35 Reviews for Rock Creek Gardens

Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
35 Rock Creek Gardens Reviews

This venue is absolutely incredible! We heard nothing but great things from our guests saying the venue was beautiful and a hidden gem. We could not agree with them more! Elise was our day of venue coordinator and even though I had my own wedding coordinator, Elise was super helpful and willing to answer questions. HIGHLY recommend Rock Creek to anyone!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 7/14/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Event Planning, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

I honestly can't describe how much I love this place. How well they took care of us and everything else! I was a little busy during the day, but with all their help and the beauty of this place everything was perfect. Even though it rained we were able to go under the tent for awhile and it looked all the more beautiful. Maybe after a year I'll be able to explain better why you should definitely choose this venue, but right now I'm still reeling from the day! I just wanted to say immediately how great they are and how beautiful the entire place is!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jill, 6/15/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

I am not going to lie, the price for this place was not cheap but it is worth every penny! The coordinators stay in touch with us and they are really great with helping us throughout the process. Plus, you don't have to do much decorating because the venue itself is magnificent, it literally took my breath away when we got to the entrance. We didn't even drive in yet and my sisters were in awe just like I was. Their bridal suite is pretty sweet too, makes us feel like hollywood stars! We booked with them and are just super excited for our big day!! If the men were loving it too, then you know it's perfect! :)

Profile Picture User5112907, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Both the venue and the Staffs are all amazing! going back reminiscing my wedding day it was absolutely gorgeous. Elise my wedding coordinator was so great! It was partly raining on the day of my wedding Elise handled all the vendors and situations professionally she did not panic instead she showed me a very positive attitude that everything is possible to make the wedding of my dreams a reality.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Julz, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I knew I wanted to get married here before I was even engaged! The moment I became engaged I called and set up a time to book the venue (over 2 years in advance!!) I primarily dealt with Gracie during the process and she was so kind and helpful! I attended the many open houses and got to see the venue improve over the 2 years (I didn't think it could get better but it did!) The gardens are beautifully maintained making it so you don't have to spend more of flowers or decorations-the venue speaks for itself!
about a month before my wedding I got my day of coordinator Vickie. She was AMAZING! If you are getting married here I would recommend her if you can! She knows how the venue works, has plenty of experience and knows her stuff! She was able to keep our groomsmen in line-which is a job in itself! ;). My mom and maid of honor couldn't stop talking about her and how helpful she was when they were trying to clean up and check out at the end of the night!
I would recommend Rock Creek Gardens to any bride and groom looking for a Venue!

Profile Picture Heather, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Event Planning, Drapery, Furniture, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking

Rock Creek Gardens is incredible. The wedding we shot there this summer was run professionally and smoothly by April Runkel, the on site coordinator. We were inspired by the elegant getting ready room provided for the bride as well as all the water features, bridges, arches, trees, gardens and more on the grounds. We had a fabulous time and could shoot weddings there all summer long with all the beauty to be found there! I highly recommend you have your next event at Rock Creek Gardens!

Profile Picture Dawn , 8/15/15, 1 Review
3.8

While the venue was beautiful, the price was steep and those in charge could have been more attentive. Overall, I am glad to have had my wedding here, but I would have liked to have seen a little more responsiveness to my needs.

Profile Picture User5476710, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I LOVED my wedding at Rock Creek Gardens. It was the perfect setting for the look I was going for. My husband and I did a Thursday evening wedding to save on costs (saved us $3000.00) and we were happy that we did.
RGC is a great venue for couples who do not want to do a ton of decorating. They have almost everything that you need like chairs and tables so rentals are needed only for personal tastes. One thing I love is that they have enough chairs to cover both the ceremony and reception.
Their staff was very responsive. Another reason we choose RCG was that they have in-house day of coordinators that they assign to you. We LOVED our coordinator. She was absolutely wonderful to work with.
Outdoor weddings in Washington always concern me but thankfully RCG has a tent in case of rain.
You can purchase sparklers for an exit through the venue and they handle the clean-up and everything. Totally worth the $50.
They have preferred caterers and we went with Mama Stortini’s and LOVED the food.
A few things to watch out for:
Bring your own trash bags! You should probably just have a box of cleaning supplies because the venue doesn’t supply this type of stuff.
RCG is proud of their venue as they should be and they may not allow you to do certain things. One thing we struggled with was during our ceremony we provided babysitting for children. We wanted them babysat inside the carriage house so that they would be contained and easier to watch. We were not told until 1 month before this wouldn’t be an option but thankfully they relented when the forecast predicted 104 degrees.
The venue has drapery fabric for the arbor and it’s $250 to rent.
We didn’t’ go with their preferred florist and I do wish that they had more than one option. My husband and I felt a pressured by the fact that their florist can get in earlier than if you hire someone different.
All in all we are so happy with our choice of venues and would book them again!

