Rock Creek Gardens Reviews

41 | Puyallup, WA

41 Reviews for Rock Creek Gardens

Lacey · Married on 08/20/2010

Rock Creek Gardens is absolutely amazing!!! The venue is beautiful, the staff is exceptional and they provide you with a day of coordinator to make your day run perfect. I can't say enough great things about this venue! My guests keep telling me that it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been to. I recommend Rock Creek Gardens to everyone with an upcoming wedding!!

Sent on 11/19/2010

Abigail · Married on 10/03/2009

This place is so beautiful! The staff is super nice and helpful!! I was lucky to have my wedding here, it turned out absolutely amazing.

Sent on 10/11/2009

Kristina · Married on 08/23/2009

We were absolutely thrilled with Rock Creek Gardens hosting our wedding/reception site! Gracie and her team were extremely responsive throughout the entire process leading up to the event. Any questions or concerns that we had could be quickly answered by email within a few hours (during normal business hours). The venue is gorgeous and isn't like any other place you've seen! I would highly recommend RCG for your wedding or event if you are looking for something truly unique that your guests will enjoy being apart of.

Sent on 01/04/2010

Rebecca · Married on 10/28/2006

This is a breathtakingly beautiful english garden setting. They also offer tent rentals and a bridal suite and a place for the the groom to get ready. They are so nice and helpful! I recommend this venue to everyone I know, please give them a call and check it out. The scenery speaks for itself, one look at the beautiful setting and you will be sold!

Sent on 04/28/2008

Jocinda · Married on 08/03/2017

I LOVED my wedding at Rock Creek Gardens. It was the perfect setting for the look I was going for. My husband and I did a Thursday evening wedding to save on costs (saved us $3000.00) and we were happy that we did.
    RGC is a great venue for couples who do not want to do a ton of decorating. They have almost everything that you need like chairs and tables so rentals are needed only for personal tastes. One thing I love is that they have enough chairs to cover both the ceremony and reception.
    Their staff was very responsive. Another reason we choose RCG was that they have in-house day of coordinators that they assign to you. We LOVED our coordinator. She was absolutely wonderful to work with.
    Outdoor weddings in Washington always concern me but thankfully RCG has a tent in case of rain.
    You can purchase sparklers for an exit through the venue and they handle the clean-up and everything. Totally worth the $50.
    They have preferred caterers and we went with Mama Stortini’s and LOVED the food.
    A few things to watch out for:
    Bring your own trash bags! You should probably just have a box of cleaning supplies because the venue doesn’t supply this type of stuff.
    RCG is proud of their venue as they should be and they may not allow you to do certain things. One thing we struggled with was during our ceremony we provided babysitting for children. We wanted them babysat inside the carriage house so that they would be contained and easier to watch. We were not told until 1 month before this wouldn’t be an option but thankfully they relented when the forecast predicted 104 degrees.
    The venue has drapery fabric for the arbor and it’s $250 to rent.
    We didn’t’ go with their preferred florist and I do wish that they had more than one option. My husband and I felt a pressured by the fact that their florist can get in earlier than if you hire someone different.
    All in all we are so happy with our choice of venues and would book them again!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Ashley · Married on 08/02/2012

Everything was perfect! Everyone was so welcoming and helpful! They allowed us to stop by anytime we wanted to before the wedding, we were able to do our 'Save the date' photos there also! On the day of the wedding they were around and available for anything we needed!
    love rock creek gardens and everyone that worked with us!!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Melisa · Married on 08/29/2010

Rock Creek Gardens is hands-down the best outdoor venue for a wedding in our area. Our wedding was absolutely wonderful and we still here compliments about it from those who attended. The moment you pull in to the property it feels like you've been escorted into a new world. We love working with all the staff and they made it easy to have everything ready for you, all in one location. I recommend RCG to everyone I know who is getting married or needs a great outdoor venue. If I could, I'd have a wedding every year there!

Sent on 08/17/2012

Elaine · Married on 06/03/2018

I had my wedding here on a rainy June day, but it was still beautiful! In fact, our pictures looked very "Washington." Stephanie was a great coordinator and quickly responded to all my requests and questions. The venue is so beautiful and I'm sure my guests appreciated the fact that the ceremony and reception were all in one spot. It is pricy, but the convenience and beauty of the venue were definitely worth it. Honestly, if you splurge on this venue and get a slightly cheaper photographer, your pictures will still look beautiful. If I could have my wedding all over again, I would definitely go back to Rock Creek!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Kylie · Married on 09/22/2012

The venue is amazingly beautiful, the employees were all very helpful and whenever we had any questions about anything they were there to help out. I knew the second I showed up that was where I wanted my wedding and no where else would do it. Everything else was just icing on the cake.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Michelle · Married on 08/12/2012

Rock creek gardens was an amazing venue. Gracie and her team were so nice and very helpful throughout the entire experience. The only issues we had was that one of my guests' car got broken into and the wedding coordinator I had waited until I approached her to call the police. Which in my opinion she should have called them immediately and had not waited for the bride to step in to handle it. And then the communication between the catering service and the venue should have been more clear as far as alcohol is concerned. I was told by the venue that only the catering service could provide alcohol for my guests. Not Myself or my guests could bring any alcohol on the premises. But the day of the wedding the catering service told me I could've brought my own alcohol as long as they were the ones to serve it. Small issues when put in perspective and we still had the most amazing day ever. All of my guests were ecstatic with the venue!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Location is everything. This is the place.

Sent on 05/26/2014

Tiffany · Married on 07/14/2017

This venue is absolutely incredible! We heard nothing but great things from our guests saying the venue was beautiful and a hidden gem. We could not agree with them more! Elise was our day of venue coordinator and even though I had my own wedding coordinator, Elise was super helpful and willing to answer questions. HIGHLY recommend Rock Creek to anyone!

Sent on 08/18/2017

Beautiful venue. Not a lot of picture options if it is raining. Tent with heaters is warm and dry even in bad weather.

Sent on 06/24/2013

3.5

This venue is amazing! Beautiful, scenic, peaceful, relaxing and just the perfect first impression. This venue is one of the things we were most in love with. All of our guests were amazed by the gem found behind the forest and we received many compliments. The layout is nice and open. The play area for the kids was a life saver and just provided a good family vibe. Lots of magical photo opportunities and lots of space for people to mingle and relax. I would throw another party here just for the environment.

Sent on 07/09/2013

3.8
      3.0

While the venue was beautiful, the price was steep and those in charge could have been more attentive. Overall, I am glad to have had my wedding here, but I would have liked to have seen a little more responsiveness to my needs.

Sent on 09/28/2015

3.2
      3.0
      1.5
      1.5

Beautiful venue but lacked contract organization. Rehearsal was double booked, so we didn't actually rehearse in location wedding was to take place. Instead we were moved to a different location on the property which was a weeded area, and no compensation for the mistake was given. No A/C in main house for bridal party to get ready, so getting ready in 90 degree weather was miserable. Semi-flexible when it came to caterer, could only choose from a list of 3 caterers. The DJ they provided (at extra cost) wasn't very flexible when it came to time frame, meaning he had to play a certain amount of time, even if it meant all the guests had left already. The flowers and décor they provided (at extra cost) was amazing, the ceremony was beautiful, was just disappointed with the lack of organization and lack of services provided for the cost, although everyone I talked to were very friendly and professional.

Sent on 08/17/2014