Rockwoods Reviews

Rockwoods 1
Rockwoods 2
Rockwoods 3

Amy · Married on 10/25/2014

We just got married at Rockwoods this past weekend and we have to say our wedding was the best wedding ever and I'm not just saying that because it was ours, everything from our first visit till our final visit was amazing!!!!! Angie, Kyle and Katie along with all of the other staff members are awesome, they made my dreams and visions become a reality, we had so many compliments and we still are getting compliments about our wedding! Thank you guys so much!!! Amy and Craig Dorma

Sent on 10/27/2014

Robin · Married on 10/10/2014

Absolutely the best customer service ever! Angie & her crew did a fantastic job. Everything went smooth, the food was delicious & our guests had such a wonderful time.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Ryan · Married on 10/04/2014

Angie and staff were awesome to work with. She responds with answers to questions very quickly, they went above and beyond our expectations!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Kendra · Married on 09/26/2014

Angie and team worked so hard to make sure everything was perfect! There were a couple issues with guests (surprise guest and missing seat for guest) and Angie was so quick to fix the problem. She made sure I was happy with everything and made me feel so comfortable. I had 100% faith and trust in her and her team! Love love love this place not only to have a wedding celebration at but their food is amazing and happy hour deals are amazing. Woo hoo!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Alexis · Married on 08/22/2014

Rockwoods has the elegance of a high-end banquet hall but with the tight, close-knit staff of a small town. The banquet center itself is the perfect size with a patio, double sided bar, heightened ceilings, and a decent size dance floor. The staff decorates the room with such simple elegance (my favorite being the "Christmas lights" within the flowing drapery hung above and on the windows) yet sophistication. The mannerisms and timeliness of the staff is something that drew me in from the beginning. They do an excellent job of making you (and your wedding party) feel like you are their only focus ALL the time. They go above and beyond what I would have ever expected; they really treat you like family (Angie, Katie, Kyle & Karen specifically).

Sent on 08/24/2014

Christy · Married on 08/09/2014

Our reception was beautiful and went very smoothly thanks to the amazing banquet team at Rockwoods. Our wedding party and guests had a blast. It was a perfect evening!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Honestly, doing our reception at Rockwoods made it the least stressful part of our whole wedding day! Angie and her team take care of everything, and are so helpful and knowledgeable that it's so helpful for planning. Plus, the prices are very reasonable! I would recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 08/02/2014

Ali · Married on 07/12/2014

Angie and her staff are absolutely amazing! My reception was beautiful and everything I dreamed of!!!! I couldn't be any more thankful for what they did!!! The good was amazing, so many compliments and everything felt so classy and well taken care of!!! I loved it!!

Sent on 07/15/2014
  • User4198565 · 2+ years ago

Fabulous, just fabulous! Angie and her team are amazing. They were prompt in responding to questions, extremely detail oriented, creative and talented, understanding, professional, and fun too! They were really the best a person could ask for. After researching places in the Twin Cities and up to St. Cloud, I found their rates were very competitive. The food was phenomenal (NY Strip Steak and "fancy" Chicken. The reception room was very pretty. You can bring your decorations days before, and they take care of decorating for you! All in all, they just make everything EASY, ORGANIZED, and SOPHISTICATED. Thank you!

Sent on 06/24/2014
  • User4162040 · 2+ years ago

Angie, kyle and the staff were simply amazing!! From beginning to the end it was stress free, the decorating was beautiful, meal was delish(still am having people comment on it)bartenders were the best and they cleaned up and was totally organized. As far as I'm concerned, its the BEST value for the money, I'm recommending rockwoods to everybody and anybody, thanks again to all of you!

Sent on 06/09/2014

Hailey · Married on 06/06/2014

Rockwoods Banquet Hall is the best place! All throughout planning our reception, they have been there with a quick response and very helpful ideas. They are awesome they helped us unload our personal items we brought in they set up everything took down everything the next morning, and had our stuff ready to be picked up. I totally recommend them, everything was perfect nothing went wrong. I can not stress enough how great the employees are there, especially Angie she is amazing!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Kandayce · Married on 04/12/2014

We had our wedding reception at Rockwoods on 04/12/2014. From the first time we looked at the venue, to deciding to go with them, through all the planning, and after they have been nothing short of amazing. I am a very detail orientated and a bit of a perfectionist so probably not the easiest for people to work with and they were just fabulous. They responded to my hundreds of emails always promptly and made time for our viewings, tastings, and meetings at times they werent always supposed to be there.

The staff here set everything up for us with no additional "wedding planner" charge. They also took down everything. This was such a relief and they did a beautiful job! I walked over to the venue around noon on the day of the wedding and they had at least 5 people working on every detail of the room. By details I mean: drapings, flowers, centerpieces, beads, pictures, gift table, seat assignments, beads, chair covers & sashes, and more! It was nothing short of glamorous!

On to the food... The food was also very tasty! We chose the pork tenderloin and chicken marsala and I have gotten many compliments from our guests since then about how much they loved it.

