Rock Creek Mansion Reviews

Rock Creek Mansion 5
Rock Creek Mansion 6
Rock Creek Mansion 7
  • User4861590 · event on 03/07/2015

We loved the Rock Creek Mansion. It is the perfect size to have a big party yet make it feel like a warm intimate gathering. Julie and her staff are great to work with!

Sent on 03/09/2015

kristine · Married on 12/13/2014

We got married at RCM on 12-13-14 and it was AMAZING! Would do it again, anyday :)

Sent on 02/18/2015
  • User4447997 · event on 05/03/2014

We had a wonderful experience using Rock Creek Mansion for our daughter's bat mitzvah. The manager, Julie, was extremely engaged and responsive throughout the planning process and did a beautiful job coordinating with our caterer, dj and photographer. The weather cooperated with us and the back patio provided a large area for adults to socialize away from the music and for kids to run around. Can't say enough good things about our experience.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Patricia · Married on 10/18/2013

I want to start out to say Thank you to Julie and Mike for allowing us to have our wedding at the Rock Creek Mansion. It was an absolutely beautiful day and we will always cherish their help for letting us have an amazing wedding.

We chose Rock Creek Mansion because it was just a beautiful venue it really is a hided gem in Bethesda because my husband and I had no it idea it was there!

Julie is the wedding coordinator and was amazing from beginning to end she always answered her emails promptly for us and always offered her input to make sure our planning was much easier.

Mike was with us the day of the wedding and he was amazing and very attentive. He was quick to get things done without hesitation. He help set up that day as well.

We both cannot thank them enough for making our day unforgettable. Everyone was complimenting about the beautiful lawn and the venue itself.

You will not be disappointed to have your wedding at RockCreek Mansion please check them out!!!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Margie · Married on 05/26/2013

The venue was perfect for a May wedding and we were very happy and lucky that the weather cooperated completely. The ceremony was outdoors on the large and nicely landscaped grounds. The guests enjoyed starters on the patio then moved to the spacious and beautiful ballroom for lunch and dancing. We had about 100 people and the space and acoustics were excellent. Julie, the event coordinator at the Mansion, could not have been more helpful. Based on her extensive experience with event planning and the venue, she worked with us closely to make sure we would be happy with the outcome. She drew up the room plans with indoor and outdoor ceremony options. She met with us and all the vendors to make sure details were consistent and known to all. She met with the caterer to nail down every detail. The venue was spotless when we arrived for setup and looked beautiful for the lunch. A staff member was there throughout the event to ensure things went smoothly. This venue is a secret gem in the DC area. It is beautiful and affordable, and a very flexible space.

Sent on 05/29/2013

Rock Creek Mansion hosted our post-wedding party in August 2013 and the manager was very accommodating and helpful throughout the planning process. The venue is large and well maintained. It didn't need a lot of decoration in my opinion and we didn't do much. There's a beautiful patio, but we didn't use it because it would have thinned out our party if some guests were outside. The kitchen was large, easily accessible and had everything our caterer needed. There's a private parking lot behind the mansion that really adds value. We ran out of space eventually but plenty of guests were able to park for free and walk right in.

Sent on 08/17/2013

Gen · Married on 10/13/2012

Julie was great to work with! She offered her experience and was on the ball with recommendations. She clarified how I wanted everything to be, and did a great job incorporating my ideas into set up.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Meridith · Married on 09/29/2012

Rock Creek Mansion was an absolutely beautiful venue for our fall wedding reception of 100 people! I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue and how exceptional Julie & Mike are to work with. They truly made our day an unforgettable one. Julie & Mike were so accessible and met with us on several occasions to go over the layout and timeline for the reception. It made planning a wedding from a distance so much easier. The grounds are gorgeous and the mansion itself is stunning - such a great find for the location, convenience, and setting. If I had to do it all again, I would choose Rock Creek Mansion and working with Julie & Mike in a heartbeat. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a personalized, elegant, fun and intimate wedding!

Sent on 12/27/2012

Sara · Married on 09/02/2012

Rock Creek mansion was absolutely venue for my daughters wedding. My daughter, son in law, family and friends all had a great time and commented on how wonderful everything was.

Thank you Rock Creek for making my daughters wedding FABULOUS.

Monica

Sent on 09/03/2012

Catherine · Married on 09/10/2011

If you see an opening - book it fast! Amazing value for the price. Staff was hugely helpful, and really made my wedding day special! I completely trusted Julie, and she really helped me put the finishing touches, and had a ready made list of excellent vendors to choose from. Couldn't have pulled it off without Julie and her amazing staff!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Kim · Married on 05/19/2018

Rock Creek Mansion is such a great space! And for the price, you can’t beat it! I loved the seperate built in bar area! It was perfect for our 100 person wedding but could have easily fit more. Julie is so easy and nice to work with. Definitely recommend!!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Meaghan · Married on 10/15/2016

We had our wedding reception at Rock Creek Mansion this past weekend and we couldn't be more pleased with our decision! The venue is cozy and welcoming, the perfect spot for our 130-guest "rustic fall"-themed wedding. We had an indoor reception and rented a tent for the patio, which provided a nice spot for guests to take a break from the party inside and enjoy the fall weather, and watch the kids run around on the lawn. Julie Carter, the events coordinator at RCM, was accommodating and helpful from start to finish. She recommended excellent vendors who had worked together several times before, and who teamed up to create a magical reception that we'll never forget! Throughout the process, she shared lots of helpful hints and tips, like taking advantage of RCM's private room upstairs to accommodate several guests with babies and young children, and suggesting a table layout that provided enough space for the dance floor--which was a great decision, because our guests danced nonstop.