Profile Picture Jocinda, 8/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough on how wonderful not only the grounds are but the staff is amazing!!! My wedding planning process has been a breeze thanks to them. Everyone has been so helpful and kind. A big plus for us was how many options they provide at the venue itself, from tables and chairs to in house decor the options are endless and makes them incredibly affordable for all they offer. I would recommend Rock Creek to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Cortney, 9/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Rock Creek gardens is without a doubt the best venue to have your wedding at in the Tacoma/puyallup area. I saw only 2 venues when planning my big day and I knew immediately that rock creek was the place for us. Even my fiancé was impressed and knew we had to have our wedding there. The ladies that work there are so sweet and caring and truly want your wedding day to be amazing. Rock creek gives you the option of three different caterers to use for your wedding day (A Grand Affair is delicious and who I chose) and they also have a decor and flower service if you choose to use it. I used the flowers and decor service and they absolutely saw the vision I had. I had tears in my eyes when I walked to the reception tent on my wedding day. Kerra and Gayle who put together the decor and flowers somehow saw my vision through the tons of emails I sent them. I honestly cannot express how great they are. This place is well worth the money if you want a premier venue. There is a play area for the children to enjoy and more than enough space for guests, a Photo Booth, candy bar, and whatever else you want to include. It is beautiful and classy. They also have a day of planner for you, I worked with Stefanie and she was perfect. Things ran so smoothly and she was great at being kind, but firm with a few groomsmen who were a little too excited for the wedding. She was professional and did everything she could to make me and my husband comfortable, constantly keeping us updated on things and grabbing us whatever or anything we needed. If you are thinking about having your wedding at Rock Creek all I can tell you is please do it. This place is well worth the money

Profile Picture Navia, 9/7/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot express how perfect of a venue Rock Greek Gardens is. My husband and I live in California so had to search pretty hard for a venue we liked for our Washington state wedding. The moment we saw pictures of Rock Creek Gardens, we fell in love. The venue is in a secluded garden atmosphere that is so intimate and romantic.

Gracie, Kerra, and all of the wedding coordinators are so helpful and responsive and really care about each of their clients. My husband and I paid for our wedding ourselves and had a pretty limited budget, but Gracie and Kerra were both so flexible and helpful in coming up with ways as to how we could make our big day work.

The garden itself is so beautiful- I highly suggest checking out the venue if you are considering getting married in Washington state. And the reception tent is just perfect for a party, no matter the size. All of our guests mentioned to us how beautiful the venue was. Rock Creek Gardens encompasses every aspect you could think of to make your big day perfect, stress-free, and beautiful. Thank you so much Gracie, Kerra, and everyone else at RCG!! Love, Mitra and Jaron

Profile Picture Mitra, 7/19/14, 2 Reviews
3.2

Beautiful venue but lacked contract organization. Rehearsal was double booked, so we didn't actually rehearse in location wedding was to take place. Instead we were moved to a different location on the property which was a weeded area, and no compensation for the mistake was given. No A/C in main house for bridal party to get ready, so getting ready in 90 degree weather was miserable. Semi-flexible when it came to caterer, could only choose from a list of 3 caterers. The DJ they provided (at extra cost) wasn't very flexible when it came to time frame, meaning he had to play a certain amount of time, even if it meant all the guests had left already. The flowers and décor they provided (at extra cost) was amazing, the ceremony was beautiful, was just disappointed with the lack of organization and lack of services provided for the cost, although everyone I talked to were very friendly and professional.

Profile Picture User4328940, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.7

Location is everything. This is the place.

Profile Picture User4030868, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at Rock Creek on 8/31/2013 and the wedding was absolutely spectacular! We received so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was!

Working with the staff at Rock Creek was very easy and they were responsive and professional always. They had great ideas for decor and setup and definitely knew what they were doing.

I really liked that they set us up with a week-of wedding coordinator. It made everything very painless and easy, especially the day of the wedding. I knew everything was going to get done and if anything needed to be changed or a decision made, I trusted her judgement.

I would certainly recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a beautiful location for a memorable wedding.

