests enjoyed eating it. It had a beautiful presentation and was served in a paella pan. I believe the chef had to go make more because it was such a hit with the meat eaters as well. All the food was very flavorful and the service was quick and friendly. They even packed up some leftovers for us! Although the museum only allows Rocky Top to cater, I would choose them to do the job regardless of the venue because of the outstanding customer service, taste, quality, value and willingness to accommodate dietary needs.

Sent on 06/20/2018

Jenny · Married on 04/21/2018

Delicious! Lara was very helpful! She helped with the wedding dinner, rehearsal dinner, and helped pick out the place settings and table cloths.

Sent on 06/24/2018

Kim · Married on 04/14/2018

Jeff was awesome to work with!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Samantha · Married on 04/14/2018

Vicki was our point of contact with Rocky Top Catering. We were recommended to her by our wedding planner. We were impressed with them right away, we wanted southern fare and they nailed it. Chicken and waffle hors d'oeuvres and pimento Mac and cheese, need I say more? Everyone at our wedding complimented the food and bar service. They were professional and efficient. We couldn't have been happier. I would definitely recommend Rocky Top to anyone needing catering in the Raleigh area.

Sent on 09/05/2018

Molly · Married on 03/31/2018

Rocky Top catered out wedding and they were amazzzing. I had eaten Rocky Top’s food at someone else’s wedding and at the time thought it was the best wedding food I had ever eaten. I am so glad I snagged them for my day! Lara was wonderful to work with from the very beginning. She was very responsive and offered really helpful suggestions- which was great because I was kind of overwhelmed by the wedding planning! My husband and I attended an open house tasting and the food was phenomenal. Everything we selected to serve at our wedding was delicious and people are still talking about the bruschetta mac and cheese. I only wish we got to sit down and stuff our faces with it! Another reason we chose Rocky Top is because they set up the food in a pleasing way. We chose to do a buffet, and Rocky Top did a wonderful job with the signs, playing with height, ect. And made it seem so much nicer. Thanks Rocky Top!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Amanda · Married on 03/24/2018

As if they even need another five star review. I just can't help myself from telling y'all that this catering company is the Dream Team! They went above and beyond for everyone on our wedding day. They were incredible. The food was great, but the service was just outstanding. We were thrilled with everything involving Rocky Top.

Sent on 04/16/2018

Lillian · Married on 02/24/2018

I am so glad we chose Rocky Top as our wedding caterer! All of our guests raved about the food, and I'm still dreaming about the shrimp and grits even though our event was over a month ago. The service was incredible at every level. Lara helped us pick out the perfect menu, and even assisted with figuring out our floor plan for the reception. The stations were all set up beautifully the day of, and the staff ensured that the bride and groom actually got to enjoy the food! Not only did they bring trays of hors d'oeuvres and drinks down to the wedding party while we were taking pictures, they also asked what my husband and I wanted to eat and made plates for us to make sure we got to try everything! They also sent us home with some leftovers, which was wonderful. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to hire a caterer.

Sent on 04/02/2018

Grace · Married on 12/29/2017

Vicki is absolutely incredible to work with! She truly made my husband and me feel like her only clients. Additionally, she has the patience of a saint. She was never "too busy" to answer a question in detail or text/call. She was always excited to see and talk to us if we ran into her at other weddings. She has an impeccable attention to detail and memory. The food is beyond incredible and we are so thankful that we did not go with another company. There are many catering companies that have good food, but none have the level of customer service that Rock Top Catering does.

Sent on 12/31/2017

Madison · Married on 12/29/2017

I am so glad that we chose Rocky Top for our December wedding! Jeff was wonderful to work with, he was always very patient and flexible. My husband and I had to bring our kids with us to the tasting event and all of the staff was so attentive to our kids, they didn't have to offer them food but they made sure our kids felt included. One waitress even went in the back and brought them out kids cups which was so nice. I highly recommend going to a one of their tasting events! It was so mucj more fun than we expected it to be! Then on the day of our wedding everything went perfectly! The food was absolutely amazing, all of the staff was so kind and helpful, and I couldn't have asked for a better experience! It was nice being a bride and not having to worry about anything as far as food and drinks were concerned because I completely trusted the caterer. Their set up also looked beautiful even though we had a buffet. We had a lot of children attending our wedding so Jeff suggested we do a kids buffet and it was a fantastic idea, I'm so glad we chose to do it! Rocky Top also provided us a bartender for the night, she was so wonderful, patient, and the drinks were delicious! I couldn't be happier! I highly recommend!