The morning after the reception a group of us had brunch in the restaurant side and that was amazing too! There was so much variety! After brunch we returned to the banquet part and found all of our flowers and other props put together in a neatly arranged area so we could just grab them and go! Top notch service!!!!! In my opinion this venue is under priced in comparison to others we looked at and also others we have been guests at.

Thanks again Rockwoods Banquet Hall!!

Jon and Kandayce Koehler

Sent on 04/28/2014

Angie and Kyle at Rockwoods are the best you'll find! They were incredibly responsive with communication happening so quickly that many questions were answered with in minutes of being emailed. The location was impeccably decorated, the service people were kind and happy to be there, the food is still being raved about! I can't say enough about how amazing my wedding turned out and much of that was due to the experience I had at Rockwoods. They set up and took down everything, it was perfect and effortless! I would recommend, with out hesitation, hosting any party at Rockwoods. They know their stuff!

Sent on 03/08/2014

Absolutely loved my experience with Rockwoods! They are absolutely the best. Angie is awsome to work with and is on top of everything. I would definitely use them again if I got to do it all over again!

Sent on 02/25/2014

Bev · Married on 02/08/2014

Rockwoods was the most beautiful place to have our daughters wedding. The ceremony area was more than I imagined and there was plenty of room to accommodate our guests. Angie went above and beyond to make sure every detail was perfect. Angie was always available for last minute questions and met with us several times when we needed to cover or adjust plans. The entire event from the very first planning stages to the last song played was perfect all because of Angie's hard work. We received many comments from our guests how well the staff served and the food was delicious. We would have never achieved this wonderful experience without Angie's help. Thank you for everything! Bev Persons, Mike Deiley, Kaley & Corey Karkhoff.

Sent on 02/20/2014

Lisa · Married on 12/27/2013

Rockwoods and the staff were incredible. I was able to fully enjoy my day because they managed EVERYTHING for me. They were wonderful to work with, the food got a ton of compliments and it was decorated beautifully. They completely brought my vision to life.

Sent on 12/28/2013

Kassie · Married on 12/14/2013

Angie and her team were absolutely amazing! They were so helpful with all of my questions and in helping to set up and take down all of the décor which was a big stress off of my shoulders. They had a great set up for a large group (around 300 which was their max) and everyone raved about the food and service. I can't rave enough about the venue and staff!

Sent on 12/23/2013

Angela · Married on 10/12/2013

The service at Rockwoods Banquet Center's service was great and the food received rave reviews! I enjoyed every bit of the process in working with Angie and her team at Rockwoods. Excellent!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Sheree · Married on 09/21/2013

Rockwoods is our favorite place to go for a nice dinner, happy hourr, date night with friends, and was our first and only choice for our wedding reception site. From start to finish, Angie and her assistants were amazing, accomidating, and professional. We always have loved their food, but the tasting just showed us that we couldn't have made a better decision. When it came to maing decisions about decorating, they were so helpful and creative, coming up with the most beautiful ideas. As the day came closer, the reception was one thing we did not have to stress out about. We dropped off everything a couple days before and they made magic. Walking into our wedding reception was beyond what we expected! A month later, our guests are still talking about the food, the service, and the decorating. No detail was left unturned and we thank you Rockwoods crew for making our day so elegant and worry-free!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Nikki · Married on 09/01/2013

what an incredible experience! we are so glad we went with Rockwoods for our wedding/reception site, Angie and her team are great to work with and helped me along every step of the way!

Sent on 09/16/2013

Lisa · Married on 08/24/2013

Absolutely the very best to work with! Especially with any budget! Amazing staff, always performing their best! All our guests RAVED about how well dinner was prepared, no one left hungry!

With Rockwoods and the help of Angie we didn't have to worry about a thing! Dropped off our décor, and her team helped set everything up and tear down.

By far the best ever!!

Sent on 08/28/2013

Desiree · Married on 07/27/2013

Rockwoods did an amazing job for our reception! Angie and her crew set everything up so beautifully and everyone raved about the food! So easy to work with and flexible, we would use them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Angie and her staff are wonderful to work with! Very responsive and easy to get ahold of. Dropped off my decor Thursday for a Saturday wedding and Angie and her staff did the rest. Highly recommend Rockwoods to any bride looking for a venue! We received a ton of compliments on the quality of the food-both in taste and presentation.

Sent on 07/09/2013
  • Nichole

Nichole · Married on 06/28/2013

Angie and her crew at Rockwoods were amazing! We could not of asked for a better coordinator to help us put together our wedding reception. She has this way about her that makes you feel calm and collected when your there. I never felt nervous about how it would come together. Thank you Angie and Rockwoods Crew for making our wedding reception everything we wanted and more. We had so many compliments on the set up and the food! We could not have done it without you!!

-Nichole and Jim Campbell
    June 28, 2013

Sent on 06/30/2013

Rachel · Married on 06/08/2013

Service was great and food was excellent. Angie and all of her staff are amazing!

Sent on 06/17/2013