Rochelle Myers Catering Reviews

62 | Leesburg, VA

62 Reviews for Rochelle Myers Catering

Lauren · Married on 07/16/2011

My husband Greg and I used Rochelle Myers to cater our wedding this past July. When we initially set out to plan the details of our wedding (which was at a vineyard in Loudoun County, Virginia), there were really two things that were important to us when it came to choosing a caterer: he/she must cook food that tastes great and use and many local and organic ingredients as possible AND of course- he/she must be affordable. We didn't have a huge budget for our wedding, and I was worried that I would have to compromise quality just to be able to afford to have food at our reception. I contacted a few caterers in the area that had a good reputation and worked with local ingredients. Almost every single one was way too expensive. Then a friend gave me Rochelle's name. I emailed her and she got back to me right away. After a few emails back and forth, we chatted on the phone to talk about what my (then) fiancée and I wanted for our wedding. She was so easy to talk to and had some amazing suggestions for us.

Over the next year, Rochelle was in frequent contact with me and was really great about anything that I wanted to change- even up until the week before the wedding. We even changed our mind a few months before the wedding to have pork as the main protein instead of chicken, and she was kind enough to bring 3 different kinds to our home for us to taste (the difficult part was choosing the one that we liked best!). She really put me at ease in those last few weeks before the wedding and was so much MORE than a caterer.

Almost every single wedding guest I have talked to (all 100 of them) has remarked on how amazing the food was. Many have said that it was the BEST food they have ever had at a wedding (and Greg and I agree 100%).

I am SO happy to have worked with Rochelle and wouldn't change a single thing about the catering job. She really made our day extra special and was just such a joy to work with.

Sent on 01/06/2013

Beth · Married on 04/25/2015

Arranging a caterer was rather intimidating for me since I had never done it. However, Rochelle Myers was very responsive to all my questions, however naive, and over several months responded promptly whenever I had a question. She made lots of suggestions but also was attentive to my vision for the event. She personally served as the chef for the engagement party (cocktails and hors-d'ouevres and buffet dinner) for fifty guests, at an engagement party, that I gave for my daughter. The food was great and the presentation of the food very classy and stunning. When I realized how much work is involved for the caterer and her staff before and after the dinner, I felt it was a bargain.

Sent on 04/30/2015

Rochelle and her team were awesome - organized, professional and helpful - both leading up to our wedding and on our wedding day. She asked excellent questions that allowed me to better prepare for the event, and - when I asked questions - she was always timely and informative with her response. On our wedding day, her timing was perfect; it was my wedding party who delayed dinner (food still looked beautiful, and was served at appropriate temperature with a smile). Her team even assisted in serving food prepared by my family, a task that we previously agreed was outside the contract. Though I am sorry to have put her in that position, she saw a need and filled it without skipping a beat - and I am grateful.

The food was delicious, and exactly what we expected (our expectations were high). (Two of our guests are getting married in May, and decided to use Rochelle after attending our wedding.) As I approached the buffet for dinner, a lovely woman on Rochelle's team took a plate and guided me through the buffet before walking me to my table and making sure I had everything I needed. That small gesture was unexpected and memorable.

Also - we got married in the woods. Seriously in the woods. Her team tended bar and set up a beautiful appetizer display amongst the trees. We originally wanted to serve dinner in the woods...and Rochelle was very open to making it work. In the end, we decided to have dinner on the lawn - but I appreciated her enthusiasm and willingness to problem-solve.

Oh and potatoes! My husband's mother has an impressive garden, and we wanted to bring a bit of that garden into our wedding meal. We were flush with homegrown potatoes, and Rochelle encouraged us to bring them to her kitchen to be used in the potato salad. My mother-in-law dropped them off...and came home thoroughly impressed with Rochelle's space and operation.

I hope I have the opportunity to hire her again.

Sent on 02/19/2015

If you are looking for a Catering company, Rochelle Myers Catering should be on your list of Catering companies to contact!
    My family and I found her and her staff to be dependable, trusting and very professional!! She provided the food to my daughters wedding reception and it was delicious!! I pretty much had the menu already thought out though and was requesting specialty foods. I found it was hard to find a catering company that was willing to prepare the foods I was requesting, most had a set menu and were not that flexible, but after talking to Rochelle over the phone and after the tasting she had done at my home, my family and I knew she was the one!! We had a mixture of food at the reception which had a twist of Greek dishes mixed in and really Rochelle did a great job preparing and presenting them!! Rochelle also provided the bartender, but my husband bought the soda's, beer and wine. The wait staff was awesome as well!!
    Just for the record I did the decorating, rented some things on my own to save cost for set up, my daughter and then future son-in-law hired the DJ, photographer and a local baker provided the cake. And because of Rochelle being so flexible she was ok with her doing some things and us doing some things as well. We worked great together and communicated often to be sure we were all on the same page, she had great ideas and suggestions that I found to be helpful as well.
    But there is one more thing, Rochelle and her staff left the kitchen at the community hall better than they found it!! I was so please with them and how well they cleaned up afterwards which is a big deal when renting a building, you want the people that you hire to be respectful of the environment and equipment they are using!
    Since I was doing the bulk of the wedding planning it was great having Rochelle to fall back on and really she was there through and through Rochelle and her staff did magnificent job!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Rochelle Myers Catering's reply:

Your daughter's wedding was so special--the Greek-American menu was fun to make and fun to serve, and the father-daughter dance was definitely one for the history books! Thanks for including us in the big day!