We had a blast and would highly recommend Rock Creek Mansion as a reception venue!

Sent on 10/18/2016

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Rock Creek Manion in August 2014. The mansion is truly beauitufl and they have done a lot in the yards which makes it even nice in summer. Great location as well, right off the beltway. We had about 115 guests. We worked with Julie who was magnificent from the first e-mail all the way to the day off. Anytime I had a question about something she responded immediately. She was very easy to work with. We also used the bar services which were fantastic!

The only minor drawback that I heard of was during set-up on the day of the wedding. I wasn't there of course, but my mom's friend who was helping set up said that it was a little confusing and there were a lot of restrictions even though we went over everything. It is possible that it was confusing becasue we never had a "run-through" meeting like I thought we would with the caterer, RCM, DJ, and decorators (in this case my mom's friend). Throughout the last couple weeks before our event, we were looking out for it from Julie (or the caterer) but it never happened. It worked out in the end because the mansion looked BEAUTIFUL for the wedding, but the meeting would have given us peace of mind before the wedding.

Other than that, I highly recommend having your event at RCM. It's so easy to decorate.. there is so much you can do.

Sent on 11/24/2014
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Quinn · Married on 11/03/2018

Great experience for our wedding

My fiance and I choose this spot for our early November wedding for around 100 guests. It was the perfectly unique personable, homelike cozy setting we desired and it looks fantastic in photos. We were thrilled to use this site for our wedding. The reception coordinator, Julie Carter, was a breeze to work with. She was congenial, professional and very responsive to my questions and guiding me in the process of planning. She also seemed to not view planning weddings as much as a for-profit business venture as other coordinators I had met which was an added bonus. The house manager and bar manager were also both very easy to work with. Many of our guests commented on how lovely this site was in general.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Rock Creek Mansion's reply:

Kimberly, thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and we were thrilled to see your vision come to fruition. The pictures do look lovely - especially you lounging on the "Downton Abbey" couch. Best of luck to you both!!

• W

William · Married on 09/20/2014

Although after signing the contract the surrounding forest underwent construction for more cookie cutter houses "from the low 800k" in Bethesda, this venue is still great place for a small to medium sized wedding reception. There is ample room for up to about 200 people and setting up alcohol and more importantly being able to drop off things way in advance, was easy and the coordinator is very easy to work with. If you don't want a pretentious venue with ample room for a very nice wedding I would recommend. Very conveniently located near downtown bethesda

Sent on 10/02/2014

Ronda · Married on 12/02/2016

We used Rock Creek Mansion for a company holiday party and were very happy with the service we received. Julie was pleasant to work with and very helpful.

Sent on 03/15/2017
  • User6980836 · event on 06/04/2016

3.5

We held our daughter's senior class prom dinner at RCM and it was FABULOUS! Plenty of room and great photo areas for about 120 students -- plus lots of parents who hung out from beginning to end, which kids didn't mind at all! Some parents went downstairs to the bar -- which kids didn't even know about, so it wasn't a problem. We started with photos outside on patio and lawn. Then, a buffet and sit down dinner for the students. A huge success! We used Simply Fresh Catering, which also coordinated our limo buses.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Nina · Married on 05/06/2018

Julie is exetremely knowledgeable about the venue and has many suggestions. She checks out almost every event so she can make her own judgment as to the caterer, florist, wedding planner, band, etc which is very helpful to those customers seeking recommendations. She has an extremely good demeanor and is very responsive. I would recommend; but as any consumer should do, do your own research for what you are looking for at your event.

Sent on 05/17/2018

Megan · Married on 10/01/2016

We had our wedding reception at Rock Creek Mansion in October. Julie was very responsive. I appreciate that there is one big room so that you can look around and see all the guests.

Sent on 10/24/2016
  • User6526886 · event on 03/27/2016

We had my sister-in-law's memorial service and life celebration at Rock Creek Mansion. We were able to book the space on short notice (10 days) and the coordinator, Julie Carter, worked with us to get the set-up that we wanted. She provided very helpful suggestions. On the day of the event, we had someone there to monitor things and to improvise last -minute changes: additional tables and chairs and their arrangements.

We had a short religious service in the L-space off the main room, followed by a luncheon in the main room.

The space itself is very nice, with a not-too-large ball room and outdoor patio. We had about 60 people in attendance. Julie's set-up worked perfectly - allowing plenty of space for people to move about in without feeling like we were lost in a stadium.

Their resident caterer, Mike Horan, catered the event for us. We were a little anxious when we didn't hear from Mike right away (but then we were anxious anyway), but Mike provided exactly the luncheon we wanted, including accommodations for special diets and a special punch requested by my wife.

All the staff were very friendly and considerate. The event was everything we could have wanted. We heartily recommend Rock Creek Mansion to anyone looking to stage an event.

Sent on 03/27/2016

Jose G · Married on 05/13/2017

3.5

Great venue, friendly and accommodating personnel. I would recommend it to others who might seek to host a reception.

Sent on 06/15/2017

Kelsey · Married on 12/01/2016

3.4
      3.0
      3.0
      3.5

Work with a caterer who has done an event at the venue before.

Sent on 02/22/2017