Profile Picture Kristina, 8/31/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words could never adequately describe Rock Greek Gardens. Our wedding day was one of the most perfect days of the summer – gorgeous blue skies, a peak of Mt. Rainier overlooking our ceremony, and weather that was neither too hot or too cold. I visited RCG a number of times (6 in total) over a 10 month period and each and every time the venue was gorgeous; no matter the season, the space is truly a gem. If you’re interested in having an outdoor wedding event seriously consider Rock Creek Gardens. It’s right in the middle of Puyallup but it's off of the beaten path to lend to the secluded garden atmosphere of the venue.

The RCG team (Gracie, the wedding coordinators, and the people who help set up/clean up) is very professional and great at what they do. Gracie and the coordinators respond to your needs quickly. I have to say something extra about Gracie because I feel like she went above and beyond to help my husband and I during the early stages, before I was set up with my wedding coordinator. My husband and I were genuinely happy to be married at RCG because Gracie was so kind, understanding, and flexible.

The reception tent is awesome; as it is, with the piped, drape-like ceiling from which hangs giant lanterns, the tent is a bargain that feels like a million bucks. For small, additional feels an individual can extended the tent to include hundreds of guests and if you happen to throw an event on a day that turns rainy/windy you can add installations. The bridal suite is the perfect retreat for the bridal party and immediate family. Our wedding had several games for guests to play and become involved in and the layout of the space lend itself perfectly for this because we were able to have each game in a different area: on the patio and under the tent.

We have received such great feedback about Rock Creek Gardens from many of our wedding guests. The worse part of our wedding day was that it had to end...I wish it could have lasted for days!!

Profile Picture Tessa, 7/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was perfect an beautiful! Couldn't ask for a more perfect peaceful wedding!

Profile Picture Elisha, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
4.1

Beautiful venue. Not a lot of picture options if it is raining. Tent with heaters is warm and dry even in bad weather.

Profile Picture User2551116, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is amazingly beautiful, the employees were all very helpful and whenever we had any questions about anything they were there to help out. I knew the second I showed up that was where I wanted my wedding and no where else would do it. Everything else was just icing on the cake.

Profile Picture Kylie, 9/22/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creak Gardens is a beautiful venue hidden in Puyallup. They were very helpful when we had questions and worked with us to clear anything concerns we had. The place is so beautiful that you really don't need to do much flower wise. The tent sets such a beautiful enchanting feel for the reception and there is even a little play ground area that the kids at the wedding took advantage of. Great place to get married.

Profile Picture Jecelin, 9/2/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is amazing! Beautiful, scenic, peaceful, relaxing and just the perfect first impression. This venue is one of the things we were most in love with. All of our guests were amazed by the gem found behind the forest and we received many compliments. The layout is nice and open. The play area for the kids was a life saver and just provided a good family vibe. Lots of magical photo opportunities and lots of space for people to mingle and relax. I would throw another party here just for the environment.

Profile Picture Linh, 8/25/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is amazing and the people that run it are all very sweet and caring. They go above and beyond any expectation to make any event as flawless and smooth as possible.

Profile Picture User3349385, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek Garden is simply gorgeous, from its outer beauty to the venue's services. My husband and I enjoyed having our wedding there and wouldn't change a thing. Many of our guests praised us for finding such a beautiful wedding venue.

Profile Picture User3350515, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock Creek Gardens is a gorgeous venue. So many of our guests complimented the venue and said it was the most beautiful wedding they've been to. It was a great experience and I would definitely recommend this venue to others.

Profile Picture Eliane, 8/17/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The staff at Rock Creek Gardens are amazing! Not only are they fun to work with but they are very detail orientated and attentive. Our wedding was unforgettable and I highly recommend this to anyone considering a garden wedding.

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/12/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rock creek gardens was an amazing venue. Gracie and her team were so nice and very helpful throughout the entire experience. The only issues we had was that one of my guests' car got broken into and the wedding coordinator I had waited until I approached her to call the police. Which in my opinion she should have called them immediately and had not waited for the bride to step in to handle it. And then the communication between the catering service and the venue should have been more clear as far as alcohol is concerned. I was told by the venue that only the catering service could provide alcohol for my guests. Not Myself or my guests could bring any alcohol on the premises. But the day of the wedding the catering service told me I could've brought my own alcohol as long as they were the ones to serve it. Small issues when put in perspective and we still had the most amazing day ever. All of my guests were ecstatic with the venue!

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/12/12, 1 Review