Trish · Married on 05/11/2013

I highly recommend Rochelle Myers. She was a pleasure to work with and my guests absolutely loved her food!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Rochelle Myers Catering's reply:

Thanks for hiring us for the big day, Trish! We loved meeting you and your new husband's families, and working in your beautiful home.
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 10/11/2014

Rochelle is a great quality chef - someone who cares about good food and doesn't cut corners. Rochelle was also very responsive, talking to us on the phone for about an hour the day after we contacted her - which was unusual for other caterers’ we contacted. We felt drawn to her as a woman-owned small-business owner who believed in sustainability and local food supply/cooking; we also fell in love with her personality and friendliness. She was accommodating to setting up an early food tasting (unique to her catering company over many others), as we only had 8 months to plan our wedding, we were moving on the fast track! Rochelle has an excellent coordinator, Mary, who was so very nice and did an excellent job with the event. All equipment was set-up on time (Rochelle hired an event rental supplier to assist, since we had such a large group of 240 people), the hors d'oeuvres were ready and out when guests arrived (many guests came early!), the buffet was ready to go when dinner was set, dessert, late-night snacks, bar, etc. All of it! Rochelle even brought us coffee and visited with us a bit immediately post-dinner. Many guests commented on the wonderful staff, especially the fun bartenders, who were a blast! Since our event was large, the only challenge some guests noted were occasional food temperature issues. People were crazy happy with the crab cake appetizer, the basmati rice and flank steak for the buffet, and the candied bacon & wild crab dip we had for late-night snacks. The candied bacon has gotten praise, praise, praise; even two months after the event. We had a glut of declines the week of the wedding and went from an expected 275 + 15 kids, guest count to 240 total within 5 days. Rochelle took it in stride and handled it well since it was such a leap from out original count. We were shell shocked ourselves, so we were glad Rochelle handled it without complaint, whew!

Sent on 01/04/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2014

Rochelle Myers and her catering team are wonderful! Everything from my first inquiry to the event date was very professional and the food tasted great! The customer service on our actual wedding day far surpassed my expectation, as we had a buffet style dinner but the staff served my husband and I at our table. Our guests raved about all the food; several complained about not having any left over salmon, but that certainly wasn't a negative thing. If one thing could change, it would be that Rochelle provides a precise list of food items to choose from. We requested to add a different vegetable and she did it, which was really nice.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Caitlin · Married on 05/17/2014

I am thrilled that I decided to go with Rochelle. She is SO organized and responsive and was simply wonderful to work with throughout the whole wedding planning process. She is also incredibly accommodating and flexible. Rochelle clearly communicated where costs came from, and told us concrete deadlines for all of our decisions.Rochelle was not actually present at my wedding, but her staff did an absolutely amazing job setting up and making sure the event went smoothly. All staff members were friendly, positive and well organized. Oh, and the food was also delicious!!! Best crab dip I've ever had :-)

Sent on 05/19/2014

Rochelle Myers Catering's reply:

Thanks Caitlin! We had fun gathering the ingredients for your big day, including the locally raised pork and chicken for the main meal. We are so glad we got to be a part of your special day and wish you and your husband all our best!

Sabrina · Married on 10/13/2013

We had a great experience working with Rochelle. From the proposal, tasting and our wedding day everything was extremely personalized to our taste. We were able to choose exactly what we wanted to have served on our big day and everyone was raving about the food at the wedding and continue to rave about it till this day. They were also very flexible on the day of. Due to weather we had to move our ceremony and cocktail hour space and they worked with the venue coordinator after checking in with myself and the groom to make the plan B spaces look beautiful. We also got all the tables, chairs and linens through Rochelle and they did a fantastic job setting up and positioning all the tables and chairs to create a great ceremony, cocktail hour and reception space. Beautiful space, great staff, amazing food! For sure recommend it!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Rochelle Myers Catering's reply:

Thanks, Sabrina! We loved working at your vineyard wedding, and people loved your fun station ideas so much. We appreciated being a part of your big day!

I hired Rochelle for catering for my wedding. I was extremely impressed with her professionalism and responsiveness. I think she was the vendor with whom I had the most contact, frequently making changes to our meal plan and contract. Rochelle was always very patient and helpful and spent many hours preparing for our big day.
    The projected menu for our wedding sounded absolutely fantastic, and while I can't say I got to enjoy it on our wedding day, I heard several comments about 2 of the dishes being especially delicious. We had two main courses buffet style and several side dishes. (However, was really disappointed that our chicken main course option was very dry and not very appealing.)
    Despite that little disappointment, I must say that the staff made up for it in friendliness. I received comments from several members of the wedding party regarding how courteous and thoughtful Rochelle's staff was. (They sought out a member of the wedding party that was vegan and explained to her exactly what dishes were ok for her to eat.)
    I would definitely recommend Rochelle Myers Catering but I would also recommend trying specific dishes prior to agreeing to a menu. (We were not offered the opportunity to do that.)

Sent on 06/08/2013

Abigail · Married on 10/15/2005

The food was yummy and Rochelle also rented tables and linens for us. The service was great and Rochelle was a delight to work with.

Sent on 08/30/2009

3.5

Rochelle Myers Catering was fantastic. We had a little difficult figuring out the final menu because we wanted to personalize it so much, but Rochelle wanted to make sure everything would turn out perfectly, and was willing to work with us to come up with a menu that we would love that she could comfortable promise would be great—and it was! We had some standard items off her menu, and some new creations, and repeatedly throughout the evening, we kept hearing compliments about the food and the service. The waitstaff and bartenders were great, and accommodated some special requests, like refilling vodka shots for toasts for a traditional Polish wedding. The outcome was perfect!

Sent on 07/23/2014