Sent on 01/12/2018

Beth · Married on 12/16/2017

We hired Rocky Top to cater our daughter’s wedding in December and could not have had a better experience. Kevin and, especially, Vicki were incredibly helpful and professional during the whole process of planning the menu. Beginning with the tasting, they really worked hard to create a menu that was exactly what we wanted, and within budget. But the most important thing was that the food was amazing! Seriously, it was so delicious! We got so many compliments from our guests about how tasty and well-presented it was! And the staff was unfailingly courteous, attentive and efficient. Vicki was such a joy to work with; she took such a personal interest in the whole event that we felt like we’d made a new friend by the time it was over! We would definitely hire Rocky Top again in the future.

Sent on 01/11/2018

Grace · Married on 11/04/2017

They went above and beyond. Everyone on the staff was awesome! The food was awesome! The guy in charge went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of. My husband kind of hiking asked where he could get a red bull from and he went to the store and got him one. They were awesome! We worked with Vicky to coordinate everything and she was super friendly. I am vegan and they had so many options for me to choose from it was awesome! I would highly recommend Rocky Top catering to anyone!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/14/2017

I chose to go with Rocky Top after attending one of their open houses & well, because the food was delicious and they had so many options! My initial meeting and menu selection with Elizabeth was seamless and she made booking with them so easy! They not only helped me with the food choices for the wedding but they also came with me and helped get all the right rentals for my venue! This team knows what they are doing! From Vicki making sure all of our tiny details were correct to Josh walking around during our wedding to make sure we thought everything was tasting good, I could not have hoped for a better catering experience. I would most certainly use Rocky Top again for any of my catering needs!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Patrice · Married on 09/23/2017

Rocky Top is simply amazing. Me and my husband both agreed that we did not want our guests to leave hungry nor dissatisfied with the food. With Rocky Top, we did not have to worry about either. Our guests were full after cocktail hour and kept raving about how delicious everything was. A special thank you to Lara for making everything easy and for putting up with my (and my mom) indecisiveness. We look forward to using Rocky Top in 15 months for my parent's 40th wedding anniversary. You simply cannot go wrong choosing Rocky Top.

Sent on 11/14/2017

Nina · Married on 08/19/2017

Rocky Top was amazing! They made our wedding day a breeze! We are big foodies and we wanted to make sure that everything was perfect for our guests. Vicki was so patient with us and noted every detail that we wanted and followed through with everything we asked for. Guests are still telling us how all the food was wonderful!

Sent on 09/03/2017
  • Joelle

Joelle · Married on 07/01/2017

I am so beyond impressed with the service and staff at Rocky Top Catering! They did an amazing job at our wedding yesterday! Everyone was super polite and accommodating and the food was amazing! We even got to take home a little bit of everything from our fruit display, hors d'oeuvres and buffet. Special thanks to Vicki for helping us get everything set up and making sure the night was successful!! Thank you for being such a huge part of our special day!!!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Anna · Married on 06/18/2017

Unbelievable. I pulled together a small ceremony in just a few days, and Falon and her team absolutely went above and beyond the call of duty. The food, presentation, and service was outstanding. People couldn't believe the quality of Rocky Top, and their ability to pull it together in just a few short days! SO BLESSED!!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Amanda · Married on 06/17/2017

Falon was great to work with and always let us know the best deal and what to go for. The food was amazing and all of our guests enjoyed it! I would use them again for any event. We recommend the caprese chicken for main course and chicken and waffles as appetizers!! Ask for Dan when you book! He kept my husband and I happy and refreshed when we were doing our pictures and even set aside some appetizers for us to enjoy.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2017

Lara was able to meet our budget limitations, and accommodate all our menu requests!

Sent on 12/20/2016