Rock Out Entertainment Reviews

40 | Livonia, MI

40 Reviews for Rock Out Entertainment

• F

Francesca · Married on 08/16/2014

Wayne was absolutely amazing! We didn't have to give him any guidance because he is that good! He did our music, lighting, and photo booth and he did a fantastic job!! Would absolutely recommend Rock Out Entertainment!!

Sent on 08/23/2014

Christine · Married on 05/17/2014

The greatest thing about Wayne Kinney and Rock Out Entertainment was the peace of mind we had going into the big event. My husband and I have been together for 11 years, and during that time, music played a huge part in our relationship (one of the things that brought us together initially was a mutual love of David Bowie, specifically his album Outside). It took us a LONG time to fill out our “must play” list, and included Trobar de Morte alongside Radiohead. When we sat down (over Skype—my husband and I planned our Michigan wedding from Tampa, Florida) with Wayne to talk about the wedding day schedule, he was able to “read between the lines” of our must play list and gain and understanding of who my husband and I are, musically speaking. At one point it was even eerie (Wayne suggested starting off the dancing with some Parliament, a band my husband has always been a fan of but didn’t ultimately make it on our list)—he was able to gauge our tastes based on a handful of weird, disconnected songs, and from then on, I knew I had nothing to worry about. Other great things: 1) Wayne didn’t stay holed up behind his equipment all night—he moved around, checked the temperature of the attendees, and made sure my husband and I, as well as our guests, were having a good time; 2) As part of our package, Wayne set up colored lights around the perimeter of the room, which helped to create atmosphere—which was a perk I didn’t know to ask for; 3) It was clear from his demeanor that Wayne loves his work. He was upbeat while still being professional, took requests but honored my wish that NO COUNTRY MUSIC be played during my reception. If you’re thinking about booking Wayne and Rock Out Entertainment for your wedding, I suggest making an appointment to speak with him. You’ll see, then, why booking him was an easy choice to make, and one that I do not regret.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Susan · Married on 03/15/2014

Rock Out Entertainment and Wayne Kinney are the best. Wayne Helped us all the way answering questions and making suggestions. he was more than a DJ. The music was everything we wanted and the lighting was spectacular!! We will use ROE again for any event we need entertainment and will highly suggest to anyone we know to use them as well. ROE and Wayne made our wedding a night that people still talk about!!! Thank you Wayne and ROE

Sent on 04/22/2014

Alyssa · Married on 08/09/2013

Wayne brought the house down the night of the wedding! Not only did he keep the entire dance floor packed all night, he was so great with keeping events of the evening rolling. When it was time for the bridal party entrance, he came out and made sure everyone knew what their cues were and gave an entire run-down of what to expect as we walked in. Our families were all over the place during the time for the bridal party dance and instead of having my husband and I off to search for everyone, he gathered everyone together. When time for the bouquet toss, he grabbed the flowers for me. Wayne kept the dance floor alive and is able to connect with the crowd, feeding and seeing what is keeping them on the dance floor. He is great with interacting with the crowd and getting everyone involved - he even went out and did The Wobble with everyone on the dance floor to familiarize it with how it's done. My husband and I were not off the dance floor all night and cannot thank Wayne enough for the incredible job he did on our special day!

Sent on 08/26/2013

kendra · Married on 05/04/2013

Wayne was an absolute joy to work with! You are in good hands when you work with him. I could not have asked for a better master of ceremonies/DJ. He is super organized and prepared and easy to work with. He really goes above and beyond the call of duty to ensure you and your guests are enjoying themselves. He really takes care of you! Thank you Wayne for allowing me to just have fun and not worry about a thing!!

Sent on 05/31/2013

Wayne is an amazing DJ!!! We really wanted to make sure we had a good DJ for our wedding, because they truly can make or break your wedding reception. Well Wayne and Rock Out definitely made our wedding ceremony and reception!!! He was open to every song choice I threw at him and even made a super cool entrance song out of one of my favorite songs, which is totally not a traditional entrance song. He also came to our rehearsal to make sure that he would have our ceremony music timed correctly with our aisle walk. If that isn't the definition of above and beyond, I don't know what it is!!! Bottom line... HIRE HIM!!!

Sent on 11/08/2012

Crystal · Married on 06/30/2012

Patrick was great. I good speaker for the announcements and a fun DJ.

Everyone had a blast.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Erin · Married on 05/19/2012

AWESOME DJ! We used Rock Out Entertainment for our May 19, 2012 wedding and were entirely happy with the services. No cheesy or overbearing DJs here. Perfect!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Tony · Married on 05/12/2012

Thank you once again for making our daughter's Sweet 16th Birthday Party a huge success! Justin and Evan had our guests dancing the whole entire time of the event at the Courthouse Grille. Even the staff at the venue engaged themselves on the dance floor! ALL of you have been fantasic to work with and displayed professionalism and provided wonderful service. THANK YOU just does not seem enough to express how happy we were to select such a wonderful company like yours for entertainment. Again, thank you to all of you for a memorable event and a job well done.

Sent on 05/18/2012
  • W

Winter · Married on 10/22/2011

Wayne with Rock Out entertainment provided an entertainment experiance beyone what we could have ever hoped for. He arrived hours early to our venue and tailored our reception celebration to fit exactly what we desired. Months ahead, he inquired as to special song requests. Wayne was so incredibly charismatic and engaging. Our guests gravitated to him and parcitpating in such a wonderful way. The most unlikely people sang their favorite songs and had such a great time. Wayne and Rock Out will be one of the greatest, most memorable decisions we made for our wedding. We enthusiastically recommend him to anyone considering his company for their special occasion. Thank you Wayne!! We consider you our friend. Good luck in everything you do!

Sent on 10/31/2011

Laura · Married on 09/10/2011

Rarely do you find a DJ who can get everyone from a 3 year old flower girl to a 91 year old grandma on the dance floor at once - and then keep them there. This is exactly what Wayne did, and our dance floor was packed the entire night. Wayne was very professional with our introductions, kept to the timeline for the night, and like the previous review said, was far from cheesy. Wayne knows your wedding is about you and dancing, not him! I would highly recommend Wayne to any bride looking for guaranteed fun at her wedding.

Sent on 10/02/2011

Diana · Married on 09/18/2010

Wayne was by far the best vendor decision I made for my wedding. He was absolutely incredible throughout the entire planning process as well as the wedding day. He is the furthest thing from your cheesy typical wedding DJ...one of the coolest people I have ever met. My fiance and I just adored him.

He is fantastic at reading the crowd and knowing what to play to keep things moving and everyone having fun. He kept the event flowing right on schedule.

I would recommend him to anyone!!!

Sent on 09/23/2010

Connie · Married on 04/23/2010

Wayne with Rockout Entertainment is the perfect DJ. He reads the crowd and tailors the music to fit everyone there. His timing was impeccable and his charming personality tied everything together seamlessly. Several of our guests wanted his information after the wedding, which is a testament in itself. Would highly recommend Wayne and Rockout Entertainment for any type of function, he was just great!

Sent on 05/12/2010

3.5

Wayne at Rock Out was great. I was really looking for a great DJ, not a DJ service, who could work the crowd and wouldn't play cheesy wedding songs. He played great music, helped out with the sound for the ceremony, music for the cocktail hour and even helped come up with a lighting plan for the space. I would recommend him!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Erin · Married on 07/18/2015

DJ Justin throws a great party! My guests were dancing all night.

Sent on 08/04/2015